Armani Privé - Cuir Noir 2011

Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani
Armani Privé - Cuir Noir is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is leathery-woody. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAustralian sandalwood, Rose, Nutmeg, Coriander
Heart Notes Heart NotesLeather, Oud, Gaiac wood
Base Notes Base NotesTahitian vanilla absolute, Benzoin

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 27.09.2020.

Polarrfox
Cuir, saffron in an elegant bottle - for a horrible price.
Honestly, its such a nice fragnance.
I sometimes feel it on my uncle (I do not have so much money to buy a scent for such a price), so I will describe my feelings when I feel it on him.
It actually starts with sweetness, combined with cuir and then with saffron. After a while, it becomes more and more weak, and there can be felt mainly cuir. Its very warm fragnance, makes me feel safe (dont know why, haha).
I think its mainly for men, it can easily underline their masculinity.

Once I had an oportunity to try this piece and it was much sweeter on me than on my uncle. I do not have very acid feromones, so thats maybe the reason. It was nice, but sometimes it felt too much strong on me.

Anyway, for that price I would except stronger longevity, cant help myself. If it cost less, I would definitely buy this one. Main reason would be, its sweet and mysterious, maybe a little bit smoky.
For THAT price, well...
DonJuanDeCat
If you don't want to end up a scratching post!
Hello and welcome to a new fragrance! Well, more like a description! Let's say welcome anyway :D

Today I'm telling you about a fragrance from a series where I intended to take a closer look at them because they had always interested me a lot, but I've only tried very few of them so far. It's about the Armani Privé range, bottled in these great bottles and where it seems there are some really great scents to be found. I hope that this is true and that I now test these fragrances more often when I am out and about in fragrance shops. Quite apart from that these scents are in the ladies department, whereby I can try hopefully so unnoticed surely also the one or other new lady scent, he he he :D

Today it is about Cuir Noir, black leather, as it is also translated here on Parfumo. What makes me think of the old, black leather couches of my parents, which were still standing in the old flat at that time and were partly scratched by our cat with the time. Whereby the new seats meanwhile also show traces of fur paws :D This doesn't seem to be preventable,... my leather chair at my desk is scratched just as little as various furniture of my brother or of some friends and relatives. Yeah, we're all cat lovers, but can it be that we let the stupid creatures get away with too much? Hmm.... D
Well, let's get to the scent!

The fragrance:
The fragrance starts immediately with leather, but it still smells soft, although it "cooperates" quickly with the oud. A beautiful sweetness emerges, which comes from the vanilla, but also slightly amber-like smells. The benzoin also has an immediate effect and makes the already gentle beginning even more pleasant, especially together with the sandalwood.
In the background it smells slightly spicy, as if very weak black pepper was present. Besides there is also coriander in it, which I don't like that much as you know, but this scent is not very intense at first, so it doesn't bother me yet, but in the later base it got on my nerves a little bit.
The fragrance doesn't seem to change much later, as soft leather, sandalwood and vanilla are the main scents. Oud gets weaker quickly, however, so that he is hardly noticed later. Only the later base has annoyed me a little bit because of the coriander, which one could have done without here in my opinion, but well, that's not that bad, because you can smell the beautiful, soft and also slightly powdery notes. That's why I like the fragrance in general quite well.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is, probably due to the more gentle scents, a bit weaker, so that it will smell best from close up for others, but this for a while with constant intensity without further weakening immediately. The shelf life is good because the fragrance lasts ten hours and probably a little longer.

The bottle:
The black bottle is rectangular and slightly arched on the upper side of the neck. It has a gold-plated label and an equally golden lid, which looks like a polished stone and thus emphasizes everything optically. All in all a very beautiful, noble and of course high quality bottle.

Yeah, it's exactly these scents that motivate me to test more of this fragrance line. Because I liked Cuir Noir pretty much already, and that, although coriander is in it, so it means something if I write something like that here! D

Let's be serious, Cuir Noir is a beautiful leather scent, which is soft and gentle due to resinous notes and the sandalwood and therefore very pleasant to the nose. One likes to smell it and therefore wants to perceive it from time to time, no matter whether one smells it oneself or with others, whereby it could be perceived rather less with others due to the weaker Sillage, I suppose. Therefore, in my opinion, it is not really suitable as a night scent, at least not for celebrating or where people should actually smell the scent on you intensively. But going to dinner or for similar situations, as a discreet but nice companion, he is very well suited, as well as for work. Leathery-ougth scents are often more autumnal and wintery scents, but this one could still be used in spring.

I think that Cuir Noir is a very nice and recommendable fragrance, which you can try :)

Oh, and the smell didn't remind me of a leather couch. I think you don't run the risk of ending up as a scratching post for your home tigers if you use the scent :DD
That's it again and I wish you a nice evening :)

Cuir Noir von Giorgio Armani
this isn 't a classic retro leather fragrance the vanilla and rose touch tend to subdue and gourmandize the result in a very particular way i would prefer to smell this on women skin .
2.5
2.5

Caramelbomb!
FAIL by Armani!
The leather (if there is any) fades fast and is gone in 30 Minutes. It seems hidden under lots of Caramel Clouds that CUIR.
No strong oud accords i get, more like old almonds in the Sun. Amber and Vanilla smell come up and dominate. Like a milk-toffee candy. Sweet and Cheap. This one stays about 4 hours. Maybe less. Stays very close to your skin. That's it.

Nothing special. A little bit like AMBER by MARC JACOBS mixed with ROCHAS MAN. Not worth the money. Sorry.

Scent: 2/10

HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Soft and pleasing leather and oud combination. The oud note remains very decent. Vanilla and benzoin give a sweet-spicy tone.

by Mimara
by Thecombad
by Sashlic
by Sashlic

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Iris Céladon by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Fumé by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani