Brindille

Brindille by Galimard
Brindille is a popular perfume by Galimard for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesBlue hyacinthBlue hyacinth
RoseRose
Marine notesMarine notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesLilacLilac
JasmineJasmine
Aegean wallflowerAegean wallflower
Base Notes Base NotesWhite muskWhite musk
Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang

Submitted by Antoine, last update on 01.05.2020.

Lady-like and nostalgic
Every year I fanatically wait for hyacinth bulbs, which I have not only in the garden, but in a bowl also in the kitchen (although they smell very intense.) Often I walk by and the scent gives me so much pleasure that I wondered what it would be like to wear it as a perfume. After some research I came across Brindille and with the help of dear Andrea I was able to test the fragrance. One thing I have to determine immediately: Brindille is an oldschool perfume, nostalgia in a bottle. Two notes dominate: Hyacinth and lilac (I look forward to lilac every year :o)) It has a pretty good Sillage and on my skin it looks a bit liqueurish, if you know what I mean. I join those who are grateful to have found such treasures through this community. I will also buy glasses in original size.
The forbidden garden
Slanted below my (also not so small) property lies a huge, park-like garden with far more than 4000m2 of surface.
It is not permanently inhabited, but the owner's children (a successful paediatrician) obviously like to use the white bungalow and swimming pool for parties in the warm season. A long time ago the doctor's mother and my mother were friends and we were allowed to use the pool. Nevertheless, as a young woman, in the early/mid 90s, I always felt a little like an intruder (or even a small, cheeky wood elf), when I was early in the morning in a bikini, under our summer jasmine bush and the wild rose bush, over the rotten fence, past the huge old trees, far down across the lawn to the small, but well-tended pool crept to turn a few rounds. Long time! Both old ladies don't live today...

And yet...when I see the bright lights down there from my bedroom window late in the evening and the music comes up to me, I sometimes wonder if I shouldn't just go downstairs, in a pretty colourful summer dress, with my hair still open - the fences are still rotten - and mingle with it, among the celebrants. Maybe they would even offer me a drink...but then - on closer inspection in the light of the bright lanterns - probably ask me to leave as soon as possible, because in my late 40s I simply don't really fit into a group of exuberant young people. So far I haven't dared...but the illusion remains!

"Brindille" is such a fragrance that I can well imagine an early summer garden party of attractive, well-to-do young people: floral-fresh, very slightly creamy, with a subtle hint of jasmine, a little distanced-cool rather than sweet, by no means intrusive.

I've ordered the bottle on the internet (as my bottling seems to evaporate gradually), but I'll probably never dare to go to one of the celebrations of the rich neighbours mentioned above...And probably it would be the usual party society anyway: a colourful mixture of quite normal people, a bit buzzed and therefore no longer necessarily reservedly distanced. If you have enough in your own circle...
2.5

Twig-gy
Brindille means a small or thin twig or sprig. "Brindille" is an appropriate term for this scent. Despite I often do not like fragances which are dominated by white flowers I' m always trying to be fair. Of course there are a lot of exceptions for me concerning scents of this character like "Samsara" for instance.
If somebody likes lilly-of-the-valley or jasmine and hyazinths etc. in perfumes "Brindille" is a very decent white-flower-cologne receivable for a reasonable price.
"Brindille" is developing its full scent within a few minutes and though the sillage is weak there is not to complain about the longevity.
Immediatly is appearing a soft mixture of white flowers, jasmine is dominating. Out of this there is a slight light-green note an a hint of citrus. I cannot regocnize single flowers like rose or lilac. To be honest, I do not miss the for me in perfums obstrusively smelling lilac. Musc is restraining which is an advantage in case of "Brindille".
Should somebody be unsatisfied by the longevity or sillage of "Brindille", 250 ml are available for a very inexpensive price. Doubtlessly "Brindille" is a feminine scent. It also could be used fragranting rooms or potpourries.

Durch die Zweige hindurch erahnt man den verbotenen garten aus meinem Kommentar

Popular Galimard

Aventure by Galimard Charme by Galimard Citoyen by Galimard À Demi-Mot by Galimard Chinchilla by Galimard Mezzanotte by Galimard Accroche-Coeur by Galimard Cologne Absolue - Bois des Indes by Galimard Galimard Star by Galimard Carina by Galimard Sportissimo by Galimard Yamaha by Galimard J by Galimard L'Été Dernier by Galimard Journal Intime by Galimard Cybèle by Galimard Napoléon 1815 by Galimard Monsieur Galimard by Galimard Pêle-Mêle by Galimard Frisson by Galimard