Armani Privé - Bleu Turquoise 2018

Armani Privé - Bleu Turquoise by Giorgio Armani
Armani Privé - Bleu Turquoise is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is aquatic-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesSalty notesSalty notes FrankincenseFrankincense Black pepperBlack pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasminum auriculatum absoluteJasminum auriculatum absolute Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang CypriolCypriol
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood VanillaVanilla MossMoss

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 10.05.2022.

Salt, Vanilla and Incense
I loooooove this.

Basically you get a loooootta salt, spices, and vanilla. A very very slight tough of incense in the background, but wow this is gorgeous and very very strong :-)

What i notice is the big difference when you smell it up close to your nose, and the trail it leaves. When closer, it smells very aromatic and peppery... but the trail is just insane, very salty vanilla.
Unhappy balance
Maritime isn't very high on my list of likes and dislikes. But since 'Copal Azur' offered me a successful symbiosis between a certain wateriness and smoke, unchecked reservations are of course invalid. The paper test at the Armani booth in the Alsterhaus promised a closeness to the Duchaufour for 'Bleu Turquoise', a well-filled tester (they are now with a dotted head; on this topic see Commi to Musc Shamal) was directly available with.

In the foreground, the resemblance to the older colleague from Aedes de Venustas (from 2014) is indeed astonishing, except that Armani was seasoned with pepper instead of clove. For the present maritime approach I am considering, besides the usual suspects, vetiver salt.

The only problem is that when I first tested 'Copal Azur', which was done without knowing the information in the shop, I hadn't thought of anything maritime at all. And since then (I own the fragrance) his contribution has been pleasingly discreet.

With today's candidate, the perfumer's hand has unfortunately slipped in this regard and I find it far too much. Within a short time, the fragrance is surrounded by a brackish, musty impression, which bites quite unpleasantly with the vanilla sweetness. A scraped, dusty, scratchy surface doesn't make things better.

In my opinion, either the Salzig-Maritime should have been added to the sweetness or vice versa. The equal weighting, however, causes me to be quite reluctant. I hardly like to smell the sprayed back of my hand in order to search more carefully for possible other aromas and so I have to stay a little on the surface. Further days of testing brought neither change nor habituation.

It doesn't help me much that the brackish mood is ultimately limited in comparison to other fragrances (especially those newcomers from the cheaper corner, which end quickly and completely) and on top of that, a gentle splashing helps in the afternoon. I don't get more than a "Goes like this" backwards for me.

Bottom line: Not for me.
Perfumers, Zadig and Voltaire
Lately I have noticed that some perfumers develop very similar or almost identical fragrances for different houses/brands. There is Alberto's "Dark Lord" for Kilian, which is very similar to the "Guilty Absolute pour Homme". I also see his works "Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense" and "Versace pour Homme" at least as stylistically similar. Perfumers clearly leave their own signature in many fragrances. However, I find it amazing and worth mentioning that perfumers simply let older works develop/change a little further and sell them as new perfumes.

We're already at Bleu Turquoise. When I tested it, the scent reminded me of Zadig & Voltaire's "Just Rock! pour Lui" or "This Is Him!".
Right above I clicked on the perfumer of this fragrance, faded out all unisex and women's fragrances and ... lo and behold! He also created the two Zadig & Voltaire fragrances, together with other perfumers, which I just mentioned.

For me this fragrance is about 60% (I'll cut it short here) a "Zadig", which was only extended/refined with a slightly fresh, aquatic-salty and discreetly mossy green note. In comparison, the Turquoise is also significantly less sweet.

On my skin the typical, unsacral, almost unresinous frankincense note, as we know it from the Zadig fragrances, stretches to the end. It is accompanied by salt and pepper and leaves a discreet aquatic-fresh impression. Actually good for the summer, although I wouldn't necessarily wear it at higher temperatures (+27°C), because the scent looks a bit dark thanks to the incense note. The sweet vanilla is not as dominant as with the Zadigs, but nevertheless perceptible (especially at the end) and fits the incense note skilfully.

An exciting fragrance with some contrasts that work surprisingly well. Dark incense and light aquatics; freshness and warmth. So I like this fragrance better than the two Zadigs, even if they are not directly comparable now.

If you like the two Zadig & Voltaire fragrances, you might find a new favourite in this salty-aquatic reinterpretation.
Big cinema!
It's really time for this one lance to break!
For me one of the best summer scents of the last years, but it also works in every other season.
To me, it's like the "harder brother" of the Oud Minerale (whom I adore). A few "difficult candidates" come together here. Frankincense, salt and ylang-ylang.
But here so great balanced that it's just beautiful! Frankincense is prominent, salt too. The Ylang plays in the background, takes out the heaviness. But the scent never gets sweet or pompous for me!
Durability and Sillage are clearly above br /> Average!
He's just fun!
The bottle is perfect for me! Really beautiful to look at & reflects the olfactory! Not pure blue for aquatics, but turquoise! Say something green!
Absolutely test!

Priviledged Foretaste
I was (I think possibly somewhat genuinely) priviledged to get hold of it before the _official_ release-date, and I loved it instantly, with its excruciating musk (I see it's not listed; but, if this is not a _seriously_ musky fragrance, Trondheim is south of Melbourne!), funky-indolic jasmine, and then - to crown it all - that salt note! Stroke of genius! This perfume is a jewel, a resonance maximum! In the store I was shown maybe another eight or so before I could snap myself out of my rapture & say "it's alright - stop! stop for now! - I've already decided!".

by ChopIsland
by Journey82
by ColorsOfNose
by ColorsOfNose

Popular by Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Intensely by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Absolutely by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Absolu Gold by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Sì (Fiori Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani