Armani Privé - Oud Royal (2010)

Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé - Oud Royal is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is woody-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesSaffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesOud, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Myrrh, Sandalwood, Frankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.03.2019

Western Oud
Once the initial weirdness of putty, hot plastic and dentists surgery have settled down, Oud Royal reveals its true colours. Tones of incense, rose, black liquorice and a sweet powderiness of amber augment the rich phenolic bitter-woody core of Oud.

The structure has a nice edgy feel, substantial enough to avoid becoming sharp or thin, and a red-brown, hard slightly oily mahogany texture which is very satisfying.

Once the profile has resolved itself into the core message, it's essentially straight and true thereafter, fading to an overtone of incense in around four hours.

Agarwood is a distinctive material. If you don't like strong or raw notes this may not be for you, but if you like Oud you might find something of interest in this Evelyne Boulanger composition.

Armani Privé's take is not an easy ride. Royal Oud is well named; it has a refined air and demands to be paired up with only the most sartorial of outfits. Its sillage would not be out of place in the lobby of a grand hotel, but a simple well fitting shirt and jeans may do just as well.

The high price, linearity, the sometimes synthetic feel and its poor longevity are all issues with Oud Royal, but if you are looking for an agarwood that's easily accessible this is one to try.
8.0/10
Leather & Oud
I sniffed this before looking at the notes and what I got was straightforward: leather and oud, and a nice one. Now that I've seen the notes, yes, I can twist my brain around to smell musky saffron, rose, incense definitely and amber, but put them together and they're a gorgeous leather, mixed with oud. Bottom line--if you like leather and you like oud, this won't disappoint. Hubby sure likes it. Me, too.
7.5 7.5 7.5 10.0/10
OUD with a tender Soul!
MASTERPIECE!

Gosh.I can tell I have tried a lot of parfum in my young life of 30 now. Also I worked in a sensory lab for a short time and my nose is mostly very sensitive to some smells and odors.
Seeking again and again for a Winterfragrance like every year I found this Masterpiece. Oud is trendy today I know...so I tried 7 different Niche Oud Parfums on the market and only Tom Fords Oud Wood I kinda liked soso until I found OUD royal in Hamburg for 210 € after i read some raving reviews. I fell in love with the sample and in Berlin I had the chance to grap it for 190€ again but I still waited cause I am a broke student right now and bought Molton Brown ROGART before(fantastic,rarely composition of a fresh wood Scent). In Amsterdam for 150€ I got crazy and paid for it after all. Even tho I own a lot of Niche parfums and always push me back buying more I couldnt resist. For everyone who likes it woody and warm this is the scent to go, iI get the OUD, Amber and less Incense, stays quite long on clothes. On my skin it is getting sweeter. My top No.1 after 5 years of seeking. Highly recommend to all OUD Lovers out there. I think it is the best in its Category. Armani please dont let this discontinue! BRAVO!

scent: 9/10

by Gwiazdka72
by Piladilibri
by Piladilibri

Popular Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code / Black Code (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Sì (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lei/elle/she/ella/女... by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lui/il/he/él/男... by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Profumo by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Essenza by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Eau de Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani