Date for Men (2019)

Date for Men by Fragrance One

Date for Men is a new perfume by Fragrance One for men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-synthetic. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Bergamot, Mandarin, Artemisia, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmbrox, Woods, Cardamom
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Patchouli, Oud, Vetiver

Submitted by Teenewbie, last update on 08.04.2020.

5.5

Condorpilot1
The unofficial "Club for Men"
So there it is for a few weeks now, the second fragrance of Fragrance One. I have long been reluctant to buy this fragrance, especially because of the price of 220€, I have to admit. But now I found it quite cheap and then I hit it after all. I would like to evaluate this fragrance in an unbiased way, without letting myself be influenced by the almost invariably negative comments at my first impression. I don't like that kind of thing, and I don't think it's fair. First of all, I ask myself the question: What is my subjective expectation of a fragrance created for the man who is supposed to accompany him on a date? - For me, a date fragrance has to be dark, seductive, deep, adult, well thought-out, woody, slightly sweet, preferably (a touch) oriental (e.g. by rose, jasmine, cardamom, frankincense, sandalwood, vanilla, tonka or oud), pleasant sillage (not overwhelmingly strong but not too little) and created with devotion. The flacon may also indicate that it is a date fragrance. I wouldn't think a dark red/burgundy presentation would be bad - by the way, this is one of my personal criticisms of the presentation of Fragrance One, because all bottles are and remain apparently black. I would like to see more color to match the theme of each of the brand's fragrances. Black, for example, for an evening perfume for a "Black Tie Event". By the way, I found the transparent bottle of the second batch of Office for Men even much more fitting for the "Office" theme than the current one, just by the way...

Now let's get to the scent. I always like to smell the sprayer and the cap first to get a first impression of the perfume before it gets to my skin, a bit like opening a wine bottle. So did I this time. "What is this? Is the oud here really perceptible, contrary to what the comments so far claim," I thought. In fact, I noticed something that smelled like oud on the sprayer. Apparently this expensive oud from Laos that Jeremy always talked about in the videos. "Not bad! It can go on like this" was my positive attitude. But the first time you spray it on your forearm, you'll hear: BOOM! Fruit bomb! "What the hell just happened?! Oud, where are you?" was the next reaction. I honestly could not have perceived in the top note that it was a composition of citric fragrances á la zirtrone, bergamot and mandarin orange. What I smelled was an obsalate of overripe synthetic fruit that killed everything. Everything. Lemons and co. can be so wonderful if they only smell natural, Allure Homme Édition Blanche shows how it's done in the designer corner (even if the fragrance character is not comparable)... No, this fruit bomb was too much of a good thing, too much at once and over-zealously created. And yes, the comparison to JPG Ultra Male is definitely there. So I grabbed my Ultra Male straight out of the closet and quickly sprayed it on the other arm to compare the two times right next to each other. Somehow Date had also created something pear-like like Ultra Male in the top note, but obviously with so called "Aroma Chemicals", which are supposed to leave your impression of citrus and pear but are mixed in the lab... In any case, everything seems unnatural, synthetic and unbalanced. In direct comparison, however, Ultra Male is more pear-heavy and even sweeter than Date in the prelude. Anyway, I didn't like the date headnote at all. But cardamom, patchouli, oud and vetiver are still to follow. After about 30 minutes I still smelled top note, still fruit salad. After 45 minutes still, after 1h still top note - but stop! cardamom has actually crept up after the sweetness has withdrawn slightly. But not sweet cardamom, like from La Nuit de L'Homme, but spicier. And the rest? Well, the heart note is more or less skipped, the base note I honestly can't perceive at all, even after 5 hours not really because this top note doesn't want to disappear. But Date for Men won't last much longer, much too fast it seems to become a skin-scent. The highly praised Laotian oud may be gone or may never have appeared. I only smelled it on the sprayer once, and then never again. Not even after the second test.

I'm not sure what Jeremy Fragrance's idea of a date fragrance was. Perhaps these do not overlap with my ideas at all. But for my taste Date for Men unfortunately missed the point. With this I would like to make it clear that this is not a disastrous scent, there are far worse ones. It is certainly very safe and mainstream but my senses tell me that it is not a date fragrance. The points I listed earlier (dark, seductive, mature, thoughtful...), which m.M.n a date fragrance, were not hit. But the perfume is mainly screeching loud at the beginning and then permanently sweet. From its DNA, or from what I can perceive, it is a perfectly suitable scent for the club. Hence the title of this commentary. If it had even more sillage and durability, it would be great, honestly! Especially for the young audience, if the price was naturally more decent, it could become popular. Of course I'm curious if the community would see this in a similar way as I do or maybe have completely different ideas and opinions. Anyway, I was wondering if it was right to get Alberto Morillas on board again. Nothing against Alberto Morillas, he has truly already created great creations. But he creates a lot for the designer houses and they want mainstream and mass. Maybe that's why there's simply a lack of "uniqueness" here, which the perfume industry desperately needs, even for designer perfumes! Creativity is so important and many releases of the last years are just too flat. As a young company, Fragrance One has the great opportunity to do so. But their scent DNA is still heading in the wrong direction. Couldn't Jeremy knock on another perfumer's door? There are certainly a lot of good, creative and open-minded people who can work freely without "budget limitations". So, at least in theory, great perfume art can be created.

Date for Men is a perfume with a character suitable for 16-25 year olds, but for the age groups above it is simply too sweet and playful, not adult, not profound and youthful-naïve. After all, a date should not take place in the club ;-) But I will keep the scent, I will use it. My Ultra Male will soon be empty, so at least I have some kind of alternative. I can't say anything about compliments, but I'm not into that either. I would also like to see more courage, edge and risk from Fragrance One and I am also looking forward to the next creation for men.

Mass. Appeal.
What I'm going to say here probably goes against the grain for most people here, as this perfume is literally shredded in the air. How I find something wrong Is it a unique fragrance that has never been seen before and that is a work of art by Morillas?
Is it way too overpriced?
However, 95% of people who are not perfume freaks find it super good and that is exactly what Jeremy is aiming for with his brand. It's supposed to please women... and it does A fruit cocktail-like opening supported by a slight woody undertone. This fruit bomb lasts a very, very long time...unfortunately Because after 5-6 hours for me, I actually like the scent very much. Somewhat woody and not quite so youthful.

Anyway... i'm not a fan of Jeremy at all, although I liked the office very much and had given him 180€ or so for 2 bottles of the first batch in blind faith about Kickstarter and there I was not disappointed. Had I done the same here, I would have been disappointed despite my previous statement, because I really liked the notebreakdown.

Date?
Ok guys, I picked this one.
My Thoughts:
- Mass appealing
- Compliments Magnet
- Great sillage and Longevity
- Versatile and juvenile
- Not unique (very similar to Azzaro Wanted by Night and Ultramale PR)
- I paid $85 for a bottle, please do not pay the retail price since is overpriced.
- it's a keeper.
8/10

Date for Boys
After I liked some of Alberto Morillas' fragrances very much, and I also really liked office for men, I wanted to try date for men. But here I was disappointed.
The bottle is exactly the same. So cheapest cap, but good sprayer
The fragrance is mainly fruity at the beginning. Very quickly, however, youthful sweetness is added, which makes the fragrance almost unisex. The fragrance then remains fruity sweet creamy for quite a long time until it becomes somewhat woody at the end. But I don't take anything from oud at all.

In any case, in my opinion, the fragrance should only be worn under 30 years of age, as it is not masculine enough. Besides, it does not fit to a chic date with fine clothes, because it is too casual.
Durability and sillage are ok.

Reminds you a bit of le male ultra male, wanted and invictus, but which cost much less and appeal to the same audience.

In itself, the smell is therefore certainly not bad. But I am too old for the fragrance and the fragrance for what it is too expensive

FranzNV
Too loud and too expensive
The smell itself is not really bad.
But he's just too pushy Sometimes I'd rather mix it with water to make it lighter.. I wouldn't dare wear it on a date He's really too loud for that and no "mass appealing" scent I find.
For his real price, I would rate him even worse.
But I think nobody paid the full price, because I saw that there were several and different actions.
0.5

Please stop!
Jeremy...What can you say. One likes him (for whatever reason) or dislikes him (for whatever reason) but it stops here. I got a bottling of Office and Date to get a picture. Office is ok - far away from the smell of all scents as he announced. You can wear it, something is annoying (at least to me), will not get on the wish list but there are worse things. This date is really awesome. What's up? Does the Ferrari have to be inspected or why is an Invictus copy in 10x strength now sold? I wore Creed Millesime Imperial this morning and what can I say - the little sprayer of the date on my hand just ate poor Creed like the cookie monster ate the cookies. This stuff makes me nauseous and I don't want to or want to go away. Doing the dishes? No chance! I'm afraid he's staying till Christmas. Acidic, pushy, mainstream, cheap- Invictus just. It just annoys me and no it's not because of Jeremy or because I want to force the opinion of others about him. He started well, showed me many good scents that I also have in my collection, he has an idea and often right but it should have been easy for me.

Mixel
But it's much too expensive
Scent is quite ok, rather a fragrance for younger (16-21 years), but for the price I find the whole thing much too expensive, of course no fragrance costs a lot in the reign but for over 200€ I find it unfortunately a cheek, Office for Men has convinced me more, oud is hardly noticeable rather at the end (after about 2 hours)

Tacmaxx
Better to be underestimated than overestimated,
then you can't disappoint so much.
The scent is citric-fruity for the first few minutes
the citric fades quickly and it becomes fruity-sweet in the last phase it becomes sweet and woody no oud far and wide. I have owned a small collection of oriental scented oils for 16 years. Among them also real Oud (10 ml 400€) it still smells just as strong as on the first day. In Date for Men, I haven't been able to smell oud even close to it I was disappointed because after about 3 hours the Date for Men reminds me of Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Wood & Wood.
I was shocked at first, because this is the fragrance I had bought at Douglas and returned it because something in it almost made me feel nauseous.
Luckily this doesn't happen on Date for Men, but whenever I smell my shirt now I immediately think of the Wood&Wood.
I have compared the notes of the fragrances both have cardamom in the top note / ambrox and ambroxan in the heart note / musk_patchouli_vetiver in the base note.
The Office for Men has satisfied me except for the price and the lid of the bottle. With the Date for Men, however, I now also find that after about 3 hours it reminds me too much of Wood&Wood by Issey Miyake.
I hope that the fragrance will still settle and mature a bit and that its base note will still change.

The hype of both fragrances is in my opinion not justified, there is nothing new and nothing special about both fragrances, none of them made it into my Top 5.

He wants too much
I have watched many videos of Jeremy Fragrance for some time, simply because he can bring you many fragrances in a short time. And then you stay a little bit on the dream he sells, his enthusiasm is simply contagious. Especially if you're still new to the scene as I was then.

Meanwhile I only know so much good myself that I don't need it anymore. I know Parfumo already better than in my own trouser pocket... D

Anyway, that's why I know him so well. And knows that "La Nuit de L'Homme" (Vintage) is his absolute favorite fragrance.
What he always liked very much was JPG's "Ultra Male"; extroverted, strong and unique up to the going-no-more-but somehow sexy and round. The limit of what is possible in the mainstream, in a way.
And Coach for Men, his Sauvage alternative, which Jeremy celebrates because you're wearing one of the most popular fragrances, but without smelling like everyone else. (Although I personally find Coach somehow quite different from Sauvage... but yes.)

At Office for Men Jeremy has at least created something that smells unique to me, has extremely good predicates (I've never seen such good durability and silage with a fresh woody scent...) and at the same time is always wearable!
You could accuse Office of being a bit like Fierce or something, by the way... so it does the same thing (fresh wood-sexy), and it's not super daring with that. But just so strong and concentrated (looks like there are powerful flavour enhancers inside...) that it really impresses me, and everyone notices immediately.

All the more surprising it was for me to sniff "Date for Men". This scent doesn't impress from the first second at all.
And then you wait, but it still doesn't come much more. I have now worn and tested it for 2 days, re-sprayed it because it is not as strong as Office, and still... i just can't really get excited about it.

It seems to me as if Jeremy had tried to process some "Ultra Male" and "La Nuit de L'Homme" aspects on the basis of "Coach for Men" to create a multi-layered date scent killer who has the strengths of all his besties.

Only the result is unfortunately different:
It is not as flattering and attractive, misterious and unique as LNDL.
He's not as freshly showered and casually chic as Coach for Men.
He is not nearly (!) as extroverted, strong, exaggerated and sexy as Ultra Male.

That's why I think he actually wanted to do too much at once. It would have been better if he had his nose created an LNDL clone that finally substituted the legendary vintage LNDL. That would also have brought him more financial success. (Or patent lawsuits... All right. ':D)

In that sense, test him out, I don't find that a bad casual scent. It doesn't hurt anyone, and maybe one or the other likes it.
But he is really rather average, and I say that now as I hide like J. has praised him about the green clover.
Because this expectation, he can certainly not withstand.

Jeremy, if you're reading this... please just clone LDNL Vintage in your way and do it #BeastMode. ;)

#LaNuitForMen ;)

Duftomatisch
Topic met, expectation met.
Hello first.

So I like Date for Men. I think Alberto and Jeremy have hit the nail on the head. Namely because it smells sweet and sexy and has no exaggerated Sillage. This should then be available at "Club for Men". But I still think it's a pity that the Sillage is a little weak. Cause I'd love to wear the scent once in a while, but it's never gonna be on a date. I have a girlfriend and if that wasn't the case, and I'd go "dating" again, I'd probably put on a different scent. Probably. So topic hit - hook.

Date for Men smells like a mixture of different mainstreamers for a younger audience, as many have already mentioned here. Also on this point you have to say; people, what did you expect? Jeremy likes to recommend Wanted by night, Ultramale, Eros etc., has mostly younger "fans" and writes himself mass-compatible on the flag. So expectation met - hook. As for the announced oud - yes, he might have stacked it up a bit. On the other hand one would also have assumed that it would not bring out a mass compatible date scent for boys who smell a full pot of oud.

I smell a mixture of Wanted, Ultramale and YSL - Y. I think he's the closest he's to the Y. I'm not a fan of Wanted and Y, nor of Eros. But Date for Men is kind of good. I find it a bit more valuable than the ones mentioned above, and also make me perceive an oud. At least I think the oud contributes a good part to the overall composition, which makes the fragrance more appealing to me than Wanted and Y. It is clear that the fragrance is not unique, Office is already "uniquer". Here Jeremy clearly wanted to go safe instead of risk.

Now to the (negative) criticism: the durability and, as already mentioned, the Sillage are not so good. Not bad either. Midfield. Worse than Office for Men. Yes, after the long-lasting office and the announcement "Extrait" I also had an expectation in this point that DfM in my opinion did not fulfil.
And yes, you are all right: the regular price is much too high, almost ridiculously high. However, I must confess that I was already itching my fingers when I saw sealed flacons for 110 € in the souk.

I'm not buying it yet. 100ml is too much, too. But he could make it, shall we say, on my extended wish list. Although the fragrance is a bit teeny-like, it has something that makes it interesting and wearable for me (37 years) as well.

So, theme taken, (in terms of Jeremy's taste) odor expectation met, price too high, H&S a little bit too weak.

Bye-bye.

Carlitos01 77 minutes ago
Laotian Oud is promised but it's nowhere to be found. A sweet fruity opening followed by a heavy cardamom. A mix of Ultra Mâle and Wanted.

Sonnenuntergang im Glas.