Armani Mania pour Homme 2002 Eau de Toilette

Armani Mania pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
Armani Mania pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for men and was released in 2002. The scent is spicy-woody. It was last marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange leafMandarin orange leaf
SaffronSaffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesVetiverVetiver
CedarCedar
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
MuskMusk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 05.02.2021.

Best buddy in town
A master of his guild, the good Mr Kurkdjian, was at work here. Created at the beginning of the millennium, this fragrance is probably no longer produced. Which is a pity (as so often). If I were to apply a few attributes to the Armani brand, I would practically say through the bank: solid! I don't know any scents that are repulsive in my nose (in contrast to Bulgari, Guerlain, YSL, Dior or Gucci), but there is no colossal highlight for me (in contrast to Bulgari, Guerlain, YSL, Dior or Gucci ... haha).

Virtually all of my favorite fragrances contain some form of vetiver, including Armani Mania (AM). I practically never have anything against musk in the base either. In this respect I find here finally once again an EDT, with which the list of ingredients can be deduced from the overall impression (very good). Often enough this is unfortunately not the case and I think to myself: Where is the cursed sandalwood, the incense or the cardamom!?

The word "mania" can be translated as mania, fad, madness, frenzy. So you should expect something more extreme than what you get here. Because AM is definitely not going in an extreme direction, but in my opinion it fits ideally into the big city. If I define a fragrance over what I DO NOT want, then I would apply that to AM: not sweet, not leathery, not overblown, not fruity, not powdery, not soapy! The result is a melange that is optimal for me and that I can apply all day while working and going out. Only that maybe a little bit of the last thrill is missing.

I would describe the scent color green-grey. AM comes from there like an urban oasis. One is just as aware of the trees and the meadow in the park as one is of the adjacent shimmering air over heated asphalt. Therefore, this fragrance is a bit like the more everyday, natural and refreshing "Tom Ford Noir Anthracite". An EDT, with which you don't get a great smack or attract attention, but still master the day self-confidently and confidently. That's what I'm praising!

Transparent spicy cedar
Guilty pleasure. I admit this is clearly utterly synthetic, kind of cheap, with a ridicolously crap persistence...but I like it - for the first thirty minutes (which is nearly the entire life span of Mania) I actually almost love it. It smells like something Comme des Garçons could have come up with, and in that case it would surely have got more praise. Basically it is a really simple, almost “geometrical” cold blend of icy white cedar, violet, saffron (for once, I get a real smell of saffron, even if for really short) and crisp, slightly watery musk. The notes are conventional, and so is the blend somehow: but they get a treatment here which makes them smell metallic, fresh, transparent, really “contemporary” and slightly different from, for example, other “pencil sharpener” scents. Saffron probably gives some spicy twist which makes Mania smell a bit more unique, but also musk plays a role in providing a really peculiar sort of watery-metallic feel underneath the spicy woodiness. Also I get a sort of rubbery vinyl-like feel resembling to synthetic leather, really subtle and oddly “fresh” like the rest for the notes. Shortly a different – more modern, more aloof – take on a spicy “pencil shavings” fragrance, in the same league of Montana Graphite and Balmain’s Carbone crossed with the synthetic transparency of many Comme des Garçons fragrances. This is a bit like a really common piece of glass, just positioned in a slightly different way thus reflecting things differently. Nothing new and nothing great, but it works good and it’s worthy a sniff for me.

6,5-7/10
2.5

Drseid
Pepper And Cedar That Is Just OK...
I like Mania, but only just. I get a lot of pepper with it even though it is not listed in the notes. That, and cedar. Pretty simple scent and not nearly the best option for either of those notes. That said, I like pepper and cedar, so it is tough for me not to at least like Mania, even if I still see it as a disappointment. 2.5 to 3 stars out of 5.

KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
It is a clean woody soap and in my opinion it is the father of the Baccarat Rouge 540. What I most liked before.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 2 years ago
An underrated fragrance that is discontinued, unfortunately. Very pleasant cedar-saffron-citrusy combo.

by Diorella
by Diorella

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Iris Céladon by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Absolu Gold by Giorgio Armani