Terre de Sarment (2007)

Terre de Sarment by Frapin

Terre de Sarment is a perfume by Frapin for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Cumin, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesNutmeg, Orange blossom, Frankincense, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Amyris, Tobacco, Vanilla

Submitted by Chemist, last update on 02.11.2019.

6.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Mantus
The striking constant silence - or eau de ball chewing gum

First of all I have to tell you, that even for my, in my opinion, quite experienced nose it was unexpectedly difficult to distinguish the 3 components of the top note, because they are really extremely finely interwoven, but result in a very interesting whole.

My nose has suggested to my completely crazy brain that I first perceive the neroli, with very fine, lightly floral, delicately soft, lovely tones, accompanied by an ethereal, slightly greenish herbaceous nuance, without smelling sweaty and I perceive it as cumin and these two notes are quite discreet, almost fragile and of an extremely subliminal sweetish fruity nuance, without whose well-known tangy acid accents the grapefruit is completed.

A little bit later I find it a little easier to name the notes in their order and notice a very bright, flowery, tenderly sweet, orange-tipped note, which can only be the orange blossom
At the same time, the orange blossom is enveloped in a very aromatic, spicy, soft note with a subtle scent of white pepper, which lends the fragrance a beautiful distinctive character and is due to nutmeg.

These two notes are surrounded by a beautiful and very pleasant soft resinous note, which gives the fragrance a persistent calm and comes from frankincense.

"The heart note evokes another image in me:

Do you still know these round chewing gums, available in all colours, which it jefühlt 2569 years ago in 2er rows to koofen jab?
Or is it still jibt's - Didd would be a thing?! :-)
But that's how the heart note smells for me, as if you would smell these "bullet chewing jummis!" :-)

In the last 3 hours it becomes very pleasantly brightening creamy balsamic smooth, with a very fine wooden hinhauchten "Kuschelassoziation", which stems from the interaction of the Benzo, with the Amyris.

These two notes are rounded off by a delicate, dense, sweet, creamy, very delicate powdery nuance of tobacco and bourbon vanilla.

In total, the fragrance lasts 7.5 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is conceived from the outset in such a way that one is perceived very clearly at a whole arm's length and this is maintained also 3.5 hours in such a way, before it minimizes itself in quiet steps up to the conclusion of the smell
I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Schücha" for the bottling.

Very helpful Review
Brief conclusion
It stings and pricks immediately after spraying on - it is green, it bites - something soft pushes through - cinnamon-soapy - when the bitter orange blossom appears, it becomes really beautiful - constantly unsweet - the stinging end melts butter-soft - incense moderate, buffered in the base - a high tone remains, even if it is softly insulated and wide - it is for hours a fine cinnamon-orange-tobacco scent, with a tangy-smoky flare - durability with me very good, Sillage upper midfield - I like
7.5 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Dry passion of metal
My first impression about TERRE DE SARMENT: blossoms at the bottom of a metal box. After the first stunned minutes, the blossoms are merged into a citrus-like cream, reministent of a lemon pie. This artistic fragrance is fresh, not sweet at all.
I was quite sure that I will see among the base notes cedrat, but tobacco seems to be that dry and scratchy fragrance, what I detected after a few hours.
Grapefruit and neroli are navigating on the waves of all stages, and makes the scent cold and metallic.

Ingredients are high quality and well proportioned. Even if this is totally not my cup of tea, I congratulate to Beatrice Cointreau for this masterpiece.

Many thanks to Oloroso for the sample.

by Irini
by Irini
by Nyze29
by Nyze29

Popular Frapin

1270 by Frapin L'Humaniste by Frapin Caravelle Épicée by Frapin 1697 (Absolu de Parfum) by Frapin Paradis Perdu by Frapin Passion Boisée by Frapin Speakeasy by Frapin Esprit de Fleurs by Frapin Nevermore by Frapin The Orchid Man by Frapin Isle of Man by Frapin 1697 (Eau de Parfum) by Frapin Laskarina by Frapin If by R.K. by Frapin