Gabriela Sabatini 1989 Eau de Toilette

Gabriela Sabatini (Eau de Toilette) by Gabriela Sabatini
Gabriela Sabatini (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Gabriela Sabatini for women and was released in 1989. The scent is floral-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued.

Harry Frémont

Heart Notes Heart NotesExotic blossomsExotic blossoms
HoneysuckleHoneysuckle
HeliotropeHeliotrope
JasmineJasmine
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
RoseRose
TuberoseTuberose
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
MuskMusk
PatchouliPatchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.10.2021.

Christacita
Tennis and Musc at its best!
I have fond memories of Gabriela Sabatini. I enjoyed watching the many duels between Graf and Sabatini, although Navratilova and Evert were also top players. Today it may seem that Graf was the better player in the end, at least she had more wins against the beautiful Argentine. But the full-blooded Argentinean always cut the best figure on the court and with her pretty face she probably made many a man's heart beat faster. And not only that. She won a total of 11 duels against Graf. In her lucky year 1990 even 5 times in a row. Wow!

The 80s and 90s were great times. Carefree and wild! I was a sweet 16 at the time and smelled the new perfume on my 10 year older sister all the time. You can imagine what a sweet smelling perfume does to a 16 year old who is totally infatuated with her older sister! I was smitten and hooked. I'm not a fragrance expert like some of you others here. I think I can make out some scents if I know what's in it. Then again, maybe I don't. For me, the lily of the valley is strongly present and then closely followed by the musk. I would even say the scent was bombarded with it. Since I love musk, that is definitely meant in a positive way. I was then given the fragrance by my favorite sister for Christmas that same year, and with it she made me the happiest young woman in the world. Lily of the valley and musk. These 2 MM's have it in itself.

Since then, this bottle has always been in my collection. I still like to smell it today. As soon as I smell it, it is as if I apparate to the year 1986, subito. Even if I leave it today mostly at the sniff and me usually with other fragrances einparfumiere, so I would give the bottle for nothing in the world more
Schwerelos
A long acquaintance that ended slowly..
This is my first comment on a perfume and I hope to give it the attention it deserves.

I don't know when I first noticed this fragrance, it should have been in the early 90s and I was in kindergarten or primary school.
My mother loved fragrances, only they couldn't be expensive. As a child of the communist Eastern bloc, it was difficult to get the many scents that were taken for granted in the West. So from 90/91 she ordered from Üffes for the first time, which until then seemed to be the peak of luxury.

At some point Gabriela Sabatini gave her this fragrance, which was perceived as a new luxury. Everyone knew that name back then!
I was fascinated by this smell, so loud and wild and very different from the alcoholic stink my mother used to love (mostly the perfumes for 3-5 marks from the market). Even as a child I knew what I didn't like at all - but I liked this one. So I sprayed myself "secretly" with this fragrance and when she asked me to take her expensive perfume, I vehemently disagreed. But somehow she always noticed. What was the reason for that? :)
With the perfume I felt beautiful, grown up and always wanted to smell like that.

My fascination with the fragrance diminished when the fragrance, used so sparingly, tipped over. Which was still used, after all it was so expensive!

For a long time I forgot this fragrance. I conquered the drugstores as a teenager with more than a small purse and stuck to what my friends liked so much. There were no outliers into the extravagant, the whole range of cheap fragrances gradually filled my cupboard over the years.

And until today remained a slight tendency to favorable smells, which I seize again and again.

I count this scent among them, because with less than 10 Euro per bottle it belongs to the cheap scent waters. When I saw him about five years ago, I had to take him. I wasn't feeling well that day, and so new memories weave themselves into this fragrance.
Back home I was surprised by the WUMMS. That's what I wanted as a child?

Until today I wore it sporadically, but increasingly self-confident. It is elegant, I smell the vanilla and musk and love the slightly oriental touch. Is this scent the foundation stone for my love of the Orient and oriental scents?

For this comment I wanted to publish it again, but it is now overturned - or can I no longer bear it? I took the bottle and threw it away.

For me, for a long time, the scent was afflicted with the feeling of doing something forbidden. It was my mother's perfume that she hardly ever wore.

Today I'm a woman who doesn't have to wear memories anymore, I create my own. All my memory perfumes have a legitimate place on my shelf, but they won't be replaced.

Sometimes memory makes an average fragrance special. So also this one, who never wanted to knock me out, was always a bit too loud and pushy for me. Was it the aldehydes that bothered me so much? I can deal with loud, exciting and booming scents, on good days I like to wear them with bright red lipstick. And yet - Gabriela and I are loose acquaintances whose friendship only feeds on memories. I didn't miss her when I surrounded myself with others and almost forgot about her. And when I remembered them, then more melancholy, never out of love, much more because of the decency to pay attention to them again.
It wasn't friendship, and yet I must thank her. You paved the way for countless loves, for more or less elegant attempts in search of myself.

You live in my memory as the first luxury I was allowed to experience. You were the first fragrance friend of any number of fragrance pals. But the 90s are over, and maybe in 20 years I will buy popular fragrances today and think back nostalgically to you. But for now, you will no longer live with me

Tennis, anyone?
This was the first fragrance of the Argentine Olympic gold-medalist in tennis, Gabiel Sabatini. She's 44 now and this scent is 25 years old, but it still feels young to me. I picked it out by the notes because I've learned chances are I'll love any scent built on orange blossom, jasmine, amber, musk and vanilla, the classic floriental skeleton. Throw in bergamot and my favorite woods, patchouli and sandalwood, and the only way I'm not going to love it is if the mixing machines malfunctioned at the perfume factory. They didn't for Sabatini. This is a potent oriental, long on exotic and sultry. It projects strongly at first then dries down to beauty, but I'm wondering if something isn't wrong with my skin today since nothing seems to last very long. Will try again tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'm now seeing it's possible to build a fabulous scent wardrobe from inexpensive perfumes on sale at Amazon or the discount sites. Simply look up the notes in a loved perf, then browse for a cheaper version. It won't always work, of course, but enough to make the effort worthwhile, like my recent browses. Would I have plunked down dollars for pricier orientals if I'd found this first? Maybe. Maybe not.

Sparkle Plenty
This delicious fragrance radiates far and wide, thanks to a glittery, fruity-aldehydic top. Its drydown is warm and feminine, however. A bit like Mackie, but more sedate. Nice for daytime.

by TIA1971
by Hermessenz
by CocoBee
by CocoBee

Popular Gabriela Sabatini

Magnetic (Eau de Toilette) by Gabriela Sabatini Ocean Sun by Gabriela Sabatini Dévotion by Gabriela Sabatini Miss Gabriela by Gabriela Sabatini Wild Wind by Gabriela Sabatini Cascaya (Eau de Toilette) by Gabriela Sabatini Bolero by Gabriela Sabatini Miss Gabriela Night by Gabriela Sabatini Happy Life by Gabriela Sabatini Dévotion for Men by Gabriela Sabatini Magnetic (Eau de Parfum) by Gabriela Sabatini Wild Wind for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gabriela Sabatini Daylight by Gabriela Sabatini Cascaya (Eau de Parfum) by Gabriela Sabatini Temperamento by Gabriela Sabatini Magnetic (Parfum) by Gabriela Sabatini Gabriela Sabatini (Parfum) by Gabriela Sabatini Latin Dance by Gabriela Sabatini Gabriela Sabatini (Eau de Parfum) by Gabriela Sabatini Cascaya Summer by Gabriela Sabatini