Armani Privé - Iris Céladon (2016)

Armani Privé - Iris Céladon by Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé - Iris Céladon is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is powdery-spicy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesIris, Aldehydes, Bergamot, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris concrete, Chocolate, Mate absolute
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Ambrette, Patchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 17.04.2019

Iris
It smells like iris and incense
Classic iris with tom ford incens perfume
I know not listed amd not there but i feel tipical incense fragramce that is very popular today.
It can be that patchouly makes it...
Quite good projection and longevity
I love iris but this one is not my style
8.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10

Haunted castle iris?
AugustA's nose encounters something dull woody that is already so prominent in the top note that I don't know whether it smells sweet, cocoa or a bit musty. After a while I recognize it: Patchouli. Patchouli with iris in the form of powder = some kind of muff, although not quite unpleasant, rather with a little cocoa or coffee or flour or the like light (!) gourmandig. Not exactly flowery or fresh the top note after the first quarter of an hour.

Patchouli chlorine-iris. Again this Privé-Chlor, which has met with now already a few times too often... Somehow then nevertheless well. Ah, there's Mate and Ambrette... And again the cardamom, which sometimes doesn't smell so far away from soap-salt-aquatic. Well integrated here. Dry. slightly spicy, again a hint of cocoa.

The privés I've tried so far have something so ghostly in common. That's attractive, and AugustA therefore fidnet himself again and again at the Armani Privé fragrance altar with the Greens and smells at the meanwhile somewhat ollen bells.

By ghostly I mean: Impalpable, but sometimes also penetrant.
This one is not angry, you want to follow him as he floats around on the skin in bluish-green veils.

Then the fragrance becomes drier, the powder nutty and floral at the same time, light beige. Much better.

Celadon is a greenish bluish ceramic glaze, Chinese, medieval, very rare in Europe. A Chinese ghost, then. The colour is reminiscent of jade and the fragrance reflects this. A scent of iris in jade green. The Patchouli represents the connection between blue and green, grounded. Bring the blue over the green to earth. Here he walks now, the Chinese spirit.
In the haunted castle in the Spessart there were also green spirits. We'll do anything for you...! But this fragrance is the counterpart of shrill and rumbling (albeit sensationally wacky for time), which here is subtle and has depth.

Ambrette and Mate seem to be steering out the patch that has spread so wide on my skin. The scent becomes more pleasing with some distance, but when smelling directly at the skin still remains a strange musty touch, which I do not really like.

The fragrance also becomes pleasantly powdery over time. The iris melts beautifully with the cocoa, without dumping into the sweetness. On the contrary, it makes it almost dryer and although powder is a care component, it makes the fragrance both more dusty and more ethereal. A tender hand reaches for me and pulls me over into the spirit realm. Farewell...

Räusper, I'm still here.

Augusto finds: Smells like when porcelain breaks (or ceramics). He likes it better in the end than I do, let's see how it's done with him. To me the spirit exudes in the long run too badly this chlorous note and here still with dust. I just can't follow him all the way into the spirit realm... Although, he did have his moments...

First the base note becomes creamy, powdery soft and now very pleasant, not completely without wood and a little spice. If I had all that scent, I'd like it.

I'll try that again in winter. It smells somehow like a warm fleece sweater that you just pulled out of a box, a cup of cocoa in your hand.
That's okay, but not really good. Too much box.
The Privés are obviously not my style, although I try again and again. Something is always stuffy, musty or chlorous. But I am persistent.

Overt Musk
A very prominent quality of this fume' is its ^overt^ musk. Normally I find musk to be an exceedingly elusive aroma - a para-aroma if uw like, rather than a full-on specific aroma - for which I broach many analogies but always feeling that I never properly capture it: 'shimmering', 'slithering', etc. I read that it is really quite normal, the perceiving of musk in this way. However, this one has a muskiness that is more °concrete° in that I can point to it - purely mentally of course - & say "there, ^that^ aroma!". ~Knot~ by Bottega Venetta also has it.

It's a very rich & heavy 'fume. It °transitions° extremely well, to my mind (but I would not layer them together) with ~Iris Poudrée~ by Frederic Malle - the waxing of this merging seamlessly with the waning of that. And I think that is only to be expected.

This one has great weight, speaking in terms if the nature of it's content: rather opaque leathery & balsamic notes; or to broach analogy of music again, much more of the bass instruments entering in. The iris is much less °shrill° than in ~IP~, and the 'fume as a whole is a much comfier, cosier one. Indeed, it really is a ^very^ lush & opulent 'fume, smelling like it belongs rather in the office of some great & puissant minister in Whitehall than on me! It is certainly ^very^ much more demure: it pretty much completely lacks that brazen °lewdness° I speak of apropos ~Iris Poudrée~ & also ~Bruma~ by Trudon.

07012000 2 years ago
If you like "cuir amethyste" but a little bit lighter/sweeter and more powdery..you will love "iris celadon"!!+3

by Sweetsmell75
by IrinaBerlin
by Misia
by Misia

Popular Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code / Black Code (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Sì (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lei/elle/she/ella/女... by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lui/il/he/él/男... by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Profumo by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Essenza by Giorgio Armani Eau de Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani