Office for Men (2019)

Office for Men by Fragrance One

Office for Men is a new perfume by Fragrance One for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-citrusy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.
Scent goes well with Out of Order

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Ambrox, Iris
Heart Notes Heart NotesPink pepper, Cachalox, Paradisone®
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Patchouli, Woody notes

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 10.04.2020.

Parallel to Aventus
I'm new and so I'm lacking the profound expression, but I find that this fragrance resembles Creed aventus in the "smokiness" (if that's what it's called). Therefore a dominating scent in terms of sillage and durability. I applied three splashes, and after about 9 hours in the car I got a compliment as the entry.
Yes, it is expensive listed, but often comes to your home for 50%. And then every time a nice, slightly louder office scent

The known unknown
Thanks to the Supaturk sharing, I have now also received a bottling. Admittedly, the expectations were not excessively high, based on the evaluation in the forum. Nevertheless, I was extremely excited.

My first reaction after the spraying was disillusionment. Incited by Jeremy's excessive advertising, I somehow expected more. The smell is somehow fresh and spicy. Not a "wow" experience like Reflection or Layton, but not bad either. I would place the scent in the good area. The overall impression of the fragrance awakens something familiar in me, but I can't assign it. Overall a good fragrance with two serious "weaknesses".

1. The price is simply too high. Personally, I think that's marketing to put the fragrance in a league with PDM, Creed or Amouage. True to the motto: "Even bad publicity is publicity" - but I think the price/performance ratio is simply bad.

2. The Sillage. The fragrance is called "Office", which somehow suggests a certain seriousness. However, the fragrance is absolutely unsuitable for the office (at least in conservative fields of activity). In areas where it is ok to scent the whole conference room, it is certainly portable
But I still like the scent somehow, if I should get somewhere cheaply to a bottling I will strike again. But I will use it rather in a private context.

Crowd pleaser
well, first of all, I have to say, I'm one of the kickstarters. I have the first bottle, yes without cap but that doesn't bother me I want to keep all my fragrances in the OVP in general. And you also have something in your hand and if a burglar should come you can defend yourself with it. And the identification is even better because the scent does not get rid of it so quickly.
Whether the price at that time was justified I leave it at that, I know many other "renowned" fragrances that are even more expensive and perform worse and are not special.

No matter what Jeremy says, for my feelings the batches are different, not basic like black and white but still noticeable Batch 1 is louder, rougher, not as round and smooth as the 3rd for me.
By the way, at the time of the first test, associations with AdG came up in me. Aventus and Sauvage, on the other hand, not at all.
The durability of the first one is above average with at least 12 hours with me. and also remains independent the whole time and I really like it after 3-4 hours.

also with this one I have done blind tests (Office/Sauvage/Bleu) with various colleagues and the unanimous opinion much on this one. And none of them knew him or Jeremy
Because of this I have meanwhile reordered the 3rd batch for one of my colleagues, for 69€ nothing is wrong with that.
And also he got a lot of compliments for it, as he mentioned now by the way.

For enthusiasts certainly a boring, not sophisticated and complex enough, but still a mass-compatible mainstream crowd pleaser.

Dear Jeremy
I don't know what to think of him
If I didn't know my way around perfumes, I'd certainly be thrilled. But that's exactly why he disappoints me. I have ignored many comments here for example that it should smell like Aventus or Sauvage. And unfortunately I have to agree with that now. Although I'm leaning more towards Sauvage.

Now the smell:

Opening reminds me extremely of Bvulgari Aqua Amara because of the strong citrus and bergamot.
The first five minutes, he's to much. This partly stings already in the nose.
After 5 minutes the scent calms down ( and I mean this literally, as aggressive as it starts )

As it progresses towards the heart and base, it gets better and better and the fragrance develops into a smoother or rounded sauvage.

There is actually nothing more to say about the fragrance itself. In short, I think it is definitely not a bad buy. It is easy to wear, picks up the compliments and also lasts very long (+12 hours on Valentine's Day). He's therefore a good all-rounder
But :

For the price of about 159€ there are certainly cheaper alternatives such as Coach for men. It was good to try out, I think I will be happy with it too because it definitely does its job. But so do other brands with the same DNA.

Therefore:

I advise buying when you're a complete novice. It is perfect for beginners who want a solid fragrance for all situations.

This also applies to perfume junkies, but you should not expect a unique fragrance here. But even if you have no problem with it you will have a lot of fun with this fragrance.

I like him
Very much so. So now not the Jeremy, whereby he has honestly attached me with perfumes and I look at his videos from time to time, but this very masculine smelling fragrance.
However, it is controversial. I have not received a single positive response so far. On the contrary. When I wear it in the office, which it is apparently intended for, the fragrance fills the room, even with only 2 small sprayers. What I like in principle, but my room mate does not like (I smell like a "Finnish sauna after an infusion").
The most blatant reaction I got yesterday when a colleague came into the office and said "Boa here smells terribly of alcohol".
Like I said, a very controversial scent. However, I am and will remain a big fan of it, even if it is perhaps too extreme for an office or I will work on the dosage

Butter to the fish...
So friends,
I am absolutely not a designer fan, respectively I like to wear niche and the designers I own, respectively own, never really knock/skin me off my stool... Do they all smell more or less the same, or are not worth the price in the P/L part, also concerning the performance, or are inferior to niche fragrances (I am talking about fragrances that are at 1-2 Euro per ml). But sometimes you just want something that is not so extraordinary. Sometimes you just want to smell good- period! Taste is always subjective and especially with scents this is a good thing! But people, Bleu de Chanel, Dior Sauvage, Di Gio Profumo, all the complete mainstream parts, some of them have 1.0-1.5 more rating than this one? Seriously? We don't have to talk about the price we charge, it's too expensive. But that's just his marketing, with all the discounts... If you don't like it, you won't buy this here, or only with discounts that are ALWAYS available. I really don't understand that, I'm not a fan of his videos now, nor of the aggressive marketing strategy he pursues on YouTube and such. But anyone who gives a rating below 7 for what they are supposed to be, namely an office fragrance that is supposed to be fresh, keep well and evoke good reactions, is possibly or very, very sure to have some envy and resentment in their rating. This platform is designed to guide new perfumes in a certain direction and to evaluate the fragrance. What's happening here is just slander. I'm going to give a tip to anyone who is interested in the fragrance, who likes the mainstream, ala Dior Sauvage, Di Gio Profumo, to test this one FOR EVERYTHING! My goodness how sometimes this envious society makes me angry, where it seems to be more fulfilling for other people not to allow other people their success instead of taking care of it themselves to achieve something...
All right, enough of the rage. I'll just say this much, if the packaging were to say Dior, Chanel, Armani, the thing would go off properly and be praised to the skies. Enough of subjectivity and socio-critical touch.

Now to the objective part of this commentary (because we want to give people an objective opinion so that they get an objective impression of this scent (and only of the scent), as it should be on the platform here, right? NOT TRUE?) :
The fragrance is mMn. a mixture of Aventus, Dior Sauvage and Dylan Blue and I really don't mean that in a negative way. I would describe it as tart, fresh and fruity. Sure, it's synthetic, but that must have been clear from the start! And now we come to the main point of this commentary. I like to wear Reflection Man in the office or low dose Pegasus, or FF by Tom Ford. It's all going "clean." For me it is simply the most beautiful to wear in the office. But if you, as dear readers, go for fresh scents: there is no better office scent than this one. Point OFF! The Sillage is absolutely perfect, you don't fool anyone into thinking your office is a Douglas store. But you smell very good all day long and this is also noticeable for others. Durability and Sillage absolute 10/10 and not because the stuff sticks to you for 20 hours and you smell from one side of the Elbe to the other. But because it is simply perfect for what it should be, an office fragrance. I've been told many times that I smell good since I've had this thing for the second week. This will also be the impression that most people who smell you and may not be niche snobs, let alone know what a niche perfume is at all. I paid 60 euros for this thing at a discount and it is more than worth it.
Like I said, it's synthetic. And it's not a "niche" either. But you also have to evaluate the fragrances in context, in other words, in what they are supposed to do. I'm not wearing Enigma EDP on my little cousin's birthday, who just turned 10 and is going to a soccer center with his friends at the height of summer. And then I think to myself after two hours: "Boar, full of shitty perfume", because I choke on it.

Guys, do you like fresh scents? Do you want to smell good to outsiders? Do you want a perfume that smells good all day long, that doesn't suffocate anyone, but still attracts attention? Is it okay for you to not smell "special"? Don't you care if that stuff smells synthetic? Good! Then 80% ignore what is on this page and get a sample or directly the scent. Because, if what I just enumerated applies to you, you'll like it!

Have a nice week! Dave :)

Tacmaxx
This fragrance is multifaceted, polarizing like the cybertruck.
As mentioned in my statement I received Office for Men and Date for Men yesterday.
Order:
I must mention in advance that I ordered the fragrances by mistake .
I had looked at the discount on the website and looked at the payment options.
It said that you could also pay with Am--n Pay. I entered the data and there it said check order and send. I thought a summary would appear again, but then the order was already through.
All the hype and controversial discussions, the many youtube videos, tests etc. made me curious. I was on my way to work and the DHL messenger rang at the front door.
I could have refused to accept it and it would have been returned free of charge. This was communicated to me by the service I had written to after the accidental order.

The risk: I know the youtube channel "Jeremy fragrance" for about 1 year. Based on his recommendations I bought Dior Sauvages EDT/ Bleu de Chanel EDT/ YSL La nuite De L Homme EDP / prada l'homme Intense and since Alberto Morillias is not an unknown perfumer I decided to accept the package.

The fragrance and the emotions :
I took the scent with me to work and, with a colleague who is also crazy about scents, I retreated to a conference room and applied the scents. The scent is very citric, fruity. Bergamot shoots you in the nose.
Fragrances create emotions and awaken memories I am thinking of Dior Sauvages without the intentionally drowned pungent pepper, the Ambrox is also immediately present.
Unfortunately, it also contains synthetic aftersmell. This probably ensures that the smell lasts for a long time.
After 2 hours the fragrance becomes less citric and goes over into the slightly woody I imagine a green branch in front of me which slowly dries up and turns brown.

Sillage : Yesterday I had sprayed the scent on the back of my hand in the conference room and went back to our open-plan office. A colleague who came to work about 90 minutes later asked in my absence who had already been so dieselled up again and I had sprayed only half a spray on each hand Office and Date for Men.
Another colleague who later hung a calendar on a column behind me said "It smells like a Douglas store here with you". I don't know if it was at the office or on Date for Men long, but I think Date for Men was it because it is much more focused. I had an oil slick in my palm on Date for Men. Not with Office for Men.

Shelf life:
I have been wearing the scent for over 6 hours now it is still very present, I keep getting clouds of scent in my nose the scent has changed. I sprayed it on fabric and skin a total of 5 sprays of which 2 on the skin. Whenever this cloud of fragrance rises into my nose I think of Atelier Cologne Musc Impérial. You know how they say that Office for Men has something of Creed Aventus? I think it has something of Musk Imperial which is said to be a fragrance twin of Creed Aventus. All three have bergamot in the top note and musk in the base note. Office for Men also has patchouli and ambergris or ambrox in common so the circle is complete
To the last point of the bottle :
The bottle looks very simple but still elegant, I just let that pass.
But for fragrances that cost 160€ and 219€ each, (I paid a total of 219€ for both) you can be more creative
The spray head looks unfortunately very cheap but it fulfils its purpose, because it creates a perfect fragrance cloud from the liquid when spraying.
You can compare it to the fragrance cloud of Dior Sauvages bottle, it is a similar perfect little cloud.

The lid, I'm speechless. It doesn't work One should not charge 160/220/ € Euro and then use such an inferior lid minimalism or not.
I wouldn't put a cap like that on $15 worth of perfume. The lid consists only of a thin plate. I'm afraid I'll crush the cap every time I pull it off the bottle.
Jeremy definitely needs to do some touch-ups.
He has mentioned in a video that the lid will be black soon, I hope it's not the only thing he wants to change on the lid.

Conclusion:
1. I love it when I only have to apply a fragrance once a day.
2. I think the scents are already different from all the other scents they are compared to, but they are not unique, because you can always see similarities to other scents.
3. The price is definitely too high I find Office for Men is between 70-100€ and there are enough fragrances of equal quality that are sometimes offered for less than 80€.
I am satisfied with the fragrances ,if I had spent 160 € -180€ for both fragrances instead of 220€ I would be completely satisfied.

"Trainee for men"
"Office for men smells authoritarian and CEO-like"...
Was he right? Well...

This is how the excited intern smells when he sees the face of his angry boss as he drops his portfolios and books in fright. I have a completely different idea about a Boss/CEO. Acqua di Gio Profumo would be more suitable. Office for men smells too friendly, too playful.

For me it smells like a fresher, greener Cool Water Intense without too much sweet. In my opinion it is not a bad fragrance either, but after all the announcements and the peculiar marketing, where he gave hardly any information about the fragrance and answered questions with a simple POWER, STRENGTH or MAXIMUM (variations were possible) and demanded such confidence from his supporters, I can already understand the disappointed reactions. You can be proud of your creation no question, but then let's decide if it is "the best perfume in the world".

As already mentioned by the previous speaker, I still think it's really wrong if you make the scent so ridiculous (see Duftzwillinge). He doesn't deserve that.

Now we come to the most controversial point -> the price.
The price is a cheek, to say the least.
160 € for 100ml he is simply not worth to me. He probably recognized that himself and has been doing a "buy one, get one for free" campaign for some time I took this chance and shared the costs with a friend. 80 € I find totally okay, because the projection and durability is remarkable for a fresh fragrance.

All in all an average fragrance with very good durability and performance. Marketing broke his neck. I'm looking forward to Date for men

Warilol
Controversial, but quite successful.
I don't really want to go into the person behind the fragrance here and don't want to judge it, because in the end it's all about the perfume.

Fragrance and parallel to other fragrances:
What can you compare the scent to? Well, as my predecessors have said, it somehow feels like a mixture of Aventus, Sauvage and Prada L'homme, without having any direct similarities to the fragrances mentioned. The opening is fruity fresh, but is immediately accompanied by an iris note that I can feel. I don't want to explicitly recognize bergamot here, it primarily feels "fruity" to me.

After a while the sweetish note disappears and there remains a mixture of ambrox and iris, which for me runs through to the end. At no time can I noticeably identify a distinctive musk or wood note in the course of the fragrance.

Conclusion and criticism:
For me as a lover of fresh fruity fragrances à la Aventus, Office for Men is a great success. It is fun, performant and easy to wear. An office fragrance? Yes, it is, but especially in the first hour it is very hard on the kettledrum and could get on the nerves of many a colleague, which is why it is absolutely suitable for me as a normal everyday fragrance. I myself even wore it to a bar in the evening. When it comes to compliments, he knows how to please pretty much every woman, because he is definitely aimed at the mainstream, niche character I don't really recognize here, which is for me personally but a plus point. I might have wished for a little more risk and a more masculine undertone in the form of a distinctive musk or wood note, but I think Jeremy wanted to include the well-known iris note from Prada L'homme, as it is propagated as office fragrance number 1 in the community
What do I have to actively criticize? Well, my criticism I address here consciously to you, dear Community.
Is the fragrance worth 170 €? I personally don't think so, but the other way round, you spend 230 €, including me, on a creed scent that smells like a 50 € ham from Thierry Mugler. And yet Original Vetiver is rated positively by the bank away because it comes from Creed. I think you know where I'm going with this: Many of you include their antipathy towards Jeremy in their criticism of this fragrance. That's not fair, especially if you look at how bad this perfume is received here and in communities in general. Nobody forces you to buy the fragrance for this price, nor to like the person behind it. But soberly, it's a beautiful fragrance that most people out there like. I bought it on Ebay for 85 € OVP and don't regret it.

Office for Sau/Ven/Tus
Sow = Sauvage
Ven = Aventus
Tus = Invictus

To put it in a nutshell, everyone who hasn't tried Office for Men yet: Sauvage and Aventus got married, Aventus became pregnant with Sauvage and the child was born with the name "Office for Men".
And now Office for Men, with the daughter of Paco Rabanne, goes out with Invictus.
His girlfriend Invictus is very pleased that Office smells so much like her, but she is jealous of its durability because she does not own it.

SmellGoodGuy 124 days ago
Come on... smh
JoaoMartins 9 months ago
You don't even get a cap on that 1$ made in China bottle. Made for donkeys and Acqua di Gio lovers
Golcher 11 months ago
this is a fragrances we've smelled 1000 times but it's nice, it's enjoyable, long lasting and actually real good. Oh and very overpriced
Carlitos01 11 months ago
We face a [citrusy fresh]-[woody fresh] perfume.It follows known paths of existing well established fragrances to ensure general acceptance.

by GewoonBB