Bitter Sweet by George Gina & Lucy

Bitter Sweet is a popular perfume by George Gina & Lucy for women and was released in 2013. The scent is oriental-leathery. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesAngelica seed, Black pepper, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack suede, Jasmine, Heliotrope
Base Notes Base NotesBlack vanilla, Tonka bean, Opoponax

Submitted by Aquila2110, last update on 07.10.2019

8.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

My cat wouldn't like it
As already with Cuir Beluga, the indicated scent twin, I smell right at the beginning something, which I can describe only provisionally as very prominent "veterinary practice note".
Anyone who's got a pet knows what I mean. This particular, very, very unique smell that prevails in veterinary practices. Medically somehow, huige ethereal oils, ointment-like... What the hell is this? And where does that come from? Is this the interplay of suede & vanilla?
I find the note extremely irritating both here and there.

Then, however, it starts. Bitter Sweet lives up to its name and it begins to develop very strangely on me. I have a feeling something's going really bad right now. Notes such as tar or musty water emerge very prominently. Something acidic like an ancient puddle in the laundry room. Chemical-synthetic like the smell of a building site or electricity.
I also find the sour-bitter-modern notes very irritating. I blame the pepper for that.
This strange interlude lasts about 10 minutes.

Then it will be really nice!
Then finally the creamy, flattering vanilla comes out, soft, tender.
Powder-sweet, almost buttery flowers float on it. That's how the scent should have been from the beginning. Mmmmh! Now it's even more beautiful than the Cuir Beluga, I think. The vanilla is not sweet, not gourmandig, rather orchid-like-blooded in the float held by tender suede.

CONCLUSION
The top note smells like in the veterinary practice. Hmm. The transition to the heart note is sour-bitter, the pepper has a strong disturbing effect. But once you've overcome the two stadiums, it becomes beautifully velvety vanilla beautiful. Similarity to Cuir Beluga is clear, but CB seems somehow more balanced, and it has mandarin, which I love very much. Bitter Sweet, on the other hand, has the (for me) more beautiful heart note, somewhat more flowery, sweeter & less alcoholic-thin (due to the additional jasmine). Both fragrances are nevertheless individual. Bitter Sweet also has the better sillage, I think, the one from CB I find very weak & thin turned out.

For me personally, however, Cuir Beluga probably wins, since it simply does not have the stage of unpleasant notes.

Oh! And what I also noticed by chance: on warm skin the scent is much better (creamy vanilla-sweet) than on cold skin (horrible acid-modern notes, chemical, only a hint of subtle vanilla).
Maybe vanilla simply needs a certain amount of skin warmth to develop its fragrance.
8.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Bittersweet Female Conductor
I had a sample sent to me because the fragrance pyramid appealed to me very much.
Bittersweet starts for my nose spicy-herb-ledrig only in the undertone I perceive quite easily vanilla. After a few minutes of wearing, it becomes a little warmer, more vanilla and creamy. Despite the beautiful vanilla it is not sweet but rather balanced in itself, because the creaminess of the vanilla and the warm jasmine are nicely balanced with the tangier leather and the spicy note with a hint of smokiness.

Very nice unsweet sweet spicy spicy and herb creamed, the word bittersweet fits very well. I feel very comfortable and warm with this fragrance, an ideal companion for cooler temperatures that very sensually flatters the femininity.
I think it's unnecessary to mention that I bought a bottle right away. The price is great and the fragrance is not everyday or to smell at every corner, one could quite put it under a higher-priced manufacturer's house.

by Minea