Santal Complet 2016

Santal Complet by Fragrance Du Bois
Santal Complet is a popular perfume by Fragrance Du Bois for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-woody. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Coconut
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet, Black pepper
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Sandalwood, Amber, Vanilla

Submitted by Hermesh, last update on 11.09.2020.

Suspected signature!
I have decided to thoroughly examine each fragrance from my collection and write a comment on it - I will start today with Santal Complet.

This fragrance opens almost alcoholically pungent with lots of coconut and sandalwood. Fortunately this impression lasts only for a short time, because it quickly becomes creamy with a slight sweetness. This sweetness decreases in the course of time - but never completely - and I enjoy the creamy melange of coconut on aromatic wood, which is probably softened by musk, amber and vanilla.
Thanks to the wood, I never perceive the fragrance as a gourmand - and although I don't like coconut in fragrances, in this case I am completely blown away!

The fragrance presents itself warm, soft (but never boringly soft due to the wood) and by no means pompous. For me, it is wearable all year round and almost signature-suspicious - despite the tidy sillage.

Now I will try to go into more detail about the scent pyramid and the process.
The name "Santal Complet" is appropriate, as the sandalwood is clearly the dominant note here, which never becomes dry woody, but is given a sweetness and creaminess by the coconut and probably also amber and vanilla, which I find delicious (also likes the creamy sandalwood in Samsara Extrait).

However, I do not consciously perceive the lemon in the top note, nor the violet and pepper from the heart note, which does not mean that I could exclude them - my nose is not trained that way :)

At the beginning the fragrance shimmers especially, unlike the scents, which quickly merge into a harmonious blend. In my opinion, this is what causes the slight tension between wood and coconut - but not as strong as I feel it in Bal d'Afrique.

Soon, musk, amber and vanilla from the base come more into play and dampen the tension and also the sweetness of the fragrance.
As if I am lying on (sandal) wood warmed by the sun, while a freshly whipped coconut and possibly a small candy, which I cannot define more precisely, is served to me. Maybe the warmth simply has a sweet effect on me.

In dry down, the fragrance reaches the level of a harmonious blend of the individual components - not without a little coconut or wood shimmering out from time to time All in all, the fragrance is now warm and soft (coconut) milky-creamy with a slight sweetness and spiciness. Delicious without smelling edible and unbelievably noble.

I like to smell myself and find it quite pleasant to smell like that.

I would classify the fragrance more feminine, but I have not yet smelled it on a man
Conclusion:
If it starts almost pungent with a slight alcohol note, it becomes more and more creamy and harmonious in the course of time and gets something unbelievably noble!

I perceive the fragrance as a whole as warm, soft, sweetish and yet suitable for summer.

For me it covers the range from holiday feeling to Grand Soir.
In spite of its sweetness, "Santal Complet" remains wearable all year round and - appropriately dosed - at any time of day (except for sports).
Arrogant, powerful, rum magic
How should I start... the first ten minutes - I thought no, it smells like old rum. Not my taste at all. After the scent started to develop, I was just blown away. The scent smells just like the price and just expensive. It is arrogant, very powerful but still leaves a warm trail. What appeals to me about this scent is that it is powerful but still very suitable for the summer. Sandalwood is clearly noticeable. I don't think much of coconut, but with the combination of musk and so on it is simply fantastic. He is very daring. In my opinion it is also perfect for self-confident people.

Tropical
Notes: Lemon, Coconut, Violet, Black Pepper, Musk, Sandalwood, Amber and Vanilla

Santal Complet starts with a blast of Coconut and lemon, I am not a fan of the coconut note in fragrances but as the fragrance develops on skin the coconut note starts to loose it's power but very much detectable throughout the fragrance. Now the best part of this fragrance is when the creamy, milky and rich Sandalwood note comes alive combined with Amber and Vanilla but with the note of Coconut this fragrance will be incomplete. Overall a gorgeous tropical fragrance which will bring back those beach memories.
Insa
Sandalwood and the fragrance is complete.
As the title suggests, this fragrance contains sandalwood.
Although I don't really like sandalwood, I had to give him a chance Besides, this is now my first fragrance from Fragrance du Bois.

Would divide the scent like this:
80% sandalwood
10% coconut shell
10%Musk

Amber and vanilla are too short for my taste. But you can recognize both of them.
Even pepper can be sniffed.
But I don't smell lemon at all.
The scent is woody-sweet and quite heavy.
Therefore not suitable for everyday life, but rather for the evening.
And rather in autumn/winter than in spring/summer.
To me the fragrance is like a mature wine, very powerful in taste and probably something for more mature ladies/men.

Reminds me strongly of a certain fragrance, which also contains a lot of sandalwood, but whose name just doesn't occur to me.
If I think of it I will add it here:_______

Sillage and shelf life are very good.

Now finally a small picture, because this often helps (although the scent is unisex, here related to a woman)
So what does the woman who wears Santal Complet look like?
She is wearing an expensive dress, possibly in "vintage style" (50s) made of velvet.
She wears gold ball earrings.
A black handbag She wears red lipstick and approaches her fellow men with self-confidence and may give them a nasty twinge. She overlooks this.
She knows what she can do and has a lot of life experience. She lives it up, goes to the opera, to the theatre with her husband or alone.
She is also talented as an author and lets the reader participate in her sensitive nature, which is often overlooked because of her self-confident appearance.

But before I go too far I would like to give you a short personal conclusion:
I can't identify with the scent, which may be due to my aversion to sandalwood, but I appreciate the scent anyway, if only for the fact that I get a clear picture and that it is also qualitatively satisfying.
Lovers of sandalwood will therefore certainly like it ;)

SamuelGustavSamuelGustav 15 months ago
Nice sandalwood fragrance with a floral touch, one of the best I've smelled from the brand. One of the better priced, quality/price ratio

Popular Fragrance Du Bois

Privé Collection - Oud Noir Intense by Fragrance Du Bois Pétales de Cashmere by Fragrance Du Bois Oud Vert Intense by Fragrance Du Bois Oud Rouge Intense by Fragrance Du Bois Oud Orange Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Fragrance Du Bois Privé Collection - Sahraa Oud by Fragrance Du Bois Oud Rose Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Fragrance Du Bois Oud Violet Intense by Fragrance Du Bois Amber Intense / Oud Amber Intense by Fragrance Du Bois Privé Collection - Parisian Oud by Fragrance Du Bois Brume du Matin by Fragrance Du Bois Oud Bleu Intense by Fragrance Du Bois Patchouli Argent by Fragrance Du Bois Oud Jaune Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Fragrance Du Bois Privé Collection - London Oud by Fragrance Du Bois Zest Marin by Fragrance Du Bois Cannabis Intense by Fragrance Du Bois New York 5th Avenue by Fragrance Du Bois Siberian Rose by Fragrance Du Bois Baie Rose by Fragrance Du Bois