Royal Secret 1958 Cologne

Royal Secret (Cologne) by Germaine Monteil
Royal Secret (Cologne) is a popular perfume by Germaine Monteil for women and was released in 1958. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

JasmineJasmine SpicesSpices

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 29.12.2021.

Coutureguru
Memory lane still smells quite sweet :)
In the late 80's I was still an Amateur Ballroom dancer (I turned Professional in '95) competing at Championship level ( the top level for Amateurs in those days) and my partner wore this delicious fragrance as her "everyday" signature. She also wore Opium, but that's another story! I remember vividly holding her in my arms and being awash with this amazing fragrance! We must have smelled quite the pair, because I was very fond of Lagerfeld back then :o). Her wonderful grandma used to keep us stocked up ... she loved us smelling good. This fragrance is a Tango before it becomes a Waltz and then gently subsides into a Matt Monroe Slow Foxtrot.

In a moment of weakness and for old time's sake I looked this up online. WHO THE HELL IS THE FIVE STAR FRAGRANCE COMPANY???? Some knock off outfit no doubt!!! I guess Germaine Monteil has been sold ... this reformulation crap makes me SOOOO mad!!! The juice isn't even the same color! It's like these people are stealing an identity.

Update:

Here I go, having to eat my words again LOL. I tracked some of this down today (by accident really browsing a drugstore fragrance aisle) but anyhow, there it was! I was quite surprised that the same RS logo still appears all over it so I turned the bottle over and lo and behold ... this stuff is made and bottled here in South Africa under licence from Five Star. Intrigued I took off the tester's cap and gave it a good old spray. It's actually as good as it ever was *munching loudly on humble pie*. This could definitely work on the right guy too! Awesome fragrance if you are into heavy orientals ... I have never, remotely seen this as a chypre floral. No need for a vintage ... this is still great!!!

by Susan
by Griseldis
by Mustafa
by Mustafa

Popular by Germaine Monteil

Bakír (Perfume) by Germaine Monteil L'Eau de Monteil by Germaine Monteil Le Nouveau Parfum by Germaine Monteil Bain Douceur by Germaine Monteil Bel Été by Germaine Monteil Soon by Germaine Monteil Galore (Cologne) by Germaine Monteil Germaine by Germaine Monteil Champagne (Eau de Toilette) by Germaine Monteil Realm (Cologne) by Germaine Monteil Bakír (Cologne) by Germaine Monteil Nostalgia (Cologne) by Germaine Monteil Royal Secret Sensual by Germaine Monteil Nostalgia (Eau Concentrée) by Germaine Monteil Noël by Germaine Monteil Fleur Sauvage (Eau Concentrée) by Germaine Monteil New Love by Germaine Monteil Frou-Frou by Germaine Monteil Laughter / Rigolade (Eau de Toilette) by Germaine Monteil Monaco for Men by Germaine Monteil