Lye by Gabriella Chieffo

Lye is a popular perfume by Gabriella Chieffo for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is smoky-woody. It is still in production.

Perfumer & Creative Guidance

Gabriella Chieffo (Marken-Inhaberin)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Opoponax, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 03.07.2020.

Pollita
A touch of irresistible beauty
The dear SchatzSucher has sent me a few samples this week. There was this scent that I had never heard of before. Also Signora Chieffo was not known to me so far. But that should change. It is no secret that I am open to the Italians and that some of them live with me.

I sniffed her out with an open mind and - there we have her. The iris in perfection! A fragrance that unites everything I love so much about the many fragrances I already own. It has the familiar woodiness of Van Cleef & Arperls' Bois d'Iris as well as the very light sweetness that resonates in the background, which made me feel at 450 of Farmacia SS. Annunziata so beautifully enchanted. But when spraying it on I sniff something else. This fragrance is smokier than the other two mentioned. This delicate incense note, which is not at all sacred, is what I love about fragrances like L'Ether or Eau Duelle. Such a touch of slight aloofness. Mmm, you smell good, but I dare not come near you. Yeah, that's something!

Give him a few hours on warm skin and something else will come through. And we'd be at another favourite fragrance from my repertoire. It brings a soft, creamy powdery texture to the surface of the skin. The smoky notes recede into the background and make room for this luxury cream scent on a base of very, very delicate vanilla. What am I thinking about? You bet! I love this note from Hilde Solianis Il Vs Iris, which unfortunately has disappeared or will disappear from the market.

I'm sure it's no surprise to you that I have to award a 10. And the fact that he's right, right at the top of my wish list is no surprise. Some people might think: "You have all the others, what else do you need", but I think I am understood here. Because similarities are one thing, but just like a beautiful piece of music, a wonderful fragrance is only created by the interaction of all individuals. And out of this comes a touch of irresistible beauty, which I am addicted to.

Yes, this one is also quiet, like most fragrances in this category. I can see it on me now in the first few hours better than 450 and Bois d'Iris. How he compares with Hilda's Iris, I can't tell you until tonight. My nose even tells me that it becomes more present the longer it is on the skin.

I can't smell any leather, by the way. It must be used so discreetly here that it doesn't bother me at all. All the more reason for the 10

ColinM
The IKEA discount corner of perfumery
Mere guess: to me, Lye is all about ambroxan (a real “fil rouge” among all the fragrances of this line), at least another smoother and warmer ambroxide aromachemical, Iso E Super or something similar (incense), suede, light woods (like cashmeran, if you are familiar with it) and a faint powdery note of iris and/or violet. Not saying I think these materials are contained, but at least that is what I smell - those, or something similar to them. All quite “thin”, dusty and powdery, with a sheer and metallic texture. A thin, cold, silver and “nordic” contemporary scent which tries to play the minimalist card; but more than a clever work on a minimalist texture, it’s just more about throwing a bunch of aromachemicals as-they-are right out of their cans. Plus, it’s annoyingly salty and synthetic, while heavily reminding me of a couple of more renowned scents (a couple of “bois” more precisely... one of which made by Dior, just saying). It doesn't smell bad at least, but in my opinion Lye is heavily uncreative, clumsy and pretentious, pretty much like the rest of this line.

4,5/10

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 33 days ago
Slightly daring, not to heavy floral-powdery Mid season fragrance. Female-oriented, the smoky-woody and leathery base note renders it unisex

by Supi
by Supi

Popular Gabriella Chieffo

Acquasala by Gabriella Chieffo Camaheu by Gabriella Chieffo Quasicielo by Gabriella Chieffo Ragù by Gabriella Chieffo Lattedoro by Gabriella Chieffo Taersìa by Gabriella Chieffo Variazione di Ragù by Gabriella Chieffo Maisìa by Gabriella Chieffo Hystera by Gabriella Chieffo 1,2,3, Stella! by Gabriella Chieffo