Galanos (1979)Eau de Parfum

Galanos (Eau de Parfum) by Galanos / James Galanos

Galanos (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Galanos / James Galanos for women and was released in 1979. The scent is spicy-chypre. The projection is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Oakmoss, Gardenia, Geranium, Jasmine, Coriander, Bay leaf, Lily-of-the-valley, Musk, Clove, Carnation, Rose, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Cedar, Cypress

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 16.04.2019.

5.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

rich and opulent oriental/floral
I'm going to go ahead an stand on sherapop's platform here on Galanos. the liquid in my sample is indeed dark, thick, and already different from mass market garbage in that aspect. once applied, its true nature becomes apparent, which is a rich, resinous, dark, and mysterious brew. not for the faint of heart, Galanos is meant for the woman who enjoys painting scarves of fragrance in the air as she flows by. it is hard for me to distinguish different notes here, but the mood is very dark and dramatic. almost to the point of a BPAL or other oil named such as "black opium" that I own. I am getting a vintage style soapy note now in the long, long drydown, or maybe a slight grassyness and breath of air finally cuts through the thick, incence Laden narcotic haze. this is a perfume from another era, a bottle would last a lifetime, and I will cherish my sample for dramatic moments. but this sample may be enough to last me as long as I need. if you want a big oriental, but don't want to go down the Opium, or Obsession road, Galanos could be the one for you. I think this could trancend gender as well.
7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Old School Pot Liquour Oriental
GALANOS strikes me as an old school oriental--inhabiting the same general olfactory neighborhood as YOUTH DEW and the other pot liquor orientals. It's not only that the liquid is dark and composition strong and deep; the florals, too, seem almost subterranean. It probably does not hurt that geranium and carnation are included among the floral notes, both of which have an inherent oriental quality to my nose. Bayleaf, cypress and oakmoss also probably contribute to the darkness and texture.

The opening is almost medicinal and seems more like a slow-cooked elixir than a bright bouquet. GALANOS is nice for what it is, but I'd be surprised if anyone who does not appreciate YOUTH DEW, CINNABAR, and company were to like this one, although I should add that neither myrrh nor cinnamon are present in this creation--at least not obviously so...
2.0/10

Galanos
I whoulde'nt classify this as a floral
it's more of a oriental floral.
people interpret scents differenly
my interpertation of this is.
the opening starts spicy with coriander
carnation gardenia warm amber dries
with cypress the rose has a subtil base
support vanille is somewhat promient.
it's to opulent to be a floral.
a fragrance fit for a Libertine!

by Florblanca
by Florblanca

Popular Galanos / James Galanos

Galanos (Parfum) by Galanos / James Galanos Galanos de Serene (Eau de Parfum) by Galanos / James Galanos Galanos (Eau de Toilette) by Galanos / James Galanos Galanos de Serene (Parfum) by Galanos / James Galanos