Acqua di Giò 1995

Acqua di Giò by Giorgio Armani
Acqua di Giò is a perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and was released in 1995. The scent is fresh-floral. It was last marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Banana leaf, Peony, Peach, Violet, Vodka, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Hyacinth, Jasmine, Lily, Lily-of-the-valley, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood, Styrax, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 27.10.2020.

Giorgio Armani Aqua Di Gio
Giorgio Armani Aqua Di Gio, is one of my favorites. The scent nestles them so gently on the skin. . . it is awakened by me very gladly in spring/summer and is put to sleep with the beginning of autumn ... it is a long-lasting companion, which shines even in the evening. His appearance is discreet and not even decadent. ... for me an enrichment in my collection
The fresh morning dew
When the morning dew
Touched your fingers.

If the freshness of the fog
Your senses are beguiled.

When in the green wood
tropical fruits suddenly appear.

And you the elf with a
Cigarette and vodka invoked.

Yeah, then you know, you have
Aqua di Gio sprayed.

Melon Morphs to Molten Plastic
It's definitely the synthetic melon note in ACQUA DI GIO which explains why wearing EAU D'ISSEY reminded me of this attractive 50ml bottle of green liquid hidden for years in the back of my armoir, half full, and eventually swapped away.

ACQUA DI GIO, another sweet pseudo-aquatic in the spirit and tradition of CK ESCAPE, somehow rubs me wrong from start to finish. It's definitely not emetic at the outset--I do not feel compelled to run and scrub it off. On the other hand, I also cannot say that I particularly enjoy it either, which explains why I all but forgot about its very existence.

Unfortunately, ACQUA DI GIO does not evolve into something better in the drydown. Instead, the melon opening morphs slowly into something like a molton plastic smell, which reminds me of the time I left a spatula on a hot burner. Désolée!

Awesomeness
Sensitive to White Florals? Acqua di Giò is a killer.
I love how Acqua di Giò opens. At the top, I sensed musk and vodka straight away without knowing that they were listed notes. Unfortunately, my adoration ends there. Acqua di Giò turns sweet on me, too sweet, far too sweet. And the white florals aren't right for me. I had to scrub this one, as the white florals became just too irritating for me. Too bad too - love the opening & really wanted to see where this fragrance was headed.

If you're sensitive to white florals like I am, beware of Acqua di Giò - It's a killer.

Summer perfection
Acqua di Gio is a very intriguing scent and I can't believe I haven't tried this before now.

It's a little bit aquatic, extremely fresh and revitalising, unique and Summery.

Acqua di Gio isn't all fruits, in fact the heart of this fragrance is quite possibly one of the nicest floral blends you will ever discover.

The opening has just the right amount of sillage. The peony, pineapple, musky vodka, lemon and peach are light and shampoo-like. My favourite aspect of Acqua di Gio is the heart of course, which is a beautiful blend of white florals and banana leaf.

This fragrance reminds me of an Avon shampoo that I owned as a child. I used to wash my Barbie doll's hair with it, so this fragrance takes me back to my girlhood. I'll agree with the other reviewers that described Acqua di Gio as being a 'straight out of the shower' kind of scent. It is indeed very clean and fresh.

There isn't many scents to compare to Acqua di Gio. It's one of a kind. I highly recommend.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
A 90es summer cult: fresh floral with aquatic notes, this scent ( in its elegant and minimal bottle)is a real pleasure in the hottest season

by Irini
Giorgio Armani - Acqua di Giò (1995)
by Morpheus1
by NannyPlum
by NannyPlum
by Normajean12
by Normajean12
Giorgio Armani - Acqua di Giò (1995)
by Morpheus1
Who's ready for vodka on the beach?
by Andreas09
by Süchtig
by Miieenchen
by Miieenchen

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Iris Céladon by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Fumé by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani