3 - The Leather Jacket Eau de Performance (2018)

3 - The Leather Jacket Eau de Performance by Gammon
Bottle Design: Zhong Xiao

3 - The Leather Jacket Eau de Performance is a new perfume by Gammon for men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Beiersdorf.

Top Notes Top NotesBlack pepper, Pepperwood™, Clove leaf, Apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Osmanthus, Leather, Tobacco
Base Notes Base NotesBlond woods, Amber, Akigalawood®, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 21.05.2019

7.0 7.0 8.0/10

"Softie"
First of all: I like this gammon of the four riders best.

When I put on my leather jacket this morning and went to work, I stood in front of my scents again and waited for an "inspiration". Shortly I had Tom Ford's Tobacco Oud Intense in my hand and went with it into the kitchen to take my coffee with me on the way. I passed the gammon tester box and remembered my first test and impression. The proximity to Tom Fords TO Intense. And that there was one of those scents called Leather Jacket.

Immediately after spraying onto the left arm, I decide to apply a TO Intense spray to the right arm to find out if I was so wrong in a direct comparison. No, I'm not comparing the two right now - that would be neither effective nor fair. There's a resemblance. I'll say that much. Whereby of course the Oud part in the Ford delivers somehow more depth.

But now to the Gammon 3.

The scent starts somehow sweet-woody. Known. So no big "Hello, who are you?"
In principle not bad or reprehensible at all. Short impulses on the iris trend in men's fragrances flare up in me. The trend of polished edges.

Now one can justifiably ask the question whether the now socialized biker jacket can not also allow softer notes. I don't drive Harley, I don't reserve rocker hardness for myself. Not to mention such an image. The leather jacket is for me, felt what the denim jacket of the late 90s was. Everybody's got one. It's more fashionable than Marker.

So it doesn't have to creak. It doesn't even have to smell like leather. That's what I got the jacket for. But the start is right - soft. Almost unagitated. Can be quite nice, too.

In motion then - in the breeze of air - a little pepper is added. However, the fragrance remains rather woody-warm in character, slightly sweetish and with a slightly smoky tendency, minimal tobacco. That's how he stays. Constant. More like a warm aura. Easy to dose. In the course then with a discreet pencil note.

I thought long and hard about when and how I would find the leather in this fragrance. Somehow I can't. I have tested some leather scents in my collection and others beyond. This one ain't one for me. And therefore perhaps also easily wearable by more interested people. It's a scent you wear on your leather jacket. Not one that smells like a good leather jacket.

By the way, I think the Gammon 3 is even suitable for unisex if you like woody, slightly sweet scents.

To stick with a picture of the 90s, Gammon 3 is a softie for me. :)
Not a tough dog or a riotous brother. He is rather the calm, unagitated companion, who creates a nice atmosphere and fits perfectly into autumn just now.

I'm sure he'll find some Leather Jackets. And fans.

Popular Gammon

1 - The Black Tee Eau de Performance by Gammon 3 - The Leather Jacket Eau de Performance by Gammon 4 - The Black Hoodie Eau de Performance by Gammon 2 - The Black Suit Eau de Performance by Gammon Magic Musk by Gammon Musk Motion by Gammon Blue Water by Gammon Exciting Amber by Gammon Roman Nature by Gammon Fresh Feeling by Gammon Magnetic Sense by Gammon American Spirit by Gammon Cool Action by Gammon Individual Touch by Gammon Cool Passion by Gammon Modern Classic by Gammon