Sugar Lemon Lemon Sugar 2004

Sugar Lemon / Lemon Sugar by Fresh
Sugar Lemon is a perfume by Fresh for women and was released in 2004. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian lemonItalian lemon
Orange blossomOrange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesOakmossOakmoss
CaramelCaramel
Indian sandalwoodIndian sandalwood

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 09.12.2015.

i just can't.
this scent gives me the worst headaches imaginable. i received it as a sample and the moment i sniffed it, i recoiled.

it literally smells like what restaurants put in their toilet bowls to keep them smelling clean. its a synthetic lemon (i guess?) and sugary blast of pure HATE. and me being the frugal gal that i am, decided to pour in over my vacuum filter in order to perhaps scent the home while i cleaned.

WORST. IDEA. EVER.

i had to open every window and try to air the place out. i have no idea wtf FRESH was thinking putting this out on the market. it reminds me of those home scents that just overwhelm your senses and make you nauseous. nest amazon lily is in the same category. just NO. no no no. users beware.

The Varieties of Citrus Experience
Fresh SUGAR LEMON smells just like homemade lemonade initially: very fresh and lemony, with just a touch of zest oil lingering in the air, and very potent and tart, the way lemonade should be! I'm one of those picky people who will not accept sweet or dilute lemonade. I'll drink it, if there happen to be bowls of sliced lemon wedges available so that it can be transformed it into what lemonade really should be. Otherwise, I'd rather pass. In fact, I'd rather drink straight-up lemon water than dilute or too sweet lemonade. I feel the same way about fried oysters and clams: they must, must, must be saturated with freshly squeezed lemon juice before I'll put the fork to mouth! But I digress...

SUGAR LEMON morphs swiftly into an intermediary Lemon Pledge-meets-lemonade stage, which happily is fleeting. The fragrance then proceeds to dry down to a pleasing, resinous citrus with a touch of vetiver and now veering slightly toward the grapefruit side. All in all, a worthwhile citrus journey! Probably not something that I'd ever wear during cold weather, but I'll have no problem using up my 30ml this summer! A propos: my only real criticism is that this edp has not-so-great lasting power...

Lemon Sugar = 7-up
Lemon Sugar is sweet, sugary, lemony & bright. On another website, a reviewer says that Lemon Sugar is like the sodapop "Squirt," and I have to agree. It's a very apt description of this scent. However, I think it's a bit more like 7-up.

Lemon Sugar was a blind buy and I'm glad I did so. I have been looking for a fragrance like this for a long time. I tried a number of Demeter fragrances (lemonade, ginger ale), plus a few classics (Roger & Gallett), and I despised each & every one. The Fresh femme fragrances are much better quality & more wearable.

Lemon Sugar was my first Fresh purchase, Sake my second, and Mangosteen my third. I have definitely become a fan of the house of Fresh.

2.5

moist towelette
I'm really surprised to see so many notes listed for this scent. Despite my having smelled hundreds of scents over the years, I pick up nothing here but lemon. It makes me think of a pleasant moist towelette that I would be glad to refresh myself with in summer, or maybe a glass of cool water with a lemon slice. It's quite pleasant, but not very interesting.

by EvaK
by EvaK
by Sherapop
by Sherapop

Popular Fresh

Sugar by Fresh Citron de Vigne by Fresh Honeysuckle by Fresh Cannabis Rose by Fresh Brown Sugar by Fresh Cannabis Santal by Fresh Rose Morning by Fresh Life by Fresh Fig Apricot by Fresh Sake by Fresh Hesperides Grapefruit / Hesperides by Fresh Pink Jasmine by Fresh Memoirs of a Geisha by Fresh Cucumber Baie by Fresh Fleurs de Chocolat Mikado by Fresh Bergamot Citrus by Fresh Sugar Lychee by Fresh Strawberry Flowers by Fresh Patchouli Pure by Fresh Violette by Fresh