Brooklyn 2017

Brooklyn by Gallivant
Brooklyn is a popular perfume by Gallivant for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still available to purchase.

Giorgia Navarra

Base Notes Base NotesBlond woodsBlond woods
BenzoinBenzoin
AmberAmber
MuskMusk

Submitted by M3000, last update on 21.01.2022.

Favourite island
In the summer of 2019, I went on holiday to one of our beautiful North Sea islands. Two days before departure, I received a swap package, lovingly packed with plenty of samples. Since I had little time and muse before departure to test attentive fragrances, I just packed everything and took it with me to 'my' island.
The Internet reception there was quite poor, so I dared some 'blind tests', so did not look at the fragrance pyramid before. With Brooklyn I had serious concerns that it would not fit my holiday at all - with the name I thought of traffic noise, of exhaust fumes, of rushing people, dusty streets, dirty backyards; maybe also the smell of coffee pouring out of one of the many Starbucks and Co, spices from the street food trucks. Overall, I imagined a loud, crowded, smoky, restless smell.
And got the complete opposite. I was so firmly convinced that this must be a mistake. This is by far the only fragrance whose name (in my opinion) so does not, in any way, fit it. (I've therefore refused to call it 'Brooklyn' ever since, and just named it after my favorite island)

It smells like creamy cream orange ice cream with a hint of vanilla, like summer, like a good mood, like coming down and dangling in a hammock.
Slightly sweet, damn creamy (musk!!), fruity-orangy-citrusy, yet not at all pungently citrusy. I mean in the base also something nutty to perceive - perhaps walnut or something similar.
Definitely feminine. From the specified flowers I smell unfortunately little to nothing, a great scent progression there is also not. Is me personally in this case but quite right. The sillage slays one not necessarily, but that would be here also out of place.
This fragrance, combined with sun-warmed skin and the salty sea air...No, no matter what I write now, it would not do it justice.
My favorite summer companion when I just want to feel good and switch off.
Ajfe
I've never been to New York...
... so unfortunately I don't know the borough of Brooklyn personally.
From the smell I would directly pack the suitcases and go :)
It begins the morning with a dreamlike sunrise, divided by a few fogs that cover the city.
The balcony door opens and fresh cool air surrounds me.
In the kitchen for a hearty breakfast, a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice and a black tea with a squeeze of lemon.
Then off into the vibrant life of the city.
Casual and cool with jeans, white sneakers, flowered T-shirt and a red cardigan dressed we go!
Off to the park to enjoy nature.
Sun rays, flowers and the fresh air.
Simply wonderfully refreshing!
Sipping some fruity cocktails in a bar with friends in the evening.
Yes, that's it.
The scent is great.
Starts off fresh and breezy.
Some spice comes in; cardamom and incense.
Then the flower meadow in the sunshine.
Last but not least, the woods, which are not oppressive and amber/ musk gently accompany the fragrance to the finish.

Gallivant Brooklyn Review
This one is one of those fragrances that makes you smile when you wear it. That in itself is a good reason t try it, see my video review. I have been looking for something different to wear in warm weather and this might fit.

FragaddictedFragaddicted 5 days ago
May afternoon in the sun at Park Slope, warmth on the skin. Small flowers in the grass. Fresh air.

On Tour
by Taamii
by Taamii

Popular Gallivant

Istanbul by Gallivant Tel Aviv by Gallivant Tokyo by Gallivant Amsterdam by Gallivant London by Gallivant Berlin by Gallivant Los Angeles by Gallivant Bukhara by Gallivant Naples by Gallivant