1270 2008

1270 by Frapin
7.9 / 10 385 Ratings
1270 is a popular perfume by Frapin for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top Notes Candied bitter orange peelCandied bitter orange peel PrunePrune RaisinRaisin HazelnutHazelnut CoffeeCoffee CocoaCocoa Tonka beanTonka bean
Heart Notes Heart Notes SpicesSpices Linden treeLinden tree PepperPepper Grape blossomGrape blossom ImmortelleImmortelle
Base Notes Base Notes Precious woodsPrecious woods Gaiac woodGaiac wood VanillaVanilla White honeyWhite honey

Perfumers

Submitted by Chemist, last update on 29.01.2023.

10 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Very helpful Review 7
Fruit bread and a hot chocolate!
Surprise! Once again a review of a dessert fragrance from me. But here we have something very special. The manufacturer Frapin is actually in its core competence manufacturer of very noble cognac and the name 1270 is the founding year of this French company. Almost all perfumes of this brand always contain scent components of the wood direction and a more or less violent impact in the alcohol direction. This is very reminiscent of high-quality wines or even Cognac, which matures in noble wooden barrels for many years until perfection.

1270 starts with a very tart plum and also the orange is well perceptible. There is also a whole basket of nuts and raisins. With this perception I always think of a delicious fruit bread, still quite warm from the oven. To add a bit of variety, the flowers and spices are there at some point, but the fruit bread doesn't quite want to disappear. Subtly, but not dominantly, a chocolate note can also be sniffed out, which now pushes the scent in a creamy direction. Gentle woods, a little honey and some vanilla then provide a lovely end of the fragrance.

The only downer (and already again alcohol) is unfortunately the not so long shelf life. More than 4 - 5 hours you can not expect. Restrictively I must say, however, that I have tested the fragrance at seeeehr cold temperatures. In spring and summer, so the durability could still change something.

Conclusion: well, yes that is as always a matter of taste. I like fragrances with a delicious and sweet alcohol note. In addition, the vanilla in this high-quality form with me always goes. Also the sour fruits at the beginning with the chocolate note I feel delicious. Therefore, at this point as always my advice: Let your nose decide. Should you be a fan of the aforementioned fragrance description, then 1270 is certainly not a bad buy.

Helpful Review 6
My Sweetest Holiday Weakness
Scentrack
Serge Gainsbourg – I Want To Feel Crazy

Occupation of my heart and my mind in three shots...

Shot no. 1
Ambre Russe was ready to accompany me on the cold foggy streets of Zagreb, and to finally leave the perfume shop. But the perfume Gods changed the plan. I met 1270 for the first time. Love at first sniff... under the spell. The smell of an old town apartment. Winter, cognac, armchair, housecoat. Russian amber just had to wait.

Shot no. 2
Cold, sunny December day. No wind. Standing in black coat with black sunglasses, drinking coffee and watching the sea that moved like liquid gold. Similar to Tarkovsky's Solyaris. 1270 mixed with the smell of coffee. I could sense the illusion of time flow. Like an atmosphere of Dubrovnik-born Vojnovi?'s drama "Dusk". The moment of introspection. Quartz purity of the mind.

Shot no. 3
Christmas party with my friends in a bar. Happiness is everywhere. 1270 is perfectly melted with alcohol fumes of my glass. Life is good and nose is saturated.

1270, a perfect companion.

Rating: 10/10

More on Scentimentalwords

Very helpful Review 4
Overpriced boozy-gourmand
A mixture of a decent male woody-boozy cologne with some fruity gourmand, rather "orange" overtones. Not bad, but somehow 1270 doesn't meet my expectations. The drydown is synthetic and far too sweet for me. I personally wouldn't want to wear it - and I wouldn't like to smell it on a man either, there are so many better fragrances around, especially when you are ready to cash out a lot of money. A disappointment.

Helpful Review 6
Savoir vivre
So, a fragrance from my beloved house of cognac, Frapin! I received this sample as a gift and immediately had to sniff it, and the day after I had an important meeting and I chose this one to wear. It made me feel confident, somehow as the guy who knows there are moments for cognac to be drunk and other moments for cognac to be in your wrists and neck and be felt by the people around you...
Lightly spicy, lightly sweet. Different, no doubt! Exquisite, as a cognac should be. And I enjoyed the coffee note. But not too long lasting...It reminded me definitely of french country in september and the french touch of life and "savoir vivre"!

Helpful Review 4
Butterscotch...
One of only a couple gourmands that I can honestly say I like. To me, the scent has a butterscotch note that hangs around throughout. I really like that note and recommend the scent to others that do as well. That said, I find it hard to visualize a wide range of situations where this scent could be used... Nice scent, just limited wearability. Longevity is very good on 1270. 3 to 3.5 stars out of 5.
More reviews

6 short views on the fragrance
VictorREVictorRE 1 year ago
Amazing scent. I wish it was stronger.
FragaddictedFragaddicted 1 year ago
Gorgeous is putting it mildly... this scent defies flowery prose. A true masterpiece.
ItchynoseItchynose 4 years ago
Raisins, prunes and spices floating in honey. Sweet, fruity and cozy but performance is suspect.
HejaHeja 7 years ago
Fruity, sweet and warm. Lovely!
Blako11Blako11 2 years ago
Quizás algo lineal para segura para disfrutar en intimidad. Rica y dulce.
More statements

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

19 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Frapin

L'Humaniste by Frapin Caravelle Épicée by Frapin Passion Boisée by Frapin Terre de Sarment by Frapin Paradis Perdu by Frapin 1270 Extrême by Frapin The Orchid Man by Frapin Isle of Man by Frapin 1697 (Absolu de Parfum) by Frapin Speakeasy by Frapin Esprit de Fleurs by Frapin Nevermore by Frapin If by R.K. by Frapin 1697 (Eau de Parfum) by Frapin Bois Blanc by Frapin Checkmate by Frapin Laskarina by Frapin