Sugar 1999

Sugar by Fresh
Sugar is a popular perfume by Fresh for women and was released in 1999. The scent is sweet-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
White lilyWhite lily
Base Notes Base NotesCaramelCaramel
VanillaVanilla
MarjoramMarjoram

Submitted by Hibernation, last update on 06.01.2022.

Lemon meringue
When I read Schoork's commentary on Aura Sublime, Fresh Sugar immediately came to mind. I'm surprised that this one hasn't attracted much attention yet, because Sugar has always been very popular in other forums where I've been active. Probably because you have to get it from the USA, which is absolutely annoying. Luckily, I have good connections to the States right now. So I don't have to be afraid that I will run out of this substance.

Lemon meringue characterizes Sugar simply perfectly. Or those lemon glazed sponge cakes. Sugar is not complex, it is simply baking with a freshness at the beginning, which makes it perfect for the summer despite the ostensibly sweet notes. Since I met Sugar, he's been with me every summer. Especially on hot days, a fragrance that always fits. It is delicate, light and leaves a pleasant, cuddly aura on the skin. Fresh gourmand is perfect. But now I see him primarily on a woman and less on a man, because the notes seem rather feminine. Probably by the caramel note.

Personally, I liked the old bottle, if anyone else knows it. It was smaller and flatter with frosted glass. For some years now Sugar, like almost all freshs, has only been available in index bottles.

As I said, this is not a fragrance that captivates with complexity or anything else. Sugar is simple, lemony and simply smells like cake. Therefore, it also fits best into your leisure time, in summer also sometimes daily. The durability could be better with an EdP. After about 4 hours at the latest the fun is over. Nevertheless a wonderful companion, which I would never want to miss in summer

Sparkling Citrus Sugar
That I am a fan of the house of Fresh is decisively demonstrated by the very fact that I bought a bottle of their SUGAR edp. True, it's a small bottle, and yes it was relatively inexpensive, but nonetheless significant since I'm the last person to gravitate toward sugar sprays masquerading as perfume.

I've certainly slammed my share of frosting fragrances and chemical cotton candies in a bottle, but I have to say that Fresh came through again with SUGAR, which, while initially a bit frosting-like, still ends up sparkling in a very nice way thanks to the auspicious addition of delightfully fresh citrus, which is featured in most of the creations of this house.

SUGAR smells swell, and I can heartily recommend it to all those in search of scents that smell good enough to eat and are devoid of the sickening synthetics that ruin fragrances such as PINK SUGAR for me.

Frühsommer :)
by Sherapop
by Sherapop

Popular Fresh

Citron de Vigne by Fresh Honeysuckle by Fresh Cannabis Rose by Fresh Brown Sugar by Fresh Cannabis Santal by Fresh Rose Morning by Fresh Life by Fresh Fig Apricot by Fresh Sake by Fresh Hesperides Grapefruit / Hesperides by Fresh Pink Jasmine by Fresh Memoirs of a Geisha by Fresh Cucumber Baie by Fresh Fleurs de Chocolat Mikado by Fresh Bergamot Citrus by Fresh Sugar Lychee by Fresh Sugar Lemon / Lemon Sugar by Fresh Strawberry Flowers by Fresh Patchouli Pure by Fresh Violette by Fresh