Grey Flannel 1975Eau de Toilette

Grey Flannel (Eau de Toilette) by Geoffrey Beene
Grey Flannel (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Geoffrey Beene for men and was released in 1975. The scent is green-spicy. It was last marketed by French Fragrances, Inc.. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Galbanum, Neroli, Petitgrain, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Iris, Mimosa, Narcissus, Rose, Sage, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Almond, Tonka bean, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.01.2021.

Homesick
I haven't settled in too badly here and I'm not just saying that to make myself feel better.
And also not because you get used to everything.
I like both sunrises, I like our settlement
and I even like the Aviors.
Stupid name, but they actually call themselves
so, the Delta Tradux Translator is quite correct there.
Of course, Avior is an absolutely uninhabitable double
star and only moons 4 and 5 are reasonably comfortable.
And yes, it's true - I almost feel at home here on 5.
Not really at home - but still.
And only sometimes I feel a bit homesick -
Longing for woods, for example, for meadows, for
Mist, hay, flowers or green mountains. And for
other earthly goods.
And it is for these moments that I have Grey Flannel.
Luckily.
Some of you might call the top note at first
perhaps a little gruff, but believe me,
630 light years from Earth, you smell this
quite different.
It quickly grabs me, the grassy, tart potpourri,
around a very perky and dewy violet
note note rankt like beloved weeds hiding concrete.
A little lavender rises to my nose, calls
Provence memories on the plan and drives me
maybe once briefly a tear in the eyes.
Already it is wiped away again. Nonsense, just no
Sentimentalities please.
Gradually, everything becomes softer, slightly powdery and
Iris-muted, a bit of sage and maybe some
Narcissus are still in the game, rich green forest moss
seems to lie beneath everything, springy and reality
cushioning.
A green-fresh earth wind that is woody-balsamic and
almost a little tonka-sweet blows, slowly and patiently,
like the echo of a fairy tale in our dreams.
A walk in the woods in our minds, while a few hundred
Yards away, purple borse swamps waft.
(No, they're not really dangerous.)
And some more comes to mind - a large,
cool, airy flower shop, for example, with its
its own unique fragrance and flair. One in which you can
A little carnation for your buttonhole.
And of course a perfectly tailored suit, not
not necessarily Neapolitan, but more British. But
yet softer and more casually tailored, so more
Anderson & Sheppard than Henry Poole.
So in short - for me such a kind of calling card
of our good old Earth, as I have it roughly in
Memory.
So already a little distorted and transfigured.
But simply beautiful and of its own magic.
Old-fashioned?
Sure, as old-fashioned as the earth seems when
for 14 months in a G-127 ship.. in a G-127 ship for 14 months And not by choice. Well, if we had been a little bit more serious 25 years ago climate change a little bit more seriously,
maybe more than 10% of the Earth would still be.. would still be inhabitable. And all the moving would not have been necessary would not have been necessary. But what the hell.
You wonder what I'll do when the bottle is empty?
Well, by now there are no stars in the constellation of Ship's Keel
nor in the Horsehead Nebula, nor in any other galaxy
of this part of our beautiful universe even one
remote corner that is not supplied by Amazon.
Unfortunately, however, there are no other sources either -
but that's what everyone seems to have put up with.
Kids, I think I'm getting a little too
contemplative. I think I have to go out and talk to some nice
Talk to some nice Aviors about their vacation on Gliese 5.. play a round of golf quod. I'm already
quite good, level 7 about, if you let me a little
a little bit of cheating, and that's what the Aviors are good at,
i mean in cheating-ignoring.
We humans can do quite well, can't we?

my favorite scent
All scents and fragrances depend upon one's body chemistry. Grey Flannel works best with my body chemistry. I have tried many over the years and this one stands out. Go to an upscale department store and try some out. p.s. I like that it is not immensely popular. Rarity is quite nice.

The Darkest Green
Fahrenheit's father. No, I mean it seriously, if it wasn't for this scent Fahrenheit wouldn't exist. See the interview Peroslaise did recently to Michel Almairac's son.

I do not find this has an old grandpa vibe, I really don't. It's just the most green scent I've ever encountered. You know Chanel 19 green, but this is deep deep green.

Violets give it a soapy vibe which I absolutely adore, and I end up finding it to be quite relaxing! Good longevity and a bargain for the quality. Love it!
Love on the 2nd snoop
I had my eye on Grey Flannel for a long time and finally bought it last week. Full of anticipation and excitement (also because of the different and crassly contradictory evaluations here) I opened the bottle and allowed myself a first, tentative sniff. Hmm, what's that? Something dusty and musty is making its way. I need to know more. Spray the first bump on my wrist and wait a few seconds. Ok, the dusty one is still there, but it flies away quite fast, then a wild lemon-floral mixture comes to the front. It's quite pleasant, but doesn't quite convince me yet, but then my Achilles' heel comes out: moss! All right, I admit defeat! The smell is just what I need! While the beginning was confusing and caused a few moments of disappointment, the finale is pleasant and convincing.

Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene - Or How to make a Fougere 101
A couple of months ago I started an exercise of buying the MOST popular men's fragrances released since 1975 and instantly hit upon Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene, and a shitload of varying opinions ranging from 'this smells like a dead body' to 'my nasal passages got burnt' to how 'Green Irish Tweed and Cool Water should tip their hats to the grand daddy of fougeres'.

It was these contrasts that interested me and frankly how cheap it was (AED 57/- in UAE) , that it wouldn't harm even if it did end up smelling like a morgue, I could throw it away. I decided to take a leap of faith.

Before the smell the first thing that grabbed my attention was the simplistic yet sophisticated packaging of the perfume, which projected the persona of a man whose feet are grounded to earth and yet stands out from the lot and rightly so I salute this peculiarity about the perfume. Since it is the same aura that defines this fragrance, its fame and its ultimate humility.

The green and less than exuberant bottle with a sticker on further solidified my opinion, but whatever preconcieved notions I might have had about the smell and its price were given a kick in the butt as the jigsaw finally fell into place.

The opening burst which to my nose is still one of the most potent openings ever smells of lemon/neroli and bergamot, and is reminiscent of water sprayed on freshly cut grass in spring, or standing on a green patch of land in the rain and the smell of the grass and moist wet earth.

This opening lingers for a while and grabs your nose and your mind from the first spritz.

After this the scent morphs into a much more simple, clean, slightly spicy and crisp powdery violet and oakmoss fragrance which throughout its ending retains its linear potency for a good 7-8 hours since application. With a pretty strong sillage as well.

I finally ended up understanding the literal 'green' of the bottle.

In my humble opinion, I consider this perfume to be a staple of fougere scent and a definite inspiration for classics such as Cool Water and Green Irish Tweed, among others, who may have extended or polished the fougere portfolio but have nit mastered it. For a collector of perfumes to simply not have it in their collection would be a serious blasphemy. Just buy it and don't use it, if you really hate it that much.

Now, an important note that I want to make , which is about the hate that is going around this perfume.

Although I understand that this is quite a subjective issue, but Grey Flannel challenges and smells like dead bodies, seriously !!!

This fragrance is an acquired taste and appeals to a mature segment or cross section of the people. A lot of hate that is being thrown by users, belong to a very young age category, they would probably have to give it some time to truly appreciate the simple elegance of this gem. To the young noses, this scent would definitely smell outdated ( 1975 duh !!! ).

But consider the time and era this perfume represented and how much of an influence this grand daddy of fougere fragrances has had in the perfume world, it is hard to find even niche fragrance houses escaping its shadow of greatness.

I have always loved the smell of rain on the grass, and if there is a single scent that truly encapsulates that single moment lingering in time it has to be Grey Flannel.

Take a leap of faith and give in to the power that is Grey Flannel.

Rating: B +
pudelbonzo
Friends are like stars...
... you can't always see them - but they're always there.

My best friend and I are an example that friendships between man and woman work - also, or just when some eroticism crackles in between.

In any case, we love the feeling - and love to find each other attractive and desirable.
In addition there is deep affection and understanding.

We like to go out together - and sunbathe in being perceived as a beautiful couple.

And when the couples move home at an advanced hour, he says to me: You see - they have to go home together - we are allowed to go to bed separately.
That has its charm, though.

And during the welcoming embrace we immerse ourselves extensively in the scent of the other.

Grey Flannell is something I particularly like to perceive in my boyfriend, because on the one hand he looks distinguished - but on the other he also has a discreet sex appeal.
A gentleman with a tendency to go astray.
Mysterious and exciting at the same time.

We share our secrets - which are indeed exciting - but stay among ourselves.
Because the gentleman enjoys - and is silent.
The lady too.
Between us we make an exception.

We are always close - even if we are separated by many kilometres in the meantime.

Friends are like stars - one about Bochum - the other about Berlin.
5.5
ShaunBaker
A violet with a difference
Look, I'm Grey Flannel, you've already put on a strong scent today? What's that? Half an hour ago? No problem, two splashes from me and you won't notice the lukewarm water from earlier anymore, because now I am here and I stay, and yes, I am stronger than all the others, even if you don't like me or don't like me because of my self-confident appearance, that doesn't matter to me, I put my head above it. You want to dose me discreetly? Try it, it will do you no good, for I will perform as my Creator has intended. You don't have to see me first, you can smell me and when it's against the wind! Hahaaaa

Honestly, when I first found Grey Flannel in a niche perfumery and tested it, I was very flashed. Especially since I had Knize Ten on my wrist for the first time that day. Whew! I can tell you the two battles to win, each of them wanted to be stronger, but I have to admit: GF has won...

Knize Ten, a leather beast as it is written in beech, trampled down by flowers, albeit apparently withered flowers. Where the Knize gradually mutates into a gentleman, Grey Flannel remains steadfast and you literally get a violet missed, not on the eye, but on or in the nose. In addition, the Green Beast strikes with plenty of rose geranium, other hardcore flowers and above all oak moss! That's where the air gets away for a moment. So far this has happened with Kouros, which should also be enjoyed with caution. Meanwhile I have learned to love firecrackers like Kouros or Knize Ten, but I still don't know how to deal with the grey flannel...

One spray too much and we land at my first paragraph :D

Concerning the durability it can be said: Even in the current version there are still well 8h in it, the Sillage should be room-filling in the first hour and the vulture knows what has ridden me, but currently I have about 700ml of this juice, that would certainly be enough to keep predators all over Africa away from me or so...

All in all, I don't think it's bad, but with the right dosage, I don't really want to succeed with it.

My first self-purchased
Inspired by a gift whose scent I liked and finally pushed me to delve deeper into the subject, I, as a co-reader at Parfumo, went in search of oakmoss: a scent that I know and admire from its most natural source - from oakmoss to rain and thaw. I found what I was looking for on Grey Flannel's scent list. Short test in the perfumery around the corner, even if the online purchase would have been much cheaper, but there very irritated by the hefty shop price, but what the heck. I want to have and bagged. Fortunately, the strong top note disappears quickly, and after 10 minutes the oakmoss note, which is so important to me, remains and unfolds increasingly. Unobtrusive, slightly bitter, she holds and remains. A harmonic fragrance composition that is as stimulating as it is relaxing, natural and solid, wonderful!

The perfume of Achilles
As an amateur ... this perfume on me only emanates ... violets ... violets ... violets. Honestly, today a man who smells of violets ... !!! ??? .. .e is atypical. But ... this perfume is a total mystery. It's like when you feel it ... you don't care anymore ... it's Achilles' favorite perfume ... it whispers a voice from the past.
And then ... it's clear ... !!!
If you want a perfume beyond time ... this is ...

Grey Flannel Review
I wonder if no one mentions the scent like a chemistry lab that lasts long from the opening, while mentioning the fresh green, herbal, mossy, soapy scent. Because the psychotic and insecure atmosphere is what makes Gray Flannel so special and unique. Indeed, GF was the signature fragrance of John Gotti, the boss of the Gambino family, and the scent of hygienic compulsion that goes beyond neatness makes you much more dominant man than any other macho scents.

Gray Flannel is far from elegant, luxurious or seductive scent. When Dexter cuts the game's face with his scalpel, the scent that comes from him is probably GF. I honestly hope that no one except me wears it, but at the same time I hope to recommend it to other crazy good guys. There's no scent in this world can be compared to Gray Flannel. I will always keep this by my side even if the price of GF goes up ten times more than now.

SyedSyed 12 months ago
Grey Flannel - The Master Fougere Scent
AmberScentAmberScent 1 year ago
Earthy and powdery violet blended with a green bitter-smelling forest quality moss. An interesting old timer but not really my type.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
A precious jewel for moss lovers, which I'm not. Nevertheless a potent old school, complex, versatile fragrance. A fougére icon for all men.
ElysiumElysium 2 years ago
It's ruled by galbanum, violet, and oakmoss. It blends many blooms, typical of feminine perfumes, with more masculine notes. Powdery & soapy
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
4.5
A green flowery violet. I used it 25 years ago, but wouldn’t wear it today.

..der Himmel glühte wirklich...
by AromaX
by Zauber600
by skanvidou
by skanvidou

Popular Geoffrey Beene

Bowling Green (Eau de Toilette) by Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel (After Shave Lotion) by Geoffrey Beene Eau de Grey Flannel (Eau de Toilette) by Geoffrey Beene Geoffrey Beene (1999) (Eau de Toilette) by Geoffrey Beene