Acqua di Giò Profumo 2015Parfum

Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani
Top 36 in Men's Perfume
Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Aquatic notes, Spicy notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Sage, Rosemary
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Frankincense

Submitted by Michael, last update on 19.09.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Jason Morgan.

The rich Italian
For me this fragrance was for a long time an absolute titan of the fragrance world.
A really wonderfully tart fresh scent with a smoky mysterious aura.
Really from opening to drydown a satisfaction.
This smell of the sea with absolute freshness and the rosemary, and then came this very masculine and dark note.
I was able to wear this fragrance for a year until I couldn't anymore.
I promised myself I would always love him, but I just couldn't. The more I smelled him, the stronger I smelled this base that made him smell extremely grown-up. He is unfortunately one tick too strong for me, not of the durability but of the herbage. That's why I can't wear it as a young up-and-coming architect, it's too conspicuous for that, apart from the fact that almost everyone knows it, which is of course a pity. But the success speaks volumes, I only find that it does not fit my age group like a Terre d'hermes, which does not mean that a young person could not wear it, but it has a strong aura of authority and power, which makes it very conspicuous. For me it is not a casual scent, but really a great luxurious suit scent for great occasions or similar, which smells extremely expensive.
Maybe I hide it in the closet for a year and am happy again when I smell it again and change my mind.
The bottle is really a smooth 10th silver on black and then the magnetic cap, the hammer.

Drseid
A Flanker That Improves on the Original...
Acqua di Gio Profumo opens with a blast of orange bergamot and a black peppery sage and geranium tandem with a soft aquatic accord in support before transitioning to its heart. As the composition enters its early heart the peppery sage and geranium tandem remains, as does the supporting soft aquatic accord as the composition is infused by woody incense rising from the base. During the late dry-down, the peppery woody incense infused accord recedes then vacates, unveiling subtle patchouli in the base that combines with remnants of the supporting aquatics through the finish. Projection is below average to average and longevity is very good at around 10 hours on skin.

When the original Acqua di Gio was released in the 90s I, like just about everyone else bought a bottle. I always thought the stuff smelled good, but I never understood its amazing sales success, as it seemed to be missing something with many better options in the crowded genre. A couple decades later with the introduction of Acqua di Gio Profumo, perfumer Morillas has accomplished an extremely rare feat in releasing a flanker that smells much better than the already successful original. The sage and incense utilized here add the missing peppery/woody component to the perfume that counters the all too familiar Acqua di Gio DNA that appealed to many from the start. Now the composition is much more appealing and complete in the opinion of this writer, while never ceding the perfume's already winning formula. The bottom line is the $130 per 75ml bottle Acqua di Gio Profumo takes an already good smelling perfume and by adding a couple key notes makes it an "excellent" 3.5 to 4 stars out of 5 rated one that is recommended to tepid fans of the original that wanted just a bit more.
How deep is the sea?
Acqua di Gio Profumo a so-called no-brainer. A fragrance where you don't have to worry about whether it fits, whether you like it. It actually always fits and actually pleases everyone. Maybe that is exactly his problem. It's like a pop song, catchy and pleasing. While some of the current pop song scents will one day be a pure testimony of their time, Acqua di gio Profumo, in my opinion, has a chance to survive and that's because of its depth, because of the incense. A pop song with soul. It starts unspectacularly, neither extremely fresh nor mysterious. In the beginning an aquat, which smells gently coordinated and balanced. But unspectacular and this remains so at first until the base notes slowly reveal themselves. From now on, this mysterious mixture between sea and depth is, so to speak, the deep sea and it is exactly this depth that makes it special. Soft, round, deep. Always fits because of its softness, just a pop song. But: with depth. Do I like it? Of course, everyone likes it. Do they?! ?
The flacon fits and rounds off the total package. Noble and the sprayer is great
The all-rounder
My second comment!
After dedicating my first comment to my ticket to the world of fragrance (TF Oud Wood), I decided to take on another fragrance that I have owned for a long time and have worn a lot and always loved. I'll keep it shorter this time, because I got a little bit too much in the Oud Wood comment...

Here we go, then: I can't leave anything negative on the ADG Profumo!
The bottle is valuable and looks great, even if it is simple. I also like magnetic caps. D
The price is so far ok for a designer, especially if you take a larger size and observe the market a little bit.
The durability is almost breathtaking with me, especially since it is a fresh scent. I can wear it without any problems even in winter, and I am thrilled by the masculinity and the depth in the drydown. On clothes it lasts much longer than on the skin.
In my opinion, the fragrance is appropriate for almost every situation in life. But you also have to be able to wear it, I would say, it doesn't necessarily suit everyone (equally well).
The top note sometimes comes across a little green somehow. But I like it! Just maybe not necessarily every day.
As I already wrote in my statement, if my 125 ML are empty, I will buy more! Unless... The R word...? Reformulation? Has there been one? Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.
So... again and again gladly the ADG Profumo!
Count Dracula's summer signature
Even though I am aware that I will reap a huge Shitstorm in this community for my personal opinion, I still want to make it known here.
The scent may be hypnotic. The scent may please many. The fragrance may be one of the most sold.
Nevertheless, I think one should not be influenced. That's exactly what happened to me. I let myself be fooled by the almost exclusively positive impressions and reviews and bought it blindly. And I maintain that this fragrance wouldn't get nearly as much attention if it were a noname scent in a less cool-looking bottle. Because, contrary to what is often claimed here, I don't find this fragrance fresh at all. On the contrary, the incense gives it a rather gothic touch, and I don't think it's a real aquatint. I have often heard or read about this fragrance that it is suitable for wearers 30+. Unfortunately, I cannot confirm this because of the gothic character of the fragrance, and also because it is very formal, over-scented and exaggeratedly masculine - just like the shaving lotions of older ladies and gentlemen. I see him with a successful 50+ - suit. The very formal note also means that I don't see AdG Profumo as an "all season, all occasion" fragrance, but rather as an office and evening fragrance (especially for formal occasions).
The contained scents (patchouli, frankincense, rose geranium) give in my opinion the impression that this fragrance is extremely noble and of high quality. But in reality, from my point of view, this is a 0815 trick of the fragrance industry. Fragrances like Encre Noire are also automatically attributed an elegance and value that I simply cannot comprehend, and I see the reason for this in the woody scents, which many already see as a quality feature per se. You really shouldn't surround yourself with such an artificial scent that devours your own character from my point of view. In any case, the scent doesn't suit me at all, and now that I know what it smells like, I remembered in retrospect that I had smelled it a couple of times on men who didn't like it either.
It may be stormed!
The swiss army knife by Giorgio Armani
The fragrance is very aquatic woody but looks a bit older due to the incense and spicy notes.
Would recommend it for more mature men than unlike Bleu de Chanel and Sauvage.

I can't complain about the bottle and the workmanship. Magnetic cap and classic flacon in black silver.

Now for the scent. It's good to wear in the evening for all occasions and to work. But not in the
Winter to recommend since he somehow very quickly evaporates with me in the cold. Not recommended as date fragrance due to lack of sweetness. Durability and Sillage is above average. Compliments were also very limited with the fragrance and even disappointed me because I expected more
No longer up to date
Unfortunately I find the Profumo no longer up to date. It is a classic, which fits to all occasions and has a very good durability. Nevertheless, I compare it with a Dior Sauvage, Invictus or Bleu de Chanel: you simply smelled it. The resemblance to his older brother is unmistakable, which also means that there is hardly a person who doesn't sniff the scent DNA.

Flacon/ Packaging:
Really great. Noble, simple presentation and a magnetic clasp. Flat also lies well in the hand and there is an excellent spray from the sprayer. That's the way it has to be.

Scent:
Aquatic fresh with a light spice. Silage is good, but not too strong, which makes it ideal for use in the office. The shelf life could be stronger in any case, but it is not really weak either. 6 hours it is perceptible, although after 3-4h only close up (at least for me).

Conclusion:
I miss something "Uniqueness", as already mentioned: there is hardly anybody who does not know d Aqua di Gio and/or Profumo and/or has it in his collection. Meanwhile, as of 2020, there is a star deduction. Otherwise great perfume from master Alberto Morillas
Overvalued high 10
Disappears from my skin after a few minutes...neither I nor people around me can hardly notice this scent after 20 minutes.
The fragrance itself is not bad but easily replaceable due to the poor performance
Elegance for everyone!
I've always loved AdG DNA. However, with the original, as well as with the Essenza, I always lacked that certain something and depth.
With AdG Profumo, Armani has achieved exactly that. By adding patchouli and frankincense, AdG hair was conjured onto the chest. AdG has got exactly the additional spice, masculinity and durability that I missed in the previous versions.

In my opinion Armani has created a timeless masterpiece here. Timeless, because this fragrance will still work in 30 years and would certainly have done so 30 years ago. Masterpiece, because the fragrance manages to give its wearer a certain elegance, regardless of season, occasion, age or appearance.

I myself have worn the fragrance as a signature scent for a very long time. With the growth of my collection, however, the concept of signature scent has largely been settled. Meanwhile I love this scent well dosed for summer evenings. If I had to define the perfect occasion for AdG Profumo, it would be a romantic dinner with the better half in a beautiful restaurant somewhere on the Mediterranean.
As mentioned above, the great strength of this perfume is that you can wear it not only on such special occasions, but also without a guilty conscience to get a roll in sweatpants. In my opinion, hardly any other perfume manages this balancing act so well. If you always want to surround yourself with a certain elegance, AdG Profumo is a must.
Lennsen20
The smell of summer rain!
Acqua di Gio (Profumo) is one of my absolute favourite fragrances and will remain so. What fascinates me so much is that although not unique in its fragrance character, it has an extreme recognition value. It is timeless, classic, masculine and a gentleman among the fresh/aquatic scents. Contrary to the opinion of many, I do not think that AdGP is an all-rounder. I am of the opinion that AdGP is a fragrance for the warm/mild seasons and is more suitable for the evening hours. When I apply it, I first smell sharp, citric notes and this aquatic one, which is fascinating. Like when you smell a glass of sea salt (Do that! ). Mineral but very pleasant; at the same time sweet in a very masculine way that goes into a herbaceous spiciness. After a while an earthy and woody note develops. This reminds me of a summer rain, when the ground cools down and the smell of stone, earth and wood gets into your nose. Many, like me, find this pleasant :D A sweet and slightly citric note also remains even after many hours (approx. 6H).
I would recommend it to every man from the middle of his 20s, as a fragrance for spring/summer, preferably a little more chic with a shirt! (Personal tip: Not too many spray blasts, with this less is more, max. 3x)

JulphJulph 6 days ago
The first time I wear this black bottle, it made me feel as masculine as DWAYNE JOHNSON in a nice black suit.

Masculine, Cool and Formal
GreMuserGreMuser 25 days ago
Apparently on YT everyone loves it, I find it generic and nothing special, considering also the price.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 66 days ago
A slightly spicy, yet fresh aquatic Spring fragrance, balanced by a gentle smoky-woody base. Very versatile.
ThodorisS3ThodorisS3 72 days ago
Just perfect for the summer...
Dan81Dan81 126 days ago
Great incense over the Gio I love. As the wearer I feel more centered and calm, but ladies find it sexy and will want to keep smelling you.
BardiaGHBardiaGH 126 days ago
A modern masterpiece in my humble opinion, every gentleman should have this.
Arman038Arman038 6 months ago
A fresh scent for a mature man. I wear this on warmer days. The performance is proper for a fresh fragrance
BumpyumaBumpyuma 8 months ago
Smells good and fresh - with average projection.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 9 months ago
Spicy adg just what everyone needs....decent longevity. A good frag indeed
AmberScentAmberScent 10 months ago
This is my real one and only Acqua di Gió. I love its fresh spiciness with a bit of incense and a shade of darkness.

Usedom, 2019. Dieser faszinierende Duft von Giorgio Armani begleitete mich am wunderschönen Strand von Bansin.
by Twentytwo
Das mit der Welle hat wie ein Wunder beim ersten mal geklappt  :-)
by Dawg
by Iljo0703
by Iljo0703
by Tacmaxx
by Tacmaxx
Nachfolgemodel Ginger Lemon (rechts), Jason Morgan (links)
by Pepper81
by FruchtKnecht
by ThodorisS3
by ThodorisS3

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Iris Céladon by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Fumé by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani