Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite 2016

Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani
Top 84 in Unisex Perfume
Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Pascal Gaurin

Top Notes Top NotesSageSage Pink pepperPink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesTuberoseTuberose Orange blossomOrange blossom Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang Jasmine sambac absoluteJasmine sambac absolute
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere woodCashmere wood BenzoinBenzoin Amber Xtreme™Amber Xtreme™

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 25.05.2022.

Giggs1980
Oooh........can a man wear that?
I'm torn.
At the first spray on I thought, the smells soooooo guut.
But a bit too good for a men's fragrance. It is indeed "for ladies and gentlemen" in the description. But somehow I do not take that off.
Too feminine , too floral is the overall composition.
As always, I can not smell out the individual components. But I notice nothing of the pepper.
This should yet make the spicy, masculine undertone.
Sillage and durability are really really good.
With each sniff I love him more, and at the same time distance myself more from him. Too feminine and attractive he is for me.
I think this will be a nice gift for my wife.
So I may at least smell him without wearing him
Valerie7
My biggest fragrance love!
If I had to decide to keep only one fragrance for the rest of my life, it would be Rouge Malachite! MY FAVORITE perfume, the greatest love of my (fragrance) life and the most beautiful scent I've had the pleasure of knowing! This perfume is one of my most complimented perfumes and I can totally understand why. Rouge Malachite is an amazingly beautiful, spicy tuberose scent with a sexy and mysterious amber note in the base that gives it an intoxicating and irresistible magic. The longer you wear the fragrance, the more beautiful it becomes, especially when the beautiful tuberose is joined by jasmine and ylang ylang and the amber in the base gives the fragrance that "oriental something"! The longevity is 12 hours and the sillage of the fragrance is perfectly balanced! not overpowering, but it radiates enough to stand out. Rouge Malachite is a fragrance dream come true for me! I can't put into words what this fragrance means to me. Rouge Malachite feels like it was created for me and is the scent I've worn for every special occasion, like my birthdays or special dates. It's also one of my signature scents (if I had to limit myself, which I can't) and definitely my most worn fragrance.
Rouge Malachite just fits me and my personality and makes me feel like a queen!

My dearest Rouge Malachite, you will forever remain the most beautiful fragrance to me and no fragrance in this world will take your place....
Red carpet
The red carpet for the lady who knows exactly where to go in life! A woman who is self-confident, strong, extravagant and loves luxury! she is not afraid to show and open their mouths! she has built with their own forces a life of luxury and enjoys it to the fullest! The fragrance smells very tuberose..floral,spicy and feminine.H+S is great,bottle is an eye catcher!The only thing missing is the matching lipstick,then you can rule the world!
Paris91
Honey, you smell like toothpaste...
Joa that I could listen to the day before yesterday from my friend. Who of us does not want to hear that you smell like toothpaste and chewing gum? Yes, yes who is responsible for that again? Well, our dear Tuberose of course ;)

I must say, however, that I was almost a little proud of him that he has smelled out haha, because he otherwise has no idea how a perfume smells exactly. I can only ever listen to me that I smell good or just not ...

When I bought Rouge Malachite a few months ago, I was also one of those who smelled something alien out. Although only a little bit but it was there... In defense, I have to say that Alien consists almost only of jasmine sambac and cashmere wood. But now after a few months I don't smell it so strongly anymore. Now RM has something of its own for me. Funny or?

I wear him since spring at least once a week and when I spray him makes me happy and no longer thoughtful as before, where I have all the time only head made whether I smell there now alien or not. I have to say that I used to own Alien and really loved it. At some point, he then just wore all and especially overdosed, so that he went to me at some point on the biscuit and I never wanted to smell him again..

So enough about Alien, now I'll move on to Rouge Malachite! I have to honestly admit that I don't really smell any of the given notes -except for tuberose and jasmine-. I would have found the sage at the beginning really interesting, but good. I just like RM in its entirety. It even smells slightly creamy to me. I really like that in combination with the sweetness of the whiteflower. It gets a little sweeter towards the end than it did at the beginning, but otherwise it doesn't go through much of a change on my skin.

Conclusion:
If you're a fan of Alien and have no problem with white bloomers in general, you should definitely give Rouge Malachite a try. And who is not a fan of Alien, too! ;)
Laralina
How can it actually be that I am the only one who smells so scandalous from Jean Paul Gaultier?
Many compare RM to a more upscale Alien. Vor ab I must say that I do not like a single Muglerduft.
With RM, however, I was still curious, because he is similar and much better to be and, because he is so highly praised despite its similarity to Alien and if you constantly come across it on YouTube.
So, first a sample ersoukt and immediately tried.
After the first spray I smell clearly the tuberose. For me, this smells almost exactly like so scandal of Jean Paul, only without the raspberry. So floral, instead of fruity. It was a positive surprise for me, yet disappointed me that the two fragrances are really so similar.
RM has but Wumms. A spray is enough so that my whole apartment smelled like it and he also lasts forever, so does scandal but also. I'm not sure yet whether he is worth the money to me, if I can get almost the same, only slightly more synthetic, for a fraction of the price.
mysterious elegance
Attention to Rouge Malachite I have become, because I have heard over and over again from him and when I saw the reviews here was clear to me that I must test him.

Sample ordered, sprayed, well is okay, was my first thought and for many weeks no longer considered. Until one day I decided to spontaneously reapply it. I had an appointment and needed a fragrance with which I would slay no one at this early hour.
Especially as it gets warmer, I don't really feel like smelling like marshmallows or caramelized strawberries. (I confess, I really like that sort of thing, but only when it gets colder haha)

So off to the car and although I was dressed anything but Elegant, I somehow felt Elegant and incredibly comfortable!
Thanks Rouge Malachite, he was present but he did not bother.
After my appointment, I happened to run into my mother before and we walked together quite a bit past a meadow of flowers. Engrossed in the conversation we were holding, she suddenly said that it smelled totally good and that she liked spring so much precisely because the blossoms smelled so beautiful.
Without thinking much about her statement, I took a deep breath and said to her as well that the blossoms would smell really nice. When we had already walked past the meadow, I asked her if she still noticed the scent.
Yes, she did and I also it turned out that I or rather Rouge Malachite was the good smelling culprit ;).

About the fragrance:
Rouge Malachite starts with a very present pepper note. I am not a pepper fan and this note has already destroyed some fragrances for me. Fortunately, however, this is also only strongly perceptible at the beginning.
On the skin unfolds after the top note then the star in the fragrance: the tuberose, with this note I also still strongly perceive jasmine and sage. Rouge Malachite becomes, after the pepper note has evaporated creamy and carries a light coconut note with it, reminds me also something of sunscreen.
He is not too sweet and that is also times a good change for me.
When I wear it I feel definitely elegant, sexy, and feminine but at the same time it also gives me the feeling of lightheartedness. It is for me the perfect fragrance for spring or summer evenings. Especially on dates I imagine him incredibly beautiful, he also has something mysterious about him.

H/S are super, about it one is pleased yes always if the fragrance pleases.
He must definitely in my small collection and the bottle is btw also beautiful.

Rouge Alien
This is an extended statement rather than a review for the fragrance but i have to settle some things straight about this one, comparing to Alien by Mugler.

I think people fall in the same trap as comparing Baccarat Rouge 540 and Spirito Fiorentino or Liwa and Oud for greatness. These are fragrances that has same DNA, or same dominant notes but also have some additional notes that make them different. People who are not so much into fragrances will smell the same fragrance but people who are more experienced can tell the difference.

This is what happens with Rouge Malachite and Alien. Are they similar? Yes. Are they different? Yes.
The general vibe is the same. If you like Alien you will love Rouge Malachite. On my skin, RM is more flowery and "fresh", whereas Alien has more depth, more creaminess. RM can be worn during the day but Alien not because its more dark and mysterious.

I am a huge fan of Alien but I got a bit bored of it now. Next time i will miss its scent, I ll go for Rouge Malachite.

Thank you for your time.

Stay safe and smell good.
Love at second sniff
I got this fragrance as a sample from my friend, as I am a huge fan of Mugler's Alien. However, I absolutely did not find it to have anything in common with Alien. Then today, I pulled it back out of my bag to give it another try; and was surprised! I'm still of the opinion that he has nothing in common with Alien. But I was so happy all day when the scent crept back into my nose. It smells powdery, sweet and high quality. My new favorite fragrance! Definitely smells like a woman you turn back to when she walks by you
Xoxotushka
Fabulous, mysterious and with magical attraction....
...is the bearer of this fragrance on me, she could be the Lady of the Ural Mountains, from the book of folk tales and legends compiled and published by Pavel Bazhov. She is spirit of the mountains, guardian of precious minerals, including malachite. She assumes various guises. Sometimes she appears as a beautiful woman with green eyes and a black braid wrapped with copper ribbons. She wears a malachite stone dress that looks like silk on the outside and is studded with diamonds and copper. The mistress's appearance symbolizes the beauty of her possessions - mines of gems and metals.

A noble fragrance! This is femininity in all its depth and boundlessness. I can clearly smell orange blossom, some smokiness (I think benzoin gives that) and jasmine somewhere in the shadows. I've read that Rouge Malachite embodies Russian culture, so contradictory and versatile.

This fragrance is at the top of my wish list. I just have to have it!

Alien from the Nobel Galaxy
Yes, I can't deny it, Rouge Malachite definitely has similar DNA to Alien, however they have at least as many differences.

Head:
Initial I perceive the very noble and hardly pungent pepper, which does not occur at all in the comparison perfume in the pyramid. Personally, I like this pepper spice very much, it makes the fragrance "tastier", if you can say so.

Heart:
From here then starts to get more floral. Jasmine sambac and tuberose set the tone unchallengeable, but still leave room for the other components. My nose is probably not yet trained well enough, because the orange blossom I actually do not smell at all.

Base:
The foundation of benzoin and cashmere wood comes through from the beginning already, whereby the fragrance actually becomes more and more creamy with time.

All in all, it's a very gripping, tending to be feminine, intensely alluring scent. While there is development, it is a little too slight for me personally. Rouge Malachite is a more price-intensive, but also more finely worked out fragrance. I like it better than Alien, but the price is too high for me and on top of that I just can't smell Mugler's Alien anymore. Then would be the probably also only a dust collector more in my shelf and that would then probably also a shame.

My conclusion: beautiful but nothing for me

TOPTOP 1 year ago
Pleasant perfume for universal wear, beautiful bottle
Ka3nKa3n 1 year ago
Nice but not must've for me. It has something screechy that I don't appreciate aside the fact it overlaps with TM Alien and BDK Wood Jasmin
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
At first I thought it was too feminine, but after two years I came to like it. Alluring jasmine like Zhujiajiao town in Shanghai.

by Entenradio
by Xoxotushka
by Fragaddicted
by Fragaddicted

Popular by Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Intensely by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Absolutely by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Absolu Gold by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bleu Turquoise by Giorgio Armani Sì (Fiori Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani