Caru by Garden of Ireland 2009

Caru by Garden of Ireland by Fragrances of Ireland
Caru by Garden of Ireland is a perfume by Fragrances of Ireland for women and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberryRaspberry
LycheeLychee
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesiaFreesia
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
RoseRose
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
PatchouliPatchouli
VanillaVanilla
VetiverVetiver
CedarCedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 31.08.2019.

Stone walls and earth
Stone walls, earth and berries. In the beginning AugstA smells glue, alcohol. Then the scent becomes increasingly ambered and mineral. Herb-sour berry, a steamed fruit cream. Dark.
I'm sure it's nice for autumn, Caru's a bit dull in sound. Like leaves on the ground swallowing the sounds. Stone walls and earth again.
A fragrance full of character, somewhere between oriental sounds and nature observation.
2.5

Loud Lychee Leprauchaun
The description inside my sample cardholder which came directly from Fragrances of Ireland says
"Lit with last warmth of summer's sun
woods red with leaves and branched with berries
All wrapped up, crunching underfoot
Walking with you, pure love in the clear air"

Caru starts out quite strong and "perfumey" smelling to my nose, it takes a few minutes to get passed the alcohol/fixative in this fragrance. Lychee is on the top and I will admit upfront, while I love the taste of real lychee fruit, the synthetic lychee note in fragrances has not worked out for me, notably, "Fresh Lychee Sugar" and Mistral's "Lychee Rose" ended up being used to deodorize my trash bins outside. Caru adds a good amount of juicy red berries in and helps to sedate the lychee, but there is a pungency about this fragrance that I do not enjoy. Underneath the fruity top, I find a very solid well-structured Lily-of the-valley and rose combination that is feminine in that classic 80s loud and flashy style. After the initial drydown, I'm detecting a hairspray type accord along with a bit of rather linear amber and vetiver, just a pinch of patchouli. I feel more like a little mythical old fae from the shire, picking berries and hiding pots of gold than I do alluring, with this one on. I am sure this is somebody's all time favorite fragrance, but it is neither novel or appealing to my nose. It the sillage is commendable at about 1-2 ft. and it would probably be ok from a distance, but I can tell already that my DH is annoyed with it, the whole mood of the room dropped when I walked in with this one on...I'll pass.

Popular Fragrances of Ireland

Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland Connemara by Fragrances of Ireland Innisfree by Fragrances of Ireland Inis Arose by Fragrances of Ireland Inis - the energy of the sea by Fragrances of Ireland Inis Ór by Fragrances of Ireland Garden of Ireland - Farmhouse Lemonade by Fragrances of Ireland Sonas by Garden of Ireland by Fragrances of Ireland Inis Moonlight by Fragrances of Ireland Garden of Ireland - Sweet Lavender by Fragrances of Ireland Garden of Ireland - Morning Rose by Fragrances of Ireland Garden of Ireland - Heather & Moss by Fragrances of Ireland