Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite 2016

Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani
Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Pascal Gaurin

Top Notes Top NotesSage, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesTuberose, Orange blossom, Ylang-ylang, Jasmine sambac absolute
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere wood, Benzoin, Amber Xtreme™

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 22.10.2020.

Oh Rouge Malachite
Got a bottling of a lovely perfume. Thanks again.

I was really looking forward to the scent because of two videos from YouTube. The first 1-2 hours I find it great, but unfortunately not in the drydown anymore. If someone knows a scent that smells like RM in the drydown, please let me know
Maybe I have not smelled Alien for a long time, but I smell similarity only very distant.

The top note is wonderful with sage and directly the tuberose, which lasts the mentioned 1-2 hours. I love this "state". Unfortunately the fragrance on me then becomes a bit pungent. I do not know if it is the cashmere wood. I am not so familiar with it. But I actually like benzoin and amber.

Unfortunately, not a candidate for a romantic date for me... too bad.
Shock-in-love
I became aware of the fragrance through the Youtuberin Demi Rawling.
She has titled the fragrance as her "Forever Fragrance" and even dedicated a video to it.

By chance I came across the fragrance in the souk and ordered a bottling from a dear perfuma despite the proud price. When the fragrance mail finally arrived I had to spray the perfume immediately on my skin because I wanted to know how it smells since my expectations were so high
My first thoughts were:
Sunscreen, Alien... SHOCK LOVED!

I was so blown away that I immediately wrote to the perfume company in question to buy the entire bottle from them, as they also offered it in the souk. (Many thanks again to you!)
I must say that this is my first fragrance in this price range and I have not yet found a perfume that I was willing to spend so much money on.

I would like to emphasize that "Rouge Malachite" does not smell the same as "Alien" or is a dupe to it. The scent is definitely worth a test, even if you are not a fan of Alien.

In my opinion, Rouge Malachite has definitely signature fragrance potential and can be worn almost on any occasion throughout the year.

When I wear "Rouge Malachite" I feel confident, elegant, beautiful and somehow special. And that's exactly what I find so fascinating about fragrances, that just spraying perfume on them has an effect on his own psyche and mood.
Mosaique Rouge
Strawberries with pepper and a spoonful of the classic blue fabric softener.
This masterpiece opens up to me in such a crazy way! And as crazy and abnormal as it sounds and snakes its way into my nose, it also seizes my senses and the sprayed spot on my arm. This composition literally inserts itself into my skin with this crazy prelude, like inlays in a piece of wooden furniture. And just as the sorcery started, so it stays with me. The only difference is that sage contributes a little bit of bitterness and thus catches the sweetness in time before it is too sweet. Nothing changes anymore, no course, no ups and downs, no yes times no. It'll just get a little quieter over time. And if you think he disappeared many hours later, you suddenly get a whiff of him, carried by a compliment. On fabric the softening note is clearly stronger and longer perceptible for my nose. The whole fragrance seems to have more fullness on the fibers at all. The skin in comparison has swallowed him up and lets him swing over warmly.
Rouge Malachite is a scent that I have not yet "gotten to nose". This has been missing in my collection up to now and fits like another mosaic stone into the portrait of those already present. It's funny that when I look at my objects, I can't tell what I've been missing until now, to the delight of my scent. But if I make discoveries like this, I know it's him. Sometimes I imagine that my different scents all represent a mosaic stone in a certain colour or with an independent picture on the front. Correctly put together, they form a picture again. One that you see in advertising or as art. From a distance you can make out a face or an object and from a close look you can only see the thousand miniature pictures that create the big one.
What does this big picture look like to me personally? A lot of red is clear, the choice of colours here couldn't be more appropriate. Some black pixels symbolize the pepper dust, a little strong sky blue as swab stands for the classic fabric softener. The colors rotate for a while in a circle. Heart and mind do the same to them, because the fragrance has a good radiance and must be well dosed. I perceive it densely interwoven and opulently and if I could feel it, it would be a high-quality, heavy and deep red velvet fabric in my hands. I also think that this is another one of those candidates who is overwhelmed by too much himself. Then he'd just be a single red-gruddy sweet lump that would only make you sick. But if you let him breathe, he'll show off his aromas. To me the crazy variant, to others perhaps elegance and again others a sea of flowers and sensuality. In the meantime, the colours in my mind's eye have changed from turning into a recognizable pattern. It becomes increasingly clear what the portrait brings to light until it finally comes to a complete standstill. It shows me a huge, deep red fantasy flower with spreading, multi-layered petals and black pistils in the middle. The wonder flower is framed by the azure of heaven. Everyone who will perceive the fragrance has his or her own idea of the colours that are inherent in it. A picture of their own, which is formed from them into a big whole. No matter how these colours or the picture develops with them, one thing is certain. Rouge Malachite is special. No mainstreamer, no imitator, but one way or another outstanding, whether you like it or not.
And for me personally he has opened a door to a new world of fragrance and with him I have been able to add another piece of mosaic to my little fragrance universe. I am curious to see what my picture will reveal to me once it has been started in tens of years of collecting. Maybe the arrangement of the little stones makes an image of me, who knows? I still have time. Time to lay down pebbles, replace pebbles or hand over pebbles. Until everything is coherent For the present moment, however, it is clear that there is a "Mosaique Rouge" in front of me....

Russian Rouge
Obviously the first thing one notices about the two malachites is the beautiful bottle. Don't be fooled: the cap is plastic so everything looks good but once you pick up the bottle, truth is revealed. The SA tried to convince me this is made of real malachite. Fat chance! The bottles are shiny and beautiful and will look great as a display item. I wish there was a little more contrast but nonetheless, the Russian malachite theme is fairly attractive.

Now that we got the bottle part out of the way, on to the fragrance: the opening is astounding. I did not expect to like this at all but the tuberose is spicy and full-bodied. There are woody facets that highlight the flowers beautifully and the whole thing is well-blended and smells expensive. I would have bought one but I am glad I did not because the lasting power and sillage are minimal on me, which is surprising. Usually the Armani Prives last a very long time, even on my skin, which is known for obliterating the strongest of perfumes.

All in all a great gift perfume for men and women. Nice theme, very well crafted fragrance. I would even recommend a blind buy of this despite the sillage problem because I think that's just me. The best part of this whole composition is the grand opening.

KimJongKimJong 11 months ago
At first I thought it was too feminine, but after two years I came to like it. Alluring jasmine like Zhujiajiao town in Shanghai.

by Entenradio
by Akira85
by Sharleeze
by Sharleeze

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Iris Céladon by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Fumé by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani