Armani Code Absolu pour Homme (2019)

Armani Code Absolu pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Armani Code Absolu pour Homme is a new perfume by Giorgio Armani for men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Green mandarin, Apple, Orange blossom, Nutmeg, Carrot seed, Tonka bean, Suede, Vanilla

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 19.01.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Ryan Reynolds.

9.0 9.0 8.0/10

JohnVapiano
One of the best designers currently on the market
At least if you follow the spirit of the times and like sweet designer fragrances.

I can only join the previous poster and praise the fragrance in the highest tones.
Code Absolu is of course not a gamechanger - it carries the well-known Code DNA within it and joins the ranks of the countless cute designers who are often torn as "synthetic" and "chewing gum". The chewing gum/root beer vibe also bothered me at first - but with each test Absolu convinced me bit by bit and finally converted me to a fan.

What distinguishes the fragrance is its top marks in all areas. It looks as high quality as Dior Homme, but also has an excellent performance. It smells similar to most Bubblegum designers, but has a touch of class and elegance that makes it more interesting and versatile.
Therefore it must not be stamped as a party scent for young people - anyone who likes sweet scents can wear this scent. In any case, it should not be forgotten that designers in the Code Absolu price range are marketed to adults, not to young people with no income.

Ultimately, Code Absolu combines the goodness of different worlds - it is modern, stylish, sensual, long-lasting and has the unmistakable character of the Armani Code DNA. If one compares him with his big brother Profumo, he also appears reserved and calm.

What remains to be said in conclusion?
Armani Code Absolu is, like almost all designers, designed for mass appeal and that's a good thing. The fragrance fulfils the purpose for which it was created - it smells good for the environment.
His mixture of youthfulness and simultaneous maturity give me that certain something that is missing in other Bubblegum designers.

Recommendation to buy? If you like modern cute designers and at the same time expect elegance and strong durability, then YES, ABSOLUTELY.
8.0 8.0 10.0 9.5/10

A sweet/creamy(!) joy(?)
So there he is! Flanker Numero 12 in the men's fragrance range (if you don't count the shave lotions, the limited editions and the multiple interpretations of the "Summer pour Homme" editions)! However, before I start with my evaluation and opinion on this fragrance, I think it is appropriate to mention that the following lines are written by someone who was an avowed fan of the original (and some of its successors) Armani Code - due to its reformulation and durability only "was" - and therefore
cannot and will not write about this fragrance in an unbiased way.

But where do I start? How to describe a fragrance that can both inspire and disappoint? Which with its appearance does not enrich a well-known perfume line uselessly, but at the same time hardly sets any new - or at least unexpected - accents ?

"Flacon":
So let's make it a little easier for us in advance and start with the description of the bottle! Tall (depending on the size ordered) and, thanks to its slender form, taking up little floor space in the middle of the collection, Giorgio Armani provides well-known pieces in new colour arrangements. Still inspired by the silhouette of a suit, a champagne-like colour was used for the actual glass body - some people might associate the colour with the term "cream colours".
The flacon lid, on the other hand, has the annoying property of "snapping in" only when it is aligned reasonably accurately. A little warning from our experience with the "Code Profumo", which has the same locking system: while the lid may initially hold firmly and securely, over time the locking system loses its grip and should no longer be lifted exclusively by the lid.

"Head note":
Even if I can confirm the fragrance ingredients tangerine and apple noted here, I would like to add that in my opinion they can hardly be distinguished from each other! The top note smells sweet and fresh in the first few minutes and is even able to keep the Tonka bean, which later becomes omnipresent, away for a short time. Smell like a basket full of sliced fruit: of course you can smell the fruity one, but at no time are you able to refer explicitly to a dominant variety - nothing stands out, but fits together in wonderful harmony.

"heart note":
The heart note could best be described as a soft opening of the base note without any of the actual main actors. In a pleasant transition, the fruity of the top note loses its fruity character and gives the tonka bean and nutmeg the space they need. For a period of one to one and a half hours, you are enveloped in a pleasant sweet (tonka bean) and slightly spicy (nutmeg) fragrance.
As far as the carrot seeds contained in it are concerned, I can only say that this scent - which is hard to imagine anyway - is by no means offensive or otherwise striking! Rather, I would argue that the carrot seeds together with the nutmeg do their part to regulate the actual sweetness of the tonka bean a little in the more set range.

"Base note":
This is where the actual Giorgio Armani DNA, consisting of tonka bean and vanilla (together with a light touch of leather) comes to light. At the latest now every fragrance lover who does not like sweet scents should get out of here! However, over many hours this range of notes is my
in humble opinion, the greatest strength of Code Absolu. The sweetness of the tonka bean, still a little dimmed, combined with the wonderfully creamy - and by no means candy-like, exaggerated - vanilla result in a pleasantly "warm" and appealing fragrance.

"Scenario/deployment":
Unlike some other reviewers, I am by no means of the opinion that Code Absolu (the same would apply to "Code Profumo") is a pure autumn and/or winter scent. Admittedly, it plays its strengths - especially because of its enormously long durability - of course, especially in these seasons, but can be worn in spring and summer (here, however, really mininmal use) under appropriate consideration (number of spray bursts applied).
The same also applies to the activities spread over the day: While it should be used sparingly at work (also because of consideration for the employees), it is allowed in the evening in the bar, club, disco, etc... be quiet a few more sprays.

"How to smell":
Admittedly, this section headline is of course a bit bold, but I would like to go back to the claim, which has just been made in online reviews, that this fragrance is more for the younger (U30) among us perfume-wearers. By no means and by no means, I would like to claim! The cross-references to the club scent in connection with keywords like "Versace Eros" or the "Stronger with You" series is misleading in my opinion, as the Armani Code series has always left a calmer, more sedate - and I would almost like to say "calmer", "more relaxed" - impression. It goes without saying that even after using Code Absolu, you will still smell of a wide variety of sweet scents, but at no time will you feel as if you are shouting out the scent.
Of course, Code Absolu is a suitable candidate for the so-called "overspray", but this should not really have any influence on a fragrance evaluation, as this can really happen with any fragrance of any scent. Too much of a good thing is just too much, even if you are familiar with sweet scents
this threshold should be exceeded more easily and quickly.

"Durability":
As some might have guessed, I am more than enthusiastic about the durability of the fragrance. Even though sweet scents usually "always" last longer than their aquatic and wooden counterparts, Armani Code Absolu definitely plays in the top league here.
This is one of the few fragrances that - at least in my case - can easily last for an eight-hour working day and beyond and are also easily recognizable at any time - mind you, with moderate use of one or two sprays!

"Addition":
I would like to mention that I can't and don't want to go d'accord with the often heard opinion that this fragrance is "obsolete" if one should already own the Profumo variant. Surely one is to be advised against the purchase, should one want to possess only a "sweetish" smell in his collection/rotation! But if you are
an enthusiastic follower of this fragrance, Profumo and Absolu are, in my opinion, sufficiently different to be able to wear both alternately, as the sweetness of the tonka bean, the omission of vanilla and the use of cardamom in particular make a significant difference.
8.0 8.0 9.0 7.0/10

DonJuanDeCat
Not the best code, but also not soo grottenschlecht!
Well, my dearest snoopers, how are you?
See, I write "my dearest", so I'm nice, you morons, but no, nobody believes me of course... :DD
Do you know what happens every year, apparently, over and over again? That's right, a new code scent from Armani. At least for us gentlemen, because the last flanker of code scents for you ladies (the Code Cashmere) appeared in 2016, unless I was too stupid to research here in the Parfumo database! But don't worry, for the ladies this fragrance also appears here (or has already appeared).

Well, what can I say, normally I would have rolled my eyes first. But not because it's a new flanker in itself. Because with Flankern it's always such a thing, there are people who don't like these fragrances at all, but there are also people who like such fragrances. I belong to the kind of people who actually like such flankers, because these fragrances for me bring a nice change to the already established fragrance series on the market, so it is great to perceive a well-known fragrance in a slightly different form.

But now it is the case that especially Armani in the last years had in my opinion strongly decreased in quality and became like for example Gucci with her Guilty fragrances. Strongly insignificant fragrances with clear synthetics, which even made the fragrances appear quite cheap. In recent years Armani has even dealt with her normally good fragrance series as well as with her latest fragrances, which in my eyes are an absolute catastrophe: The "with you" fragrances (e.g. Stronger with you, In Love with you etc.), none of which really smells good for me and you would actually smell much better if you were to diesel yourself with toilet water instead of one of these fragrances... where... *böööörks* Aaargh, why do I always come up with such EKELHAFTEN thoughts and comparisons? Baah... :DD
Anyway, fragrances like the Acqua di Gio Absolu (a fragrance line that was usually ALWAYS good!) or the Code Flanker Code Colonia from 2017 were such bad smelling fragrances for me personally, that I wanted to write off Armani for a while, but they seem to have picked up again since last year, because the Code A list from 2018 was better again. And now this code comes here, and it's even quite well done, even if it should spray a clear synthetics, but I describe that now in the description of the fragrance! And yes,... somehow I really couldn't shorten the introduction here :D

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins beautifully spicy with nutmeg and with a nice, acidic citric, but due to the mix with other scents still warm tangerine comes across. One can also quickly smell the beginning of the tonka bean, which also has a warm aura and radiates its soft, sweet fragrance. It then becomes woody, which goes very well with the warm, spicy aura of the fragrance.
A little later it gets even spicier, woodier and warmer. Every now and then the carrot seeds seem to come through, which then have a certain resemblance to an iris root (for me at least), but you really only notice them when sniffing extensively on your skin, you won't notice this in the scent cloud.
In the end, the fragrance smells sweetly of Tonka and vanilla (although initially more of Tonka), still of woods and is also autumnally spicy. New in the base is the budding suede scent, which you can notice quite well towards the end. Besides there is also a clearly smellable synthetic, which smells okay again and doesn't seem too cheap at all or even makes you run away.
At the end of the day, you can already imagine, vanilla and tonka bean are the strongest fragrances that will continue to radiate well for quite a while (hours!), spraying their sweet, powdery scent with a hint of spices and wood in the background. And a few hours later only the synthetic remains, which admittedly doesn't smell so great anymore, but until then a few hours pass by.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is quite strong, so that one is wrapped in a nice scent cloud for a while, which is good for smelling, furthermore the scent is even quite room-filling, so be careful when dieseling :) The durability is extremely long and lasts about 12 hours.

The bottle:
The shape of the bottle hasn't changed at all, but that doesn't bother me because I think the basic design of the bottles is pretty good. So once again it is cylindrical with slightly inwardly pressed sides and this time it comes in a metallic brown colour. As always, the lid is black, and of course there is no label, as the name was printed directly on the bottle. It's a nice bottle.

Ohoo, not bad, not bad at all! After last year's Armani A-List was once again a nice fragrance, this one is also quite okay here! Of course I would have liked to have seen the clear synthetics gone, but in my opinion this doesn't seem so extremely cheap, so that the scent is quite usable and also smells strikingly of a (reasonably good) code scent again. Only after many hours there is too much of the synthetic left, so that the scent could be more exhausting, but the day is long over anyway :D

The fragrance is autumnal and for me an all-rounder for this cool season, which could be used at any time for all occasions, whether job (but here really small dosage!), daytime, evening, in the spare time or to go out. The sillage and durability are also okay, so if you don't have anything against rather simple smelling main streamers, you couldn't do anything wrong with it. But: I would still advise much more to the code Profumo, because I find it much more successful.

So this code is definitely recommendable at least for code fans again and makes you hope that upcoming scents from Armani, especially a possible new code next year, could be much better again. Oh yeah... I wish Gucci would do the same, but they only seem to give off a nice smelling Guilty scent now and then (and at least good smelling women's scents), but otherwise I miss the days when Gucci scents like Gucci pour Homme I or II, both very great scents, came from Gucci *sigh* But I don't want to go over to Gucci now and come to the end here.

Soo! That's it again. I wish you all a nice evening, until next time! :)

PhillipFrag
Very simple and yet very complex?
I've read a lot about this fragrance, it covers a certain target group, I don't want to belong there, etc.
The next ones were very enthusiastic and recommended him further. Such an accumulation of extreme opinions always makes me sit up and take notice, because I have often found such good scents.

So I went to test the scent.
First said: a fellow student of mine has worn the code Profumo for a long time. The latter, however, consumed it too much. Basically I liked the fragrance.

The fragrance is very similar to Profumo. It is a little less sweet and has a very pleasant leather note which I personally like very much It starts fruity sweet, whereby the fragrance starts almost like a mix of One million (which fragrance I don't like at all) Boss Bottled Intense.
The tonka bean, vanilla and leather are quickly added. From here the scent becomes interesting for me. Especially the fine leather note has taken a liking to me. In the later sale a minimal spiciness and/or earthiness is added, which is accompanied however constantly by the remaining sweetness of the tonka bean and the vanilla.

The shelf life and the silage are brutal. Definitely no scent for the office or the university, it is here and a go out / party scent in autumn or winter. But please, no more than 2-3 splashes. With 2 splashes I have a super performance for 10 hours.

I personally like the creamy, sweet composition with leather, even though the fragrance sale is relatively monotonous.
Who is not a fan of sweet Tonka fragrances, however, will not like this fragrance.
I have received only positive feedback so far and will definitely wear the scent this winter.

Dkay31
Insane durability!!!!! (& That of a rehearsal !)
Hello :)

I read on the internet (I don't know where it was sorry anymore) that this scent should last about 14 hours, of course I got extremely light, I mean 14 hours is a dream of a durability, and also the Asolu of the code I got by a sample.

Since I didn't want it on my skin (for now) I sprayed it on a rounds card, that was tuesday (this week), today is thursday, the card still smells like it, very weak but it smells like strong vanilla .... I had never had a perfume from a designer brand where the perfume lasted as long as the Armani Code Absolu.

However, I am not yet sure if I am the right type for this strong fragrance.

How does it smell?

Do you still remember Werther's Echte advertising that always runs on TV during the winter? The same smell as a werters real candy, one would like to bite into the non-existent candy, extremely strong vanilla (interesting how often I have used the word ^^).

To when should one wear it?

I'd say it's not for everyday use, much more for special birthdays, christmas, maybe even for the first date in a resteraunt, or if you have a meeting of a special kind.

I would recommend you to spray a maximum of 2 times, because as already mentioned the durability is very long and also the odour strength is great, I would even prefer to get a 30ml bottle, I think you get very good on the round, after all this variety is also very expensive.
7.0 8.0 8.0 7.0/10

Taurus1967
Absolu(t) for a very specific target group
As some have already noticed, this Eau de Toilette is more of a flanker of the Armani Code Profumo than of the original Armani Code. You can also almost derive it from the color.

Accordingly, the fragrance is strongly oriented towards the tonka bean, which does not necessarily have to be the wrong way round. Although it is not mentioned here, the whole composition reminds me of a sweet almond milk porridge with a dash of vanilla and a mini-prise nutmeg, garnished in a light wooden bowl, a little bit lined with suede. Appetising, but it's not quite enough for a real gourmand.

If you sniff it more intensively, you will also see some of the restrained orange blossom. Fruity things like mandarin and apple can only be perceived for a few nanoseconds when sprayed on, before it fades away.

It's ok overall with its sweet softness, although Code Absolu already bores me a bit after a few minutes. In addition, I have the feeling that I am the wrong target group for this, because the ingratiation with One Million is not too much out of the air.
Doesn't need Armani, but earning money is part of business. But despite all my sympathy for the brand, I can't talk about the fragrance any more exciting than it is.

Casi
The chewing gum machine sends its greetings
Tested at Douglas today. A very sweet scent that reminds me a lot of chewing gum. Heading toward 1 million. Durability and Sillage are definitely top! I'd rather use it to go out and if it's slightly cooler.

8.0/10

Profumo?
This code reminds me already very much of the code Profumo. The tonka bean is much less concentrated in this one. Fastnacht him a little more gentle and balanced. A very good fragrance, the somewhat more pleasant Profumo, but as with all Code Flankers one should not expect a completely new fragrance experience.
8.0 9.0 9.0 7.0/10

DerDefcon
He gets to the point fast.
The code series is a flawless cash cow. But what the hell? It's perfectly all right. You want to make money at the end of the day, which is absolutely legitimate. But I don't feel so great when I get a nearly 1:1 scent copy of the conventional Code Profumo, which appeared a few years earlier, served. I deliberately used the word "almost" because the scent is a little different here.
While the Code Profumo is characterized by a slightly longer dominating top note, which is characterized by mandarin and apple, the Absolu gets to the point very quickly. The freshness of the fruitiness, which is typical of many top notes, disappears after a few minutes and tonka beans and vanilla are used, which provide the sweetness and warm up the fragrance very quickly. I perceive the suede after about an hour, but by no means in an intensity that would have been desirable to at least contain or contrast that sweetness.
Actually, it was. Maybe you were hoping for a longer comment, but I have to pass. The Code Absolu smells to me just like the Code Profumo, only with the difference that the Armanis latest release has a fast fragrance process. Otherwise I did not notice any differences worth mentioning. The durability is still very good and at the Sillage there is also nothing to complain about. Therefore, please dose carefully and consider exactly when and where such sweetness is appropriate. Just like Profumo, I lack spice here, because something has to be set against this extreme sweetness. It doesn't stick as bad as in the "Stronger With You" series, where Armani would have to issue a recipe for insulin for free, but it's not so pleasant for me.

My conclusion in a few key points:

- Durability and Sillage very good
- no nominal difference to the code Profumo
- some sweetness that doesn't meet my taste 100 percent

Aithan 16 days ago
Good Performance
Got slight citrus over sweet note at opening. Got suede & dry nutty sweet note at drydown
I feel like sth is missing there
6.0
DPArtist 7 months ago
The 1st time I've been WOWED by a Code fragrance! A familiar designer scent but done to perfection. Reminds me Profumo & Stronger With You.+3
9.0
9.0
GabrielCE 8 months ago
Bit more delicate than Code Profumo, toned down and less sweet.
Much more formal and composed, still a good fragrance.+5

by Icufish
by Icufish

Popular Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code / Black Code (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Sì (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lei/elle/she/ella/女... by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lui/il/he/él/男... by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Profumo by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Essenza by Giorgio Armani Eau de Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani