Black Tie for Men 2020

Black Tie for Men by Fragrance One
Black Tie for Men is a limited perfume by Fragrance One for men and was released in 2020. The scent is synthetic-leathery. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesBrazilian mandarin orangeBrazilian mandarin orange
Italian lemonItalian lemon
American orangeAmerican orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesParaguayan gaiac woodParaguayan gaiac wood
Base Notes Base NotesVetiverVetiver
PatchouliPatchouli
CardamomCardamom

Submitted by Sniffer, last update on 19.01.2022.

MartinGE
If he's too strong, you're too weak
Since I own all of the men's wearable fragrances in the series, I will build my comments for these fragrances similarly.
Fragrance One fragrances are known to be the scents of Youtuber Jeremy Fragrance.
With public figures, of course, there is often a devaluing of the person or the products when these people are belligerent.

Presumably, to be considered in America, one had to market an expensive product. This seems to be one reason that the retail prices of his fragrances are nevertheless far above what I (presumably most) am willing to spend for such a fragrance.
I will price this fragrance as much as I actually spent on this and that was noticeably under 140 EUR, so it does not compete against niche sizes or wonderful fragrance compositions, which one would expect at its normal price of 329€.

Should you know Office or Date from him and consider (too) strong, stay away from this fragrance.
He has the "power" often mentioned by him and namely especially if you wear more than 2-3 spritzes, this grows to a sick extent.

I once made me the fun to wear this fragrance in the evening in the outdoor restaurant in the Centro Oberhausen, when I was out with friends. One of my companions got sneezing fits, the sitting opposite me nahme him also very strongly perceived and the waitress also spoke to me on a but very pentrant strong fragrance. This fragrance develops a strong projection and sillage.

Now to the fragrance, he meets exactly my taste and I find him great.

Craftsmanship, however, it is questionable for me that -apart from the synthetic-looking opening - it seems as if the Mr. Morillas in the first half of the fragrance has sold his composition 2x. Because after the moment of spraying on the first hours of the fragrance seem like a 3x as strong version of No Limits, then later prevail guaiac wood, a lot of leather and other things that make the fragrance for me very nice.
But I can understand that you can be disappointed when you spend a lot of money on a fragrance and it behaves in the first half like a fragrance you could have for less money (you'd just have to bathe in it to get a comparable vibe).
Out the back there are also strong Gucci Guilty Absolute vibes, again this is a fragrance not known for flattering a beginner's nose, which is probably why it was discontinued this year due to its sales numbers (can't be me, I still have 2 bottles).
Also a Morillas fragrance...how surprising.....
The scent lasts well over 12, more like 18 hours, on clothes or anything else that comes in contact with it, it lasts forever.

If the name Black Tie makes you think of a serious evening among businessmen, then the name of the fragrance is also misleading.
Presumably, the name is meant to express something else, that this suit wearer is more the one who doesn't care what others do or think about him, but does what he wants, perhaps more along the lines of "American Psycho".
If I understood Jeremy correctly in his videos, he has mentioned more than 1x that the scent is too strong for him, so he doesn't wear this at all himself, however his brother likes this scent.

I like this strong fragrance and I like to wear it (well not so often, but I also have over 100 fragrances). But when I wear it, it is with the conscious feeling that it is noticed and not only positively, because I like that. I don't want to please everyone and I don't care how my environment feels about it.
I love fragrances with very very much power.

For me, the bottles are also in total contrast to what you want to spend with this product in such a price range.
The bottles and the packaging are well seen minimalist and have nothing to do with a luxury product.
Sick shelf life.
I have the fragrance now more than 3 months and am very excited.
The charisma is very very good and oh the durability you have to really like such (strong) fragrances.

After washing, the fragrance is partially still something to be perceived.
The first time spraying the fruit notes came through very strongly and in the drydown then comes through the wood which I personally find very Geil and not as Stördnt feel or stabbing.
Jamie2896
Wait, you know this one?!
And namely, already times in advance said, he is in my opinion a Duftzwillig to Philipp Pleins - No Limits - at least in the top note. I know namely the entire scent of No Limits no longer.

I actually like to watch the Jeremy and think a lot of his recommendations, as I think he has a clue about what he is dealing with - namely fragrances.

Black Tie does not at all reflect the frame in which Jeremy brought this fragrance.

The fragrance:
It starts relatively fruity and very very very strong and also room filling. Actually really good.
But what then creeps in after a few minutes, is a very strong insulin smell. Anyone who has ever smelled insulin knows exactly what I mean.
You get a mixture of masculine scents mixed with insulin or half a slice of orange. I actually have a hard time comparing this scent to everyday smells - I'd say old workshop or something??...
In any case, I would definitely not associate it with a black tie event, and would never wear it there.

Wearability/occasion/season:
You should wear it more towards winter and not necessarily if you are invited to 'n sit-in, but rather outdoors.

Durability and Sillage:
More does not go, period. Keeps up with fragrances like Interlude or Ombre Normade.

Packaging:
Rossmann Style, but that is unfortunately with every fragrance of Jeremy so. Influences but in no way my evaluation, because it is of course me about the fragrance and not about the packaging.

Conclusion:
People who are looking for a very individual, strong, striking and intrusive fragrance, should test the times. You can certainly get used to it, but for me personally was rather really rather a disappointment - and as I said - I'm more the "Jeremy fan" and think a lot of what he says about fragrances.
Splettinio
As unusual as Jeremy's breakfast routine....
Mid-October...

Early fall, 18 degrees with gentle sunshine on a Sunday afternoon.
Good mood before the walk and a cloud that many hours (6-8 very strong and close also gladly 16-20) every person who meets you will perceive and make you think.

Do I like what I smell? A question that you ask yourself in this extremely lengthy and persistent as well as egotistical cloud front, justifiably and that only everyone can answer for themselves!

It smells in any case self-confident, different, weird, something futoristisch as well as old-fashioned at the same time, aufrund this special synthetic note, which conducts especially the opening and so really never wants to give way completely!

A brief description before we then as you can see anyway in the rating to my personal conclusion.

highly polished brand new leather, doused with the contents of a burst with Vaseline processed and still very warm hot glue gun, in a wooden drawer completely soaked in patchouli. In the has before the Malleur happened and who has misused the wood in a very absurd way possibly times a tangerine or orange, but this was disposed of immediately after opening.

What remains is a light as new and polished leather note, adorned with a minimalist woody note, which is againrum completely drowned in patchouli and goes down as she herself as a supporting actor of this peculiar continuously hot on silicone mass applied hot glue gun.

There is of course the question what should be this for a smell and which human child, rejoices with it its olfactory senses?

A correct answer that me when I remember the first contact with this fragrance is...

ME!!!

Very unique to me, definitely niche, not a typical boss smell so I feel the name is suboptimal (unless he's a boss in a silicone caulk and hot glue gun factory).

The best fragrance of Fragrance One for me and by far! Cross-comparisons to the No Limit fragrance of Plein I do not really understand. That is for me a similar direction yet a different result.

I say also not Oud saves the King and Oud for Greatness or Aqua the Parma and Aqua di Gio smell the same!
That just Jeremy we all me included because of his polarizing nature from different motives closely under the magnifying glass and that he starts with his releases with one +2 and with many others with -2 points is obvious. Nevertheless, I must say that this is a very successful, enduring, quite independent niche fragrance, which I rate here exactly as I feel him!

Biggest negative point in my eyes even many times worse than the choice of name is the pricing!
Absolutely excessive even if he for me positively performed I him as unique einstufe etc. he is for my feeling but clearly too expensive.
A good einzigaritger fragrance can and may gladly cost more only act the unique selling points in this olfactory symphony rather after good places in the fifth or sixth row and not like a place in the front rows!

Whether it is worth that possibly nevertheless and must cost, that can, may and should everyone for itself decide!
You should try it in any case!

I hope the one or the other living beings here on Parfumo to have been helpful.

If you see things similarly or completely differently let me know it gladly, because smells are worth it that one speaks about them, philosophizes and discusses :-)

Best regards!

Each as he likes
Talking about Fragrance One and not mentioning Jeremy Fragrance is practically impossible. With Office and Date two rather average fragrances rausgehauen, which you also get for two bills less at DM.

But this Black Tie is different. As always, I went into the test with this JF fragrance with an open mind. Opening very very synthetic and I did not know where to put my mood. Everything felt so strong and artificial. But then after 10 minutes the scent becomes very light and fruity oriental. Smoky notes come in and all of a sudden I really like this fragrance.

The price, however, is much too high. For this money, I actually buy 2-3 very nice fragrances from niche houses. But still, it finds a place on my shelf because it's just kind of unique.

In my opinion, this perfume Jeremy is his first hit.

The best Frangrance One until now
The first feeling is quite good, it feels like you are smelling something of good niche quality.
The mandarin is delicious, oily, woody, with a touch of vetiver, all well sustained, more serious and more mature than Date without a doubt, it does not have the sweetness that I didn't like about it, it's something else, although I understand that it has some date dna in common. The wood is very noticeable, nothing artificial.

The aroma is not groundbreaking but it's really well done, a kind of what Parfums de Marly offers but richer.

It's long lasting, and with perfect sillage, it's not close to be soft but also not overwhelming (it is more content than Date) and you can smell bursts all the time.

Black Tie is elegant, classy, ​​masculine, except summer and the warmest part of the spring is totally versatile, it can be used in any situation, I have tried all three by Morillas from this house and I think this one is the best of them.

Although it isn't listed in the notes, it has to have leather, a leather with more quality than Guilty Absolute but more tamed, with that dark, masculine and lively wood and the orange that remains quite well, is the main accord.

Although I have found it to be an excellent perfume, the price is high compared to what can be found in that range, they are simply in different leagues, but it is not the only brand that does it, there are many niche houses that do the same and they don't have so much bad hype, the bottle is the most beautiful of the line, matte black, the cap and the box are a shame, there is nothing good to tell about it, there are Walmart cheap perfume packaging with better quality. But talking just about the juice, it's over a mid-range quality perfume, for comparison I think it could be in the cost range of half it official price.

Smell: 8/10
Longevity: 8.8 / 10
Sillage: 7.7 / 10
Price: € 329 / 100ml
Recommended: High (in sales, 50% off)
German leather
So I have to tell you one thing honestly:

Who of you compares "Black Tie" by Tscheremy Frägrenz with Aqua Amara or Date for Men, has thrown away the tester before the Drydown.
(I admit: partly I can understand that! :D)

In the opening, the first 20-30 minutes about, there are namely fresh / fruity chords, quite jumbled, but you notice immediately that this is just the dust that is about to be swept away by a dark cloud.

I was now unfortunately during the day a few hours out of the house, but what is about 5 hours later on the test strip, so from me the "Late Drydown", is just leather. Leather like black, newly creamed leather shoes, brand new from the shoe store.

Leather like, Ombre Leather from Tom Ford, but more not like Tuscan Leather, where you still notice raspberry or something...

Apparently Tscheremy thinks these Tom Ford or PdM leather firecrackers are the perfect suit scent, because you don't make a concrete leather scent like that unintentionally or by accident...

I don't find it congruent with his brand/identity, as Jeremy is very big on compliments, and I'm convinced that perfumes so heavily focused on leather will put off more people,- than excite. At least in public, or in the company of non-expert people.

Just the aficionados and professional sniffers on the other hand, will love this fragrance more than all his other releases, because it is so non-mainstream, and not "obviously beautiful", so rather getting used to and demanding.
Demanding hits the spot, it has more edge than necessary to be interesting, but for me too much of thatr edge.

Considering what it is though, it's really well made. So purely in terms of craftsmanship, nice concept, very much in the footsteps of "Ombré Leather 2018" (Tom Ford), but then still standalone and not a clone of it.
Let's say a different shade of black. ;P
So it dances right on the border of redundant, and yet somehow new and interesting to smell.

On that note, my recommendation for the enthusiasts, "For Fans", and whoever tries it and reads this: Give it time to drydown, spray in on paper and smell again in the evening or so...

The development before that is, it seems to me, a bit of a mess because the building blocks have to fall into place first.

Black Tie is not a bad fragrance, but should rather have been called Black German Leather Shoe. ;P

On that note, cheers, even though I'm from Austria! :D
Exciting Exciting fragrance
Very much negative feedback here with which I can not agree. From the sillage and durability here he is already better than most designers and niche fragrances. Of course, the fragrance is a matter of taste but I find him very nice by this fruity sweet which is very prominent at the beginning and then later something smoky. But I myself have also received negative feedback in my own environment for the fragrance as I had demonstrated it. For me, it's a blast where I swim against the tide.
And yes the price is too exaggerated and would hold about 110 € / 100 ml for more realistic
Sendrik
Too much of a good thing
Unlike most of the other reviews here, I actually rather like the scent itself. At the beginning, I smell a surprisingly genuine tangerine along with a very tart note, which I attribute to the guaiac wood. As time goes on, the mandarin gets a little weaker and the tart note gets stronger. The tart note isn't quite my cup of tea, but I think it's necessary to keep the tangerine at bay and keep the scent from becoming too sweet. Although the mix of fruit and something tart actually sounds pretty standard, I actually don't know of anything that I would call similar to Black Tie. However, I also have to honestly admit that I don't even know that many perfumes and especially have never tested "No Limit$".
Although all this sounds first quite good I will probably give the fragrance soon again and the reason for this are the durability and sillage. I've had to deal with a few Montale fragrances and also some from Rasasi and since it's very important to me that my fragrances have a strong H/S, I'm used to that kind of thing by now. The H/S of Black Tie is insane and even stronger than that of most Montale fragrances I know. The scent felt even stronger projecting from my clothes on the second day than most designer fragrances do right after spraying on my skin. The scent is so strong that it made me feel a little sick at times and it's not worth it to me after all. Speaking of value, for the fragrance you should spend in my opinion really maximum half of the money demanded on the side.
AB2202
Memories from childhood and why you shouldn't write off every poorly rated scent.
First of all, I must say that I can not understand the massive negative reviews. From my point of view, the fragrance is a grenade.
Both durability and sillage leave nothing to be desired, as well as the fragrance itself unfolds beautifully on my skin.

One may of his outbursts on the YouTube channels what you want to hold, a fan of the character "Jeremy Fragrance" I'm definitely not either!

As we all know, the human brain often associates scents with memories from times gone by. When I sniff the back of my hand, it takes me back to childhood days in which I was often times on the weekend to visit my uncle. As soon as you entered the house, a fruity-tart scent would hit you - when my uncle hugged me, his leathery-spicy perfume on my clothes would join in. EXACTLY that situation and scent association comes to mind when I smell the Black Tie.

I gave Date & Office both a chance back then, too, but they were way too generic and replaceable for me.
The price, however, I find too high with all his fragrances, even if this one I like decidedly well.
Since here is often referred to a Plein fragrance, which goes in a similar direction, I will try this soon times. :)

More detailed fragrance description:

Opening:

Fruity-tart citrus platter that can definitely spread good vibes.

after about 30 minutes:
The fruit seems more restrained, here comes up ready a leather note, which has quite for many something unpleasantly strict in itself - for me, this moment is also not the most beautiful in the course.

After about 2 hours:
The leather smells very soft and a sweetish woody note joins in.
In conclusion, it only remains for me to say:
Not every poorly rated fragrance is automatically not for you - Try through, the fragrance world is big enough for all of us and everyone feels and associates a fragrance in a different way! ;)

GolcherGolcher 1 year ago
Could've been launched as 'Date for Men Intense'. It actually is an intense version of Date, the top notes clash with the mid and base
Yann33Yann33 1 year ago
Total carbage. Sorry Jérémy .........
LeroystanksLeroystanks 1 year ago
My first thought is this is John Varvatos Dark Rebel with a ton of citrus. A very wearable smokey woods and leather fragrance.

by Stv23
by Stv23

Popular Fragrance One

Office for Men by Fragrance One Unisex for Everybody by Fragrance One Day for Women by Fragrance One Date for Men by Fragrance One Night for Women by Fragrance One