Date for Men 2019

Date for Men by Fragrance One
6.3 / 10 357 Ratings
Date for Men is a perfume by Fragrance One for men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top Notes LemonLemon BergamotBergamot Mandarin orangeMandarin orange ArtemisiaArtemisia CardamomCardamom
Heart Notes Heart Notes AmbroxAmbrox WoodsWoods CardamomCardamom
Base Notes Base Notes MuskMusk PatchouliPatchouli OudOud VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Teenewbie, last update on 26.01.2023.

33 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 49
"Bait for Men"
Man, I was so hyped on that perfume! I like Jeremy and most of his recommendations. Through his earlier videos I got to know and appreciate many scents. To be honest I was full of anticipation, because the setting "Date" I find very interesting and was really excited about Jeremy's interpretation of a perfect scent for such a scenario. I found Office for Men not bad, but too little compared to the counterparts from this price region. I ordered it directly on the release day. All buyers of "Office" got 50% off "Date" with a discount code and saved 110 €. To be honest, I would never have spent 220 € blind. Office was already completely overpriced in my opinion, but that topped everything! I could get really upset when I think about the price... I am willing to pay the price, BUT then everything has to fit. The fragrance must smell unique, pleasant and complex, it must perform well and the packaging must be appealing. Performance is really good with me. It lasts 10 hours and also projects decently I think the bottle itself is not bad. I find it very pleasant to hold. The spray head is good, too. Only the lid is catastrophic and insolent to me. Can you call that a lid, dear community?! Cheap is an insult to all lids that are only cheap. Now I could be accused of having to calm down and that it's just a "shutter", but I attach great importance to something like that. The love of detail is everything to me. If I want to bring out "the best perfume in the world", then everything has to be constantly at a high level and that includes the appearance. Let's face it. Why don't you just make a high-quality, sturdy lid? We're not even asking for a magnetic one. It should simply "click" and sit securely, feel high-quality. Is that too much for 220€ ?!

So much for the introduction. Let's get to the most important point: the fragrance.
When I hear the word "date" I think of a delicate, elegant, cozy, seductive cuddly scent. À la La Nuit de L'Homme and Tom Ford Noir Extreme. I got pretty hot on the creation when Jeremy described it as a collision of a creative fruit chord with masculine scents.

Did he live up to my expectations? To answer it briefly: NO!
I was really shocked and disappointed the first time I smelled him. I hadn't written him off at the time. I wanted to give him another chance. For this reason I gave him a week to hopefully change my mind and come to terms with the shock. But unfortunately the opposite has happened. It smells like an inferior party smell with fruits from the chemistry set. It smells stinging, penetrating like a rotten fruit basket. What a wonder I haven't been bothered by fruit flies yet! I can't even identify what kind of fruit we're dealing with. A mixture of Ultra Male, Azzaro Wanted and Abercrombie & Fitch First Instinct. Jeremy spoke of "no budget limitations" and an "explosion of emotions." Emotion? Explosion? I just got emotional and exploded when I realized I spent so much money! Where is that oud from Laos, so expensive?! Where's the vetiver?! Where's the patchouli?! I can't even tell those scents. The scent works for me on the quick applauded. Without passion. Without a soul. Shortly brewed in the lunch break. In a video he also mentioned that the perfume needs time to finally "sit down" and smell better. You're serious? Then why don't you put it on the market when it's ready? I wish he'd be right, but I don't have much hope. Of course, I will let myself be disabused and will of course adjust my rating if time actually does him any good.

Compared to "Date", "Office" is a stroke of genius in perfume history, with a revolutionary fragrance character. Now times without fun the longer I argue with "Date", the more I learned to estimate "Office". "Date" is the last scent I'd consider on a date. I think that says it all.

In a nutshell: Moon price for a perfume, which is however lowest drawer.
0.5
Top Review 33
Please stop!
Jeremy...What can you say. One likes him (for whatever reason) or dislikes him (for whatever reason) but it stops here. I got a bottling of Office and Date to get a picture. Office is ok - far away from the smell of all scents as he announced. You can wear it, something is annoying (at least to me), will not get on the wish list but there are worse things. This date is really awesome. What's up? Does the Ferrari have to be inspected or why is an Invictus copy in 10x strength now sold? I wore Creed Millesime Imperial this morning and what can I say - the little sprayer of the date on my hand just ate poor Creed like the cookie monster ate the cookies. This stuff makes me nauseous and I don't want to or want to go away. Doing the dishes? No chance! I'm afraid he's staying till Christmas. Acidic, pushy, mainstream, cheap- Invictus just. It just annoys me and no it's not because of Jeremy or because I want to force the opinion of others about him. He started well, showed me many good scents that I also have in my collection, he has an idea and often right but it should have been easy for me.
5.5
Very helpful Review 16
The unofficial "Club for Men"
So there it is for a few weeks now, the second fragrance of Fragrance One. I have long been reluctant to buy this fragrance, especially because of the price of 220€, I have to admit. But now I found it quite cheap and then I hit it after all. I would like to evaluate this fragrance in an unbiased way, without letting myself be influenced by the almost invariably negative comments at my first impression. I don't like that kind of thing, and I don't think it's fair. First of all, I ask myself the question: What is my subjective expectation of a fragrance created for the man who is supposed to accompany him on a date? - For me, a date fragrance has to be dark, seductive, deep, adult, well thought-out, woody, slightly sweet, preferably (a touch) oriental (e.g. by rose, jasmine, cardamom, frankincense, sandalwood, vanilla, tonka or oud), pleasant sillage (not overwhelmingly strong but not too little) and created with devotion. The flacon may also indicate that it is a date fragrance. I wouldn't think a dark red/burgundy presentation would be bad - by the way, this is one of my personal criticisms of the presentation of Fragrance One, because all bottles are and remain apparently black. I would like to see more color to match the theme of each of the brand's fragrances. Black, for example, for an evening perfume for a "Black Tie Event". By the way, I found the transparent bottle of the second batch of Office for Men even much more fitting for the "Office" theme than the current one, just by the way...

Now let's get to the scent. I always like to smell the sprayer and the cap first to get a first impression of the perfume before it gets to my skin, a bit like opening a wine bottle. So did I this time. "What is this? Is the oud here really perceptible, contrary to what the comments so far claim," I thought. In fact, I noticed something that smelled like oud on the sprayer. Apparently this expensive oud from Laos that Jeremy always talked about in the videos. "Not bad! It can go on like this" was my positive attitude. But the first time you spray it on your forearm, you'll hear: BOOM! Fruit bomb! "What the hell just happened?! Oud, where are you?" was the next reaction. I honestly could not have perceived in the top note that it was a composition of citric fragrances á la zirtrone, bergamot and mandarin orange. What I smelled was an obsalate of overripe synthetic fruit that killed everything. Everything. Lemons and co. can be so wonderful if they only smell natural, Allure Homme Édition Blanche shows how it's done in the designer corner (even if the fragrance character is not comparable)... No, this fruit bomb was too much of a good thing, too much at once and over-zealously created. And yes, the comparison to JPG Ultra Male is definitely there. So I grabbed my Ultra Male straight out of the closet and quickly sprayed it on the other arm to compare the two times right next to each other. Somehow Date had also created something pear-like like Ultra Male in the top note, but obviously with so called "Aroma Chemicals", which are supposed to leave your impression of citrus and pear but are mixed in the lab... In any case, everything seems unnatural, synthetic and unbalanced. In direct comparison, however, Ultra Male is more pear-heavy and even sweeter than Date in the prelude. Anyway, I didn't like the date headnote at all. But cardamom, patchouli, oud and vetiver are still to follow. After about 30 minutes I still smelled top note, still fruit salad. After 45 minutes still, after 1h still top note - but stop! cardamom has actually crept up after the sweetness has withdrawn slightly. But not sweet cardamom, like from La Nuit de L'Homme, but spicier. And the rest? Well, the heart note is more or less skipped, the base note I honestly can't perceive at all, even after 5 hours not really because this top note doesn't want to disappear. But Date for Men won't last much longer, much too fast it seems to become a skin-scent. The highly praised Laotian oud may be gone or may never have appeared. I only smelled it on the sprayer once, and then never again. Not even after the second test.

I'm not sure what Jeremy Fragrance's idea of a date fragrance was. Perhaps these do not overlap with my ideas at all. But for my taste Date for Men unfortunately missed the point. With this I would like to make it clear that this is not a disastrous scent, there are far worse ones. It is certainly very safe and mainstream but my senses tell me that it is not a date fragrance. The points I listed earlier (dark, seductive, mature, thoughtful...), which m.M.n a date fragrance, were not hit. But the perfume is mainly screeching loud at the beginning and then permanently sweet. From its DNA, or from what I can perceive, it is a perfectly suitable scent for the club. Hence the title of this commentary. If it had even more sillage and durability, it would be great, honestly! Especially for the young audience, if the price was naturally more decent, it could become popular. Of course I'm curious if the community would see this in a similar way as I do or maybe have completely different ideas and opinions. Anyway, I was wondering if it was right to get Alberto Morillas on board again. Nothing against Alberto Morillas, he has truly already created great creations. But he creates a lot for the designer houses and they want mainstream and mass. Maybe that's why there's simply a lack of "uniqueness" here, which the perfume industry desperately needs, even for designer perfumes! Creativity is so important and many releases of the last years are just too flat. As a young company, Fragrance One has the great opportunity to do so. But their scent DNA is still heading in the wrong direction. Couldn't Jeremy knock on another perfumer's door? There are certainly a lot of good, creative and open-minded people who can work freely without "budget limitations". So, at least in theory, great perfume art can be created.

Date for Men is a perfume with a character suitable for 16-25 year olds, but for the age groups above it is simply too sweet and playful, not adult, not profound and youthful-naïve. After all, a date should not take place in the club ;-) But I will keep the scent, I will use it. My Ultra Male will soon be empty, so at least I have some kind of alternative. I can't say anything about compliments, but I'm not into that either. I would also like to see more courage, edge and risk from Fragrance One and I am also looking forward to the next creation for men.
Top Review 14
Topic met, expectation met.
Hello first.

So I like Date for Men. I think Alberto and Jeremy have hit the nail on the head. Namely because it smells sweet and sexy and has no exaggerated Sillage. This should then be available at "Club for Men". But I still think it's a pity that the Sillage is a little weak. Cause I'd love to wear the scent once in a while, but it's never gonna be on a date. I have a girlfriend and if that wasn't the case, and I'd go "dating" again, I'd probably put on a different scent. Probably. So topic hit - hook.

Date for Men smells like a mixture of different mainstreamers for a younger audience, as many have already mentioned here. Also on this point you have to say; people, what did you expect? Jeremy likes to recommend Wanted by night, Ultramale, Eros etc., has mostly younger "fans" and writes himself mass-compatible on the flag. So expectation met - hook. As for the announced oud - yes, he might have stacked it up a bit. On the other hand one would also have assumed that it would not bring out a mass compatible date scent for boys who smell a full pot of oud.

I smell a mixture of Wanted, Ultramale and YSL - Y. I think he's the closest he's to the Y. I'm not a fan of Wanted and Y, nor of Eros. But Date for Men is kind of good. I find it a bit more valuable than the ones mentioned above, and also make me perceive an oud. At least I think the oud contributes a good part to the overall composition, which makes the fragrance more appealing to me than Wanted and Y. It is clear that the fragrance is not unique, Office is already "uniquer". Here Jeremy clearly wanted to go safe instead of risk.

Now to the (negative) criticism: the durability and, as already mentioned, the Sillage are not so good. Not bad either. Midfield. Worse than Office for Men. Yes, after the long-lasting office and the announcement "Extrait" I also had an expectation in this point that DfM in my opinion did not fulfil.
And yes, you are all right: the regular price is much too high, almost ridiculously high. However, I must confess that I was already itching my fingers when I saw sealed flacons for 110 € in the souk.

I'm not buying it yet. 100ml is too much, too. But he could make it, shall we say, on my extended wish list. Although the fragrance is a bit teeny-like, it has something that makes it interesting and wearable for me (37 years) as well.

So, theme taken, (in terms of Jeremy's taste) odor expectation met, price too high, H&S a little bit too weak.

Bye-bye.
Top Review 14
The name says it all!
The second fragrance of Fragrance One and one can clearly see the similarity to the first fragrance "Office". The handwriting of Alberto Morillas is indisputable.

The fragrance begins with something very fruity, but at the same time quite sweet and remains in this constellation for 1-2 hours.
Date is more like a perfume for teens and I'd classify it as unisex.
When applied 1-2 splashes are definitely enough, because it looks very intense, almost obtrusive piercing; although it really smells good. (Of course, everyone rates this individually)

The development of the fragrance towards the heart note definitely takes a while.

Oud is definitely only very weakly perceptible, the sweet smell clearly dominates.

In my opinion it is a good fragrance, but as a newcomer it might be a bit too expensive. I would definitely recommend to buy a sample before you want to buy the fragrance permanently