Armani Privé - Pierre de Lune (2004)

Armani Privé - Pierre de Lune by Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé - Pierre de Lune is a perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and men and was released in 2004. The scent is floral-green. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Daniela Andrier

Top Notes Top NotesGreen notes, Violet
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlackcurrant blossom, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesAmber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.11.2019

8.0 4.0 7.0 8.0/10

DonJuanDeCat
I'm thinking about Sailormoon again... and therefore mini skirts too!
Good evening, folks. Well, what'd you all put your noses into today? D
I was snooping around Armani's, Pierre de Lune from the Privé Collection. The name of the fragrance, Pierre de Lune, makes me think of Sailormoon again. Because at the beginning I thought there was just a name with a "moon" name in it, but it means "moonstone".

And who knows Sailormoon, and it in its youth (yeah, also as a boy, ... :D) extensively looked at, has also certainly still the title song in the memory, in which among other things the following line appears:

"...say the magic word and you have the power.
Hold the moonstone and feel the power..."

Well... the song burns into your brain, whether the lyrics interest you or not. Much more important for us pubescent boys was rather the question which of the warriors was sexiest and which boy might be in love with which warrior... preferably all of them, of course, because they wore all MINIRÖCKE!!! My "darling" by the way was Sailorvenus, because I found the prettiest *hach*... ah those were still times. Anyway, this anime series was firmly connected with the moonstone term, which is why I had to think of Sailormoon :D

But back to the fragrance before I'm laughed at, because I watched Sailormoon too, but that was my first anime (Japanese cartoons). The scent here was of course not inspired by Sailormoon, but by French gardens and should radiate above all iris and oak and thus reproduce what such nobles at the Versailles Castle are said to have worn ... but what this has to do with moonstones, I could not find out. Now for the fragrance:

The fragrance:
At the beginning one smells soft, powdery iris, but also herbaceous green notes. For a while, the green notes even smell like freshly cut grass, which is really great, especially if you're into the smell of grass. Only shortly afterwards the violets appear. They are weak, but give off a nice sweetness, which is not very intense.
For a long time the fragrance actually remains as just described, only that the green and tart notes continue to decrease, which is a bit of a pity. The iris still smells like it began and radiates its powdery scent. In addition, there are other, light and loose flowers that appear soft and fresh.
In the base the fragrance looks even less green, but it remains sweet and powdery nice, but unfortunately also very weak in terms of radiance.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The charisma is rather weak, but at least a short while at one smells, at least from the proximity. Could've been stronger, because it smells so nice. The shelf life is better, even if the fragrance only radiates weakly after six hours.

The bottle:
The bottle is black, rectangular and has rounded or convex edges at the upper edge of the bottle. On the front there is a square indentation in which the golden label is embedded. As always, the lid is an eye-catcher that is white with this fragrance and thus looks like a smooth polished stone. All in all very beautiful as always.

So, Soo, the scent here is supposed to remind you of the gardens of Versailles Palace? Well, I guess so. Because it smells beautiful of flowers, grass, general and gentle spring breeze with beautiful, powdery and also pure smells. It's actually like a breeze that you sometimes notice and sometimes not, because the scent is unfortunately a bit too weak. At the beginning still briefly smellable, it becomes at least with me after still not even one hour quite close to the body. He smells nice to me for a while, but I guess he won't be noticed by others much soon.

Nevertheless, it is a very beautiful fragrance, which has a very pleasant scent and is especially suitable for spring and summer. As it is weak, it is therefore best suited as a day fragrance for yourself, which you could use both in your free time and at work.

But I still don't know why the scent is called moonstone. Say, there's no flower called moonstone, is there? :DD I Blumenbanause don't know such a thing! Because when I think of moonstone, I only think of miniskirts... um... I meant Sailormoon, of course! :D

Be that as it may, the fragrance is very worth testing if you like soft, slightly floral-green and powdery-pure fragrances. Because of this fragrance, I think the fragrance also goes clearly in a feminine direction instead of being unisex!

And I'm done with that again! I wish you all a nice evening, you "see" each other :)
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Greatly helpful Review
Under the pillow
Moonstone - how beautiful it sounds.
I've got some moonstone jewelry. Not because of its effect, but because of its appearance.
Clear, shimmering light blue. Brilliant and so beautiful, heavenly. Fits everything and just looks good.

Moonstone has (excerpt from Wiki) a special effect:
Moonstone can help with moon addiction. He should lie under his pillow for a whole moon phase. It also strengthens intuition and intensifies feelings. Thus the moonstone increases the empathy and promotes the love. Moonstone works particularly well for women. It gives them vitality, serenity and balance and gives them a youthful radiance. Even during menstruation or pregnancy. The moonstone is additionally able to alleviate fears.
WTF - is ingenious! At least as stone. Every man (or woman) should give a moonstone or moonstone jewelry to his loved ones. Would benefit him too *g*
As a fragrance, I actually tend to attribute it more to the female faction.
Pierre de Lune immediately jumps up at you with a fully blossoming iris that seems to explode from the green grass bursting with strength. Powdery and green, fresh, like the clear morning and cuddled up in a terry bathrobe. Household clappers in violet, like little violets that nestle sweetish-green to the cold foot in the morning. Soft amber light, warm yellow-orange, makes you wake up slowly and stretch out - with a smile on your face - looking forward to the day.
At the breakfast table you try to remember the dream of last night. You don't have the time because a tangy currant distracts you. Acidic and a little bitter. Delicious! But that's also the scent that doesn't really fit into the cuddly scent, but that's also why it makes it so special and not boring.
Pierre de Lune is not a really soft, quiet iris/violet scent, but one that says: "Hey, here I am - hash me, otherwise my good mood will sweep you away"

La bella Luna
There are some fragrances you wouldn't wear to work or around young children. I have altogether too many of these. Pierre de Lune will take you to the secret places in a child's mind or perhaps remind your Grandmother of how life once was. I don't find much Iris but I do find a bog of cool arum lilies, slight narcissus, and a little violet. The ionone in violets that robs your sense of smell after the first whiff seems apparent here. The fragrance reinvents itself just when you thought it was gone. It's very interesting but not at all in your face as Cuir Amethyste is. Wear it at the full moon as I'm sure Giorgio intended. If I shower before bedtime and put on my PJs this is often what I will reach for. When I bought it, prior to repackaging, it was one of the refill bottles at a small cost. Now it is colossally expensive and I have very little left. Cher won an Oscar for her role in 'Moonstruck'. What's in a name? Enough to suck me in.
7.0/10

Fresh laundry
Pierre de Lune opens with a nice combo of violets and iris. I adore the initial opening, fresh slightly sweetened violets with an almost fizzy feel to it.

The first ingredient that emerges after the violet/ iris combo is the mimosa and I think it's accompanied with the synthetic ingredient belambre. It turns sweeter in this stage, the mimosa is very pretty. From now on it slowly moves to the middle stage which to my nose is very fresh (almost aquatic, but not quit so). It's more like freshly wash cotton sheets I used to smell when I was little - no dryers, but outside in the sun. Very fresh and clean. This stage is growing on me. I never had a fragrance that was reminiscent of laundry, but there it is and I'm actually growing fond of it. This stage lasts for quite while.

In the base it slowly loses this laundry type of scent and I can smell a slightly powdery mimosa with a woody vibe. Sillage is minimal and longevity about 3 to 4 hours.

Dark and powdery
This is such a beauty
It starts of with blackurrant leaf on my skin ,green almost a bit smokey, and lots of Violets mixed with this smokeyness makes its abit on the dark side ,Iris adds a little dryness and powder to it also the woods lingers and adds to this beautful scent.
It stays this way for a few hours on my skin then it changes to a bit more sweet violett and iris scent, more feminin then the opening .
This is realy unik and different then any other Violet and Iris scent i have tryed .
This is also very long lasting on my skin and radiats beautifuly not to much but enough to get notised.

Lexa 2 years ago
Beautiful clean scent,the iris is as the Prada Infusion one,but for an Armani Prive i had more expectations. This is one is an iris cliche!+3
9.0

by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld
by Nikolina
by Nikolina
Mein Pierre de Lune.:-) So ein Schatz...Dank Anninii konnte ich dich günstig in meine Hände locken.:D:D:D
by Moni43

Popular Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code / Black Code (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Sì (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lei/elle/she/ella/女... by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lui/il/he/él/男... by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Profumo by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Essenza by Giorgio Armani Eau de Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani