Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico (2015)

Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Calice Becker

Amber accord, Cinnamon, Tonka bean, Patchouli, Prunol

Submitted by Michael, last update on 10.03.2019

8.0 10.0 9.0 9.0/10
Amber @ it's best
I'm a big Armani fan. Beside some scents I also own some fashion from this great brand. I have tested most designer fragrances and I own many. Now I also wanted to test the expensive Prive line. This is the only one left so far, but some will follow. Order a small filling/sample of this fragrance as I am a fan of sweet amber fragrances. Great little fragrance pyramid, which can come across well implemented great for fans of sweet fragrances.

The Prive-Line from Armani is very noble built. The bottles are extremely noble and elegant. Solid with golden shield and noble lid. Very nice.
The prices are of course somewhat steeper, like almost all drive lines from designer labels. Price here is from approx. 200 Euro a 100ml. Definitely something for people who deserve better.
The perfumer is Calice Becker, who became famous for her creations for Kilian and has also created some good scents.
The fragrance is rightly not magnificently divided into head-heart base. Although it changes slightly, it retains its initial DNA by and large. The star, as the name suggests, is of course Amber. Here the amber acts mainly in combination with creamy-sweet tonka bean. Cinnamon and patchouli are added. All 4 scents are very present and also the interplay is very harmonious. Also has a slightly mandeled touch. Smells very rich in calories, but still in a noble way.
The opening is very strong and has an exceptionally strong gourmand note, which radiates vehemently. The recognition value of this note is grandiose. One definitely stands out because of A.) The Sillage and B.) by this unique note. Who likes sweet amber gourmands and wants to attract attention? Take it. Especially the first hour of absolute world class performance. Then also a clear 10.0 in Sillage. Striking and one of the best that goes on. The shelf life is approx. 10 hours.
Unisex? Matching the balancing owners of the male and female sex, I have to say: One can sign like this. Those who prefer sweet fragrances can access this without hesitation.

It is really difficult to find a reason for this fragrance. As an everyday and leisure fragrance, it is definitely out of the question, because it is too rousty and simply too penetrating. For me, a clubbing and date scent is the most likely. In the club he definitely stands out and even on a date he could have a seductive effect. In my opinion it is best as an outdoor fragrance for the cold season.
Probably not a fragrance I'd buy due to lack of occasions. Nevertheless a fragrance that can score with a lot of class at some events. When you like to be the center of attention in fragrance technology? Definitely worth a buy.
9.0 6.0 7.0 9.5/10
Cumulnimbus
A beauty with a misleading name
Very comfortable and wearable, this composition is an elegant, sweet and creamy gourmand in which tonka bean, vanilla and benzoin play the main roles. I think I wouldn't have used the word amber in it's name, it is a sweet warm oriental indeed but I find it stands far away from the usual spectrum which amber centred perfumes cover. I just think the name is misleading, it isn't an amber and it isn't excentric, I expected something really challenging before I tested it, but it isn't, in fact I think this one could be a well valued and respected crowd pleaser if it just had a different price tag.

I can feel the cinnamon and fruits, an inoffensive soft patchouli and a subtle suede/leather note in the drydown, but all of these notes are just a chorus for the main tonka vanilla benzoin trio. I agree this perfume is quite linear, but it is the appearance of suede/leather note in the evolution makes me really love it, it gives body and a chic end to the blend. The over all effect is slightly powdery too, so to me it feels as a bit more feminine than unisex.

Sillage is good still polite, while longevity is very good.

As I wore it yesterday, I received a couple of compliments, back home at night my significant other mentioned I smelled as my own skin under the sun after a delicious holiday breakfast.

by Taskphorce
by Taskphorce
by PontNeuf
by PontNeuf

Popular Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code / Black Code (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Sì (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lei/elle/she/ella/女... by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lui/il/he/él/男... by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Profumo by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Essenza by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Eau de Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani