O'Fraiche by Gallagher Fragrances
O'Fraiche is a perfume by Gallagher Fragrances for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is smoky-green. The production was apparently discontinued.

Italian bergamotItalian bergamot
BlackcurrantBlackcurrant
Concord grape
Orange blossomOrange blossom
Birch tarBirch tar
TobaccoTobacco
Australian sandalwoodAustralian sandalwood
French orris butterFrench orris butter
Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver
Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli
MuskMusk
New Zealand ambergrisNew Zealand ambergris

Submitted by KevScheu, last update on 14.11.2021.

SmellsFargo
It's the fucking Catalina wine mixer?
When Martha Stewart was picking out the perfect grapes for her bottled wine collection whilst committing massive insider trading, I imagine this is what the vineyard smelled like on that day the FBI rained down upon her vista. I love the tincture of dirt especially in this, gives it just a bit more authenticity in my opinion.
It's funny because when I first smelled it, I'm mostly got the grape at first but it was a weird grape, then I remember this had tobacco leaves in it and for some reason, remembering the notes unlocked this puzzle in my head and then my olfactory opened up I said "wait a minute this smells like I'm walking down a vineyard".

You know obviously not the fancy kind of the French one that uses slave labor, and not even the cool ones in Napa valley in California; More like if they had a vineyard in New Jersey. But I appreciate it for what it is and the vision it showed and the scene it painted for me.
Projection isn't beastly but I don't think this one was meant to be beastly, nor do I think you'd want it to be monstrous, as the tincture and the tobacco leaf really make it to where you'd want this to be a more soft scent bubble. Longevity is okay at around 6 hours on my skin, but for a niche sometimes you would hope that you can expect a little bit more power than that.

I can see some limited occasions where I would think about reaching for this so please try before you buy.
Fruity-fresh variety
O'Fraiche is for me an atypical fragrance because fruity-fresh scents are not my metier and rarely come under my nose. Nevertheless, there are exceptions because fruits like blackberries or currants please me in the right arrangement quite well. This arrangement does not have to be synonymous with leather or smoke, a menthol-like freshness is also welcome. Just as I appreciate Blackbird by Olympic Orchids, I usually think of Airwaves Cassis. Fits the bill for me. There's birch tar in this one, too, so it sounds good.

The beginning then corresponds to the crisp freshness of the currant, something very stylized by the bergamot but nice. I have to think here of Bleecker Street but that may be due in this case to my amateurish scent associations in this area. Relatively briskly it then smells of pure currant plus some sprinkles of orange blossom. The sometimes lovely features of the first hours probably come from the Concord grape, a "purple" grape variety, which is supposed to taste color expectancy.

Now, as it goes on, the scent doesn't get insanely changeable but rather paler. One can guess the birch out, birch tar I do not perceive, however. Just as little the tobacco. A sandalwood base seems conclusive, the creamy element actually found in the background of the creation. I can't perceive any tart notes that counteract what's going on anywhere. Normally that would be one of my criticisms but honestly the dominant berry combines all the acidity needed to make the fragrance seem more complex nonetheless.

My conclusion actually turns out well, O'Fraiche pleases me, develops for me more and more intense-fruity. To buy it is not enough for me because to me it lacks tension and quasi the antagonist, only fruity is not mine. The mixture with real birch tar, so somewhere a smoky, leathery element, that would certainly have been exciting. Gallagher Fragrances are not everywhere in Europe to obtain, but here probably recommends a prior test

Eau Fraiche - for a day
I´m a big fan of Diors EDC Fraiche. It is the prototype of a classic men´s fragrances for me, of an epoch, in which a man fragranced himself primarily with an aftershave and a matching Eau de Cologne to extend this fragrance impression. The scents were simple and without frills. But also - consciously for this time - with very low longevity and Sillage. The clear one-figure perfume oil concentration in "Fraiche" versions was the reasong, that at the latest after well four hours the scent was gone and had to be re-splashed.

Daniel Gallagher also loves the aura of the Vintage Eau de Colognes - with the same limitations in durability and sillage. And he accepted the challenge. With O'Fraiche he created a fragrance that fuses the DNA of Vintage EDC Fraiches with the durability and sillage of an EDP.

He used classic ingredients such as oakmoss, bergamot and musk, and gave the fragrance genre a slightly more modern twist. Tobacco and black currant buds are the main ingredients that shape the scent in the heart. Here Daniel Vetiver skilfully uses vetiver for the green tones and iris to grind the tart nuances.

The result is a fragrance that is fresh, like an eau fraiche, but easily performs beyond the 8 hour mark in durability. You get a lot of scent for a very, very moderate price, in a wonderful heavy, high-quality bottle and very nice packaging.

Daniel O Fraiche is a "all-year" fragrance for me. It brings back the sun, when the world's a little too grey.

ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
A spoonful of medicinal cough syrup washed down with sweet orange juice. More O'Musky than O'Fraiche.

by Maggy4u
by Maggy4u

Popular Gallagher Fragrances

Wicked Good by Gallagher Fragrances Behold, Patchouli by Gallagher Fragrances Rosé All Daé by Gallagher Fragrances Bergamust by Gallagher Fragrances Amongst Waves by Gallagher Fragrances Pearfecto by Gallagher Fragrances Fineapple by Gallagher Fragrances Evergreen Dream by Gallagher Fragrances Carpe Cafe by Gallagher Fragrances The Silk Series - Black Currant Silk by Gallagher Fragrances O'Vert by Gallagher Fragrances The Silk Series - Tobacco Silk by Gallagher Fragrances iloreN by Gallagher Fragrances Rosé Noir by Gallagher Fragrances The Silk Series - Bergamot Silk by Gallagher Fragrances The Silk Series - Vanilla Silk by Gallagher Fragrances Bergamust Noir by Gallagher Fragrances Peaches & Campfires by Gallagher Fragrances Liberalis Hortus by Gallagher Fragrances Sine Nomine by Gallagher Fragrances