Acqua di Giò Profumo (2015)

Acqua di Giò Profumo by Giorgio Armani
Acqua di Giò Profumo (Giorgio Armani)

Acqua di Giò Profumo is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Aquatic notes, Spicy notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Sage, Rosemary
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Frankincense

Submitted by Michael, last update on 09.11.2018

The face of the advertising campaign is model Jason Morgan.

Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Scent of a man
The bottle is minimal, black and mysterious and recalling strong and gentle at the same time: it's the symbol of the man of the 3rd millennium,brave but sensitive .
This scent is a great and good balanced composition : first of all, at your nose arrive the fresher citrusy-aquatic notes made more lively by a spicy accent. The, the heart reveals an aromatic bouquet of Rosemary and sage, but is the base which stays on the skin for hours (I tested it on myself although I'm a woman and it's really pleasant !)
with a very harmonious accord of patchouli, not too earthy, and frankincense, noyt so oriental but quite "cold", almost liturgical. A contemporary and classy "four seasons scent" to wear by day as well as by night , with a good sillage and a satisfactory longevity without resulting heavy . It could be worn at the office too, if sprayed with thrift.
Last but not least, dear men, as a woman, I think that a man wearing this scent is very sexy and refined, so ...why don't you try iy? the price is high, I know, it, but the quality repays!
Acqua di gio Profumo
This is my video review for a very popular flanker of an amazingly popular aquatic from the house of Armani. I hope you enjoy the review and find it useful. Thanks

Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
A Giorgio Armani... you don't have to say any more!
Giorgio Armani is known for his good fragrances and has always been very popular and sought after when it comes to his fragrances.
In many perfumeries the test bottles were sprayed completely empty and one often smelled Acqua di Gio, Armani Code etc. in the air. Always hip and it didn't need any further comment but just to mention the name to describe this fragrance. I couldn't do anything with Armani scents back then. To me you did not smell too individual rather like a 0815 fragrance. I was a big fan of Ralph Lauren and his scents back then. A few months ago, however, I tried my luck again and tried some Armani fragrances. I was again disappointed and not enthusiastic.... Unfortunately! Once again you were too one-sided for me to 0815. Nothing special..
Then I recently came across Profumo here in the forum. It should be spicier than its predecessors and a power performance. So next thing I know, I'm just gonna try it out. Sometimes it doesn't cost anything...It didn't take long and I sprayed a test strip on my next shopping trip. Joa doesn't smell bad. Spicy, strong and fresh...I thought I was good and put the test strip back into my jeans pocket. While shopping I smelled the test strip every now and then and found the smell really good. But buy????? I wasn't convinced yet.
My annual holiday was coming up and every time I fly on holiday I cover up with a new fragrance as a reward. I had 4-5 fragrances in my head that I wanted to get next, but some of them were sceptical if they could be bought at the Duty Free. Düsseldorf Airport has a good choice of fragrances, but it can't get close to Breuninger. "But" I thought to myself, "the Profumo is there for sure." I showed the Profumo to my better half at the airport. She found him megaa. That's how a man's supposed to smell and it smells great. Fresh spicy. ...
Yeah, I thought so, too. I liked him even more now than I did the days before. Directly I covered myself with the fragrance and could test its durability and Sillage. 10 hours later I arrived at the hotel and still smelled the Profumo. In the airplane I thought partially hopefully the people do not think "he has showered with it" such a Sillage he had. Now I'm looking forward to spraying him on for dinner in the evening. A wonderful strong spice and a great freshness. Detail fragrance description has already been done here to suffice.
Short and sweet a really great fragrance that makes me even more masculine. In the evening you feel special and noble at the same time.

Jawollo now I also own an Armani and I'm already looking forward to it when I'm back in cold Germany and my friends tell me what a great fragrance it is and I simply and simply say: Giorgio Armani
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
Il Profumo più desiderato dal "Acqua di Gio Fan Club".
Acqua di Gio Profumo places you by the seaside, in the end of a mild summer day giving way to a western coast red sunset, whilst you're feeling the dying sun rays in your skin together with a salty breeze, and sipping a lemon tonic water.

This Profumo was insistently desired by the vast legion of Acqua di Gio lovers. Strangely enough it has not become the anticipated big sales success although It is classy and expensive enough to claim that status.
It opens with salty water strong notes, supported by a bitter bergamot followed by a peppery sage. The middle notes make themselves evident soon enough with a camphorous minty rosy rosemary and geranium accord. The bottom notes give you the transition to a non sweet earthy patchouli very well combined with the dominant smoky incense note that will prevail also in the drydown.
The marine and the incense notes blend together in a brilliant way and the performance is better than in the original "di Gio" and way better than in the current watered "Acqua" version.

My rates for Acqua di Giò Profumo:
Scent opening:.............8.5 (mainstream salty water spicy, not sweet but pleasant)
Scent drydown:............8.5 (nice incense; poor sillage affecting thr drydown evaluation)
Longevity:.....................8.5 (up to 8~9 hours with 3 sprays, but faint and very close to the skin in the last 3 hours)
Sillage:...........................7.0 (up to 3~4 feet with 1.5 hours projection)
Versatility:....................8.0 (mainly for Spring and Fall; Hot summer and winter extreme cold are out of the question)
Wearability:..................8.0 (this type of fragrance does not please everyone; for a spicy fresh scent as it is rated, it lacks a bit of freshness and sweetness and behaves a bit on the smoky side - which I love; theoretically, it has everything to please me, but in practice it is not as pleasurable as I expected; I probably miss some sweetness)
Compliments................7.5 (Yes it does please some people, not all! It's agreable but not alluring)
Uniqueness:..................9.0 (just a bit similar to the regular "di Gio" but less fresh, less sweet, more smoky and with better longevity; some clones like GT from New Brand are just not well known to matter)
Quality:..........................9.5 (very natural high quality ingredients, nice solid heavy bottle, good spray and cap)
Presentation:................9.0 (quite nice; very simple, almost restrained, but elegant)
Price:..............................7.0 (180 ml for 86 € - this fragrance is usually overpriced; I rated it with a 7.0 because I got a good deal)

Average:......................8.21/10.00
up to 5 = avoid it; don't buy it!... unless you are a colector or need a gift for somebody you hate!
between 5 and 6 = under average; There are way better fragrances for sure!
between 6 and 7 = average; Do test it! Even if you like it, please ask a second opinion!
between 7 and 8 =above average; Are you sure you want to buy it? Please do test it before any decision!
between 8 and 9 = recomended; Certainly many people will like it! But you better test it first!
bigger than 9 = don't miss it; Hardly a perfume will make you as happy as this one! Excellent gift as well!

Advice on Acqua di Giò Profumo: If it fits your budget and you like the scent, just go ahead and buy it. This is a polarizing fragrance with an hate or love duality. There are better fragrances out there that are more versatile and have that "wow" factor you may be looking for. Do yourself a favor and test this fragrance out; depending on the person, this overhyped perfume will either make you either happy or miserable with your choice .
Blind buy worthy: No
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 7.5/10
Too Hyped!
Don't get me wrong, I think this is a really nice fragrance, but I also feel it is very overrated. Maybe it does not do well with my body chemistry. I am not a huge fan, but I will continue to give it some wearings to see if it will change my mind.
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
King of the designer world
I am not a big fan of generic scent. I hate to smell like everyone else and so I hate fragrances such as Dior Sauvage and Versace Dylan Blue but this is best of both worlds. It does smell generic (kind of) but has hint of uniqueness about it, maybe it's the patchouli and incense. Crowd loves it and is very versatile. A must have in anyone's collection cause there can't be an occasion where you can't wear this beast.

I remember my first time wearing this fragrance. I was presenting about my country in front of some high school kids and to this day, Everytime I spray the fragrance, it reminds me of that. It boosts my confidence and I certainly feel sophisticated with this on. Great fragrance.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Big Disappointment
So Im not one to spend too much time on notes, I read all the reviews about this cologne and I must admit I got caught up in the hype. This was supposed to be a sexy citrus...a younger more vibrant younger brother to the original Acqua Di Gio.....to be fair, I tested this on paper and i loved it, but on my skin the opening is quite horrid, it all of a sudden made sense when one reviewer said it smelt like rotten eggs....now the dry down is much better, but that wasnt even the issue, the beast mode qualities were also untrue with regards to me...it lasted maybe 6 hours on my skin at the most. All in all this isnt a terrible scent but I think my expectations were much higher than it should have been, thus the disappointment. I did console myself by buying another sexy beasty citrus, Dior Sauvage...and I feel much better....but advice to anyone that is interested, please try this on your skin before you buy.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Absolutely amazing smell, like the original but taken to the next level
Absolutely amazing smell, just a little less citrus smell, but a lot more sophisticated which you can wear day or night. The original Acqua Di Gio has a great light citrus smell, this one still has that as a base but adds elegance and as a said sophistication to it, so you definitely can wear this at night.
Go for it, you won't be disappointed if you in general like colognes with a lighter smell.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Perfect
For me this is the best by far ACDG Line ,smells really good ,for all seasons all occasions I give it 5 stars ,the longevity on this is good 7 hours and projection is above average ,I love the scent
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Smoky aquatic scent
My first impression was: This was a mistake - due to the incense note. But I have grown to love it.
It's the original Acqua di Gio + incense. To me it is perfect for the summer evenings/nights, but I use it mostly for work/university and it is great, since it still is fresh and last long. It is for the more mature person, due to the incense. From the start I get incense, aquatic, citrus and patchouli. After a few hours I still get the aquatic + incense vibe. On me it last 7-10 hours on average. It can be used at work or when strolling the beach/city in the evening in the summertime.
Bottle 6.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
Sea air in a bottlle
Acqua di Giò Profumo is a very good summer fragrance by Alberto Morillas . When i wear this the scent it reminds me of the beach and sea on a hot summers day. The aquatic notes give the fragrance a real salty sea air vibe that seems to be blended to perfection to my nose. Also there is hint of smokiness provided by frankincense. It smells very uplifting clean and masculine. I dont get too much spiciness but get some of base note of patchouli.

I think this fragrance is versatile but probably leans more towards social occasions at night either smart or casual. Although mainly a spring /summer fragrance i don't see any problem wearing this on a cold frosty day as this will cut through the air without issue. It has good solid projection 2 -3 hours after applying and will also leave a nice silage trail. Also I find that the longevity is good with this. The bottle design is ok and has some transparency to see the remaining aftershave.

A fine scent.

Overall 8.5 /10
Bottle 10.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 4.0/10
MSD
Nice Fragrance
This is a good fragrance, although it has not fulfilled my desire at all. It opens with citrus and floral scent. Bergamot is the only ingredient of citrus note and after a while, all the scent that i can feel is floral scent. I suppose it is a lot of geranium and rosemary scent. This part is the main note of this perfume which is likable. I can't smell the incense note, but Patchouli does exist.
With no doubt this perfume is for summer and spring. I don't think it is wearable for any occasion and for daily use. It is suits for dating and visiting a girl. For office, it is a bit informal.
I think this fragrance fits young people (less than 40 years of age).
The projection is moderate and the longevity is good (less than 6 hours). After 3 hours, I think the projection decreases significantly and I can smell the scent just near to my skin.
All in all, i like the scent, but it is not my favorite. I like it just for putting on in some occasion.

Carlitos01 147 days ago
This is the only Acqua di Gio that I trully appreciate. It's a bit overrated but nevertheless it is a refreshing, alluring, spicy perfume.+2
Scent 8.5
Lucian 18 months ago
A bit over rated IMO. I paid to much money for it and I regret that. I get a lot more compliments and better performances with Essenza.+2
Longevity 7.0
Scent 7.5
Jazzy76 77 days ago
Deep and fresh at the same time. Spicy-aromatic with a light oriental touch, it's the perfect balance between freshness and mystery+1
Bottle 7.0
Longevity 7.0
Scent 8.0
JoaoMartins 42 days ago
Nauseous Fragrance. Good for killing bugs or to keep unwanted people away from you. Almost as bad as the original
Bottle 6.0
Sillage 5.0
Longevity 5.0
Scent 1.0
KLewis 76 days ago
Bit overrated but still very nice, great for summertime.
Sillage 8.0
Scent 9.0
Yos 96 days ago
Manly and smells great. Also it has good performance :) Highly recommend!
Sillage 8.0

• by Nage by Nage
  • by Nage by Nage
  • by JB89 by JB89

Popular Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code / Black Code (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Sì (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lei/elle/she/ella/女... by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lui/il/he/él/男... by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Profumo by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Essenza by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Eau de Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani