1270 by Frapin

1270 is a popular perfume by Frapin for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is gourmand-sweet. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCandied orange peel, Prune, Raisin, Hazelnut, Coffee, Cocoa, Tonka bean
Heart Notes Heart NotesSpices, Linden tree, Pepper, Grape blossom, Immortelle
Base Notes Base NotesPrecious woods, Gaiac wood, Vanilla, White honey

Submitted by Chemist, last update on 13.06.2019

8.0 5.0 3.0 9.5/10

1270 Frapin
Here is my youtube review for one of the first niche fragrances i ever bought, 1270 by Frapin. I hope you find it informative and useful, and feel free to comment.

9.0 6.0 8.0 10.0/10

My Sweetest Holiday Weakness
Scentrack
Serge Gainsbourg – I Want To Feel Crazy

Occupation of my heart and my mind in three shots...

Shot no. 1
Ambre Russe was ready to accompany me on the cold foggy streets of Zagreb, and to finally leave the perfume shop. But the perfume Gods changed the plan. I met 1270 for the first time. Love at first sniff... under the spell. The smell of an old town apartment. Winter, cognac, armchair, housecoat. Russian amber just had to wait.

Shot no. 2
Cold, sunny December day. No wind. Standing in black coat with black sunglasses, drinking coffee and watching the sea that moved like liquid gold. Similar to Tarkovsky's Solyaris. 1270 mixed with the smell of coffee. I could sense the illusion of time flow. Like an atmosphere of Dubrovnik-born Vojnovi?'s drama "Dusk". The moment of introspection. Quartz purity of the mind.

Shot no. 3
Christmas party with my friends in a bar. Happiness is everywhere. 1270 is perfectly melted with alcohol fumes of my glass. Life is good and nose is saturated.

1270, a perfect companion.

Rating: 10/10

More on Scentimentalwords
7.5 5.0 6.0/10

Savoir vivre
So, a fragrance from my beloved house of cognac, Frapin! I received this sample as a gift and immediately had to sniff it, and the day after I had an important meeting and I chose this one to wear. It made me feel confident, somehow as the guy who knows there are moments for cognac to be drunk and other moments for cognac to be in your wrists and neck and be felt by the people around you...
Lightly spicy, lightly sweet. Different, no doubt! Exquisite, as a cognac should be. And I enjoyed the coffee note. But not too long lasting...It reminded me definitely of french country in september and the french touch of life and "savoir vivre"!
5.0 5.0 10.0 7.0/10

Butterscotch...
One of only a couple gourmands that I can honestly say I like. To me, the scent has a butterscotch note that hangs around throughout. I really like that note and recommend the scent to others that do as well. That said, I find it hard to visualize a wide range of situations where this scent could be used... Nice scent, just limited wearability. Longevity is very good on 1270. 3 to 3.5 stars out of 5.
7.0 8.0 8.0 7.0/10

Overpriced boozy-gourmand
A mixture of a decent male woody-boozy cologne with some fruity gourmand, rather "orange" overtones. Not bad, but somehow 1270 doesn't meet my expectations. The drydown is synthetic and far too sweet for me. I personally wouldn't want to wear it - and I wouldn't like to smell it on a man either, there are so many better fragrances around, especially when you are ready to cash out a lot of money. A disappointment.
7.0/10

Woody/Spicy Miracle
What a woody one!Everyone who likes brandy liqueur should have this.It is like having a bottle of brandy in a perfume.it's earthy,ground-woody or forest woody,i suppose.Smells like you are in a winery with all the barrels full of wine.Nice and one of its kind.It is strong,long lasting and has nice drying down.The fact is that as time passes gets sweeter and honeyed.The opening is quite different from the base aromas.It's certainly a unisex oriental.

Itchynose 132 days ago
Raisins, prunes and spices floating in honey. Sweet, fruity and cozy but performance is suspect.+1
5.0
9.0
Heja 4 years ago
Fruity, sweet and warm. Lovely!+1
10.0
Hermesh 4 years ago
Dried fruits, spices and woods evoke notions of an amber-coloured Cognac fragrance.
5.0

by Nyze29
by Thais
by Thais

Popular Frapin

1270 by Frapin L'Humaniste by Frapin Caravelle Épicée by Frapin 1697 (Absolu de Parfum) by Frapin Terre de Sarment by Frapin Paradis Perdu by Frapin Passion Boisée by Frapin Speakeasy by Frapin Esprit de Fleurs by Frapin Nevermore by Frapin The Orchid Man by Frapin Isle of Man by Frapin 1697 (Eau de Parfum) by Frapin Laskarina by Frapin If by R.K. by Frapin