Rose de Mai (1998)

Rose de Mai by Fragonard

Rose de Mai is a perfume by Fragonard for women and was released in 1998. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesRose absolute, Gardenia, Violet
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesBlackcurrant leaf

Submitted by Feylamia, last update on 15.06.2019

9.0/10

Fragrant Wipe
It all began when I made the mistake of slathering an unmarked sample of scented something or other cream on my hands this morning. Instantly, my hands reeked of the stinkiest geranium you've ever smelled. Eek! I reached for something -- anything -- to get rid of it and grabbed a packet I thought was simply a hand wipe, tore it open, and started removing the geranium yuck. Voila! A soft, beautiful rose scent wafted up to my nose. I picked up the packet and discovered what I'd just used -- Rose de Mai EdT from Fragonard. It's certainly one of the prettiest roses I've ever smelled. Balanced by ylang-ylang and lily of the valley, the rose note grows from a barely detectable base of black currant, turning this composition into a beautiful song. It's far less aggressive than my other rose love, Une Rose, but I have a feeling I'll be wearing this more often. Off to find a bottle to buy and adore.
7.0/10

Quarry
Sweet wild rose amidst much greenery
Unlike Eva009 (below), rose has not always been a favorite scent, and I find rosewater downright repulsive. Even fresh bourbon roses are unpleasant to my nose. Wild roses smell wonderful to me, and I think tea roses may have a similar scent—soft floral with sweet, freshly scraped carrot note. (Go smell freshly scraped carrots; the scent is gorgeous and dewey.) I need compensating notes to make rose palatable (i.e., the ambers in Guerlain’s With Love and Stella McCartney’s Rose Absolute). Rose de Mai turns around it rose note with green cassis (black currant leaves). A similar formula made Diptyque L’Ombre dans L’eau successful at a higher price point. Rose de Mai is mildly sweet and very natural smelling. Hard to believe anyone could dislike it, even rosewater haters like me.
5.0 2.5 8.0/10

Fragonard Rose de Mai - the best
Rose is always one of my favorite scents. And among all the different rose perfumes i tried, i think Fragonard's is the best. It is so pure, so natural... it is like you are smelling a rose in front of you. It is not a fresh young rose type, i meant it is not very sweet, not too girly, it has a hint of dry rose, very sophisticated, very beautiful!

Popular Fragonard

Grain de Soleil by Fragonard Rêve Indien by Fragonard Diamant (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Belle de Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Billet Doux (2006) by Fragonard Fragonard / Fragonard de Fragonard (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Le Jardin de Fragonard - Héliotrope Gingembre by Fragonard Les Naturelles: Fleur de Vanille by Fragonard Soleil by Fragonard Belle de Soleil by Fragonard Violette (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Miranda by Fragonard Étoile (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Fleur d'Oranger (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Émilie (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Capucine by Fragonard Éclat (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Le Jardin de Fragonard - Santal Cardamome by Fragonard Vétiver by Fragonard Ile d'Amour (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard