L'Humaniste (2009)

L'Humaniste by Frapin

L'Humaniste is a popular perfume by Frapin for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCitric notes, Bergamot, Cardamom, Pink pepper, Black pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesJuniper, Nutmeg, Thyme, Peony
Base Notes Base NotesGin, Oakmoss, Tonka bean

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 31.10.2019

6.0 5.0 5.0 8.0/10

The fine herbaceous masculinity
First you can perceive an intense and strong citric note, which hides bright greenish sourish speckles in the background and is due to the lemon in combination with the lime
These two notes are enveloped in a refreshing, typically peppery note, which is responsible for the top note being lifted a little into the air and I "only" typed on black pepper, but also, as I can see, pink pepper was used
In the very background, close to my skin, another citric nuance plays out its charm, which has a slight herbaceous aura and comes from bergamot.

A little later a beautiful, slightly tingling berry-like note can be noticed, which brings a pleasant light wooden tone in the background and gives the fragrance a fine masculinity and comes from the juniper.

The juniper is accompanied by a light ethereal, slightly sweetish shade, which gives the fragrance an additional pleasant herbaceous substance and is due to the thyme.

These two notes are accompanied by a very delicate, almost fragile aromatic nuance, which gives the heart a nice, soft spice and comes from nutmeg.

In the last 2.5 hours the juniper has turned a little bit into the smooth, berry-looking shade, without its wooden property and I didn't come across gin, but actually also guessed the use of juniper in the base.

At the same time, the gin is enveloped by a cuddly, sweetly almond-like, very gently warming, powdery spicy note, which gives the approaching end of the fragrance a pleasant cuddly aura and stems from the tonka bean.

These two notes are accompanied by a very delicate mossy nuance, which gives a beautiful, clear-looking finish and is due to the oak moss.

Unfortunately, I could not perceive cardamom and peony, but I can imagine very well that this scent component was used for background music.

Overall, the fragrance lasts hours on my skin.

The Sillage is conceived from the outset in such a way that one is perceived quite well at a quarter arm's length and this is also maintained 1.5 hours in such a way, before it reduces itself to the conclusion of the smell in leisurely steps.

I would like to express my sincerity for the sample of our perfume "Honk1510".
7.0 3.0 3.0 9.0/10

AnjaTom
Yes... a great fine, clear...
...but unfortunately also a fugitive!! Too bad actually...but S/H in the lower third don't earn me any respect in this price range!
The scent simply flies much too fast...there are unfortunately much better things on the same scent quality and price class!

He opens freshly citric, turns into a wonderful juniper gin note and remains until he is not more correctable clear....what I actually like very much from the course...now even better H/S...and he probably should have moved in with me.
At the moment, unfortunately, he gets to hear: "You're not getting in here!"
5.0 5.0 5.0 7.5/10

Gin & Tonic...
A beautiful fragrance. Authentic and real in it's portrayal of citrus and booze. I really like this one. For me I get good projection in the first few hours. After about five or six hours it is completely gone though. I can't deny it has a lovely smell.

L'Humaniste opens with a dominant citrus and juniper berry note... this makes way through to gin with a slice of lemon, on a bed of other herbs and soft woods. There is some pepper (which I like) and eventually a tonka bean and background soft vetiver feel (although I don't fully pick it up).

Also, this fragrance does remind me of Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche. I find the Chanel has more depth and development though... especially with the creamy vanillic/tonak bean base. L'Humaniste I feel is like a "summertime" version of that other fragrance, whereas that one can be worn year round. So I would advise people to try out this Frapin fragrance in the spring and summer, to get the most out of it.

Overall, I would recommend this one. If you like fresh citruses with interesting depth. If you like boozy fragrances, then try this out for sure. It's my first from the house of Frapin, and I like it!

Juniper cocktail
This is one of those fragrances where I instantly fell in love with it from the moment I smelled it on a paper strip.

To me it smells like a summer cocktail, even though I find it suitable to wear in winter/colder months as well because of its powderiness. I'd say it's a mojito but instead of lime and mint, it has lemon and juniper.

In the opening it starts out with lemon, juniper and booziness (so gin, apparently). The peppers (pink, black and cardamom) aren't harsh in the composition, but they do give it the extra kick. The scent quickly becomes slightly powdery (in a good way) due to the peony coming into play. When it dries down, the lemon takes a step back so you're left with a slightly powdery juniper cocktail.

The longevity on me is pretty nice. About 8 hours I'd say. The fragrance becomes a skin scent rather fast however, so the projection is not all that great. But that doesn't really bother me all that much :)

by Achilles
by Scentaholic
by Pepper81
by Pepper81

Popular Frapin

1270 by Frapin L'Humaniste by Frapin Caravelle Épicée by Frapin 1697 (Absolu de Parfum) by Frapin Terre de Sarment by Frapin Paradis Perdu by Frapin Passion Boisée by Frapin Speakeasy by Frapin Esprit de Fleurs by Frapin Nevermore by Frapin The Orchid Man by Frapin Isle of Man by Frapin 1697 (Eau de Parfum) by Frapin Laskarina by Frapin If by R.K. by Frapin