Botrytis 2008

Botrytis by Ginestet
Botrytis is a perfume by Ginestet for women and was released in 2008. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is still in production.

Amber, Honey, Honey cake, Candied fruits, Quince, White blossoms

Submitted by Snowflake, last update on 04.01.2020.

A grower
I'll be honest, I'm not an expert, I just know what I like and am slowly learning all the various notes etc. I am terrible for blind buying ( I know!) and this scent was one of them. At first I didn't get all the hype on Fragrantica, it smelt cheap and I was tempted to wash off! But, I Percivered as I believe that there are no " nasty" fragrances, just different tastes, perceptions and even skin chemistry. This scent morphed into the most ethereal, light honey that was quite enjoyable! It's not in my top 10 but i'm glad to have it in my collection.

sweet like urine
Isn't it fascinating to see how differently we react to particular perfumes? I got a sample of this one from Luckyscent when it first came out and was so excited to have the smell of honey cake (a celebration smell!) in a perfume.

Unfortunately, I do know how it smells when a man urinates on urban concrete and the urine takes on a nauseating sweetish smell as it dries in the sun. And that's exactly how Botrytis smells to me. This is why I'm so glad that there are several reliable businesses selling samples and decants of perfumes, so I need not buy an expensive bottle of something that reminds me of piss.

Sweet Wine is Heavenly
Sure it's sweet, but this Sauternes is complex
Layer upon layer of honey and exotic fruit, make it a spectacularly complex dessert wine.
YUMMMMM!
isn't that what "SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF"

decadent sweetness!
My goodness! In a word, decadent! I get a smell like fine whiskey sniffing straight out of the bottle, so I was a little apprehensive about this little jewel. Boy, was I mistaken. I get at first, honey, and the dried fruits. After about 20-30 minuites, the white flowers developed which cut the sweetness and lent it elegance and sensuality. It's hard to explain the way this beauty is comforting and sensual at the same time. I about dismissed botrytis as a cloyingly sweet mess, but it is overall a scent of pure excess, and gluttony, well composed. It lasted all day. I applied this morning and it has developed well, I catch a very slight powdery note, but it did not last long. A scent of seductive, sexual sweetness!

by Serduszko