L'Humaniste 2009

L'Humaniste by Frapin
L'Humaniste is a popular perfume by Frapin for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCitrus notes, Bergamot, Cardamom, Pink pepper, Black pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesJuniper, Nutmeg, Thyme, Peony
Base Notes Base NotesGin, Oakmoss, Tonka bean

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 10.04.2021.

All too human
For a brief moment - while it's in the strike zone - the Humaniste is a fine mix of crystalline and liquid, like when you crack the shell of a throat lozenge and the syrup pours out.
For the rest of the time it's skinny aromatic gin and faded flowers, a high street formula promoted to niche.
MickeyRourke
A brief burst of enthusiasm and summer
If you can count a fragrance to the fraction of graceful fresh summer fragrances, then that's Frapin L'Humaniste - but only conditionally.

After I got my bottling and took the first two sprays, it immediately rattled in my head. Finally it's the weekend, it's Saturday early in the morning, the sun, the morning still fresh air and the chirping of birds have already woken me up. I feel motivated, looking forward to my coffee, to a hearty breakfast and to what Saturday will bring me. There are no obligations today, the day and the world are open to me. I take a quick shower, jump into my casual clothes and purposefully reach for L'Humaniste.

A citrus-fresh cloud envelops me immediately, bergamot unites with cardamom and pepper, a slight spice already announces itself in the background. If you know it, you will also notice juniper and nutmeg. That prelude is quickly underpinned by a floral note. The base again requires knowledge of its components, but then these can also be recognized. Gin and especially the slightly creamy effect of tonka bean make their pact with the already noticed peony and keep everything else on track. I feel in a good mood and motivated.

What still preoccupied me after the first sprays was the question of where I just know this fragrance from, and it didn't take long before it clicked too. It was the memory of Allure Homme Edition Blanche and Sport, and that was definitely not because I had already read that in other posts.

Yes, I really liked starting a summery day with these scents. Then after about two hours of L'Humaniste and repeated sniffs, I came to the question, do you really have to have L'Humaniste?

Because what remains of the first experience, the associations and the description, is on balance only a brief touch of enthusiasm and summer. Although the fragrance itself is quite an experience, but unfortunately it is over as quickly as the round in a Porsche GT2 RS on the Nordschleife - ten minutes of enthusiasm, adrenaline and a great memory that remains. Of course, L'Humaniste doesn't say goodbye after 10 minutes and the lap on the Nürburgring also costs a few cents more. Nevertheless, what L'Humaniste is still able to spread after one or two hours is just a rip-off of what initially thrilled me so much. In the end, only a soapy breeze blows around me. Only if you rub the hand neatly under the nose flames that initial enthusiasm again briefly.

In view of this, you may ask yourself whether you really need a fragrance whose twins Allure Homme Sport and Edition Blanche are 40 to 50 EUR cheaper. I would like to say only so much:
L'Humaniste has, despite its similarities, a very own character, which distinguishes him quite from his Dufttzwilligen. So who 135 EUR for a fragrance with disappointing durability and sillage are not too much, and who has no problem with a reserve in time every two hours to put, the L'Humaniste could well give what will probably be denied to me.

Smunitz
Beautiful floral summer cologne for men!
Great spring/summer scent, exquisite composition and presentation combined with below average performance (that of between EDC and EDT, not EDP) in both projection and longevity. A more likable scent from Frapin house but lack of performance is really a deal breaker for some (not for me though). I did try Summer Bottled from Parfums Vintage which was a very close with much better performance clone but I still prefer Frapin. Bottle worthy? It depends on what you are looking for. Most people who expect a beast mode here will be writing disappointed reviews (don't know why though as lack of performance is a known fact). If you are looking for niche, elegant, unique yet likable scent - check this one out! This is Creed worthy in my opinion from a house that makes brandy for a living! :) Very natural smelling, uncommon combination of citrus, spice and florals (peony note especially)...
The fine herbaceous masculinity
First you can perceive an intense and strong citric note, which hides bright greenish sourish speckles in the background and is due to the lemon in combination with the lime
These two notes are enveloped in a refreshing, typically peppery note, which is responsible for the top note being lifted a little into the air and I "only" typed on black pepper, but also, as I can see, pink pepper was used
In the very background, close to my skin, another citric nuance plays out its charm, which has a slight herbaceous aura and comes from bergamot.

A little later a beautiful, slightly tingling berry-like note can be noticed, which brings a pleasant light wooden tone in the background and gives the fragrance a fine masculinity and comes from the juniper.

The juniper is accompanied by a light ethereal, slightly sweetish shade, which gives the fragrance an additional pleasant herbaceous substance and is due to the thyme.

These two notes are accompanied by a very delicate, almost fragile aromatic nuance, which gives the heart a nice, soft spice and comes from nutmeg.

In the last 2.5 hours the juniper has turned a little bit into the smooth, berry-looking shade, without its wooden property and I didn't come across gin, but actually also guessed the use of juniper in the base.

At the same time, the gin is enveloped by a cuddly, sweetly almond-like, very gently warming, powdery spicy note, which gives the approaching end of the fragrance a pleasant cuddly aura and stems from the tonka bean.

These two notes are accompanied by a very delicate mossy nuance, which gives a beautiful, clear-looking finish and is due to the oak moss.

Unfortunately, I could not perceive cardamom and peony, but I can imagine very well that this scent component was used for background music.

Overall, the fragrance lasts hours on my skin.

The Sillage is conceived from the outset in such a way that one is perceived quite well at a quarter arm's length and this is also maintained 1.5 hours in such a way, before it reduces itself to the conclusion of the smell in leisurely steps.

I would like to express my sincerity for the sample of our perfume "Honk1510".
AnjaTom
Yes... a great fine, clear...
...but unfortunately also a fugitive!! Too bad actually...but S/H in the lower third don't earn me any respect in this price range!
The scent simply flies much too fast...there are unfortunately much better things on the same scent quality and price class!

He opens freshly citric, turns into a wonderful juniper gin note and remains until he is not more correctable clear....what I actually like very much from the course...now even better H/S...and he probably should have moved in with me.
At the moment, unfortunately, he gets to hear: "You're not getting in here!"

Gin & Tonic...
A beautiful fragrance. Authentic and real in it's portrayal of citrus and booze. I really like this one. For me I get good projection in the first few hours. After about five or six hours it is completely gone though. I can't deny it has a lovely smell.

L'Humaniste opens with a dominant citrus and juniper berry note... this makes way through to gin with a slice of lemon, on a bed of other herbs and soft woods. There is some pepper (which I like) and eventually a tonka bean and background soft vetiver feel (although I don't fully pick it up).

Also, this fragrance does remind me of Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche. I find the Chanel has more depth and development though... especially with the creamy vanillic/tonak bean base. L'Humaniste I feel is like a "summertime" version of that other fragrance, whereas that one can be worn year round. So I would advise people to try out this Frapin fragrance in the spring and summer, to get the most out of it.

Overall, I would recommend this one. If you like fresh citruses with interesting depth. If you like boozy fragrances, then try this out for sure. It's my first from the house of Frapin, and I like it!

Juniper cocktail
This is one of those fragrances where I instantly fell in love with it from the moment I smelled it on a paper strip.

To me it smells like a summer cocktail, even though I find it suitable to wear in winter/colder months as well because of its powderiness. I'd say it's a mojito but instead of lime and mint, it has lemon and juniper.

In the opening it starts out with lemon, juniper and booziness (so gin, apparently). The peppers (pink, black and cardamom) aren't harsh in the composition, but they do give it the extra kick. The scent quickly becomes slightly powdery (in a good way) due to the peony coming into play. When it dries down, the lemon takes a step back so you're left with a slightly powdery juniper cocktail.

The longevity on me is pretty nice. About 8 hours I'd say. The fragrance becomes a skin scent rather fast however, so the projection is not all that great. But that doesn't really bother me all that much :)

by Achilles
by YellowIcicle
by Pepper81
by Pepper81

Popular Frapin

1270 by Frapin Caravelle Épicée by Frapin Passion Boisée by Frapin Terre de Sarment by Frapin Paradis Perdu by Frapin The Orchid Man by Frapin Isle of Man by Frapin 1697 (Absolu de Parfum) by Frapin Speakeasy by Frapin Esprit de Fleurs by Frapin Nevermore by Frapin 1697 (Eau de Parfum) by Frapin If by R.K. by Frapin Laskarina by Frapin Bois Blanc by Frapin Checkmate by Frapin