Armani Privé - Cuir Noir (2011)

Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé - Cuir Noir is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is leathery-woody. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesAustralian sandalwood, Rose, Nutmeg, Coriander
Heart Notes Heart NotesLeather, Oud, Gaiac wood
Base Notes Base NotesTahitian vanilla absolute, Benzoin

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.05.2019

8.0 5.0 8.0 7.5/10

DonJuanDeCat
If you don't want to end up a scratching post!
Hello and welcome to a new fragrance! Well, more like a description! Let's say welcome anyway :D

Today I'm telling you about a fragrance from a series where I intended to take a closer look at them because they had always interested me a lot, but I've only tried very few of them so far. It's about the Armani Privé range, bottled in these great bottles and where it seems there are some really great scents to be found. I hope that this is true and that I now test these fragrances more often when I am out and about in fragrance shops. Quite apart from that these scents are in the ladies department, whereby I can try hopefully so unnoticed surely also the one or other new lady scent, he he he :D

Today it is about Cuir Noir, black leather, as it is also translated here on Parfumo. What makes me think of the old, black leather couches of my parents, which were still standing in the old flat at that time and were partly scratched by our cat with the time. Whereby the new seats meanwhile also show traces of fur paws :D This doesn't seem to be preventable,... my leather chair at my desk is scratched just as little as various furniture of my brother or of some friends and relatives. Yeah, we're all cat lovers, but can it be that we let the stupid creatures get away with too much? Hmm.... D
Well, let's get to the scent!

The fragrance:
The fragrance starts immediately with leather, but it still smells soft, although it "cooperates" quickly with the oud. A beautiful sweetness emerges, which comes from the vanilla, but also slightly amber-like smells. The benzoin also has an immediate effect and makes the already gentle beginning even more pleasant, especially together with the sandalwood.
In the background it smells slightly spicy, as if very weak black pepper was present. Besides there is also coriander in it, which I don't like that much as you know, but this scent is not very intense at first, so it doesn't bother me yet, but in the later base it got on my nerves a little bit.
The fragrance doesn't seem to change much later, as soft leather, sandalwood and vanilla are the main scents. Oud gets weaker quickly, however, so that he is hardly noticed later. Only the later base has annoyed me a little bit because of the coriander, which one could have done without here in my opinion, but well, that's not that bad, because you can smell the beautiful, soft and also slightly powdery notes. That's why I like the fragrance in general quite well.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is, probably due to the more gentle scents, a bit weaker, so that it will smell best from close up for others, but this for a while with constant intensity without further weakening immediately. The shelf life is good because the fragrance lasts ten hours and probably a little longer.

The bottle:
The black bottle is rectangular and slightly arched on the upper side of the neck. It has a gold-plated label and an equally golden lid, which looks like a polished stone and thus emphasizes everything optically. All in all a very beautiful, noble and of course high quality bottle.

Yeah, it's exactly these scents that motivate me to test more of this fragrance line. Because I liked Cuir Noir pretty much already, and that, although coriander is in it, so it means something if I write something like that here! D

Let's be serious, Cuir Noir is a beautiful leather scent, which is soft and gentle due to resinous notes and the sandalwood and therefore very pleasant to the nose. One likes to smell it and therefore wants to perceive it from time to time, no matter whether one smells it oneself or with others, whereby it could be perceived rather less with others due to the weaker Sillage, I suppose. Therefore, in my opinion, it is not really suitable as a night scent, at least not for celebrating or where people should actually smell the scent on you intensively. But going to dinner or for similar situations, as a discreet but nice companion, he is very well suited, as well as for work. Leathery-ougth scents are often more autumnal and wintery scents, but this one could still be used in spring.

I think that Cuir Noir is a very nice and recommendable fragrance, which you can try :)

Oh, and the smell didn't remind me of a leather couch. I think you don't run the risk of ending up as a scratching post for your home tigers if you use the scent :DD
That's it again and I wish you a nice evening :)
8.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Fragrance Trekk 2 - The Wrath of Oud
The perfume room - endless expanses....

We are in a distant future. These are the adventures of the new spaceship Parfumo, which travels many light years from Earth to discover strange noses, unknown scents and new creations. The perfume penetrates into flacons that no one has ever seen before."

Perfume logbook
Stardate 17092018
Captain Schoork

After we had left the Dior system some time ago, we toured some other stars that were new to us. Some we kept well in mind, others burned up quite quickly.
After we passed the Kadewe Quadrant with warp 4 and went back to pulse speed, a gigantic Armani cruiser appeared before us on our screen.

On our journey we had to deal with the Armanis from time to time, but these were small short-haul wings, which annoyed us rather and with which we made short work of. This was a different class, and I lowered the shields immediately.

It was the Cuir Noir from the Privè class, an elite unit of the Armanis, who immediately opened fire.
A whole volley of sandalwood proton projectiles and rose torpedoes hit our ship head-on and the shields were directly at less than 30%. And all this at the beginning, without conversation. They were really on.

The attempt to turn away failed, because our nose had gotten something off and we were first of all unable to manoeuvre. Hottie our chief engineer said it would take a while. So I had to follow the request of the foreign captain and let me beam to the Cuir Noir.

Spice units armed with nutmeg phasers received me and brought me to a room. I sat down on a dark leather chair and waited for the things that still came.
I was very aware that this chair was very soft, maybe Cardassian pug buffalo, possibly also volcanic long-distance hare or just pheasant thigh inner skin.

He also smelled very new, very pleasant, the room was lined with fine wood, which had a calming effect on me. On the table were roses, I think, or Bajoran Pokosadis. Quite a few! It had a feminine touch.

After an hour or two, the door opened and the captain stood in front of me. Very inconspicuous, very small, he stood there and introduced himself with Captain Oud. You wouldn't even notice it if it were among many. He offered me a drink. Krallafrukaponsh in his language. Tastes like vanilla, sweet and a little powdery in the finish. He always meant benzoin benzoin, which probably means cheers.

One sentence of Him I will not forget so quickly...

"Ectility mansadiko schalti flantonade raktonat Ikolamin"

Well, my tricoder translates literally... Your nose is smelly good... but I know what he means. I think he likes me.

He was very sociable and the ambience was pleasantly warm. We sat together for a few hours and negotiated a truce. Yeah, we got along fine, you could say that.
I didn't tell him we rammed the Stronger with you from the Armani fleet yesterday.

The perfume was saved and will continue to re-discover the unknown.
8.0/10

Cuir Noir von Giorgio Armani
this isn 't a classic retro leather fragrance the vanilla and rose touch tend to subdue and gourmandize the result in a very particular way i would prefer to smell this on women skin .
7.5 2.5 2.5 2.0/10

Caramelbomb!
FAIL by Armani!
The leather (if there is any) fades fast and is gone in 30 Minutes. It seems hidden under lots of Caramel Clouds that CUIR.
No strong oud accords i get, more like old almonds in the Sun. Amber and Vanilla smell come up and dominate. Like a milk-toffee candy. Sweet and Cheap. This one stays about 4 hours. Maybe less. Stays very close to your skin. That's it.

Nothing special. A little bit like AMBER by MARC JACOBS mixed with ROCHAS MAN. Not worth the money. Sorry.

Scent: 2/10

Hermesh 4 years ago
Soft and pleasing leather and oud combination. The oud note remains very decent. Vanilla and benzoin give a sweet-spicy tone.+2
10.0

by Thecombad
by Sashlic
by Sashlic

Popular Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code / Black Code (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Sì (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lei/elle/she/ella/女... by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lui/il/he/él/男... by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Profumo by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Essenza by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Eau de Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani