Acqua di Gioia 2010 Eau de Parfum

Acqua di Gioia (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani
Acqua di Gioia (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and was released in 2010. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesMintMint
Pink pepperPink pepper
Base Notes Base NotesBrown sugarBrown sugar
LabdanumLabdanum
CedarCedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.10.2021.

Fresh, Uplifting, Unisex
Ah yes, my very first full bottle purchase... as a man, because the Macy's sales associate wasn't at all helpful to my newbie behind when I first started my fragrance journey a few years ago. I thought I was buying Acqua di Gio...

But I'm not unhappy with the purchase, I think it smells fairly unisex. It's a very fresh and uplifting watery lemon mint, fairly light and sweet. Cedar comes in gently as it dries down and adds to the scent profile. Performance is pretty weak, though. I get maybe 1.5hr of projection from it, 4-5hr longevity. It's enough for the gym or a grocery run, maybe a car ride to the pool/beach where you're gonna quickly get wet and wash off any would-be fragrance anyway.
A dream of the sea
Close your eyes. Around you, the countless cicadas sing their song of summer. You lie in the shade of the pines and cedars, whose needles exude their warm resinous scent in the heat of the sun. The light sea breeze wafts the salty scent of the warmed rocks over to you.... and there's something else. The breeze carries the scent of Aqua di Gioia up from your wrist to your nose. The scent reflects the Mediterranean environment perfectly - it smells aquatically fresh with a hint of sea salt. Lemons make you want to feel refreshed. In the base, something resinous is perceptible. The floral notes of the heart note provide balance between the tangy upbeat and the woody foundation.
Next to you something scurries by. Could it be a lizard playing in the crevices? You open your eyes... and you're actually home. But your Aqua di Gioia on your wrist has taken you to the sea for a moment
Clean, fresh, sporty
I got the fragrance as a gift from my husband when we still had time to smell our way through the perfumes in the airport shop. We were on the way to our climbing holiday on a Greek island and I was looking for a fragrance for the next two weeks. Acqua die gioa is what it ended up being. I associate this perfume with freshness, cleanliness, sport, liveliness, warmth and the sea. All this comes to my mind when I apply the fragrance or think of it. Unfortunately, it does not last long at all on my skin and after a few hours it is almost imperceptible, even if I apply several sprays (which I usually never do more than three times)
Acqua Di Gioia, the ice queen and her development
Today we went to the cities again, with my mother, we both love the colorful stroll in perfumeries, even if we go home without a bottle.

Among my desired candidates was also the green flacon from the house of Armani, which bears the promising name "Water of Joy".

But the first spray does not give our acquaintance any great pleasure - it almost turns my stomach and you are certainly offended by it. Herb, almost masculine and hypothermic, you seem to me, and I don't suspect anything good at first. After our first crisis, you withdraw a little, but your basic aquatic character remains natural. You are blowing as cool around my nose as the mood on the poster for Acqua Di Gioia
Your sea breeze, together with my first jump into fresh water.

Get out of the water - feel your cool breeze on my skin - like pearls your drops collect on my skin and caress it gently. Now your jasmine blends in smoothly to harmoniously combine the mint with the cedar and citrus. The scent is still dewy fresh and looks natural and has nothing synthetic about it, which I am very happy about
If I remember our phase of getting to know each other, you have made a gigantic development. It went from ...because they don't know what they're doing..to huii, a lemon mint lollipop, to ...mh, freshly-floral-aquatic ice queen.

So slowly, I think after three hours, I like you, Acqua Di Gioia. Now, even if slowly and cautiously, joy comes up - you just need your time to really unfold.

Ignorabilis
Lovely, but still room for approvement
Let me just start with the opening: With the first spray the citrus just hits you. When I first smelled it, I was really surprised actually because I expected a really light and aquatic fragrance (which it turns to later). But to put it with the words of my boyfriend who once walked past me about a minute after putting on Acqua Di Gioia - "You kind of smell like citrus cleaner". And since he said that I can't get it out of my head when I spray Acqua Di Gioia … the opening in fact has this sharpness of citrus cleaner that makes you not want to come too close.

BUT: After about (half) an hour the scent becomes softer and turns from extremely bright yellow to a kind of light pastell green. Nice and floral, still a touch of mint in it. All in all really pleasing and aquatic clean. And I love this part of the experience.

From then on for me the scent becomes more and more calming. After three hours it smells really white, calming floral to me which I love love love. But sadly at this point it's already about to vanish completely …

Oh, I just don't know with this one.
On one hand I really like its brightness, on the other hand the performance is so weak and I feel like when it's the most beautiful it's already almost not noticeable anymore.

If the opening was softer and if the performance all in all was better, I think I would adore this scent! But at this point it's just a "Like" from me.
Raindrops on the skin,
Morning dew on the grasses. A calm water in the evening sun. Yes, the name matches the scent. The associations that the scent awakens in me revolve around the theme of water.

"Acqua di Gioia" keeps its promises. Aquatic freshness paired with a delicate mint note and a dash of lemon. In addition a slightly tart green note. Very feminine, but unsweet. With time, the rose becomes more prominent and blends harmoniously into the overall picture. The fragrance also gains in sweetness, but this does not make it appear sugary at all. The mint, lemon, as well as the aquatic note are in focus throughout. The Sillage is very close - you smell clean and fresh. I can't say much about the shelf life of this wine, as I only know it as a sample and have not tested it over a longer period of time. On the hand I perceive it for about 3/4 hours before only a delicate touch remains.
"Acqua di Gioia" is a pleasant summer scent - fresh and feminine, but rather unsweet. Discreet and clean. Mint and lemon harmonize very well with the water note. Unagitated, uncomplicated and suitable for everyday use. Pleasant
Drella
End the evening on the beach
I bought this fragrance for the first time when I was 15. It was something very special for me, because it was the first expensive perfume I bought with my own money.
Since then I always like to use it when I want to feel good.
Well-groomed but not too much after attention lately.
It smells like the freshly squeezed juice and grated lemon, not from the supermarket, but picked directly from the tree by the sea. Into the glass. A pair of mint twigs, slightly chipped to release the essential oils. Add a few ice cubes and pour cold water over them. In the evening on the balcony. Put a coarsely knitted sweater over it, because it is slowly getting cooler.
And look at the sea.
A rose garden
This fragrance convinces from the first minute on. Lemon immediately fills the room and is replaced by rose fragrance. A great fragrance for all seasons and for every occasion. Personally, I would wear the scent now in summer
Lemon jasmine water
As soon as the alcohol is gone, it smells quite lemony. After a few minutes, jasmine joins it and makes the fragrance floral. However, it remains aquatically fresh like a summer rain. You think you hear the raindrops crackling. I can make out cedar too. This fragrance is too delicate to go out, but it fits well into the summer for daytime and leisure. Should I characterize this fragrance I would say it is light-footed, fresh and graceful. I like it!
My first great love
I stumbled into a perfumery 10 years ago in search of my "first real perfume". There you all were... the big, known scents.
It attracted me to Armani and Acqua the Gioia, the model stabbed me with the blue eyes ......... the first sprayer and ..... oh, love at first sight.
Light, summery, fresh, elegant and a bit sexy.
Since then a faithful companion, every day, for every occasion. Until me then, looking for a more mature fragrance, Lalique, Creed and what they're all called have crossed my path......but that's another story.

KatjaCakeKatjaCake 2 years ago
Aquatique frais et plutôt douce pour les femmes.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
It's like a fresh oasis in a hot day: watery, clean and refreshing ,it's the perfect summer scent.
Maybe a little sugary. Refined bottle

by Koi77
by Vawallpa
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Code (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Iris Céladon by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Intensely by Giorgio Armani