Acqua di Giò Absolu 2018

Acqua di Giò Absolu by Giorgio Armani
Acqua di Giò Absolu is a perfume by Giorgio Armani for men and was released in 2018. The scent is fresh-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Fruity notesFruity notes
Marine notesMarine notes
Woody notesWoody notes
Guatemala patchoulyGuatemala patchouly

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 26.12.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Jason Morgan, photographed by Matthew Brookes and filmed by François Rousseau.

The name is misleading
With Acqua di Gio and Alberto Morillas one expects the typical AdG EdT DNA. The perfume here is only very subliminally present, if at all. The AdG Absolu is a sweet, spicy, a little bit fresh fragrance.
I usually like to use AdG EdT or AdG Profumo while exercising, even indoors. This one is definitely too heavy for sports activities and also for everyday indoors, office or similar. Don't misunderstand, Absolu is not a bad scent. You can smell out the stated fruity, woody and maritime notes. But the fragrance is also artificial and heavy.

Ausgehduft for cold days. Intrusive sillage and durability (8h loose). Does he go in the direction of Le Male or One Million because Acqua di Gio. Price ok if you are looking for a heavy, sweet fragrance. BUT PLEASE TEST BEFORE AND DO NOT BE MISLED BY THE NAME!
Sauna fragrance
I present you a fragrance from the house of Giorgio Armani, which has done it to me smell-technically very much at first.
Acqua di Giò Absolu is a sweetish / fresh fragrance which conveys seriousness and well-being. The smoky / woody notes paired with the fruity / fresh result in my opinion a great creation. It has a bit of an idyllic sauna visit in a wooden cabin, in the middle of a snowy forest. However, very restrained and not so intense.

Performance:

The performance is still acceptable for a designer fragrance. It is just "only an eau de toilette" I personally would have expected something more, because the fragrance creation with the durability is not in proportion.

Who can wear the fragrance?

Acqua di Giò Absolu is a very masculine fragrance and in my opinion for all age groups. I would recommend this fragrance just people who own few fragrances or those who are just starting to wear perfumes.

Where can you wear the fragrance?

A real all-rounder. This perfume is suitable for school as well as for all work areas. It is neither intrusive, nor does it give other people a headache. For's office 2-3 sprays are enough. Should you stay in the open, also like one more.

My opinion:

As already mentioned, I personally think a lot of the fragrance creation. I am disappointed unfortunately the durability, which is why I would recommend the fragrance to "beginners" or people who are looking for an everyday fragrance, which is applicable to almost all areas.
I wear this myself still from time to time, because I just like the scent. There will certainly be very few people who do not like this. Thus, I can also agree to a "blind purchase" with a clear conscience.
JayKalinka3
Perfect perfume for the summer
My first rating in the community as a newcomer! The Absolu is quite fresh, a bit fruity, the heart note seems woody and masculine, which I think is perfect for the summer.

It has hardly anything in common with the original Acqua Di Gio Edt anymore, rather the Italian spirit still remains (the typical elegantly dressed man who walks through the summer avenue with his shirt on).

For comparison I would rather use the "ADG Profondo", which has very strong similarities in the base note.
After long testing in the drugstore I would rate it like this:

Absolutely: male young
Absolu Instinct: male older
Profondo: male sporty
Profumo: most male + single

At the beginning a little bit pungent, but in the daily routine a very good scent which is not obtrusive and invites you to sniff.

Will remain in the collection!
Leimbacher
Footprints full of jelly babies
The lovers and "experts" were massively disappointed, the current generation (especially the girls) likes it very much - what do I think about the "absolute" of the Armani fresh-food permanent burner ?

I think he has some beginnings of a successful facelift. Fruity, racy, modern. From today's point of view definitely more wearable and "sexier" than the original, not quite as "straight" and "pale" (not my words!). Intense and on the ravages of time, but still far from being a cotton candy bomb like some of the competition. But the spark won't really fly with me, I would still go for the classic again and again... My rating shows: I like the "Absolu", I will keep it (at least this summer) in my collection. It's clean, juicy, combines (slightly pungent chemical) fruit compote with a cold shower and the typical sea breeze DNA of the past. It is not one that needs to hide completely, by far not a total failure for me. Just the appearance alone smells good - and as I said before, he is a real hit, women U30 are really into it. But he is not for connoisseurs. Anything but that. He has a showery nature, little depth and strangely enough he deteriorates the original in its pure aura. Many tart tastes and older semesters simply don't get along with fruity men's fragrances. But I like him somewhere between his father's perfume, "Aqcua Amara" by Bulgari with a good shot of barrel spray. Light Coke/Fanta vibes are already there. Maybe the understatement of the 90's idol just doesn't get along with the fruity penetrance of today. But for me he still seems to be a very appealing all-rounder, a polarizing update of an indisputable.

Flacon: simply beautiful and stylish. From the thick glass to the colour to the woody lid - simply big!
Sillage: stronger and clearer than the original, just adapted to current standards - but now also no total screamer! Durability: lasts long, the last third / the base is only very discreet - 7 hours.

Conclusion: of course not a classic like the Oiginal - but (recently) not the most popular offshoot in the range. A fruity and showery alternative for all young people who find the classic too "outdated" and quiet. I can hardly understand the scolding of the "Absolu", but not really. There were probably always a bit too high expectations at work...

ScentSlave
This is another one that gets a bad rep...
... but it doesn’t deserve such a bad rating. Is it original? No, but it’s quite a nice fragrance that performs EXCEPTIONALLY well. Longevity is EASILY over 9hrs. The sillage bubble has about a 2ft radius, so it’s NOT a beast, but it more than makes up for it in longevity. You can still detect the Acqua DNA, but it’s got a few added kicks.

Again, not an “original beast”, but it does “enough” to be a decent scent that’s worthy of at least a look on the fragrance counter at Dillards.

Summer Gio
I like Acqua di Gio Absolu a lot.
Albeit it's not love, but I like it a lot and I don't think this scent should be rated at 6.3. It's been called a flop and what not, but I will stand up and declare my strong like, sorry not love, but a strong like for you.

I used to love the original Gio DNA 20 years ago. I love it so much that I don't mind the mindless flanker creation; what's wrong with it if an amazing scent comes out like Profumo right?
Yes this absolu has similarities to Invictus but I again, so what? Invictus by itself is too synthetic and headache inducing for me. The synthetic fruity components in Gio Absolu are mixed well with the core Acqua di Gio DNA that it "adds" fruits to the masterpiece that gives youthful vibe. Frankly I can't say the same for the newer absolu instinct, which seems even more confused where it needs to stand between absolu and profumo. Point being I think Gio Absolu is a great addition to the line up. I like wearing it as I find it uplifting. It gets compliments fine. My favorite part is to switch over to Profumo. I start off the pool/beach/day time with Gio Absolu, then use Gio Profumo for the evening.

So I will be rocking this not-so-appreciated gem this summer during the day.
Bad copy of Hawas/Invictus
I am a big fan of the Acqua di Gio series especially as the Profumo is my signature fragrance. The new Absolu, on the other hand, has nothing in common with the AdG DNA. It reminds me strongly of Hawas & Invictus only more synthetic. Apple with some melon I smell but something disturbs me extremely...I think it's lavender. It is not indicated in the fragrance pyramid, but you will notice it already. Where the so-called maritime notes remain is a mystery to me to link to the AdG DNA. At the end some wood comes out but that's it. I think they wanted to go something towards mainstream here but for whom? With the price the alternatives are better and project also with their Sillage stronger
A Acqua di Gio to discover
Granted, he's a little out of line. The profumo sovereign and masculine with its frankincense sea note in the base, the EdT Spray or Essenza as a fresh counterpart.
Where should the Absolu line up?
Whoever approaches the fragrance with this black and white expectation will be disturbed. It does not fit into the drawn picture of these two bestselling fragrances.
Otherwise I can't explain the rather poor overall rating at the moment.
Well then... with distance and the necessary openness: it bears the name, it fills the usual bottle and yet it is not.
He begins his own and ends his own, his kinship can be guessed at most, and yet he has completely convinced me with his citric-fruity beginning and elegant-warm, slightly maritime-fruity ending appearance, which at no time seems overloaded or intrusive.
The proximity to the Invictus family cannot be denied, but it does not adhere to this unpleasant synthetics and forms its own class.
H/S are average to slightly above average.

In short: Have the courage, be unbiased and with a little luck you will be able to enjoy a fragrance of your own kind that is absolutely justified in price!
Lumberjack Style
At first I liked him, then he got on my nerves because of his banality and the biting, woody and inelegant spice. It projects well and holds well, but if you're not wearing a check shirt to a stadelfest, you smell a bit like rough, unpolished pumper macho. This rough woody note bites itself with the acqua di gio aquaticity.

JMWeedJMWeed 2 months ago
Fresh scent with a sweet undertone, a summer/spring reach for sure. A slight nod to Invictus, but still very different.
ChicoRoch1ChicoRoch1 2 months ago
I love it!
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 7 months ago
I mostly sense very sweet pear with aquatic notes. Maybe a bit too sweet, but overall it's a nice smelling crowd pleaser. Nothing to dislike
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 9 months ago
Invictus Aqua + Acqua di Gio, it can be so easy. Fantastic fragrance and the hate is completely unjustified. One of my most complimented
AithanAithan 1 year ago
Opening is quite similar to PR Invictus. I am not a fan.
Dry down is really nice with some woody and floral like notes.
Performance is good.
Dan81Dan81 2 years ago
Famous JF and youtubers announced their distaste but it has the Gio DNA that I love, with Invictus party feel that matches. Like it a lot!
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
0.5
Almost as bad as the original
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
Fresh and Woody at the same time , well balanced, it's the perfect scent to wear in autumn . Quite good sillage and particular bottle
MrHonestMrHonest 4 years ago
This is Armani's answer to Dylan Blue. The mid is very similar. I wouldn't even call this a flanker. It's simply a missmash of best sellers.

Für Fresh / rostiger, verwitterter alter Handbohrer
by DeVitoHH
by Drakecito
by Drakecito

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Intensely by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Absolutely by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Sì (Fiori Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani