Black Tie for Men 2020

Black Tie for Men by Fragrance One
Black Tie for Men is a new and limited perfume by Fragrance One for men and was released in 2020. The scent is synthetic-leathery. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesBrazilian mandarin orange, Italian lemon, American orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesParaguayan gaiac wood
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Patchouli, Cardamom

Submitted by Sniffer, last update on 15.01.2021.

AB2202
Memories from childhood and why you shouldn't write off every poorly rated scent.
First of all, I must say that I can not understand the massive negative reviews. From my point of view, the fragrance is a grenade.
Both durability and sillage leave nothing to be desired, as well as the fragrance itself unfolds beautifully on my skin.

One may of his outbursts on the YouTube channels what you want to hold, a fan of the character "Jeremy Fragrance" I'm definitely not either!

As we all know, the human brain often associates scents with memories from times gone by. When I sniff the back of my hand, it takes me back to childhood days in which I was often times on the weekend to visit my uncle. As soon as you entered the house, a fruity-tart scent would hit you - when my uncle hugged me, his leathery-spicy perfume on my clothes would join in. EXACTLY that situation and scent association comes to mind when I smell the Black Tie.

I gave Date & Office both a chance back then, too, but they were way too generic and replaceable for me.
The price, however, I find too high with all his fragrances, even if this one I like decidedly well.
Since here is often referred to a Plein fragrance, which goes in a similar direction, I will try this soon times. :)

More detailed fragrance description:

Opening:

Fruity-tart citrus platter that can definitely spread good vibes.

after about 30 minutes:
The fruit seems more restrained, here comes up ready a leather note, which has quite for many something unpleasantly strict in itself - for me, this moment is also not the most beautiful in the course.

After about 2 hours:
The leather smells very soft and a sweetish woody note joins in.
In conclusion, it only remains for me to say:
Not every poorly rated fragrance is automatically not for you - Try through, the fragrance world is big enough for all of us and everyone feels and associates a fragrance in a different way! ;)
20€ Oglum
Too bad that very many in the comments let out their envy of Jeremy Fragrance, but that's nothing new, Phillip Plein, Ed Hardy and Co. it goes the same way, people who polarize have no chance, I find each of the guys CRASS, because they stand out and bring power to the world, but to each his own.

Now to the fragrance: I ordered a filling, after I received it and I sniffed the spray head, the fragrance was thrown into the corner because he unfortunately penetrating smelled of leather.
Today I picked myself up, nausea accepted and dared to apply it to my skin, since I'm still traumatized by Amouage Interlude for me also penetrating smells and is unwearable, it was a hard step for me. Not that the scents have anything in common, but they go in the same heavy, penetrating direction for me. I prefer it light, citrusy and fresh.

Well then, after spraying it on I was very pleasantly surprised by delicious, fresh, sweet, extremely strong notes, it had to be the tangerines, oranges and lemons given in the top notes, very tasty. Synthetic bomb but delicious. After a few minutes leather joins in, the sweetness remains full on. So far it's a strong fragrance absolutely not worth its price, it's a synthetic bomb worth 40€ in my view if it was in a nicer bottle and had Paco Rabanne written on it. Jeremy knows that too, but people seem to buy it anyway, so yes he's doing everything right.

I think it's a big problem that many people rate subjectively, by the new price - performance feature, the rating of the fragrances may no longer suffer so. This fragrance I give 3 stars, as I said, I rate only the scent. Price performance 0,5 stars. The rest of the evaluation you see yes clearly top right, at this point a big thank you for this great forum, just top!

Unfortunately, this comment is quite critical and negative, that's usually not my kind, Jeremy I think great, I write here just my spontaneous feeling on.

Well, as I write these lines I am diligently smelling the place where I applied the perfume, it has not changed further in the last half hour. Synthetic sweetness with faux leather, still I like it, I like smelling it.
Still, as always, I'm going to rate the scent objectively. I'll send this line off like this and get back to you for the DD.

This is my third commentary and it's absolutely spontaneous, I hope it's reasonably readable and entertaining. The title is a reference to a good friend of mine who would respond to this fragrance in those exact words if I showed it to him and told him the price. Some will understand the title, some won't :-DDD

Thank you so much for your time!
T
Jeremy's Fragrances Part 1/3
Black Tie for Men starts off for me with a mixture of ripe fruit and a somewhat dusty, dry note (similar to burnt coffee powder) that leaves a strange taste on my palate. Black XS and Guilty Absolute pour Homme come to mind. I'm also sure that Mr. Morillas "borrowed" a fragrance building block from the latter. It is, after all, one of his creations.
In the drydown, the fragrance is then actually quite round and smooth. Compared to Date and Office less youthful and leaning towards the mainstream. Durability, as expected, really good.
Does the name "Black Tie for Men" now fit the fragrance? Yep... he smells already elegant and adult, but the claim "The Perfect Scents for Specific Situations" does not hit it in the case rather.
The price? Outrageous - there are from renowned brands better fragrances for half.

Date for Men Intense
Based on Jeremy's description and the notes this sounded too similar to Date for men, I mean, citrus fruity opening, cardamom, patchouli, "sexual" vetiver (as Jeremy calls it) and Guaiac Wood or Oud... No wonder he says it's easy to layer with Date and yes, I just tried it and they are very similar but there's actual Oud in this one (I never found any in Date) so it's darker and more intense but the rest feels like a Deja-Vu.
I really enjoy the mid and the base however, the sweet synthetic fruity opening is too distracting, you can't enjoy the woody, spicy scent. It feels like an opening for another fragrance (a cheaper one for that matter) mashed into a more expensive and mature one just to make it suitable for young and older people. It's still good, I think I'll enjoy wearing it but it's not nearly as good as it could've been.

Is it worth the price tag? Well, I was saving a 50% coupon I have for Fragrance.One for Black Tie's release but little did I know the price was going to be astronomical. Even with 50% off it's more expensive than some Niche and more established brands so no, no full bottle for me, not even at half off. I mean, I've seen Jeremy on videos explaining how low cost it is to produce a fragrance, stating the juice costs only a couple of bucks and considering he doesn't spend in packaging or bottle design it's beyond me how he can charge almost $400 for a bottle and why people pay for that (unless they are made of money). So no, it's NOT worth the asking price.

I don't dislike Jeremy, I don't approve of his buffoonery and some of his business decisions make no sense to me (when you charge that much but do a BOGO you're alienating a huge chunk of your audience) but I really like Office, Date is OK and I haven't tried Unisex yet. Day and Night were disappointing and Black Tie is good enough to get a 10ml.
BL21
I wish I could hate him.
...but this burnt wood pickled in lemon just leaves an incredibly cool trail of scent in the room. Sillage so top, durability as you know the scents of Jeremy, probably bombastic ... I only ordered 2ml as a bottling, but I am really considering ordering 100ml together with a like-minded person at one of his 2 to 1 offers. Unfortunately the smell has something.

In the drydown, however, the scent changes a bit for the worse as I find it becomes more fruity and the good wood doesn't get through anymore.
SchnüFFleRR
Stay away from cheese!!!!!
(At the very end of my commentary you will find a short summary)

Guided tour:

This is one of Jeremy Fragrance's more recent YouTube video titles that is as confusing as the similarity of the name and the fragrance character of "black tie". The title of the video should rather read: "stay away from black tie events when you wear black tie".

How dear "Jeremy", or rather Daniel Stütz, as his real name is called on my fragrance journey, shaped me, I have written down in detail in a longer commentary at Office for man. (Gladly read in) Wink Smiley

With ever new provocative and confusing videos the self-proclaimed scent guru keeps making Youtube insecure. In the beginning I thought that this was surely just to generate more attention, but in the meantime I'm not so sure if this is really what it's all about or if he's really going through a "difficult time" and discrediting himself publicly. He would like to have authentic reviews of unique delicacies and not just some unfounded nutritional tips, where every halfway educated person is clasping their hands over their head. But the times in which one has received this content are long gone
Description of "Black tie":

Now to the fragrance I would have preferred to stay away from at my first impression. (allusion to the cheese video)
The fragrance was strongly promoted by Jeremy as his fragrances before. Still, I hoped for no greater disappointment this time. After the catastrophic release of "Date for man", which was an absolute sweet synthetic bomb and therefore disappointed me, he didn't do much better with "unisex for everyone".

But the topic "black tie" seemed to be quite interesting to me and so I wanted to at least give the sample a fairer chance.

I would have loved to burst into tears at the first spraying, because at the beginning at least on my skin the scent absolutely smelled like Date for man. What a disappointment. So I sprayed the scent on my arm several times and let it work.
The opening is a strong synthetic fruit mix, which I didn't even like on "Date for man" or with fragrances like "Kirke" or "Erba Pura".

Fortunately, the fruit components were soon pushed into the background. Apparently the Paraguayan guaiac wood is responsible for this, which is now increasingly becoming a skin tax. I myself rather wear less woody scents, so this scent was at least something special for me or at least something new in its form. In combination with the sweetness the scent definitely has something unique and creates something to provide a scent experience at least in small parts.

If I were to describe it as simply as possible, I would say you've brewed 1/4 "unisex for everyone" 1/4 "date for man" and 2/4 wooden components into a relatively coherent mix. I could well imagine that lovers of "Creeds Royal Oud" who also like "Date for man" could definitely like the fragrance.

Jeremy's Youtube colleague, Tuyau, has described it quite fittingly in his review of the fragrance. (Feel free to check Youtube, the video is a very successful recession of the fragrance)
What he meant here was that the fragrance is not bad, but for the synthetic and also for the uninspired beginning it can't compete with absolute top niche fragrances. I can definitely agree with this opinion.
Summary:

So what is the end result? The fragrance leaves me a little bit perplexed, because it's not bad but never gives the "vibe" of a 330 Euro perfume, neither of the presentation nor of the fragrance itself. I would recommend everyone to test the fragrance extensively before buying and then to think three times whether this investment is in proportion to the performance. Besides, the name of the fragrance is absolutely inappropriate, as I would prefer dozens of fragrances for a noble "black tie event". (But maybe this point is also a bit subjective)
Nevertheless, I would like to make a few positive points. All fragrances from fragrance one have an above-average durability and silage, including the "black tie", which can be perceived on the skin for a good 5-7 hours in my environment and lasts even longer on clothes. Another point would be the beautiful wood accord in heart and base note, which I have never smelled before and which I find very pleasant. The scent also gets better and better little by little, as the unpleasant synthetic almost completely dissipates and a pleasant masculine, sweet-woody note remains. As far as I have researched, the fragrance is "made in Germany", which is perhaps uninteresting for many, but which I would like to emphasize positively.

Men in their early twenties who like to go out and polarize with their fragrance will certainly enjoy the scent. Basically, the fragrance is well received by men and women, which I would not have necessarily thought. In conclusion, I think the fragrance is the most solid release, besides "office for man", that Jeremy has brought to the market so far, but I'll leave the price out of it.
Thanks for your attention and remember:
"stay away from cheese or people who wear black tie at black tie events. ;-)"
Short summary:

"Black tie is" a sweet (synthetic) woody scent for a younger audience. The fragrance is well suited for going out or for a date. (Not necessarily for a black tie event)

Positive:

-Shelf life/silage
-made in germany
-partly very unique fragrance character

Negative:

-Top note very synthetic
-Peis is an insolence
-EXTREME misleading name
Unnecessary Dupe of Pleins No Limit$
Really 1to1 from the ridiculous scent of the black Amex. Oh, man, how disappointing is that I will not buy any more fragrances from Jeremy, I feel more than teased, especially after his appearance at YT to the fragrance.
If he had rather said that it was just a 1to1 dupe from the plein, then my comment here would be unnecessary and I would have saved money. Unfortunately :(
Shoe factory from the 19th century
I've been toying with the idea of giving a fragrance from Jeremy a chance, but I'll be honest with you - his prices scare me off! I don't mind expensive niche fragrances, some of them certainly justified their price, but over 300 Euros is a bit of pride - Fragrance One is certainly not at the top of the list if I would buy a fragrance for that money.

Be that as it may, the scent on paper is not at all bad to read. But now that the scent has been etched into my wrist for almost half the day, I'll take the liberty of making a first judgement. Can a shoe factory for leather shoes smell good? Everyone can judge that for themselves. Durability and sillage are adventurously strong, but otherwise "Black Tie" reminds me of something old, leathery, a bit musty. Scenes from the 19th century in London take place in my head after I enter a shoe factory in summer with my top hat and the craftsman is just peeling his mandarin orange for lunch.

Is he being formal? No. Pushy loud? Possibly. Unique? Certainly not. Meeting a person with a suit and that scent reminds me more of old clothes collection than Hugo Boss designer. Too much wood in the heart and too much patchouli in the base for me, which overshadows the citrus freshness of the top note too much. Overall too unbalanced. Then don't use Jeremy fragrance.
DanielBuettn
Am I being punked right now?
Right up front: I'm disappointed...

Yesterday the bottles of "Black Tie" finally arrived. I have never been so excited about a fragrance. Why am I so excited? The brand and its owner (FRAGRANCE.ONE & Jeremy Fragrance) simply polarize. You post a message in the forum and not only do you get positive feedback because of Jeremy's odd appearance, "I would never buy a fragrance from such a one," has also been read
I figured, no matter what anybody says. You try it. And with the price of € 165 for the bottle, the risk seemed small. The actual price of €329 would have deterred me more. I'm honest about that
But what did I, and the participants of my sharing starting tomorrow, get? I am disappointed. Even the bottle. The lid looks cheap, the crown around the neck of the bottle has no cover. For the price I would have expected more I notice that the lid is scratched already when opening it. The metal is just much too soft. The sprayer is great. I can't complain about that. Also the cardboard looks cheap. Maybe I am spoiled by Liquides Imaginaires and Penhaligon's, but I expected this to be more valuable
Clearly the fragrance is in the foreground at the end. But for me, the flacon and the packaging are simply part of the overall impression. I love magnetic lids à la Amouage, for example, or heavy lids that make something special.

Now it is tested for the first time on the forearm. I close my eyes... a brutal opening that practically screams at you and says "here I am." It's smoky, it almost makes your throat itch. I open my eyes because I think I'm holding the wrong bottle. Isn't it? Hmm... yeah, for sure. You know the scent already That's "NO LIMIT$" by Philipp Plein... it can't be. It's at least three-quarters sure. And since both scents are from the same pen, it's not so strange. At "Date for Men" they copied from "Ultra Male"
There is still something fresh missing from "NO LIMIT$". I search in my collection and find it at "Office for Men" and "Bleu de Chanel EdP". Exactly this freshness comes through.

It changes colour after about 4 hours. Now the gujac wood and cardamom come through and he becomes an original. I have never noticed this scent before. When working on the laptop he makes it from the back of my hand and forearms to my nose for a very long time. The durability and silage are a 10/10, no shadow of a doubt.

But what disappointed me even more was his name. He does not remind me of a "black tie" - or the dress code that is actually meant by it - at all. But "
Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo" reminds me just as little of a tuxedo. I don't have a clear picture of how someone wearing this fragrance should look like when wearing "Black Tie for Men" either.

Conclusion: My high expectations were disappointed, all along the line. Packaging, bottle, cap, opening and heart note disappoint me "Black Tie for Men" and I won't be friends.

That's too bad.
Ischgelroi
The Holy Grail in a bottle ?
Today I received my bottling of black tie I was extremely excited to be honest, especially with the UVP price almost at Roja level. But I don't want to discuss the price further here, because I think that everyone has to decide for himself if he wants to pay the price. Right after spraying I thought to myself that you know the scent from somewhere, so I started to rummage in my bottlings and 10 minutes later I had the right bottling in my hands Philipp Plein No Limits. I can see almost 80% similarity here almost the identical leather and smoke component, with an addition of Office for Men, this impression I kept the complete shelf life of Black Tie. I also think that the name was missed - such a fragrance unfortunately does not match the Black Tie, unfortunately Black Tie leaves me a bit perplexed with the question why should I buy it, when I have been able to buy the DNA in this form almost identically and cheaper for a long time. Black tie is a solid fragrance but somehow boring and interchangeable due to its high similarity to No Limits. Black Tie is more for fans because the fragrance can be too little to buy

GolcherGolcher 1 month ago
Could've been launched as 'Date for Men Intense'. It actually is an intense version of Date, the top notes clash with the mid and base
Yann33Yann33 1 month ago
Total carbage. Sorry Jérémy .........
LeroystanksLeroystanks 2 months ago
My first thought is this is John Varvatos Dark Rebel with a ton of citrus. A very wearable smokey woods and leather fragrance.

by Stv23
by Stv23

Popular Fragrance One

Office for Men by Fragrance One Unisex for Everybody by Fragrance One Day for Women by Fragrance One Date for Men by Fragrance One Night for Women by Fragrance One