Acqua di Giò (1995)

Acqua di Giò by Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò is a perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and was released in 1995. The scent is fresh-floral. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Banana leaf, Peony, Peach, Violet, Vodka, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Hyacinth, Jasmine, Lily, Lily-of-the-valley, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood, Styrax, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.01.2020.

9.0 5.0 7.0 9.0/10

Santalwalti
Giò can refresh much more than on warm days...
This tiny little pouring bottle, which I received as a gift from Gold (thank you very much, my dear), already delighted me in the persistently warm summer of 2018, and in these early summer days I feel the same again with Acqua di Giò. But the little treasure can refresh much more than on hot days.

There is a sparkling shine over all these fragrances of fresh green, a colourful flower meadow and delicious fruit, which show themselves from the beginning completely and do not change in the further process any more magnificently. I particularly like the base notes, which are creamy and smooth right from the start and let me hear notes of sweet sandalwood and spicy cedar. Warmed by the sun, particularly noble musk oil flows like a small stream through the filigree fragrance fabric and causes a fascinating shimmer, just as the sun brings the moving surface of the water to its path, plays with it at will and reflects many a thing that is on the shore. This polyphonic and melodious chord is invigorating and conveys a comforting sense of security. All this is also finely ambrified.
This is obviously a feat, because the fragrance conveys both natural freshness and full-length noblesse. It is an elegant perfume that convincingly unites different things... bright light and hidden, exhilarating and introverted, graceful elegance and simple naturalness, lovely sweetness and balsamic seasoning

Sounds fabulous - so beautiful. But Giò is actually such a charming companion through the day. He walks with me for about 4 hours, maybe longer, but then he continues to work for hours. And I think it would also be suitable for an evening rendezvous at the opera or in a chic restaurant. To my mind, this is a very feminine perfume, but sometimes I like to smell feminine, soft, soft, sweet notes on a man... So the fragrance is a real all-rounder with a high level, it has that certain something, which is perhaps due to the finely balanced, never obtrusive lily of the valley.

I enjoy the odeur of velvety peach skin, a freshly sliced pineapple and I smell a lot of banana - I always find banana pleasant in scents and I notice its aroma in many scents, although it is almost never performed. But maybe there is a similarly smelling fragrance, of which I do not yet know?

On the spring-like meadow a half-filled pink peony blossoms with an intense citric-malty scent, next to which I smell the freesias I love. I would like to imagine a grapey, bright white hyacinth, but I don't smell a lily, as I know it from other fragrances, which sets the tone in most cases, here.

When I close my eyes, and I often do so to intensify my perception of smells, I see in front of me a glittering pearl jewellery of dew on grasses, flowers and fruits. I walk leisurely over it and follow the louder sound of a gurgling stream and let my gaze wander (with my eyes still closed), I discover a long forgotten pile of wood... light-coloured, spicy wood that was felled a long time ago and now brings new life to the soil over the years. Right there I settle down, sit down in the grass, look at the wood and the beetles that crawl around eagerly, and suddenly I feel as if someone is handing me a glass of deliciously fresh morning dew, but with sweats - because there's vodka in it!
6.0 6.0 8.0 8.5/10

The fresh morning dew
When the morning dew
Touched your fingers.

If the freshness of the fog
Your senses are beguiled.

When in the green wood
tropical fruits suddenly appear.

And you the elf with a
Cigarette and vodka invoked.

Yeah, then you know, you have
Aqua di Gio sprayed.
10.0 7.5 7.5 3.0/10

Melon Morphs to Molten Plastic
It's definitely the synthetic melon note in ACQUA DI GIO which explains why wearing EAU D'ISSEY reminded me of this attractive 50ml bottle of green liquid hidden for years in the back of my armoir, half full, and eventually swapped away.

ACQUA DI GIO, another sweet pseudo-aquatic in the spirit and tradition of CK ESCAPE, somehow rubs me wrong from start to finish. It's definitely not emetic at the outset--I do not feel compelled to run and scrub it off. On the other hand, I also cannot say that I particularly enjoy it either, which explains why I all but forgot about its very existence.

Unfortunately, ACQUA DI GIO does not evolve into something better in the drydown. Instead, the melon opening morphs slowly into something like a molton plastic smell, which reminds me of the time I left a spatula on a hot burner. Désolée!
2.0/10

Awesomeness
Sensitive to White Florals? Acqua di Giò is a killer.
I love how Acqua di Giò opens. At the top, I sensed musk and vodka straight away without knowing that they were listed notes. Unfortunately, my adoration ends there. Acqua di Giò turns sweet on me, too sweet, far too sweet. And the white florals aren't right for me. I had to scrub this one, as the white florals became just too irritating for me. Too bad too - love the opening & really wanted to see where this fragrance was headed.

If you're sensitive to white florals like I am, beware of Acqua di Giò - It's a killer.
5.0 7.5 8.0/10

Summer perfection
Acqua di Gio is a very intriguing scent and I can't believe I haven't tried this before now.

It's a little bit aquatic, extremely fresh and revitalising, unique and Summery.

Acqua di Gio isn't all fruits, in fact the heart of this fragrance is quite possibly one of the nicest floral blends you will ever discover.

The opening has just the right amount of sillage. The peony, pineapple, musky vodka, lemon and peach are light and shampoo-like. My favourite aspect of Acqua di Gio is the heart of course, which is a beautiful blend of white florals and banana leaf.

This fragrance reminds me of an Avon shampoo that I owned as a child. I used to wash my Barbie doll's hair with it, so this fragrance takes me back to my girlhood. I'll agree with the other reviewers that described Acqua di Gio as being a 'straight out of the shower' kind of scent. It is indeed very clean and fresh.

There isn't many scents to compare to Acqua di Gio. It's one of a kind. I highly recommend.

Jazzy76 22 months ago
A 90es summer cult: fresh floral with aquatic notes, this scent ( in its elegant and minimal bottle)is a real pleasure in the hottest season+3

Acqua di Giò im Glück (botanisch 'Oxalis tetraphylla', pinkblättrig blühender Glücksklee) • Danke dir, liebste Jale, für das herzige Miniatur-Flakön'sche
by Santalwalti
Mein nobler Frischeschatz (botanisch 'Akeleiblättrige Wiesenraute - Thalictrum aquilegifolium')
by Irini
MORGENTAU  Man ist regelrecht gefangen, sieht dies Wunder jeden Tag, sind die Wolken auch verhangen, der Morgentau stet's kommen mag …  (Otto Berchtenbreiter)
by Santalwalti
Giorgio Armani - Acqua di Giò (1995)
by Morpheus1
by NannyPlum
by NannyPlum
Giorgio Armani - Acqua di Giò (1995)
by Morpheus1
by Andreas09
by Andreas09
Who's ready for vodka on the beach?
by aoe
by Pralinchen
by Süchtig
by Süchtig

Popular Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code / Black Code (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Sì (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lei/elle/she/ella/女... by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lui/il/he/él/男... by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Profumo by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Essenza by Giorgio Armani Eau de Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani