Santal Complet 2016

Santal Complet by Fragrance Du Bois
Santal Complet is a popular perfume by Fragrance Du Bois for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is woody-sweet. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Coconut
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet, Black pepper
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Sandalwood, Amber, Vanilla

Submitted by Hermesh, last update on 05.06.2021.

Luxury body lotion
Flawless and absolutely high quality! I can not say much, I would still like to share my thoughts on the fragrance in the following:
Santal Complet begins with me with a coconut and a spicy note, already in the prelude you can smell the quality literally out. By no means a cheap oversweetened coconut, but very noble and actually the sandalwood can already be guessed. The coconut stays with me really only very briefly (which is great, because I'm not the biggest coconut fragrance fan). The first few minutes the scent therefore seems tropical, but pleasant and neither too flowery nor too sweet. I find it amazing how changeable this scent is. Every minute I smell something different. It gets creamier and creamier until the wonderful vanilla comes through in the base. At this point I would like to emphasize again: the scent is not very sweet, nor does it come across as too loud in any way. The sandalwood note is also not as dominant as I had suspected. Especially when the scent has settled, it becomes calmer without being boring. In the end, you smell like you've been creamed into a delicious body lotion, only a more luxurious lotion. Very subtle, well-groomed and absolutely pleasing. The scent itself may not be very unique, but the quality and classy touch this perfume gives you is without a doubt absolutely unique.
Could have ordered him blind!
I personally would wear it spring to late summer/fall. But actually he is to no season really assignable. I'm excited to see in hopefully soon in my collection! Can recommend everyone times a sample to order
Jungsmama
The crown for the queen!
What can I say? I'm speechless.
It was a blind purchase that was definitely worth it.
I'll start from the beginning.

Package arrived, unwrapped it and it blew me away.
The packaging, the design - the box ... the presentation... such high quality and classy!

-> Now to the fragrance...
The fragrance starts in the first few seconds tangy and slightly citrusy. But that fades quickly and the high-quality, gentle coconut joins the foreground. After about 30 minutes, the soft vanilla comes in. Sandalwood rounds off the whole and gives warmth.

-> The scents are found in many fragrances, but this one is different! You smell the quality and will never want a "designer fragrance" again.
Royal fragrance
Today finally arrived a sample of the perfume. I was already totally curious and excited how it would smell and whether I like it, because the opinion of this perfume is relatively ambivalent.
After the first sniff, I noticed that the coconut scent strongly dominated and after the second sniff, I noticed how interesting and expensive this scent smelled after all. After that I felt the coconut scent only slightly out and that mixed with a very good woody note. This fragrance really smells very good. It is certainly a matter of taste, but today everyone around me said that it is a very nice fragrance.

Ptsau
Overhyped and overpriced with designer performance!
I got a 2ml sample to try after Demi Rawling praised so high about it. I usually agree most of her NICHE choices (I don’t like designer fragrances). I have 5 out 10 of her choices but I cannot agree with her on the Fragrance Du Bois. I didn’t try them all, only tried a few but all of their performances don’t worth the money at all including this Santal Complet. Santal Complet is very nice scent honestly but not super unique. I had smelled something similar to this. The performance is kinda weak. Longevity about 5-6 hours and projection is weak but with its high price, doesn’t worth it. I will get it if it’s half the price. Many other brands that cost less have way better performances or more unique scents. For example: Initio, Parfum de Marly, Kilian, MFK, Roja Parfum Cologne line, Nishane, Tiziana Terenzi and many more. Don’t blind buy it unless you just want to own it no matter what. It’s not a bad fragrance but just doesn’t worth the price.
NicolaDiana
Does it smell like cleaner? (an unqualified comment)
Hold on to your hats: I personally like Santal Complet quite a bit. But: Both my sister and my husband have independently said that the fragrance smells like toilet cleaner (my husband) or like something you use to cover up bad smells (my sister).

Am I alone in this experience?
I still have a bit of the scent left, like it and so far just wear it when they are not around. However, it already gives me an uneasy feeling, if it goes two people from my environment directly so with it
My summer scent 2021
We're all currently, I think, trying to convince ourselves a bit that 2021 will be a better year than this. But who really knows? Corona will still play a big part in the first few months of the new year. Things won't go back to the way they were in the beginning with the snap of a finger. But soon this too will be over. We just have to be patient. But what does this have to do with Santal Complet now?

With something you have to motivate yourself or? If one already does not know whether one can linger next summer again without restriction on tropical islands in peace at the sea and enjoy a Piña Colada, I just get it home ;)
SC starts with a hint of lemon and then goes directly into a delicious coconut cream. Like a piña colada only without the pineapple juice. I could almost think I even smell some coconut liqueur. I can't detect black pepper, thank goodness (hate that!) The lemon dissipates after a few minutes and what's left is this beautiful creamy custard with a very natural coconut note. The scent doesn't really get woody on me. That's about it really. H&S are medium. But since it is rather a light fragrance, for me perfectly fine.

Santal Complet is not really special. But very nice. A spray, eyes closed and I'm in the Caribbean and sip my favorite cocktail ;)

Laurala
Pleasant inspiration in a bottle
I will write my first application after sniffing around Santal Complet for a few days.
That is not easy for me, with such an extraordinarily enchanting scent. Some things have to be experienced to be able to understand it - like the experience of smelling this fragrance.
For me Santal Complet is a carrier of comforting feelings. It is warm, exclusive and delicate, simply beautiful. In addition, the coconut brings a liveliness to it, something future-oriented.

When my mother smelled the perfume on me, she said He's like a muse.
I find this association very fitting. The scent is something very special. It inspires.

So far I only have one sample, but I will definitely get the bottle in the long run. I wouldn't want to do without such an extraordinarily beautiful fragrance :) absolutely recommendable.
Suspected signature!
I have decided to thoroughly examine each fragrance from my collection and write a comment on it - I will start today with Santal Complet.

This fragrance opens almost alcoholically pungent with lots of coconut and sandalwood. Fortunately this impression lasts only for a short time, because it quickly becomes creamy with a slight sweetness. This sweetness decreases in the course of time - but never completely - and I enjoy the creamy melange of coconut on aromatic wood, which is probably softened by musk, amber and vanilla.
Thanks to the wood, I never perceive the fragrance as a gourmand - and although I don't like coconut in fragrances, in this case I am completely blown away!

The fragrance presents itself warm, soft (but never boringly soft due to the wood) and by no means pompous. For me, it is wearable all year round and almost signature-suspicious - despite the tidy sillage.

Now I will try to go into more detail about the scent pyramid and the process.
The name "Santal Complet" is appropriate, as the sandalwood is clearly the dominant note here, which never becomes dry woody, but is given a sweetness and creaminess by the coconut and probably also amber and vanilla, which I find delicious (also likes the creamy sandalwood in Samsara Extrait).

However, I do not consciously perceive the lemon in the top note, nor the violet and pepper from the heart note, which does not mean that I could exclude them - my nose is not trained that way :)

At the beginning the fragrance shimmers especially, unlike the scents, which quickly merge into a harmonious blend. In my opinion, this is what causes the slight tension between wood and coconut - but not as strong as I feel it in Bal d'Afrique.

Soon, musk, amber and vanilla from the base come more into play and dampen the tension and also the sweetness of the fragrance.
As if I am lying on (sandal) wood warmed by the sun, while a freshly whipped coconut and possibly a small candy, which I cannot define more precisely, is served to me. Maybe the warmth simply has a sweet effect on me.

In dry down, the fragrance reaches the level of a harmonious blend of the individual components - not without a little coconut or wood shimmering out from time to time All in all, the fragrance is now warm and soft (coconut) milky-creamy with a slight sweetness and spiciness. Delicious without smelling edible and unbelievably noble.

I like to smell myself and find it quite pleasant to smell like that.

I would classify the fragrance more feminine, but I have not yet smelled it on a man
Conclusion:
If it starts almost pungent with a slight alcohol note, it becomes more and more creamy and harmonious in the course of time and gets something unbelievably noble!

I perceive the fragrance as a whole as warm, soft, sweetish and yet suitable for summer.

For me it covers the range from holiday feeling to Grand Soir.
In spite of its sweetness, "Santal Complet" remains wearable all year round and - appropriately dosed - at any time of day (except for sports).
Arrogant, powerful, rum magic
How should I start... the first ten minutes - I thought no, it smells like old rum. Not my taste at all. After the scent started to develop, I was just blown away. The scent smells just like the price and just expensive. It is arrogant, very powerful but still leaves a warm trail. What appeals to me about this scent is that it is powerful but still very suitable for the summer. Sandalwood is clearly noticeable. I don't think much of coconut, but with the combination of musk and so on it is simply fantastic. He is very daring. In my opinion it is also perfect for self-confident people.

Tropical
Notes: Lemon, Coconut, Violet, Black Pepper, Musk, Sandalwood, Amber and Vanilla

Santal Complet starts with a blast of Coconut and lemon, I am not a fan of the coconut note in fragrances but as the fragrance develops on skin the coconut note starts to loose it's power but very much detectable throughout the fragrance. Now the best part of this fragrance is when the creamy, milky and rich Sandalwood note comes alive combined with Amber and Vanilla but with the note of Coconut this fragrance will be incomplete. Overall a gorgeous tropical fragrance which will bring back those beach memories.

Ka3nKa3n 3 months ago
Creamy, soft and long-lasting velvety sandalwood and coconut scent. Beautifully done. Truly one of a kind thing going on. Love it.
SamuelGustavSamuelGustav 2 years ago
Nice sandalwood fragrance with a floral touch, one of the best I've smelled from the brand. One of the better priced, quality/price ratio

by LisaHoneyBee
by Boujiescent
by Amela
by Amela

Popular Fragrance Du Bois

Oud Noir Intense by Fragrance Du Bois Oud Vert Intense by Fragrance Du Bois Sahraa / Sahraa Oud by Fragrance Du Bois Pétales de Cashmere by Fragrance Du Bois Oud Violet Intense by Fragrance Du Bois Oud Rouge Intense by Fragrance Du Bois Oud Orange Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Fragrance Du Bois Oud Rose Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Fragrance Du Bois Brume du Matin by Fragrance Du Bois Parisian / Parisian Oud by Fragrance Du Bois Oud Bleu Intense by Fragrance Du Bois Amber Intense / Oud Amber Intense by Fragrance Du Bois New York 5th Avenue by Fragrance Du Bois New York Intense by Fragrance Du Bois Oud Jaune Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Fragrance Du Bois London Oud by Fragrance Du Bois Zest Marin by Fragrance Du Bois Baie Rose by Fragrance Du Bois Milano by Fragrance Du Bois Siberian Rose by Fragrance Du Bois