Date for Men 2019

Date for Men by Fragrance One
Date for Men is a perfume by Fragrance One for men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Bergamot, Mandarin orange, Artemisia, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmbrox, Woods, Cardamom
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Patchouli, Oud, Vetiver

Submitted by Teenewbie, last update on 08.04.2021.

Jeremy's Fragrances 2/3
Date for Men starts for me with a short citrus flash to go immediately afterwards rather in the woody, spicy direction. The cardamom, which is so typical for many date fragrances, partly flashes through. As it progresses to the drydown, the scent unfortunately drifts in a very arbitrary direction, which has already been criticized in numerous comments. Invictus Legend, YSL Y Live, Ultra Male, you name it...
From the Oud, which Jeremy in his videos to the fragrance has always so emphasized, far and wide no trace.
All in all a nice leisure fragrance, where the performance fits. But on a date I would not like to smell so, at least since I have outgrown the teenage age.
Yes, and the price? Again lush, but as a bundle affordable.
Contradiction
Preliminary I find Office for Men is an extremely successful fragrance and is almost one of my everyday favorites even if I am aware of its weaknesses!
The more excited I was on the Date for Men because I have specific ideas for this type of situations, sexy, seductive, warm, sweet and above all a good dose of masculinity.

The overall high price has deterred me due to the yet behavior reviews ultimately and so I decided with for a 10ml variant.

Shortly after tracking down I could understand the bad reviews.
The mandarin and citrus top note with this indefinable sweetness seemed simply Deplatziert and Untranzparent, so I put the fragrance aside again because my disappointment was quite large.

After about 1 hours, however, I noticed how the fragrance developed increasingly positive, the fruity, Ztrische note evaporated and the initial Undefinierbare sweetness resulted in a clearly transparent fragrance that was really successful!
Which brings me to this fragrance really in a dichotomy.

The top note is unfortunately absolutely not successful and confuses simply only, whereby this very good fragrance does not come to the fore and many are deterred.

The performance of the fragrance also confuses me, for me he is even after 6 hours barely to not noticeable However, for my environment he is up to 12 hours very clear and present without becoming obtrusive.
The price and the top note make this fragrance unfortunately difficult to access although it is very successful in my eyes Evlt needs the fragrance also more time "to mature" after about half a year he seemed overall rounder but in the top note not better.
Grade 3
I actually always found Jeremy kind of likeable and a cool guy (last year Jeremy lost his mind from my perspective, but I don't want to talk about that here now). I have also had pre-ordered Office 2018 before the fragrances were known. Fande Office also quite good and have therefore also struck at Date with a loyalty discount for 110€ (Who buys anything at Fragrance One without discount that is no longer to help, the OVPs are simply for marketing purposes).

What I always liked about Jeremy was that he always brought things across very simple and straight to the point, which I want to do from here on now.

Date for Men smells really quite good, but absolutely standard. There is really nothing special about him. Smells like any typical sweet-male going out fragrance. No character, generic and replaceable. There are always better alternatives for this scent. Uniqueness is one of Jeremy's three principles, it's not present here. Mass appeal and durability are the others, they are both there here, so the fragrance is not bad or it smells really good, but it is just like all the others and thus mediocre.

Still three notes:
The scent is much too strong, especially for a date. Jeremy said himself it should actually be Club for Men, but because the fragrance was too smooth, it was date. The sillage was obviously not adjusted.
I have worn the fragrance about 10 times when going out, get no compliments, only once a comment why I smell so strong. (4 spritz)
JF thinks you shouldn't buy TF Oud Wood because oud fragrances should smell like oud, but in Date for Men you can't smell any oud.
Jeremy says himself that the fragrance costs 5€ to produce. The high price is justified because perfumes are art and art does not depend on manufacturing costs.
MaikBateman
He's better than you rate
I have had the perfume once again yesterday on it. And honestly, I was totally surprised... he stands already what longer with me, but hardly used....
initially I was very disappointed, however, I am now amazed as he develops.
In durability he gets from me the full score. I smell him constantly with myself, even the next day.
Once the heart note unfolds properly with the fading of the top note it is in my opinion a good fragrance. (However, at the beginning by the whole ingredients quite confusing and not so well assessable.
Whether it is now the best fragrance for the first date can be argued... would still rather prefer eg the One EdP, because it is simply safer.
The flacon in itself one-sided but still a cool idea, at least it simplifies the day. (Date, Office, Day,Night)

The price...
Many complain about the price...
Due to the long lasting and high strength of the perfume, it has a reason to be so expensive. After all, it is high quality ingredients. And for which price category you offer a perfume, is up to you. Of course, the middle class complains about the price and most don't buy it because of that (it wasn't made for the middle class either), however, I think it's nicer when not EVERYONE has it in their closet. You also have to remember that there are more expensive fragrances that turn out worse.

Why the perfume was ultimately so badly rated, I can not say. Probably because of the expensive price and the uncertainties, whether you should really wear it to the first date...
Sigginator06
The fragrance has a concept
Friday ordered, Saturday the fragrance was already there in the small 10ml version. There was great anticipation and expectations about Jeremy - I like him, especially his recent changes. Opened the package and sprayed directly. At the beginning fruity sweet start with bergamot and cardamom in the background. And then boahhh! It gets extremely sweet! Very youthful. Could hardly smell it. Disappointed, I turned my nose away at first... 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes... always the same strong sweetness, which did not appeal to me as a fresh lover. I just thought: Shit, money down the drain But then! About 2-3 hours later I turned my nose back towards my wrist. Oops, it is spicier and less sweet now. I like it. Also the penetrating sillage from the beginning has disappeared.
From an attention-seeking sweet monster to a more pleasant warm cardamom flatterer (reminds me a bit of La Nuit de L'Homme in the perfume (?) version) that doesn't interfere with more intimate moments. Has concept and reminds me of the Armani Code ad.
My conclusion: it is quite solid and will find its buyers. I would still recommend everyone to test the fragrance beforehand. For me it is not an everyday scent (unlike Office for Men).
Raik1332
Great fragrance in a ghastly bottle
What is fantastic about this fragrance is the smell and the shelf life, it has to be said that it smells very fruity and is more for younger people. What I don't like is the bottle, which is rather boringly designed, plus the fact that the fragrance comes in a 0815 cardboard box. But the worst thing is the cap which is so cheap that even perfumes for 3€ can be ten times better quality and I think that's not possible with a perfume for the proud price of 220€. I bought the perfume in the 2 for 1 promotion (Date and Office for together 220€), so in summary, the pure fragrance is worth 110€, but from the overall appearance, you should not pay the full price, but rather wait for the next 2 for 1 promotion.
Similarities with Office and Ultramale
Let's start with the scent. By the way, I just sprayed Date on the left and Ultramale on the right Date's cute at first. (Goes in the direction of Ultramale, but Ultramale is much cuter and stays cute throughout) A short time later Date becomes very fresh and my first thought was : Office. But I think it smells a bit more pleasant. After that it goes in a sweet direction but still fresh/spicy and slightly woody. The sweetness is not as intense as when you smell the sprayer. In the description of the fragrance it says that oud is inside, which I don't notice at all. A pity actually. Conclusion: a rather fresh slightly woody and sweet scent. The sweetness could have been better in the base note. In and of itself a good fragrance and my favourite in the house Fragrance.One. Good Sillage and very good durability. Flacon is nothing creative but somehow elegant. The best date fragrance? Well, the best date scent? I understand what Jeremy wanted to do with the fragrance and if he had done a better job of realizing his vision, I think this one would be more popular. I would wear the fragrance for a day/afternoon date, preferring different fragrances in the evening

I can smell the OUD
After around 3 or 4 hours after the sweetness have gone. The oud pushes through. It’s faint but it’s there. On my skin, I can smell it. The closest comparison I can make is ; the oud in it on my skin reminds me of the oud in Gucci intense oud or black afghano. No way near that strong; but it’s there, in the background. Very weak but on me, it holds the fragrance in the dry down.
Lennsen20
Not as bad as everyone says
I think it's because of Jeremy Fragrance's great proclamation that many people don't like this fragrance and give it bad reviews. Is it the best date scent ever? No, far from it! Does it at least smell interesting / unique? No, not at all( where is the oud?)! Is it affordable for his clientele; i.e. customer-oriented market price for 16-25 year old guys? At least not for the average under 20 years ! I think it's a pity because I like Jeremy Fragrance. He is brave, misinterpreted arrogance is simply his self-confidence and he is entertaining (even if every 3rd video feels like it is about Aventus, Prada L'homme and Tobacco Oud).
I just bought both fragrances in 10 ml a few weeks ago. And I was disappointed because I really thought they were a real hit, but far from it. Both are above average, everybody knows that, even those who don't want to believe it. Still doesn't suit my taste and I'm glad that I waited for the sample sizes PS: Date for Men, in contrast to almost all of them, I find it even better than Office for Men.

Golcher
I was so damn sure I was going to hate it
I got into the fragrance game mainly because of Jeremy. Seeing his videos, his top 10 and somewhat insightful comments made me passionate for fragrances however, this was a couple of years back, now I can't stand the guy. It all went down hill when he started spending more time doing push ups rather than discussing scents but we're here not to judge the guy but the frangrances.

I really enjoyed Office for Men, I was a backer in his Kickstarter campaign and even though Office isn't ground breaking it is real nice and you have to give it to Jeremy, it's a compliment monster (best compliment getter out of my 160 frags) and a great performer. When Date came out I was cautious, I wanted to listen to some reviews, some first impressions and they all pointed to a Ultra Male wannabe and I already own Ultra Male so there was no need for it, pass! When the 10ml were released I bought one out of curiosity and just as I thought, there is a lot of Ultra Male in it however, it's just the UM sweetness. It starts very citrusy and sweet but you get a gorgeous spicy feel to it, it's actually real nice!

Date for Men ended up being a nice surprise, I see why it's called Date and not Club, it's a great choice for dating if you're in your 20's but sadly it's not for people my age. I'll enjoy wearing my 10ml but not sure it's bottle worthy for someone my age, I might've rocked it 10 years ago.

PS: Laos Oud!? yeah right!

Dan81Dan81 11 months ago
Ultra Male with enhanced top notes and less ambery/sweaty dry down from Ambrox. Crispier and more linear, more synthetic but great performer
GolcherGolcher 11 months ago
Quite nice, does any one else get a Layton feel? like this is Jeremys attempt to create the Layton of this line
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
Laotian Oud is promised but it's nowhere to be found. A sweet fruity opening followed by a heavy cardamom. A mix of Ultra Mâle and Wanted.

Sonnenuntergang im Glas.
by Braso
by Estbienla
by Estbienla

Popular Fragrance One

Office for Men by Fragrance One Unisex for Everybody by Fragrance One Day for Women by Fragrance One Black Tie for Men by Fragrance One Night for Women by Fragrance One