Date for Men (2019)

Date for Men by Fragrance One

Date for Men is a new perfume by Fragrance One for men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-synthetic. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Bergamot, Mandarin, Artemisia, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmbrox, Woods, Cardamom
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Patchouli, Oud, Vetiver

Submitted by Teenewbie, last update on 23.07.2020.

I can smell the OUD
After around 3 or 4 hours after the sweetness have gone. The oud pushes through. It’s faint but it’s there. On my skin, I can smell it. The closest comparison I can make is ; the oud in it on my skin reminds me of the oud in Gucci intense oud or black afghano. No way near that strong; but it’s there, in the background. Very weak but on me, it holds the fragrance in the dry down.
Lennsen20
Not as bad as everyone says
I think it's because of Jeremy Fragrance's great proclamation that many people don't like this fragrance and give it bad reviews. Is it the best date scent ever? No, far from it! Does it at least smell interesting / unique? No, not at all( where is the oud?)! Is it affordable for his clientele; i.e. customer-oriented market price for 16-25 year old guys? At least not for the average under 20 years ! I think it's a pity because I like Jeremy Fragrance. He is brave, misinterpreted arrogance is simply his self-confidence and he is entertaining (even if every 3rd video feels like it is about Aventus, Prada L'homme and Tobacco Oud).
I just bought both fragrances in 10 ml a few weeks ago. And I was disappointed because I really thought they were a real hit, but far from it. Both are above average, everybody knows that, even those who don't want to believe it. Still doesn't suit my taste and I'm glad that I waited for the sample sizes PS: Date for Men, in contrast to almost all of them, I find it even better than Office for Men.

Golcher
I was so damn sure I was going to hate it
I got into the fragrance game mainly because of Jeremy. Seeing his videos, his top 10 and somewhat insightful comments made me passionate for fragrances however, this was a couple of years back, now I can't stand the guy. It all went down hill when he started spending more time doing push ups rather than discussing scents but we're here not to judge the guy but the frangrances.

I really enjoyed Office for Men, I was a backer in his Kickstarter campaign and even though Office isn't ground breaking it is real nice and you have to give it to Jeremy, it's a compliment monster (best compliment getter out of my 160 frags) and a great performer. When Date came out I was cautious, I wanted to listen to some reviews, some first impressions and they all pointed to a Ultra Male wannabe and I already own Ultra Male so there was no need for it, pass! When the 10ml were released I bought one out of curiosity and just as I thought, there is a lot of Ultra Male in it however, it's just the UM sweetness. It starts very citrusy and sweet but you get a gorgeous spicy feel to it, it's actually real nice!

Date for Men ended up being a nice surprise, I see why it's called Date and not Club, it's a great choice for dating if you're in your 20's but sadly it's not for people my age. I'll enjoy wearing my 10ml but not sure it's bottle worthy for someone my age, I might've rocked it 10 years ago.

PS: Laos Oud!? yeah right!

The fresh mint
Who looks and does not know him, Jeremy Fragrance. After more than a year, I finally ordered some samples and wanted to test his fragrances, which he raves about so much.
In the beginning Date for Men has something of a mint. Shortly afterwards it develops into a fragrance that strongly reminds me of a boys' dressing room, where 6435876 deodorants are sprayed together. But that was the end of the development. I have to say that I expected something between a delicious gourmand and a Creed Aventus in a date fragrance and the scents. In the end it's a rather youthful and sporty scent, where the fresh top notes predominate and the woods and musk bring a slightly animal note.

It's okay, but I expected a lot more!

Unexpected Home run
I finally received the 10mL samples of Office and Date from Fragrance One. I started out with Office and I was not very impressed frankly as it had too much of a similarity to Creed Aventus in the top and developed into Dior Sauvage, which I am not a fan of. Date had been rated even lower than Office, hence I was not expecting much.

It is hard to judge a subjective experience like a fragrance journey, well in this case it worked in its favor. I absolutely love "Date". This fragrance is, to my nose, JPG Ultra Male without the heavy amber/wood. Yes, the top notes have more citrus, I think lemon in particular is quite piercing but overall pear sits in the middle very similar to Ultra Male. Others have called it Fruit salad, but it's a joy wearing this mix! It feels invigorating with youth like A&F's First Instinct Extreme (not the scent notes but the vibe). I am older/around 40 and others have said this is a fragrance for under 25, go ahead mock me or laugh at me for liking a fragrance that is rated quite low, I don't care. I am going to rock this because I LOVE IT! Haha, totally unexpected.

The biggest reason I like Date, is that it solves the issue I have with JPG Ultra Male; I love the top notes of Ultra Male but am not a big fan when the amber and woods come out as it reminds me of sweat. I do find animalic smells sexy in general, but in Ultra Male's case it becomes this sweet sweat that I commonly associate with sweaty dudes in clubs that I don't like to smell on myself. I get this heavy amber association with sweat (of other dude and not mine) in other fragrances such as First Instinct Extreme and Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous. With Office, I do not get this problem! I cannot smell the wood like many of the other reviewers, but I don't care as I like my fruit salad to stay perky. Is it the praised Laotian wood that it's in the background working magic with ambroxan or is it just ambroxan? I don't know, but again I don't care as I know this fragrance has solved my issue with Ultra Male. I still like Ultra Male but I will probably reach out to Date more often, so I think I will buy the full bottle.

Conclusion: Date by Fragrance One was a total surprise for me. It fits everything in terms of scent, longevity (good projection for 7-8 hours and skin scent well into12+ hours). It does not evolve much on my skin, but I love the top notes and ambroxan that develops later so I'm perfectly happy with that. Finally, complements that Jeremy promised: My wife is very difficult to get compliments from. She wants me to go back to the days of having just few scents instead of 30+ that I have now, so she is more guarded in giving compliments as I would buy them while dislikes do not go unnoticed. As I like Ultra Male I have worn it during the colder months plenty of times and I still did not get unsolicited comments from my wife, which makes me think she's just ok with it. Back to the Date from Fragrance One, I sat down next to her and within 20 seconds she went "that smells nice, what is it?" Again, I do not see a reason why (other than the high price) this gem is rated so low as he is a home run for me.
5.5
Condorpilot1
The unofficial "Club for Men"
So there it is for a few weeks now, the second fragrance of Fragrance One. I have long been reluctant to buy this fragrance, especially because of the price of 220€, I have to admit. But now I found it quite cheap and then I hit it after all. I would like to evaluate this fragrance in an unbiased way, without letting myself be influenced by the almost invariably negative comments at my first impression. I don't like that kind of thing, and I don't think it's fair. First of all, I ask myself the question: What is my subjective expectation of a fragrance created for the man who is supposed to accompany him on a date? - For me, a date fragrance has to be dark, seductive, deep, adult, well thought-out, woody, slightly sweet, preferably (a touch) oriental (e.g. by rose, jasmine, cardamom, frankincense, sandalwood, vanilla, tonka or oud), pleasant sillage (not overwhelmingly strong but not too little) and created with devotion. The flacon may also indicate that it is a date fragrance. I wouldn't think a dark red/burgundy presentation would be bad - by the way, this is one of my personal criticisms of the presentation of Fragrance One, because all bottles are and remain apparently black. I would like to see more color to match the theme of each of the brand's fragrances. Black, for example, for an evening perfume for a "Black Tie Event". By the way, I found the transparent bottle of the second batch of Office for Men even much more fitting for the "Office" theme than the current one, just by the way...

Now let's get to the scent. I always like to smell the sprayer and the cap first to get a first impression of the perfume before it gets to my skin, a bit like opening a wine bottle. So did I this time. "What is this? Is the oud here really perceptible, contrary to what the comments so far claim," I thought. In fact, I noticed something that smelled like oud on the sprayer. Apparently this expensive oud from Laos that Jeremy always talked about in the videos. "Not bad! It can go on like this" was my positive attitude. But the first time you spray it on your forearm, you'll hear: BOOM! Fruit bomb! "What the hell just happened?! Oud, where are you?" was the next reaction. I honestly could not have perceived in the top note that it was a composition of citric fragrances á la zirtrone, bergamot and mandarin orange. What I smelled was an obsalate of overripe synthetic fruit that killed everything. Everything. Lemons and co. can be so wonderful if they only smell natural, Allure Homme Édition Blanche shows how it's done in the designer corner (even if the fragrance character is not comparable)... No, this fruit bomb was too much of a good thing, too much at once and over-zealously created. And yes, the comparison to JPG Ultra Male is definitely there. So I grabbed my Ultra Male straight out of the closet and quickly sprayed it on the other arm to compare the two times right next to each other. Somehow Date had also created something pear-like like Ultra Male in the top note, but obviously with so called "Aroma Chemicals", which are supposed to leave your impression of citrus and pear but are mixed in the lab... In any case, everything seems unnatural, synthetic and unbalanced. In direct comparison, however, Ultra Male is more pear-heavy and even sweeter than Date in the prelude. Anyway, I didn't like the date headnote at all. But cardamom, patchouli, oud and vetiver are still to follow. After about 30 minutes I still smelled top note, still fruit salad. After 45 minutes still, after 1h still top note - but stop! cardamom has actually crept up after the sweetness has withdrawn slightly. But not sweet cardamom, like from La Nuit de L'Homme, but spicier. And the rest? Well, the heart note is more or less skipped, the base note I honestly can't perceive at all, even after 5 hours not really because this top note doesn't want to disappear. But Date for Men won't last much longer, much too fast it seems to become a skin-scent. The highly praised Laotian oud may be gone or may never have appeared. I only smelled it on the sprayer once, and then never again. Not even after the second test.

I'm not sure what Jeremy Fragrance's idea of a date fragrance was. Perhaps these do not overlap with my ideas at all. But for my taste Date for Men unfortunately missed the point. With this I would like to make it clear that this is not a disastrous scent, there are far worse ones. It is certainly very safe and mainstream but my senses tell me that it is not a date fragrance. The points I listed earlier (dark, seductive, mature, thoughtful...), which m.M.n a date fragrance, were not hit. But the perfume is mainly screeching loud at the beginning and then permanently sweet. From its DNA, or from what I can perceive, it is a perfectly suitable scent for the club. Hence the title of this commentary. If it had even more sillage and durability, it would be great, honestly! Especially for the young audience, if the price was naturally more decent, it could become popular. Of course I'm curious if the community would see this in a similar way as I do or maybe have completely different ideas and opinions. Anyway, I was wondering if it was right to get Alberto Morillas on board again. Nothing against Alberto Morillas, he has truly already created great creations. But he creates a lot for the designer houses and they want mainstream and mass. Maybe that's why there's simply a lack of "uniqueness" here, which the perfume industry desperately needs, even for designer perfumes! Creativity is so important and many releases of the last years are just too flat. As a young company, Fragrance One has the great opportunity to do so. But their scent DNA is still heading in the wrong direction. Couldn't Jeremy knock on another perfumer's door? There are certainly a lot of good, creative and open-minded people who can work freely without "budget limitations". So, at least in theory, great perfume art can be created.

Date for Men is a perfume with a character suitable for 16-25 year olds, but for the age groups above it is simply too sweet and playful, not adult, not profound and youthful-naïve. After all, a date should not take place in the club ;-) But I will keep the scent, I will use it. My Ultra Male will soon be empty, so at least I have some kind of alternative. I can't say anything about compliments, but I'm not into that either. I would also like to see more courage, edge and risk from Fragrance One and I am also looking forward to the next creation for men.
Mass. Appeal.
What I'm going to say here probably goes against the grain for most people here, as this perfume is literally shredded in the air. How I find something wrong Is it a unique fragrance that has never been seen before and that is a work of art by Morillas?
Is it way too overpriced?
However, 95% of people who are not perfume freaks find it super good and that is exactly what Jeremy is aiming for with his brand. It's supposed to please women... and it does A fruit cocktail-like opening supported by a slight woody undertone. This fruit bomb lasts a very, very long time...unfortunately Because after 5-6 hours for me, I actually like the scent very much. Somewhat woody and not quite so youthful.

Anyway... i'm not a fan of Jeremy at all, although I liked the office very much and had given him 180€ or so for 2 bottles of the first batch in blind faith about Kickstarter and there I was not disappointed. Had I done the same here, I would have been disappointed despite my previous statement, because I really liked the notebreakdown.

Date?
Ok guys, I picked this one.
My Thoughts:
- Mass appealing
- Compliments Magnet
- Great sillage and Longevity
- Versatile and juvenile
- Not unique (very similar to Azzaro Wanted by Night and Ultramale PR)
- I paid $85 for a bottle, please do not pay the retail price since is overpriced.
- it's a keeper.
8/10
Date for Boys
After I liked some of Alberto Morillas' fragrances very much, and I also really liked office for men, I wanted to try date for men. But here I was disappointed.
The bottle is exactly the same. So cheapest cap, but good sprayer
The fragrance is mainly fruity at the beginning. Very quickly, however, youthful sweetness is added, which makes the fragrance almost unisex. The fragrance then remains fruity sweet creamy for quite a long time until it becomes somewhat woody at the end. But I don't take anything from oud at all.

In any case, in my opinion, the fragrance should only be worn under 30 years of age, as it is not masculine enough. Besides, it does not fit to a chic date with fine clothes, because it is too casual.
Durability and sillage are ok.

Reminds you a bit of le male ultra male, wanted and invictus, but which cost much less and appeal to the same audience.

In itself, the smell is therefore certainly not bad. But I am too old for the fragrance and the fragrance for what it is too expensive
FranzNV
Too loud and too expensive
The smell itself is not really bad.
But he's just too pushy Sometimes I'd rather mix it with water to make it lighter.. I wouldn't dare wear it on a date He's really too loud for that and no "mass appealing" scent I find.
For his real price, I would rate him even worse.
But I think nobody paid the full price, because I saw that there were several and different actions.

Dan81Dan81 64 days ago
Ultra Male with enhanced top notes and less ambery/sweaty dry down from Ambrox. Crispier and more linear, more synthetic but great performer
GolcherGolcher 88 days ago
Quite nice, does any one else get a Layton feel? like this is Jeremys attempt to create the Layton of this line
Carlitos01Carlitos01 118 days ago
Laotian Oud is promised but it's nowhere to be found. A sweet fruity opening followed by a heavy cardamom. A mix of Ultra Mâle and Wanted.

Sonnenuntergang im Glas.
by Nage
by Nage
by ScentaClaus7
by ScentaClaus7
by Estbienla
by Estbienla

Popular Fragrance One

Office for Men by Fragrance One Unisex for Everybody by Fragrance One Day for Women by Fragrance One Night for Women by Fragrance One