Étoile (Eau de Toilette)

(2009)
Étoile (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard
Where to buy?
Étoile (Eau de Toilette) (Fragonard)
Étoile (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Fragonard for women and was released in 2009. The scent is flowery-fruity. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lemon, Apple, Ginger

Longevity 5.0/10
Scent 5.0/10
1 Award
Light skin perfume
Being accustomed to Arielle and its strenght and sillage, the Etoile was disappointing with the slight bouquet of flowers from which I could not make out the jasmine nor the bergamot. Maybe alittle bit of lilly of the valley. What stays on is the ginger and the amber. This is a mini eau de parfume, nevertheless, I expected a complex scent with longevity and sillage.
Sillage 7.5/10
Longevity 5.0/10
Scent 7.0/10
1 Award
Crisp apple, ginger and white florals
Fragonard's fruity offerings surprise me because they're not sweet like I had expected they'd be. Etoile, meaning star in English, is classy yet fresh. Perhaps aimed towards a much older market than the young teen girls that fruity florals seem to attract.

Initially Etoile smelt like a garden to me. A wet, green and bitter smell, different but not unpleasant. As it began to develop it smelt a little bit like melon mixed with some soft white florals.

The apple note does appear eventually, and my god it is so beautifully done. I have a problem with some apple notes, especially in more popular scents as they tend to smell like rotten apple or apple juice. Etoile smells like a freshly bitten apple.

I quite like the ginger in this fragrance too. Ginger when mixed with a variety of fruits and vegetables in a blender is a natural immune booster for when you're sick. This might sound odd, but to me, Etoile smells healthy and invigorating.

Despite the white floral accords in the heart, the apple and ginger are quite strong throughout this composition. The cedar in the base only sharpens the scent a little.

I slightly agree with the D&G Light Blue reference, however this is more apple than lemon and I find it much more elegant too. For what it's worth, the cedary pencil shaving note in the drydown is the only similarity.

The sillage of Etoile is quite bold, its strength surprising me a little. While this isn't a favourite scent of mine, I must admit that if I ever turned into a crazy fruity floral lover, this would be the first fragrance I'd go to.