Under My Skin 2017

Under My Skin by Francesca Bianchi
Under My Skin is a popular perfume by Francesca Bianchi for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-animal. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

GrapefruitGrapefruit LavenderLavender Black pepperBlack pepper SpicesSpices Bulgarian roseBulgarian rose CarnationCarnation Orris butterOrris butter MuskMusk CastoreumCastoreum AmbergrisAmbergris LeatherLeather CostusCostus Tonka beanTonka bean Tolu balmTolu balm Peru balsamPeru balsam Mysore sandalwoodMysore sandalwood VanillaVanilla Tree mossTree moss

Submitted by Cassandra, last update on 27.09.2022.

7 in-depth fragrance descriptions
"Going to Shower....."
I don't know if that's still the custom today, but in my youth there were countless, rather stupid versions of the Beatles classic "Yesterday". So my life partner also invented one and always liked to recite it to me when I had just come from the riding stable. "Go take a shower, I finally have to go take a shower again, I come home and I stink of horse..." he would sing, and then I knew, okay, I really shouldn't necessarily stay like that, he doesn't like that.

The fact is, the stable, in which I went during my study 1x per week to the riding hour and rode school horses, was also not the Allersaubererste. Keyword mattress manure. Only the visible excrement of the proud animals is removed. Everything else stays in. That saves bedding and keeps you nice and warm in winter. And it was exactly this smell that got stuck in my clothes and hair and I brought it home with me weekly, so - take a shower.

With Under My Skin unfolds after a first medical start, which initially makes me think of hospitals and dental offices, exactly this smell. Acrid ammonia mixed with the natural smell of a horse. Without that ammonia-like note, which I can only speculate as to which ingredient causes it, we would have a subtle, relatively authentic smell of a horse stable. And this one lingers, too. With the animalics of musk, castoreum and ambergris employed here, I'm not with humans at all, but clearly with animals. This is what warm horse fur smells like. Many other reviewers had already mentioned the typical Bianchi fur note. In Under My Skin, it is appropriately pronounced and even very pleasant to my nose once the initial surge of mattress has dissipated.

I can only guess at the numerous florals incorporated here. Iris butter I still let pass. I can perceive. But what connects the fragrance for me also clearly with the riding stable and just not the human togetherness, are the base notes, which provide here for a fine and warm sweetness. Especially vanilla, tonka and tolu balsam make me once again think of leather care oil or grease, which is also abundantly used in riding stables. The pronounced beeswax note as in Mane is missing here, but it is enough for the association of saddle care. A little reminds me this fine-sweet stock also of the lip balm of Weleda, if someone knows.

Yeah, I admit it. I kind of like what I perceive here. Even though it would be unthinkable for me to perfume myself with a scent like Under My Skin. Unless maybe I want to intentionally annoy my partner so he'll go back to singing "go shower....."

Many thanks to my dear Basti for the sample. Unfortunately it didn't turn out to be a review, but I hope you still enjoyed reading it.
UntermWert
Take your time, I'm here.
I have now tested it for several days. My first Bianchi. In the course of my excursions into the Animalik. This one is supposed to have it in itself.

First contact: In the context of a sample order first only briefly sprayed on a paper strip, times sniffed (aha, so this is the one they are all so excited about, yaa, quite nice.... soso) and left in the envelope (and forgotten), while I tried to fend off the wildly cuddly soft bears (same sample order: Bal d'Afrique and The Muse) and would spend a few longer days in the Abreitszimmer.
At first, I was irritated by the lovely curl I noticed during my online training and couldn't quite place in the room. Until I realized it was the test strip that was still lying around there somewhere, and the sample bottle that smelled from the bubble envelope. Feeling lovingly woozy, I bravely sprayed a dab onto a finger and then very gently dabbed my wrist. From my first excursions into animalics, I had come to the realization that with very sparing dosage, one can have really good, pleasant and sensual scent experiences with this kind of perfume (and in fact, so far, it seems to have saved me from falling into potential cesspools - even though I'm only at the beginning of getting to know it in this regard - but hey, I've also surfed the wave of Ambilux).... where was I? Oh yes, and this Bianchi is also said to be bursting with animalism and passion. So always slowly with Mrs. UntermWert.

First fragrance experience "on Skin": at the beginning latent medical, scratchy-sweet prelude with lavender, spices and black pepper. A strong appearance, the animalic notes of musk and castoreum are latently present, give the fragrance character from the start, and it reminds a bit of the powerful orientals that many a proud woman in my environment wore when I was a child. I can't smell out all the given notes individually. I'm enveloped in a spicy-floral, resinous-sandy veil held by creamy musk. So self-assuredly proud of its first appearance, the fragrance begins to blend more and more with the skin. But I find this one subliminally humanizing. To my mind, the animalic note is more the supporting component of the scent (a friend confirmed this when she sniffed my forearm with interest), not a sweatier entrance. However, neither is it as subtle-bodied as my other dear musky scents (Muschio Nobile, Le Musc & La Peau), which remain primarily alone with me, but also shows presence. This is quite interesting, because the fragrance is so soft in the process and does not thunder around.

And then the fragrance takes me by the hand and walks a bit with me through my life. Stops now and then and presents me with an image - from a scene in which I felt comfortable. Most of the time I can not really grasp it.

Second fragrance impression: convinced I am not yet. Am but the opinion, I would do well to know an explicitly animalic fragrance in my collection, and this one is pleasing enough not to banish me to a separate building wing at home. This one is definitely nice and pleasant. Meanwhile, it won't hurt if I use it again sometime to get to know it even better. This time I'm not so restrained and venture a few spirited sprays "behind the ear". I hear myself thinking that I probably want to buy the fragrance.

Third scent impression: I go to work wearing a, on a sunny spring day, very pleasing woody synthete (Molecule 234-38). Very good choice. A wonderfully pleasant companion through the day that caresses but does not disturb. Brings calmness. In times like these sensationally stabilizing, grounding. Perfect.
I think on my jacket have caught at the bottom of the sleeve from the previous day a few fragrance molecules of Under my Skin, which nestle in the meantime every now and then to my wrist and remind me how nice it is to be wrapped in this fragrance.

As the day progresses, I test something else. Ok.

In the evening on the couch, that sweet scent memory rises to my nose again. Where does that come from now again? At some point I realize: from my sofa cushion from the night before.
I pull out the bottling. It has slowly crept its way into my heart. Connected with me and made me miss him.

I read somewhere here that you should give the fragrance time, eventually something awakens. Yes!

And that is the real seduction.
Isolani
Lay all your love on me...
Like when you walk old paths again,
invites "Under my skin to a Gang
through long forgotten areas
of your life so far.
You've been here before, just,
it used to look different!

Passing construction wagons,
extinguished fires,
and the range,
where the animals live.

Areas that belong to you,
that, sweet as bitter,
Part of your own story.

Of course it goes through rough terrain,
and over the years some things have grown,
the paths are lined with many things:

- of wild roses and chamomile, lavender and holy cabbage,
- old paper with both questions and answers, written with fat, blood and tears,
- Medical: the small and large containers in which were the sweetness of the placebos and also the sharpness of the wound healing and cleansing tinctures.
- of love, all-encompassing, written from rose petals.
- Of beautiful, powdered, tender and gentle people, with long lashes, light blue eyes and big hearts.
- Of finely woven nets that connect everything, invisible.
- the bang in the night that makes you drive up scared.
- music columns: the harp concerto by Georg Friedrich Händel, B major, 1st movement,
or "Whatever your dreams are" - The dogs.
- of set characters: physical as well as pictorial...
- of admonishers, wise men and shamans who pointed out early on that it was time to see the wounds in order to heal them.

A fragrance of a great depth
and an exciting, changing course.
The durability is enormous, the Sillage room-filling,
both even after hours...
so the almost 100 € for 30 ml are appropriate.
The story that this perfume can tell,
is priceless anyway.

I compare "Under my skin" in some respects with "Smolderose" -
the great summer love -
that's a very! big compliment
and ennobles "Under my skin" .
It consists in this comparison,
is sweeter throughout and a trace softer.

He doesn't get under my skin,
that do other scents stronger.
He's gonna get on my heart.
It's love.
He's moving in with me.

Lay all your love on me.

Rosie88
White sheets, naked skin, warm bodies...
Fragrance perfume fair September 2019 in Florence:

Outside nice and warm 28-30 degrees with blue sky and sunshine... Inside a pleasant 18-20 degrees... Not overcrowded, but well attended was the Fragranze on that sunday...

So Francesca Bianchi was also represented among several perfumers and had a small stand in the middle of the turmoil... You couldn't miss the booth...

Up to now I had only tested your Lover's Tale, which possesses an enoooorme radiance and endurance... The Lover's Tale is really too strong, too wild, too smoky, too animalistic, too masculine and too extravagant for me - even if it is really very well done, one must not forget that...
... and yes, I really like strong and distinctive scents, but Lover's Tale really blew me away ;-P

So I still had the bad scent of Lover's Tale in my head and so I approached the scents of Francesca Bianchi with great care ;-)

Under my Skin was last and these were and are my impressions:

The opening on my skin is resinous, sweet with various spices... Not pungently spicy, but very skilfully coordinated, embedded in buttery iris and balsamic resins... In addition there are animal vapours, which are neither sweaty nor faecal, no they are again very skilfully dosed and absolutely harmonious... it "humanizes" animal-like... you know what I mean?
I would even go so far as to say it smells intimate: naked skin on white sheets, the bodies rubbing against each other, warm, erotic and a little wicked? (no body fluids or similar)

Later, soft leather sounds are added, as if the naked bodies were no longer stretched on white sheets, but on the finest Italian leather... the smell of leather on naked skin makes me somehow washy, it just smells incredibly sexy and beautiful...

Later, the scent becomes tamer and sweeter... Vanilla, sandalwood and tonka bean merge into one and surround the delicate animal scent... are wonderfully creamy and fluffy, soft and flattering on my skin...

All in all a wonderful and intimate fragrance for me, which I would not want to miss anymore...
In the meantime I have added Under my Skin to my collection and every time I wear it I am overwhelmed and fascinated...

The only negative point is that the Sillage is rather tender and close to my skin - and the durability is not sooo high (about 5 hours) - but then you can spray a little bit more ;-)

Thank you Francesca Bianchi for this wonderful fragrance :-)
Serenissima
the animal tugs at the chain
Still haven't managed to come to an agreement with "Under my Skin".
We could star in a remake of "They Kissed and They Slapped!"

I don't even remember when Can777 bottled me that sample. He knows me well, therefore knows how to irritate my senses, but also what he can not expect me.
So I owe him extraordinary fragrance experiences; experiences beyond the fragrance spectrum that seems possible with such a petite, no longer young blonde.

And now "Under my Skin":
The scent of the unknown beast inside me, trying to get through my skin to possess me so completely.
I guess Francesca Bianchi and I are two opposites after all; "best buddies" we'll never be.
But it's worth a try to get closer to "Under my Skin" through words.

First of all, the delicacy of Lavender is surprising. She herself describes her amazement when she realized that in lavender lies the key to fragrance: Francesca describes herself as a "lavender-hater."
So its endearing yet elegant aroma mingles with that of fresh grapefruit before the first fragrance fireworks explode:
Black pepper powers off, a group of powerful spices in tow. Caraway, clove, and other specs seem to be in the mix. I suspect a hint of saffron, too.
Fine clove blossoms with their slightly old-fashioned charm and ripe roses dedicated to love with wide-open velvety flower heads find themselves after this powerful opening to a feminine, slightly powdery heart; for iris is also in root and butter.
Glowing heat and velvety, moist skin seem to find their counterparts here.
The impetuous beast pulls at its chain, rolls in a mixture of castoreum and leather, shows its claws: The air vibrates, animalism spreads, tries to subdue.
This display of power is soothed by balsamic notes; the growl turns to a soft purr as the base classics of the fragrance world emerge.
Sandalwood scratches at the senses, oakmoss spicily represents the primal power of the earth that seeks to unite man and beast.
Two become one here and the one consists of both!
The, despite the purr still bubbling eroticism in the fragrance, the fire burning under the skin are finally covered by a soft sensual shell of musk, exciting vanilla and tonka bean.
Sluggishly lies the just raging in me beast in the rumpled pillows and blinks almost peacefully and slightly sleepy in the final shower of amber: small shining stars become dancing swirls of light, before they dissolve and subordinate to the entire powerful fragrance composition.

"Under my Skin" is erotic, very seductive, but also holds a mystery that does not reveal itself to me.
The exceptionally long shelf life and the force of the sillage force me to surrender.
The bottling left to me is now empty due to my numerous attempts to live with this creature; the predator cage with this beautiful animal will remain locked in the future.

After several attempts at different times, I must admit: "Under my Skin" is exciting, but too exhausting for me!