Acqua di Giò Profumo (2015)Parfum

Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani

Top 33 in Men's Perfume
Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.
Scent goes well with Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Aquatic notes, Spicy notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Sage, Rosemary
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Frankincense

Submitted by Michael, last update on 29.05.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Jason Morgan.

The swiss army knife by Giorgio Armani
The fragrance is very aquatic woody but looks a bit older due to the incense and spicy notes.
Would recommend it for more mature men than unlike Bleu de Chanel and Sauvage.

I can't complain about the bottle and the workmanship. Magnetic cap and classic flacon in black silver.

Now for the scent. It's good to wear in the evening for all occasions and to work. But not in the
Winter to recommend since he somehow very quickly evaporates with me in the cold. Not recommended as date fragrance due to lack of sweetness. Durability and Sillage is above average. Compliments were also very limited with the fragrance and even disappointed me because I expected more
No longer up to date
Unfortunately I find the Profumo no longer up to date. It is a classic, which fits to all occasions and has a very good durability. Nevertheless, I compare it with a Dior Sauvage, Invictus or Bleu de Chanel: you simply smelled it. The resemblance to his older brother is unmistakable, which also means that there is hardly a person who doesn't sniff the scent DNA.

Flacon/ Packaging:
Really great. Noble, simple presentation and a magnetic clasp. Flat also lies well in the hand and there is an excellent spray from the sprayer. That's the way it has to be.

Scent:
Aquatic fresh with a light spice. Silage is good, but not too strong, which makes it ideal for use in the office. The shelf life could be stronger in any case, but it is not really weak either. 6 hours it is perceptible, although after 3-4h only close up (at least for me).

Conclusion:
I miss something "Uniqueness", as already mentioned: there is hardly anybody who does not know d Aqua di Gio and/or Profumo and/or has it in his collection. Meanwhile, as of 2020, there is a star deduction. Otherwise great perfume from master Alberto Morillas
Overvalued high 10
Disappears from my skin after a few minutes...neither I nor people around me can hardly notice this scent after 20 minutes.
The fragrance itself is not bad but easily replaceable due to the poor performance
Elegance for everyone!
I've always loved AdG DNA. However, with the original, as well as with the Essenza, I always lacked that certain something and depth.
With AdG Profumo, Armani has achieved exactly that. By adding patchouli and frankincense, AdG hair was conjured onto the chest. AdG has got exactly the additional spice, masculinity and durability that I missed in the previous versions.

In my opinion Armani has created a timeless masterpiece here. Timeless, because this fragrance will still work in 30 years and would certainly have done so 30 years ago. Masterpiece, because the fragrance manages to give its wearer a certain elegance, regardless of season, occasion, age or appearance.

I myself have worn the fragrance as a signature scent for a very long time. With the growth of my collection, however, the concept of signature scent has largely been settled. Meanwhile I love this scent well dosed for summer evenings. If I had to define the perfect occasion for AdG Profumo, it would be a romantic dinner with the better half in a beautiful restaurant somewhere on the Mediterranean.
As mentioned above, the great strength of this perfume is that you can wear it not only on such special occasions, but also without a guilty conscience to get a roll in sweatpants. In my opinion, hardly any other perfume manages this balancing act so well. If you always want to surround yourself with a certain elegance, AdG Profumo is a must.
Lennsen20
The smell of summer rain!
Acqua di Gio (Profumo) is one of my absolute favourite fragrances and will remain so. What fascinates me so much is that although not unique in its fragrance character, it has an extreme recognition value. It is timeless, classic, masculine and a gentleman among the fresh/aquatic scents. Contrary to the opinion of many, I do not think that AdGP is an all-rounder. I am of the opinion that AdGP is a fragrance for the warm/mild seasons and is more suitable for the evening hours. When I apply it, I first smell sharp, citric notes and this aquatic one, which is fascinating. Like when you smell a glass of sea salt (Do that! ). Mineral but very pleasant; at the same time sweet in a very masculine way that goes into a herbaceous spiciness. After a while an earthy and woody note develops. This reminds me of a summer rain, when the ground cools down and the smell of stone, earth and wood gets into your nose. Many, like me, find this pleasant :D A sweet and slightly citric note also remains even after many hours (approx. 6H).
I would recommend it to every man from the middle of his 20s, as a fragrance for spring/summer, preferably a little more chic with a shirt! (Personal tip: Not too many spray blasts, with this less is more, max. 3x)
Nichelover01
Very good craftsmanship, but special
Called "Best fragrance ever" by several youtubers (Jeremy, Kevin Samuels). I can understand that; due to the incense-aqua-mix very unique, great durability and very high compliment factor with women. Also to be seen as a plus point: Two sprays are enough. So actually everything is ok... If the scent would not cause me slight nausea after longer wearing. That never happens to me with fragrances, but for me the "smoky aquaterness" is not really true. I read the phrase "aquatic nausea" in a comment here about the scent. Unfortunately in my case this is true.

So be sure to test it thoroughly before buying. If it is something for you, also expect compliments and super H+S. Further restriction: I see it rather with men from 40 upwards, in my opinion it does not fit to younger men.

So it's not a general recommendation, but if you like it, it can work great, and I see a clear Signature Scent potential for the right ones. As I already said in the headline: "Special"...
I look forward to your answers :)
Acqua di Gio grows up
Acqua di Gio Profumo (AdG) - currently number 30 of the most popular men's fragrances here at Parfumo. Surely not for nothing one could think, especially if you consider the general popularity of this fragrance. Whether here in the forum, on YouTube or Facebook - Profumo seems to be by far the most appreciated water of the Acqua di Gio series by Armani among perfume lovers. As you can already see here, a lot of comments have already been written. Funnily enough, I haven't commented on this yet, but on the new AdG Profondo, which is inspired by Profumo. That's why I now add my mustard, because I've had the fragrance for almost 2 years :D I owned the original Acqua di Gio many years ago. For me it was always an all-round freshness, nothing special, but a fragrance that everyone likes and especially casually can always be worn on warmer days.

AdG Profumo raises the original by one level, firstly obviously by the fragrance concentration of eau de toilette on perfume, secondly from a casual fragrance to one that appears much more elegant and thirdly from a simple aquatic to a spicier, more complex fragrance. However, Profumo does not completely lose its original maritime AdG DNA, but rather underpins it in a new more mature, spicy direction. You get fresh and spicy practically throughout the entire fragrance process. It remains quite linear and synthetic throughout, but synthetic in an appropriate and really good way. Especially rosemary and sage can be identified. Frankincense I honestly do not feel. Much more can't be said at all. The fragrance is very easy to understand because of its linearity. The nice thing is that the spiciness also contributes to the fact that Profumo is wearable on cooler days as well as warm days. In addition, the versatility remains absolutely unchanged, whether casual or elegant, Profumo is an absolutely chic fresh companion for leisure time, the office, dates etc. For me personally, it is even one of the few fresh fragrances that I would say would go very well with a suit. So basically it works (almost) always.

However, on my skin Profumo is neither a durability nor a silage monster. Not even remotely. The scent is very close to my skin very quickly. The weak Sillage may of course also be due to the fact that it is a perfume and due to the lower alcohol content it may simply have less radiance? I don't know but that would be my theory. Unfortunately it only lasts about 5 hours. And he smells so good... The inner CEO, who wants to be noticed, doesn't pay attention to me.

In the end I still have to say: "Jo, he will always be part of my collection anyway". And I certainly don't want to have it replaced by the new Profondo.
Acqua di Giò Parfumo äh Profumo
I bought the good one two years ago in Gran Canaria and I associate wonderful memories with it.

The fragrance is an absolute allrounder really perfect for any occasion and with strong silage. It also brings compliments up to the point of winking, which is not important for us. ;D
He brings a very pleasant freshness and warmth with him, absolutely masculine and feels like the type of person who can do everything he wants with ease

I love this
I like this flaker. As a fan of the first Acqua di gio, Profumo is truly extraordinary. We all know that the new acqua di gio is the diluted and diluted version of the first, released in 1996. Take acqua di gio first edition, touch the flower and put patchouli a touch of incense, you get ADG perfume. Fizzy, fresh, intense, much more mature than the predecessor, but equally versatile. What surprised me is the duration, crazy, weak point of the edt.Put in the morning, gym and shower in the evening, the scent is still felt. If you like ADG or find some vintage, or go blindly on Perfume, ignore essenza, the stupid son of the family, he has only the magnetic cap

Rating: 8/10
Delijafrag33
Yeah, no, yeah, not so much..
Dear Parfumos, this is my first comment and so please forgive me if everything is not as it should be... I dedicate my first commi to AdG Profumo, because I've been struggling with myself for a long time and I'm thinking about whether to add it to my collection or not. I have tested and worn the AdG Profumo very often, because I like citric and aquatic scents very much and the Profumo caught my eye every time I visited a perfumery. I find the top note of this fragrance really good. It's a nice mixture of citric, aquatic and spicy notes and you notice immediately after spraying on the fragrance that there is something about it, but the longer the fragrance stays on my skin, the stickier and mustier it looks to me. I think it is because of the incense. It smells better on the test strip later than on my skin. I feel like an old man afterwards and that even though I am not that young at 35. :) The scent doesn't have this freshness anymore but a musty and sticky weight and yet it should be fresh for spring and summer. My wife likes the AdG Profumo very much about me and also finds it very masculine, but I just still feel too "young" for it... :D Therefore I think that it will be very well received by the more beautiful population. I have bought the Profumo already 2 times and then I returned it and a few days ago I almost bought it again, but in the end I did not buy it... The next time I will probably not think about it anymore, because I am sure now that it is not my "scent" and that it probably won't be..

Dan81Dan81 9 days ago
Great incense over the Gio I love. As the wearer I feel more centered and calm, but ladies find it sexy and will want to keep smelling you.
BardiaGHBardiaGH 10 days ago
A modern masterpiece in my humble opinion, every gentleman should have this.
Arman038Arman038 73 days ago
A fresh scent for a mature man. I wear this on warmer days. The performance is proper for a fresh fragrance
BumpyumaBumpyuma 135 days ago
Smells good and fresh - with average projection.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 148 days ago
Spicy adg just what everyone needs....decent longevity. A good frag indeed
AmberScentAmberScent 6 months ago
This is my real one and only Acqua di Gió. I love its fresh spiciness with a bit of incense and a shade of darkness.
Nik604Nik604 6 months ago
5.5
One of the most overhyped and too expensive for what it is fragrance . Smells cheap and uninspired , the OG is like Aventus compered to this
DPArtistDPArtist 8 months ago
A masterful evolution of the famous EDT, Profumo is more masculine, a little darker and certainly stronger. The best ADG along with Essenza
Jacket1Jacket1 8 months ago
Seems like a bland scent
PioPio 14 months ago
Nice scent, not the most original though.

Usedom, 2019. Dieser faszinierende Duft von Giorgio Armani begleitete mich am wunderschönen Strand von Bansin.
by Twentytwo
by Shivsri13
by Shivsri13
Das mit der Welle hat wie ein Wunder beim ersten mal geklappt  :-)
by Dawg
by Hndrk
by Iljo0703
by Iljo0703
by Integral
Nachfolgemodel Ginger Lemon (rechts), Jason Morgan (links)
by Tacmaxx
by JB89
by FruchtKnecht
by FruchtKnecht

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Iris Céladon by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Fumé by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Eau de Nuit Oud by Giorgio Armani Armani Code / Black Code (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani