Eau de Grey Flannel 1997 Eau de Toilette

Eau de Grey Flannel (Eau de Toilette) by Geoffrey Beene
Bottle Design George Gottlieb
Eau de Grey Flannel (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Geoffrey Beene for men and was released in 1997. The scent is fresh-green. It was last marketed by French Fragrances, Inc.. Pronunciation

Givaudan

Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
Woody notesWoody notes
VetiverVetiver
MuskMusk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 01.10.2021.

2.5

Fresh/Woodsy Bargain Bin Jewel
Was wandering the Marshall's over my lunch break and ran into this frag. I remember making a mental note to check it out if I ever saw it on the shelf - thanks to the heads-up from Dan (Youtube: MyMickers), and his lovely wife Amanda.

Given that a 60ml bottle was marked at a ridiculous $6.99 USD, I grabbed a bottle off the shelf, plunked my change down and gladly walked out the door. I figured for about the price of a burger, if it didn't do anything else for me but become a room spray, it would have been worth the trouble.

Happily, this fragrance rises quite a bit above that level of wearability. It's still warm here in Houston at the moment, in the mid-80s, so it was a good day to try a fresh scent.

With 3 sprays, I get a slightly synthetic, but not terribly so, opening that smells fresh and ever so slightly woodsy and spicy. There are a few more notes than this in the pyramid, but the ones that stand out to me are the spicy top notes of Caraway and Star Anise and woodsy Cypress, heart notes of Eucalyptus and Lavender, and a bit of Sandalwood anchoring the base. I don't get anything dirty, smoky or overly green, including the Patch or Vetiver.

Sillage and projection seem moderate as I sit in my office, with just a little aura going on around me. Shouldn't be intrusive at all, and with moderate application, the scent itself should be OK for daily wear.

Eau de Grey Flannel is weightier than most fresh/aquatics I've tried, but its also far from gourmand or fougere territory. It strikes me as being at a midpoint between Nautica Voyage (but not as aquatic) and Perry Ellis 360 (but not as spicy). Those two are decent to very good frags for the price as well, so this is good company.

I like this one. Whereas I'm not wildly enthusiastic about really fresh/aquatic frags, this one has a bit more heft to it, making it distinctly masculine. It wears light and clean though, which I believe will be appealing to the GF as well, who favors that type of scent.

And seriously, at $6.99 for 60ml? Like most of us, I'm sure, I've occasionally spent much more and gotten less.

Solid 4.0/5.0 on it merits alone. Considering price, 4.5+/5.0, and very atypically, I would actually endorse a no-sniff blind buy if you ever have the opportunity.

RobbieXRobbieX 4 months ago
A fresh, clean and quite sweet Summer juice. Very pleasant.
GreMuserGreMuser 1 year ago
I'm trying not to be rude, but... I detect some pee smell, sorry. :(
ElysiumElysium 2 years ago
Blind purchase by reading the reviews. It's not bad nor disruptive, but clean, fresh. It cannot compete with Gray Flannel or Bowling Green.
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
It's just a smell of laundry detergent and has nothing to do with the original Gray Flannel.

by Beftus
by Beftus
by NasiGoreng
by NasiGoreng
by Michael
by Michael

Popular Geoffrey Beene

Bowling Green (Eau de Toilette) by Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel (Eau de Toilette) by Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel (After Shave Lotion) by Geoffrey Beene Geoffrey Beene (1999) (Eau de Toilette) by Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green (Cologne) by Geoffrey Beene Chance (Eau de Toilette) by Geoffrey Beene Red by Geoffrey Beene Geoffrey Beene (1999) (Parfum) by Geoffrey Beene Geoffrey Beene (1971) (Cologne) by Geoffrey Beene Geoffrey Beene (1971) (Perfume) by Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green (After-Shave Lotion) by Geoffrey Beene Eau de Grey Flannel (After Shave Lotion) by Geoffrey Beene Chance (Parfum) by Geoffrey Beene