Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
Patrick is a popular perfume by Fragrances of Ireland for men and was released in 1999. The scent is fougère-fresh. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesFougère notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesFloral notes, Carnation, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesMoss, Musk, Patchouli, Vetiver

Submitted by Baeumchen, last update on 25.02.2021.

FvSpee
Colonial Goods XIX - In Brief: No seasoning.
If you wear Patrick Cologne in Ireland, you are, as can be read (among others in ElPosto's funny little comment from the day before yesterday) probably safe in a huge community. Because not only is St. Patrick the Irish national saint, Patrick Cologne is probably also actually something like the Irish national (men's) scent.

On the European continent, you can still feel like an elitist niche scout with this fragrance - although it also already has 56 users here. This is probably due to the fact that Patrick is apparently not available in stationary trade in Germany. As far as I know, you can only get him from "Ireland-Shops" on the internet (namely derirlandshop.de and gruene-insel.de - references without guarantee, I have never ordered in these two shops) as well as, (still) somewhat more inexpensive, with the on-line dealer "British Shop", which interprets "British" not in the sense of the "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" but in the geographical sense of the British islands and therefore also many Irish articles of clothing in the assortment has (and evenly also a few British smells as Nebenangebot).

Patrick is a really beautiful fragrance and an almost touchingly exemplary example of a hyper-classic Fougère-Cologne. He seems on the one hand a little retro, because he reminds at first sniff of the 80-ies chest hair toupee fougère fragrance wave. But when you take a closer look, it's different. Because those 80's fougères were mostly spice fougères, and Patrick is decidedly not that. That's why I also find the fragrance twin "Paco Rabanne pH" (as is usually the case with fragrance twins here) completely misleading. The "brown side", the strong dose of clary sage and rosemary, is missing here.

Patrick is instead a fougère green as green can be. To that end, it features a few gorgeous floral wisps that, while they don't change the fact that it's a men's fragrance par excellence for millions of Irishmen and for me, apparently make it more connectable to the ladies. Under my statement from a couple of weeks ago, yes, some fan letters have been left by the female stadium curve. In the base (which is to be understood here less in the sense of a temporal course than in the sense of the fragrance structure) comes an already soft Irish moss to it, on which one would like to walk barefoot and which gives a delicate sweet accent to it.

Conclusion: A very fresh, very Irish, very green, quite classic (but with a soft-mossy twist), very masculine (but with a flower in the buttonhole) beautiful Fougèrecologne at a rather small price (British Shop: 32.90 euros for the 100 ml spray bottle), with which you certainly do not smell extravagant, but already a bit conspicuous (except in Ireland), but with which you feel above all pudelwohl and spread well-being around you.
ElPosto
Where is the f*cking dolphin?
2003. Summer. In a year I have my high school diploma and the serious of life will begin after that.
But that's a year from now. Now is now. Now I sit in Dingle at breakfast and listen to the stories of the Dingle natives.
They are just great; the stories . And the people.

One story says that in the bay of Dingle lives a dolphin and shows up now and then .

At a later hour I look out at the bay together with an all american girl, a student with indian roots, some cliché-high-school-footballers, my fellow traveler and 3-4 irish employees of the hostel where we spent the night. We are all pretty drunk and/or stoned and I slip out the sentence mentioned in the headline.
Everyone laughs. Except the Irish.

The thing they do - and I swear I know this to this day - is smell the same. It felt like 50 percent of all Irish men smelled the same anno 2003.
Since I call the above fragrance my own, I also know what they smelled like and why.
"Patrick is simply good. And yes.... somehow also a bit as one imagines Ireland. Green and fresh and tart. And sometimes also a little bit sweet.

When I put it on I feel good around my heart and I wish I would stand at this bay again. And I know I will. Someday.

I can't wait to come home...

Patrick - Fragrances of Ireland
Patrick from Fragrances of Ireland has been around a long time, sells at a great price and has received lots of praise. Here is my take on this fouler style scent.

Irish Spring...
I could go into great detail on individual notes with Patrick, but the bottom line is this smells nearly identical to Irish Spring soap. For those not familiar with the very popular brand, it is very green provided by gobs of fern at its heart with a mossy, musky base using vetiver and patchouli to provide a dirty undertone to the complete package. Patrick is very minimalist and extremely "masculine" smelling. Projection and longevity are both excellent.

Patrick is probably going to be a bit of a "love it or hate it" kind of scent as your loving it depends greatly on whether you enjoy Irish Spring soap. I grew up using the stuff and always liked the scent so I guess I am in the "love it" camp. That said, Patrick is just a tad disappointing because if I wanted to smell like Irish Spring I would use the soap at an even lower cost than the relatively inexpensive $26 a 100ml bottle price of Patrick. On the flip side, if you are looking for a good compliment to the soap and want that scent reinforced for the whole day, then look no further as this is about as close as you will ever find. Patrick earns a "good" 3 to 3.5 stars out of 5 and is recommended at its relatively low price point.

jtd
Now that my fav fougere Troisièmme Homme has been edited, buy this.
I love angular fougères. I've written that so many times on basenotes it feels like a mantra. If anyone is still producing encyclopedias in hard-bound book form (do they still exist?) the entry for fougère should have a scratch-and-sniff of Patrick. Others here on Basenotes have described it better than I can, so I'll just say that it's remarkably concise yet expressive. It so perfectly captures the soapiness, that defining attribute of the best fougères. It is exuberant yet simple, soapy yet earthy. These dualities make it not just interesting, but conversational.

The coumarin/lavender/musk balance is flawless, but Patrick, for all its simplicity and directness makes me marvel at the slow sleight of hand that takes place. The hay-like, singing fougère moves from barbershop about 2 paces into the realm of the green chypre. Spectacular transition! The coumarin, initially so closely held to the lavender and musk, joins hands with the moss, and turns around to look at you with a laughing smile.

Another spectacular, underestimated fragrance I discovered in the "Unsung Treasures" forum of Bassenotes. Sensationally inexpensive, potent, long-lasting and easy to wear as an everyday fragrance.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 6 months ago
If you don't know what a fougère scent is, this is a fougère scent. Green, mossy, musky, earthy. Manly and elegant. Quite old fashion.

Popular Fragrances of Ireland

Connemara by Fragrances of Ireland Innisfree by Fragrances of Ireland Inis Arose by Fragrances of Ireland Inis - the energy of the sea by Fragrances of Ireland Caru by Garden of Ireland by Fragrances of Ireland Garden of Ireland - Farmhouse Lemonade by Fragrances of Ireland Inis Ór by Fragrances of Ireland Sonas by Garden of Ireland by Fragrances of Ireland Inis Moonlight by Fragrances of Ireland Garden of Ireland - Sweet Lavender by Fragrances of Ireland Garden of Ireland - Morning Rose by Fragrances of Ireland Garden of Ireland - Heather & Moss by Fragrances of Ireland