Armani Privé - Bleu Lazuli 2018

Armani Privé - Bleu Lazuli by Giorgio Armani
Armani Privé - Bleu Lazuli is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Pascal Gaurin

PlumPlum
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
Honeyed tobaccoHoneyed tobacco
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 10.01.2022.

Surprisingly gorgeous scent
For me and my collection - probably the first and only Armani Prive perfume that you won't immediately understand. It smells both sweet and spicy, with a hint of tobacco and some floral nectar.
And there's also a powder here and there, but it's very subtle.
It's an insanely gorgeous scent, distinctive and, above all, seductive. I can't stop sniffing my wrist because I keep wondering which note will come first
From the very first sniff I was expecting something different, maybe more similar to the other two Malachites that I own, but now I realise that this one is on another level and I love it!

Subtle tobacco!
Most dominant tobacco, plum, sandalwood, vanilla and honey notes, in that exact order. Somewhere I get occasional bergamot too. I like it because it's well balanced and wearable during whole year. It's long lasting with very nice sillage. Not sharp, somewhere between powdery and creamy. Honey note here is not sticky and not cloying, just how I like it. Tobacco is subtle, elegant and unisex, definitely not the dirty type. Very nice fragrance!
From male to female
The beginning of Bleu Lazuli is quite sharp in the nose. Shortly afterwards you can smell the pleasant honey tobacco and underneath the nicely spicy cardamom. A real spicy men's scent but still not obtrusive. Unfortunately it then gradually turns into a sweet vanilla cloud with a hint of honey. The spicy tobacco scent from the beginning has unfortunately gone and a, yet beautiful sweet honey-vanilla note is recognizable. But this is no longer masculine at all and unfortunately it becomes feminine. The word unisex has been taken a bit too literally here I suppose. D
In my opinion, the fragrance is therefore an elegant women's fragrance that starts very spicy but ends sweetly
Blue gemstone - The sea calls
The Armani Privé series has done it to me. This was the second fragrance in this series that I have tried and it was not the last. It goes right in my fragrance direction.

Right at the beginning I get the soft tobacco but also the sweetness with the mate and cardamom. Wow! Later on it becomes softer, even more beautiful. I smell a light note of sun cream, which I especially like.

That's the way the sea smells to me: beach, sun, heat, crickets decorate and the water washes up wood. One is alone and can dream.
Plum blue
I was told that in his younger years, Mr. Armani was occasionally seen inspecting the shop windows of his Milan boutiques on Sundays. I believe such perfectionism indiscriminately, and it is also said to be the case at his fashion shows. What puzzles me is that, on balance, he seems to be less committed, at least for the Privé fragrances launched in recent years. The fact that the things are marketed by L'Oréal is not an objection that I would like to accept. There you can undoubtedly order what you want.

I smell a plum note that I am uncomfortably familiar with, which immediately overshadows a hint of unruly jasmine. Reminds me of the 'Ambre Eccentrico', which in my opinion was not round, where a presumably hard prunol fan had challenged me quite insistently
Well, luckily the lady with the nerve potential is a bit more reserved than she was at that time. It surrounds itself with soft, woody spice. A lot of wood, when I think about it. Together with the tobacco, which can also be ticked off, this creates a depth that touches the oudige.

The problem: The latter is only perceptible directly on the skin, on top of it a fruity-vanilla mixture quickly develops, in which certain, more or less distant cherry and woodruff hints seem to me to indicate an involvement of coumarin. Our brave Jasmin grows into a respectable, soapy opponent in the second hour, but she cannot hold out and has to give up in the end.

The pale vanilla comes out undeniably synthetic in the course of the morning at the latest, as it drifts towards the pudding. In the afternoon it thickens steadily, I smell a kind of caramel with a fruity splash (plum, cherry - coumarin et al.) and unfortunately a blob of H-cream. Tobacco is limited to a peripheral location, but at least it is noticeable and I thank him inwardly for it.

By the way, the stubborn plum note is stronger than I had thought. The very next day this wannabe fruit is still hanging around my office annoyingly.

Conclusion: I had expected more from the "blue". I like 'Bleu Lazuli' better than his brother and sister - but that's not a great achievement. I find both of them disappointingly weak overall.

PS: I am curious about the new four, which are already listed here, but at least in the Alsterhaus in Hamburg they are not yet available. By the way, I heard there that the 'Myrrh Imperiale' had to be removed from the assortment. Not a good idea.
Gelis
Tobacco wood scent with additions
Violet75 has kindly left me a few drops of "Bleu Lazuli" and so I can give my one-day impressions today.

The top notes give just a flash: slightly tart + fresh. Almost immediately I notice the honey tobacco and plum, so it's fruity sweet with light tobacco. While I'm still thinking, hopefully it won't be too sweet, a gentle wood note shows up as well. For a while now it's cautiously sweet in the sillage, gently woody and lightly spicy due to the tobacco. Directly on the skin, the honey shows more clearly and sweetly. Jasmine and osmanthus have a hard time, only with intense sniffing I can perceive them behind wood and tobacco.

Mainly, "Bleu Lazuli" is for me a gentle, slightly sweet tobacco scent with soft woody notes, which is surrounded by fruit, flowers and vanilla in the course.

BL pleases me well. Due to the called price, however, he will find a place in my collection probably at most times as a bottling

MariaSMariaS 8 months ago
Sweet creamy plum vanille tobacco scent. Its lovely and very comforting smell, discreet, well blended, leaning feminine.
WayofscentWayofscent 12 months ago
It's alright, worth trying!
-most dominant tobacco, plum, sandalwood, vanilla and honey notes, in that exact order.

by ChopIsland
by ChopIsland
by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Toppine
Wetterkapriolen im Vilstal Teil 1: Gewitter im Anmarsch, da kann man nicht mehr von lazuli-blauem Himmel sprechen...
by Gandix
Blüten im Schnee. Ich hoffe, ihr könnt sie genießen, auch, wenn wir uns alle nach Frühling sehnen.
by Toppine
Der 'Lazuli' ist ausgebrochen.
by ColorsOfNose
by ColorsOfNose

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Intensely by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Absolutely by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Sì (Fiori Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani