Behold, Patchouli 2020

Behold, Patchouli by Gallagher Fragrances
Behold, Patchouli is a popular perfume by Gallagher Fragrances for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is earthy-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydesAldehydes BergamotBergamot Egyptian bitter orangeEgyptian bitter orange Italian blood orangeItalian blood orange OrangeOrange Italian clementineItalian clementine Tunisian neroliTunisian neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesOmani frankincenseOmani frankincense ChocolateChocolate Spanish labdanumSpanish labdanum HoneyHoney AmberAmber Brazilian tonka bean absoluteBrazilian tonka bean absolute Cream sodaCream soda BenzoinBenzoin
Base Notes Base NotesAustralian sandalwoodAustralian sandalwood Tonkin muskTonkin musk Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 22.05.2022.

Signature Worthy
If you love patchouli as I do you need to at least try this. It is however more than just patchouli. It’s an exploration into the sum of all that patchouli is. The opening orange citrus, neroli, clementine is awesome. The orange melts into the dry chocolate, a bit of frankincense opens up and gives way a cream soda accord which is stunning and sweetens it up a little. Closing out to a beautiful patchouli with some sandalwood and vanilla. It is truly a stunning fragrance. It is a signature worthy fragrance. Albeit far different than my current signature frag. This may become my new signature. This to me can be worn in all season depending on your trigger finger. Also note once you pull that trigger unless lightly, your committed to it, because this lasts all day and some. This fragrance is strong and bold but not offensive. If wearing to work half sprays are more than adequate and probably appropriate.
The Best Patchouli Fragrance
Behold, Patchouli is a perfume which has also come to me completely unplanned. I received a manufacturer sample with a purchase in the souk. The brand Gallagher Fragrances eats in Germany also rather a virtually non-existent existence. The lack of dealers is certainly one of the main reasons for this.

Behold, Patchouli I see as a very interesting alternative to Musc Ravageur, clearly both are different, but I think fans of Musc Ravageur will also like Behold, Patchouli.
Behold, Patchouli has a very nice opening. There's pretty much every kind of orange to be smelled here. In addition, there is this very well integrated aldehyde note.

The heart note contains a concentrated load of patchouli, honey, chocolate, incense, the whole is accompanied by a gentle labdanum and sweet tonka bean note. The whole gives a strong animalik, which is quite pleasant by the fresh and fruity note.

The base with with the sandalwood and the musk round off the whole fragrance gently. Behold, Patchouli manages to pull a balancing act between Animalik and portable. In this form, I find this really unique.

The durability is perfect at over 12 hours and the silage is also strong for a good 6 hours over an arm's length, after which it becomes increasingly skin tight.

Behold, Patchouli is a perfume that deserves much more attention because it's great, unique and just fun to wear,
Patchouli Highclass
Right off the bat... Gallagher Fragrances has created a masterpiece with Behold Patchouli.

When I had read the fragrance pyramid, I first came doubts whether that could be what.

Usually the fragrances, where many fragrances are combined into one perfume are not really mine.
But I've also had to be taught better now and then.

Attentive I became on the fragrance by Polly's review.
The fragrance sample of Gabi gave me then the rest.

I sprayed the fragrance on and was surprised at the first moment because I had really only perceived chocolate.

But then went shortly thereon the fun los.
Citrus notes of various kinds joined in.
The fragrance became more and more interesting as honey and woody nuances brought along.

And then this Indonesian patchouli. What a blast.
Rarely I had a fragrance under the nose, where I could smell the fragrances so herrausriechen as with this perfume.
But what impressed me most is how changeable and recurring individual fragrances were. Whenever I thought that was it now with the citrus suddenly came the orange by and said hello.
Also the woody was a come and go.

For me really fascinating.

And then this noble patchouli that accompanies the fragrance all the time and ultimately gives it the noble finishing touches. Quite great class.

The fragrance is in every respect an elegant, stylish and also erotic companion.

Who now thinks he would be too sweet because of the fruit, not at all.

Yes what else can I say, this transformation and or performance what gives the fragrance is already great cinema.

But 180 euros for 100 ml are of course not cheap.

But a man with discipline must also be able to say NO. Especially if he already owns several bottles.
And I must confess I said no.

Namely NO, you wonderful smelling fragrance does not escape me. You I buy. Now it's on its way to me.

My God, I'm proud of myself. Pat me now only times a little on the shoulder. Class bought.

Oh yes.... Polly and Gabi you are to blame. :-))

Thanks for reading
Dark Patchouli 80%
First orange with chocolate.

After 15-30 minutes, finally, this orange goes back where it belongs and makes room for the most authentic and delicious chocolate patchouli blend I know.

So gourmand that even sniffing it made me briefly nauseous after a very expansive dinner.... As if I had virtually consumed an entire chocolate cake to it.

But was only a fragrance
Pollita
Patchouli in all its facets
On his website, Daniel Gallagher emphasizes that he wanted to illuminate all the properties of patchouli with this composition. How well he succeeded with Behold Patchouli, I can only confirm. A truly complex fragrance for great olfactory cinema. Anyone who wants to discover patchouli can do so here and then know the note with all its subtleties in detail. I must say, I'm really impressed, while also a bit overwhelmed.

Behold Partchouli starts first with various citrusy components. I recognize clearly an orange. Whether there is also clementine and bitter orange involved, my nose can not capture so exactly, but the fragrance starts with a freshly peeled citrus. I also detect the neroline note, though not as prominently as the orange. I attribute this fresh note that Behold Patchouli brings to the head to the aldehydes, which don't come across as soapy or waxy here at all, but merely provide some airiness. Caligari's association with Jaffa Cakes is one I can relate to. Since the patchouli and also the cocoa notes in the background are already well recognizable at this stage, this can give the impression of this sweet pastry filled with fine orange marmalade.

All in all, the prelude is kept relatively short. Very quickly, the protagonist shows what this is all about. Patchouli. And nothing else. Who, like me, Patchouli in connection with the Gothic clubs of the eighties and especially nineties has come to know, of course, here also at his expense. Also this impression, which one gets strengthened for example with a Palindrome II, resonates here at times. In addition, however, there is a fine warmth and sweetness that seems to permanently alternate with the earthiness of the patchouli. That's the other side of this coin. I smell vanilla, amber, benzoin and - chocolate. The finest cocoa powder is mixed in here with the earthy tones of the patchouli, so the scent seems to alternate between a light gourmand and a strong, dark scent. The tonka bean tries again and again to put an almost slightly sultry-sweet stamp on it, but patchouli, which is also supported by a wonderfully fine sandalwood the more it goes towards the base, knows how to defend itself well against this.

The scent is great! I'm still considering whether I should perhaps purchase it. But I always have the feeling to be overwhelmed by this permanent interplay.

My very first impression of Behold Patchouli I do not want to withhold from you. I thought at first, just as I would have liked Annette Neuffer's Stardust, but then drifted too quickly into the hippie direction. This Gallagher doesn't. Despite all its earthiness, it brings an elegance and transparency that suggests haute perfumery. Now and then, an impression of Chanel's Cormandel also flashes through here for me.

Behold Patchouli I recommend every fragrance lover who has a thing for patchouli. A little time for the journey should be taken thereby absolutely. To the price-performance ratio I can only say, yes, the is worth every penny.

Dear PallasCC, dear Caligari, thank you very much for this wonderful fragrance experience.

Dropped orange tootsie pop
Gallagher is back at it with another fragrance that reminds me of food and makes me hungry. This time I shall keep it short, sweet, and to the point. As this fragrance doesn’t need much of an explanation for why it is good, it just is. Behold Patchouli smells like what it tastes to reach the tootsie roll center of an orange tootsie pop. A real dark pulpy orange that smells like you just crushed it with your bare hands and sniffed the remaining rinds, smooth tootsie roll-esque chocolate, and some faint earthy, ambery, and honeyed touches to round it off. A great gourmand and a great all around cold weather scent, easy to recommend and easier to love, but try before you buy.

Landshark321
Chocolate and patchouli with a hint of orange - bold and fun
The latest release from the Maryland-based Gallagher Fragrances is Behold, Patchouli, a standout mix of patchouli and chocolate, principally, that really makes quite the impression upon first spray. It’s very dark, dense, and rich, really an explosion of chocolate and patchouli with slightly subtle vibes of orange and spices underneath. It’s mostly sweet but slightly dirty and earthy in the way that patchouli often is, and it feels like a good compromise for patchouli lovers and chocolate lovers alike.

It walks the tightrope between being playful/experimental/artistic and being serious and for special occasions. I think this could be pulled off by anyone who wants to be a bit audacious, especially in colder weather, and favors something opulent.

Still, for all its daringness, Behold, Patchouli feels reasonably balanced. Though it leans toward the chocolate, it’s not overwhelmingly sweet and the patchouli feels appropriately proportionate. More patchouli would make it too dirty and not sweet enough, and more chocolate would make it too close to a full gourmand.

Overall, this is an impressive creation that warrants trying. It’s great to see releases like this that push boundaries and it’s the perfect time of year (in the northern hemisphere) for a dark concoction like this. Bravo to Daniel Gallagher for this fun perfume.

Currently priced at $185 for 100ml, Behold, Patchouli is priced on the higher end of the line, but given the ingredients and performance, this makes sense to me, and the pricing is reasonable, again under that $2/ml line I cite as quite great for niche/independent companies.

8 out of 10

SmellsFargoSmellsFargo 1 year ago
This is what i would imagine an orgy in Charlotte's Web would smell like; intriguing though.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
The first minutes, you get a sweet chocolate with bitter orange. Then a gourmand patchouli, creamy and chocolaty. At last, amber and musk.

by Bastian
by Meinesonne85
by Venomrock101
by Venomrock101

Popular by Gallagher Fragrances

Wicked Good by Gallagher Fragrances Rosé All Daé by Gallagher Fragrances The Silk Series - Vanilla Silk by Gallagher Fragrances O'Vert by Gallagher Fragrances Bergamust by Gallagher Fragrances Amongst Waves by Gallagher Fragrances Fineapple by Gallagher Fragrances Evergreen Dream by Gallagher Fragrances Pearfecto by Gallagher Fragrances Carpe Cafe by Gallagher Fragrances The Silk Series - Black Currant Silk by Gallagher Fragrances O'Fraiche by Gallagher Fragrances The Silk Series - Tobacco Silk by Gallagher Fragrances Rosé Noir by Gallagher Fragrances iloreN by Gallagher Fragrances The Silk Series - Bergamot Silk by Gallagher Fragrances Bergamust Noir by Gallagher Fragrances Peaches & Campfires by Gallagher Fragrances Liberalis Hortus by Gallagher Fragrances Sine Nomine by Gallagher Fragrances