Grain de Soleil

(1999)
Grain de Soleil by Fragonard
Where to buy?
Grain de Soleil is a popular perfume by Fragonard for women and was released in 1999. The scent is powdery-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesJasmine, Heliotrope, Orange blossom

Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 8.0/10
2 Awards
Very surprising
I spotted this online at m&s uk in the sale so I bought it. Thought it would be a disappointment as most marks and spencer perfumes are, I was wrong! What a lovely spicy subtle smell this contains, like a burst of sun through the murky uk skies. It helps it contains patchouli which I love :) just realised Fragonard is not made by m&s so my bad
Sillage 7.5/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 7.0/10
Very helpful Review    5 Awards
Delicious and classy
Grain de Soleil is a truly luscious fragrance. I'm finding myself falling in love with it, and being surprised in having never discovered this fragrance up until now.

It's mostly floral with hints of powder and spices. I find it very heavy on the orris root, orange blossom and jasmine. It settles on the skin very warmly, making it the perfect fragrance for those chilly days.

I was surprised that Grain de Soleil is so sweet. The cinnamon and vanilla accords really shine out, providing a slight gourmand feel. Every component of this composition works well, so much so that it's obvious that this fragrance has been composed with quality in mind.

The sillage is just about right, being not too strong nor too weak. The scent itself soothes me and entices me in a way that is hard to describe. Grain de Soleil is somewhere between an oriental floral and a spicy gourmand. It really is a treasure.

Grain de Soleil is right up there with the likes of Billet Doux by the same house. They are both very classy, long lasting and feminine fragrances with that touch of golden elegance. I recommend.
Scent 9.0/10
3 Awards
warm, golden elixer!
As i review grain de soleil, it is a cold, snowy day, and im cozied up with a big sweater, and some hot tea. I have to say, i definitely found another "sunshine in a bottle!" This fragrance immediately warmed me entirely. I am sitting surronded by a golden aura of sweet amber, vanilla, and soft (very delicately)powdery heliotrope, which is a summer favorite of mine. A jasmine, honey, cinnamon trio has seemed to settle in for the long haul, and rather than getting individual notes, i am enveloped in a warm, golden glow. I feel as though i have a soft feminine, aura of summery joy floating about me, and i cannot express my delight in the feeling this fragrance has evoked for me. I feel very sexy, and edible! Normally anything with even a hint of powder is dead to me immediately, but this lives on.. And i continue to love it! The dry down reminds me a little of hypnotic poison, that being said, it has become necessary to get my hands on a bottle of both of them! I cannot wait to spritz this on when we take vacatin this spring! Grain de soleil and mountain sunshine may just overload my joy sensors!

Update: this beauty has MONSTER sillage. Soft sweetness greeted me the next morning, and lingered on my sweater for days. Verdict: well worth a purchasing a big bottle!

07012000 170 days ago
This perfume was a surprise for me!I smelled it at a very good friend of mine and I felt "heaven" in my nose!That beautiful it is!!!!!+2
Bottle 10.0
Sillage 10.0
Longevity 10.0
Scent 10.0

Popular Fragonard

Grain de Soleil by Fragonard Rêve Indien by Fragonard Diamant (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Billet Doux (2006) by Fragonard Belle de Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Les Naturelles: Fleur de Vanille by Fragonard Le Jardin de Fragonard - Héliotrope Gingembre by Fragonard Fragonard (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Miranda by Fragonard Violette by Fragonard Soleil by Fragonard Capucine by Fragonard Fleur d'Oranger by Fragonard Éclat (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Étoile (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Vétiver by Fragonard Émilie (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Muguet by Fragonard Concerto by Fragonard Cologne Grand Luxe by Fragonard