Acqua di Gioia 2010Eau de Parfum

Acqua di Gioia (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani
Acqua di Gioia (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and was released in 2010. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesMint, , Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Peony, Pink pepper
Base Notes Base NotesBrown sugar, Labdanum, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.11.2020.

Ignorabilis
Lovely, but still room for approvement
Let me just start with the opening: With the first spray the citrus just hits you. When I first smelled it, I was really surprised actually because I expected a really light and aquatic fragrance (which it turns to later). But to put it with the words of my boyfriend who once walked past me about a minute after putting on Acqua Di Gioia - "You kind of smell like citrus cleaner". And since he said that I can't get it out of my head when I spray Acqua Di Gioia … the opening in fact has this sharpness of citrus cleaner that makes you not want to come too close.

BUT: After about (half) an hour the scent becomes softer and turns from extremely bright yellow to a kind of light pastell green. Nice and floral, still a touch of mint in it. All in all really pleasing and aquatic clean. And I love this part of the experience.

From then on for me the scent becomes more and more calming. After three hours it smells really white, calming floral to me which I love love love. But sadly at this point it's already about to vanish completely …

Oh, I just don't know with this one.
On one hand I really like its brightness, on the other hand the performance is so weak and I feel like when it's the most beautiful it's already almost not noticeable anymore.

If the opening was softer and if the performance all in all was better, I think I would adore this scent! But at this point it's just a "Like" from me.
Raindrops on the skin,
Morning dew on the grasses. A calm water in the evening sun. Yes, the name matches the scent. The associations that the scent awakens in me revolve around the theme of water.

"Acqua di Gioia" keeps its promises. Aquatic freshness paired with a delicate mint note and a dash of lemon. In addition a slightly tart green note. Very feminine, but unsweet. With time, the rose becomes more prominent and blends harmoniously into the overall picture. The fragrance also gains in sweetness, but this does not make it appear sugary at all. The mint, lemon, as well as the aquatic note are in focus throughout. The Sillage is very close - you smell clean and fresh. I can't say much about the shelf life of this wine, as I only know it as a sample and have not tested it over a longer period of time. On the hand I perceive it for about 3/4 hours before only a delicate touch remains.
"Acqua di Gioia" is a pleasant summer scent - fresh and feminine, but rather unsweet. Discreet and clean. Mint and lemon harmonize very well with the water note. Unagitated, uncomplicated and suitable for everyday use. Pleasant
Drella
End the evening on the beach
I bought this fragrance for the first time when I was 15. It was something very special for me, because it was the first expensive perfume I bought with my own money.
Since then I always like to use it when I want to feel good.
Well-groomed but not too much after attention lately.
It smells like the freshly squeezed juice and grated lemon, not from the supermarket, but picked directly from the tree by the sea. Into the glass. A pair of mint twigs, slightly chipped to release the essential oils. Add a few ice cubes and pour cold water over them. In the evening on the balcony. Put a coarsely knitted sweater over it, because it is slowly getting cooler.
And look at the sea.
A rose garden
This fragrance convinces from the first minute on. Lemon immediately fills the room and is replaced by rose fragrance. A great fragrance for all seasons and for every occasion. Personally, I would wear the scent now in summer
Lemon jasmine water
As soon as the alcohol is gone, it smells quite lemony. After a few minutes, jasmine joins it and makes the fragrance floral. However, it remains aquatically fresh like a summer rain. You think you hear the raindrops crackling. I can make out cedar too. This fragrance is too delicate to go out, but it fits well into the summer for daytime and leisure. Should I characterize this fragrance I would say it is light-footed, fresh and graceful. I like it!
My first great love
I stumbled into a perfumery 10 years ago in search of my "first real perfume". There you all were... the big, known scents.
It attracted me to Armani and Acqua the Gioia, the model stabbed me with the blue eyes ......... the first sprayer and ..... oh, love at first sight.
Light, summery, fresh, elegant and a bit sexy.
Since then a faithful companion, every day, for every occasion. Until me then, looking for a more mature fragrance, Lalique, Creed and what they're all called have crossed my path......but that's another story.

Surprisingly Sugary
The lemon opening combined with mint is very refreshing. The middle notes with jasmin, pink pepper and peony are all that I like. But the sugar makes it way too sweet, almost gives me tooth-ache. I was really surprised to find it that sweet regarding to the image given by the campaign.

The longevity is 6h+ and the sillage is moderate.

A curious thing that apart from the sugar, it reminds me of Matthew Williamson Lotus, though they have completely different notes. Probably because both are firmly in the genre of aquatic floral.

Originally written in 2013

Refreshing mint candy
I am crazy about mint. I love it in any form or shape, so naturally I really like this scent. What is interesting about this scent that it combines the sweet gourmand, aromatic and citrus trends and somehow this mixture works. This scent is energetic, refreshing and fun to wear on a hot day. The sweetness surprisingly withstands the heat quite well. It reminds me of a nice relaxing day in a garden with my straw hat, iced mint tea and tons of sunshine.

Aqua di Gioia opens with a lovely lemon mixed with strong mint and sweetness from sugar. The scent evolves into minty heart notes with some sugary water, peony and a dab of pink pepper. I know that the composition sounds bizarre but somehow on my skin it works lovely even on a hot day. The dry down is at first sweet but then it becomes woodier with cedar with resins (labdanum). The longevity and sillage are decent.

I would recommend sampling before buying. Though I love the funky lemon – mint – sugar combination, this might not work for everyone. But for me, it has been a lovely scent that I have used a lot during last summer and planning on using soon again when the weather gets hotter.

Sharp, sugary fruit salad
Acqua di Gioia, if anything, is not really floral. It's more of a fruity aquatic, somewhat strong in its approach.

I loved the original Acqua di Gio, with its delicately feminine and oceanic quality and that beautiful banana note. Acqua di Gioia doesn't have half the beauty of its predecessor.

This fragrance is more like something I would expect as a Summer release from Escada. It's sharp, overpowering, sugary fruit salad. There's no other way to describe it.

Giorgio Armani has made some lovely fragrances, however with this latest release, it feels like they are trying too hard to blend in with those other non-descript fruity florals on the market today.

The lemon and pineapple notes are far too sharp in the opening. I expect to smell something like this when I open a can of fruit salad, not when a spray a bottle of perfume on my skin.

The introduction of the sugar note is almost nauseating. As much as I hate to say it, Acqua di Gioia smells cheap.

I can see that many people like this fragrance, and I don't discriminate against that in the least. Scent is a very personal thing, however in my case this is one of the worst perfumes I've ever encountered.

The sillage and lasting strength of Acqua di Gioia is very, very impressive. For those that buy this, you will be experiencing this fragrance for days and possibly weeks if it comes into contact with your clothes.

Down-market Armani
Acqua di Gioia is a sheer, fresh, watery floral. As it dries, it becomes quite sweet. With the sweetness and jasmine, this won't wear well on me in warm weather.

I like it but not enough to own it. There are SO many very good to excellent fragrances in this category, and Acqua di Gioia does not percolate to the top. It's not one of the best, but merely slightly better than average.

Had I tested this blind, I would have guessed it was more down-market than Armani. Not good enough to justify its price, in my opinion.

Feb
2011

KatjaCakeKatjaCake 1 year ago
Aquatique frais et plutôt douce pour les femmes.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
It's like a fresh oasis in a hot day: watery, clean and refreshing ,it's the perfect summer scent.
Maybe a little sugary. Refined bottle

by Timpolina
by Vawallpa
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Iris Céladon by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Absolu Gold by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Fumé by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani