Gianfranco Ferré (1984) Eau de Toilette

Gianfranco Ferré (Eau de Toilette) by Gianfranco Ferré
Bottle Design: Pierre Dinand

Gianfranco Ferré (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Gianfranco Ferré for women and was released in 1984. The scent is floral-spicy. It was last marketed by Diana de Silva.

Annie Buzantian

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Hyacinth, Jasmine, Coriander, Lily-of-the-valley, Orange blossom, Tuberose, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Honeysuckle, Orris root, Mandarin, Narcissus, Orange blossom, Orchid, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Benzoin, Musk, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Civet

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.09.2019

8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Jazzy76
"Milano da bere" (Milan to drink)
I had a miniature of the vintage scent and what I'm about to write refers to it.
This rich and very "ladylike" fragrance is the perfect symbol of the rich and opulent "Milano da bere"of the Italian 80es.Managers, ladies inn furs, yuppies, crazy nights or soirées at the opera, maybe for the prémière at La Scala.
This fragrance is the perfect lady's touch of class. It's a true symphony of refined scents opening with flowery-spicy notes and a solo of vibrant tuberose. At the heart, a powdery triad of carnation, orris and narcissus, giving that refined and classy touch. Finally, an oriental animalic base, typical of the great 80es fragrances, where the Woods and the civet last on your skin for hours and hours.
It's an important perfume with a very warm and well composed bouquet and a surprising sillage,certainly not a fragrance to wear everyday at the office, but perfect to add the last touch of class to a night outfit or to a fur in winter.
Well done, Gianfranco.You're unforgettable. R.I.P.
2.5 5.0 7.5 8.0/10

Awesomeness
Floral-Phobs - Take Note!
There's a whole lotta white florals in the composition, and I normally don't like white flowers, but I like this. It feels like a floral aldehyde, in a 1980s style but not quite as loud. I get a bit of powdery orris, plus the oiliness of benzoin. Those two accords really balance out the florals in the arrangement to me, making this a floral fragrance that I like to wear rather than one that I'd avoid.

Well done, and highly recommended for sampling, even for closet floral-phob's like me.
5.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Surprisingly Caronesque
If I had tested GIANFRANCO FERRE blind, I would have guessed that it came from the house of Caron. In fact, the opening reminds me somewhat of PARFUM SACRE. There is a rich balminess which in the case of GF probably derives from a big dose of benzoin conjoined with the orris root, clove, civet, amber, and musk.

I love the texture of this edt, which seems to me closer to pure perfume. It is very dense and waxy. Although the composition seems in some ways classic, it also seems pretty unique. It's definitely not oriental in the currently popular way, with sweet vanilla, patchouli, etc. Nor is this a chypre. I'd categorize GIANFRANCO FERRE as sui generis.

Especially striking for me is that this is a rare case of a perfume with a notable clove note which does not ruin the composition for me. Here, somehow clove works with the civet and the moss. Both evernia prunastri and evernia furfuracea are listed among the ingredients.

Definitely worth trying by those who appreciate the aesthetic of the perfumes of the house of Caron. I suspect that the reviewers who are describing this creation as a sweet fruity-floral perfume are sniffing another one of the perfumes of this house, which confusingly uses nearly the same name for something like four of their offerings.
7.5 7.5 10.0 10.0/10

white flower heaven
After seeing its notes Im really suprised. Lots of white flowers in this one, and normal;ly I really dislike white flowers in a scent coz they always makes me nauseous. But not this perfume I love it very mutch. For me its a sweet floral perfume. Almost sugary strawberry but strawberry isnt listed in its notes. I think its the orchid thats dominant on my skin. actually a white flower scent wich I like

Chimidoro 3 years ago
From my bottle this is straight up WHISKEY, but on my skin it's all light, soft, subtly earthy daisy chains.+4

by TIA1971
by TIA1971
by Ginger
by Ginger
by IrisNobile
Dem Wasserstrudel widerstehen ...
by MadameLegras
Exclusiv und nur für HASI ;-))
by Florblanca