Miranda (2005)

Miranda by Fragonard

Miranda is a perfume by Fragonard for women and was released in 2005. The scent is sweet-floral. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCoconut, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Ylang-ylang, Jasmine, Opoponax
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Amber, Sandalwood

Submitted by Feylamia, last update on 05.09.2019

6.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Very helpful Review
Breaking lance for "Miranda"
After years of reading membership at Parfumo I now try to take up the cudgels with my first comment for this beautiful Fragonard fragrance:

I discovered Miranda many years ago directly in Grasse in the Fragonard shop. Of course I "sniffed through" all the fragrances on offer and finally decided on the three fragrances Miranda, Belle de Jour and Capucine. I bought the pure perfume for 28 Euro/15 ml and had it brought to me by a colleague from my holiday afterwards
Miranda is for me a very warm scent that envelops and caresses me. I find it very pleasant not to be pushy despite its sweetness and to use it also in spring or summer. It has a strong base with me, the vanilla stays in the background, I smell jasmine with amber and sandalwood. The fragrance is straight-lined and actually has no surprises in store. But that's exactly what makes him a pleasant companion for me.

Unfortunately it is no longer produced. I couldn't believe it at first and asked Fragonard directly. Unfortunately it was confirmed and at the same time it was announced that no comparable smell from the house can be recommended to me.

So I started looking for a replacement and of course the first thing I did was to test the fragrance twin Casmir. A hit on the first Riecher, but afterwards he develops unfortunately like nearly all "successors" tested by me as obtrusive and fruity-sweet. I've been looking for fragrances that have little or no fruitiness. I have tried all possible scents, which were just me from earlier (from the "Patchouli times") in memory, again. I searched in Parfumo for the perfume directory and the different fragrances and compared them with Miranda's. I found the perfume directory and the different fragrances in Parfumo. I went to a local perfumery and was shown contemporary sweet scents.

I probably don't know enough about the different scents and/or didn't look for the right places. ALL tested scents could not be compared to Miranda for me. Most of the compared scents have too many fruity-sweet notes, which sometimes cause me headaches after a while.

I don't think Miranda smells like a vanilla pudding supply pack. But as every reader here in the forum has already noticed, the scents on the skin develop very differently and one is already astonished, which effect some scents achieve with other people. For example, I can't see any fresh and sparkling effect of Miranda on myself.

All in all, I like the Fragonard fragrances so much because they are made from mostly natural essences and the variety of the new (designer) fragrances on offer today always strikes me down. Of course, out of curiosity I keep making new attempts, but I find that such a complex fragrance experience as a visit to the turquoise perfumery completely overwhelms me. I prefer to limit myself to the traditional houses as well, and also to smaller family businesses like Fragonard or I Profumi di Firenze, which also work mainly with natural and original ingredients.

I will now be thrifty with my remaining rest of Miranda and always keep my eyes open for appropriate offers.

Today I also used it in the office ... and was promptly asked by my colleague about the good fragrance.

My Angel substitute
This is like Angel without that godawful patchouli hiding all the gourmand qualities. I expected for Innocent to smell like this before reading the notes and trying it. The sandalwood is a nice touch for the dry-down. The perfume overall is SO much more wearable; it is the more pleasant, cheerful friend of the loud-mouthed, more popular Angel.
7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Sugary little wonder
Miranda by Fragonard is such a girly fragrance. This is the scent of vanilla icecream, coconut flavoured lip gloss and a bouquet of flowers from an over-the-top romantic and doting significant other.

Funnily enough, as I was reviewing Miranda a random sugar ant ran over my tester strip but not without hesitating first to see if this perfume was indeed edible.

I do mention this fragrance as being rather sweet, however it is nothing nauseatingly so. Jasmine and rose feature quite prominently with a milky sweet coconut and vanilla texture.

Miranda actually smells like one of my favourite cakes to bake, Angel Vanilla Cake. The foody cake note is fortunately subtle and pretty on the skin.

Very rarely does a fragrance remind me of a certain colour, however Miranda makes me think of baby pink, that innocent, feminine and youthful colour. The drydown which consists of powdery and creamy vanilla and sandalwood possibly adds to its cutesy appeal.

Some people call this fragrance sexy. Personally, I'd most likely wear a scent like this on a shopping trip with the girls rather than during a night of passion with my lover. However each to their own.

The longevity and sillage of this little wonder is fabulous, well worth the money spent. Actually, to be honest Fragonard is one of the most affordable niche houses on the market today, so there's no reason to dismiss this fragrance or any other of the Fragonard's perfumes for that matter.

by MadameLegras
by MadameLegras
by Jasmine87
by Jasmine87

Popular Fragonard

Grain de Soleil by Fragonard Rêve Indien by Fragonard Diamant (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Belle de Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Fragonard / Fragonard de Fragonard (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Billet Doux (2006) by Fragonard Le Jardin de Fragonard - Héliotrope Gingembre by Fragonard Les Naturelles: Fleur de Vanille by Fragonard Soleil by Fragonard Belle de Soleil by Fragonard Étoile (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Violette (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Miranda by Fragonard Fleur d'Oranger (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Émilie (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Capucine by Fragonard Éclat (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Vétiver by Fragonard Le Jardin de Fragonard - Santal Cardamome by Fragonard Ile d'Amour (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard