Oud Noir Intense 2013

Oud Noir Intense by Fragrance Du Bois
Top 86 in Unisex Perfume
Oud Noir Intense is a popular limited perfume by Fragrance Du Bois for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
VanillaVanilla
MuskMusk
AmberAmber
OudOud

Submitted by Pipette, last update on 12.09.2021.

Razvanyke
Is this the better Oud Wood ?
I liked Oud Wood from Tom Ford from the first moment I sprayed it in an airport up to this moment, however sometimes the medicinal Oud note was not really of my liking. Then, I decided to try the better version, the ONI with natural oud and fancy packaging.

It does not dissapoint for sure and the blue cheese smell is something I enjoy, if you do not like that smell then ONI will not be for you. What I like about FDPs perfumes is that they use natural, smooth oud oils which do not stink and exude higher quality compared to the cheaper barnyardy oud oils.

The longevity of FDP is decent with about 7-8 hours for me and the smell gets into a nice dry down, however the Oud Wood has a nicer cozier dry down than this.

If you would like to see more about this versus, please see the video below.

I know him
Up front, it's best to skillfully ignore the first 5 minutes after spraying it on. I understand how you can associate this with the smell of cheese. For me, the prelude has but rather what of sage. Granted not the fresh sage that grows in the garden. More like sage candy. Old, musty sage candies. Has one this yet something
getting used to overcome, one has very quickly an old acquaintance in front of him. Tom Ford's Oud Wood, but in noble garb. The similarity no one can deny, but this one is even more special.
A bit more wood, a bit more spice and not quite as soft as its supposed twin. Additionally, it still contains the typical Fragrance Du Bois DNA. I would describe it as herbaceous, green and spicy background notes . All in all, it's a lovely scent that just gets very skin deep very quickly. In my eyes it is only minimally superior to Oud Wood in terms of durability and sillage
Oud par excellence...
...definitely, that is how I call this masterpiece to which I also dedicate my first commentary.

But before I come to the fragrance itself & the description, I would like to talk briefly about the "fake news" that circulates about Fragrance de Bois on the Internet.
Indeed, it is claimed that when EdP changed to perfume, fragrances were reformulated, oud oil was no longer used & they had a much worse performance.

This is not true!

I can reassure you, because the color of the perfume, the durability & feel
(very oily spray film) are absolutely identical to the EdP version.
The only thing that has been changed is the labelling on the flacons & the packaging. So much for that.

Now to the scent: That here many cheese smell in the top note is really cheese there is nothing at all.
ONI begins with cardamom & medicated oud, which is very oily and continues until the end. In the middle course saffron and wood are added; drydown in amber-vanilla.
Everything harmonizes perfectly with each other & simply smells, unfortunately ... Wicked!

I find a comparison with Oud Wood rather difficult, because the differences are too big & the ONI is much more complex, more powerful ... well, almost gigantic.
Shelf life is easily 10h and because of the oily consistency you can even enjoy it after a shower ;).

The fragrance comes in a black velvet box. A certificate that the fragrance is made from pure natural oud oil with the oud's origin is also included, including an oud wood chip.
Here you can see that 110% of the people are committed to quality.

I am absolutely convinced of Fragrance de Bois & look forward to more fragrances.

Thameen?
Something strange happened when I tested this fragrance on my skin. I sprayed it on my right hand, I smelled it and then my brain thought: I know this, it's Thameen's Carved Oud. Then, I sprayed my Carved Oud on the left hand and both were very, very, very, very close. I don't know which one was the first, but are quite similar, being Carved Oud more refined than Oud Noir Intense .
Regarding the smell,both are magnificent, however, on my skin Thammen's Carved Oud longevity is the winner by far.
A new generation
Tom Ford's Oud Wood has a special value for me in my life. On the one hand it's because I really love DNA, on the other hand it's also because I found my way into the perfume world with OW.

Today, when I randomly took the little specimen out of my box, the name of the perfume alone made me curious. A quick glance at Parfumo told me directly that it had to be a similar scent to OW. And indeed, that's exactly what it was. The fragrance has very big paralsels to my beloved TF, but it starts a whole corner more aggressive and sparkling. Also the sillage and durability is in no relation to OW.

After a few minutes, a great picture appeared in my head. While thinking about the TF I thought for a short time about an older person. Still present, powerful, protective and with a great knowledge that he likes to share with the world. But also marked by his suffering, through which he needs a break from everyday life more often; he lacks energy a little.
On the other hand, there is a person of a young age, ready to take up the knowledge of the old person, but refresh it with something more modern, give it another direction forward, put more energy into action and show the world that he is here, that he is present.

Initio with Oud For Greatness also tried what this scent has done in my eyes (in my nose ;-) ), but I find this one even more powerful

So if you can get something out of TF OW, you should test the scent. I'm sure you'll like it.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
A rather spicy and pronounced powdery-floral Fall fragrance, balanced by a gentle and dry musky-woody base. Slightly animalic. 100% unisex!
SamuelGustavSamuelGustav 2 years ago
Fecal opening, then turns into a very similar Oud Wood by TF, maybe one of the best from this line. I still would get TF instead

by Fedaie
by Leppes97
by Sa80
by Sa80

Popular Fragrance Du Bois

Santal Complet by Fragrance Du Bois Oud Vert Intense by Fragrance Du Bois Sahraa / Sahraa Oud by Fragrance Du Bois Oud Orange Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Fragrance Du Bois Oud Bleu Intense by Fragrance Du Bois Oud Rouge Intense by Fragrance Du Bois Oud Rose Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Fragrance Du Bois Brume du Matin by Fragrance Du Bois Pétales de Cashmere by Fragrance Du Bois Parisian / Parisian Oud by Fragrance Du Bois Oud Violet Intense by Fragrance Du Bois New York Intense by Fragrance Du Bois New York 5th Avenue by Fragrance Du Bois Oud Jaune Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Fragrance Du Bois London Oud by Fragrance Du Bois Minuit et Demi by Fragrance Du Bois Amber Intense / Oud Amber Intense by Fragrance Du Bois Milano by Fragrance Du Bois Siberian Rose by Fragrance Du Bois Zest Marin by Fragrance Du Bois