Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite 2016

Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani
Top 86 in Unisex Perfume
Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Pascal Gaurin

Top Notes Top NotesSageSage
Pink pepperPink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesTuberoseTuberose
Orange blossomOrange blossom
Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Jasmine sambac absoluteJasmine sambac absolute
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere woodCashmere wood
BenzoinBenzoin
Amber Xtreme™Amber Xtreme™

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 17.10.2021.

Red carpet
The red carpet for the lady who knows exactly where to go in life! A woman who is self-confident, strong, extravagant and loves luxury! she is not afraid to show and open their mouths! she has built with their own forces a life of luxury and enjoys it to the fullest! The fragrance smells very tuberose..floral,spicy and feminine.H+S is great,bottle is an eye catcher!The only thing missing is the matching lipstick,then you can rule the world!
Paris91
Honey, you smell like toothpaste...
Joa that I could listen to the day before yesterday from my friend. Who of us does not want to hear that you smell like toothpaste and chewing gum? Yes, yes who is responsible for that again? Well, our dear Tuberose of course ;)

I must say, however, that I was almost a little proud of him that he has smelled out haha, because he otherwise has no idea how a perfume smells exactly. I can only ever listen to me that I smell good or just not ...

When I bought Rouge Malachite a few months ago, I was also one of those who smelled something alien out. Although only a little bit but it was there... In defense, I have to say that Alien consists almost only of jasmine sambac and cashmere wood. But now after a few months I don't smell it so strongly anymore. Now RM has something of its own for me. Funny or?

I wear him since spring at least once a week and when I spray him makes me happy and no longer thoughtful as before, where I have all the time only head made whether I smell there now alien or not. I have to say that I used to own Alien and really loved it. At some point, he then just wore all and especially overdosed, so that he went to me at some point on the biscuit and I never wanted to smell him again..

So enough about Alien, now I'll move on to Rouge Malachite! I have to honestly admit that I don't really smell any of the given notes -except for tuberose and jasmine-. I would have found the sage at the beginning really interesting, but good. I just like RM in its entirety. It even smells slightly creamy to me. I really like that in combination with the sweetness of the whiteflower. It gets a little sweeter towards the end than it did at the beginning, but otherwise it doesn't go through much of a change on my skin.

Conclusion:
If you're a fan of Alien and have no problem with white bloomers in general, you should definitely give Rouge Malachite a try. And who is not a fan of Alien, too! ;)
Laralina
How can it actually be that I am the only one who smells so scandalous from Jean Paul Gaultier?
Many compare RM to a more upscale Alien. Vor ab I must say that I do not like a single Muglerduft.
With RM, however, I was still curious, because he is similar and much better to be and, because he is so highly praised despite its similarity to Alien and if you constantly come across it on YouTube.
So, first a sample ersoukt and immediately tried.
After the first spray I smell clearly the tuberose. For me, this smells almost exactly like so scandal of Jean Paul, only without the raspberry. So floral, instead of fruity. It was a positive surprise for me, yet disappointed me that the two fragrances are really so similar.
RM has but Wumms. A spray is enough so that my whole apartment smelled like it and he also lasts forever, so does scandal but also. I'm not sure yet whether he is worth the money to me, if I can get almost the same, only slightly more synthetic, for a fraction of the price.
mysterious elegance
Attention to Rouge Malachite I have become, because I have heard over and over again from him and when I saw the reviews here was clear to me that I must test him.

Sample ordered, sprayed, well is okay, was my first thought and for many weeks no longer considered. Until one day I decided to spontaneously reapply it. I had an appointment and needed a fragrance with which I would slay no one at this early hour.
Especially as it gets warmer, I don't really feel like smelling like marshmallows or caramelized strawberries. (I confess, I really like that sort of thing, but only when it gets colder haha)

So off to the car and although I was dressed anything but Elegant, I somehow felt Elegant and incredibly comfortable!
Thanks Rouge Malachite, he was present but he did not bother.
After my appointment, I happened to run into my mother before and we walked together quite a bit past a meadow of flowers. Engrossed in the conversation we were holding, she suddenly said that it smelled totally good and that she liked spring so much precisely because the blossoms smelled so beautiful.
Without thinking much about her statement, I took a deep breath and said to her as well that the blossoms would smell really nice. When we had already walked past the meadow, I asked her if she still noticed the scent.
Yes, she did and I also it turned out that I or rather Rouge Malachite was the good smelling culprit ;).

About the fragrance:
Rouge Malachite starts with a very present pepper note. I am not a pepper fan and this note has already destroyed some fragrances for me. Fortunately, however, this is also only strongly perceptible at the beginning.
On the skin unfolds after the top note then the star in the fragrance: the tuberose, with this note I also still strongly perceive jasmine and sage. Rouge Malachite becomes, after the pepper note has evaporated creamy and carries a light coconut note with it, reminds me also something of sunscreen.
He is not too sweet and that is also times a good change for me.
When I wear it I feel definitely elegant, sexy, and feminine but at the same time it also gives me the feeling of lightheartedness. It is for me the perfect fragrance for spring or summer evenings. Especially on dates I imagine him incredibly beautiful, he also has something mysterious about him.

H/S are super, about it one is pleased yes always if the fragrance pleases.
He must definitely in my small collection and the bottle is btw also beautiful.

Rouge Alien
This is an extended statement rather than a review for the fragrance but i have to settle some things straight about this one, comparing to Alien by Mugler.

I think people fall in the same trap as comparing Baccarat Rouge 540 and Spirito Fiorentino or Liwa and Oud for greatness. These are fragrances that has same DNA, or same dominant notes but also have some additional notes that make them different. People who are not so much into fragrances will smell the same fragrance but people who are more experienced can tell the difference.

This is what happens with Rouge Malachite and Alien. Are they similar? Yes. Are they different? Yes.
The general vibe is the same. If you like Alien you will love Rouge Malachite. On my skin, RM is more flowery and "fresh", whereas Alien has more depth, more creaminess. RM can be worn during the day but Alien not because its more dark and mysterious.

I am a huge fan of Alien but I got a bit bored of it now. Next time i will miss its scent, I ll go for Rouge Malachite.

Thank you for your time.

Stay safe and smell good.
Love at second sniff
I got this fragrance as a sample from my friend, as I am a huge fan of Mugler's Alien. However, I absolutely did not find it to have anything in common with Alien. Then today, I pulled it back out of my bag to give it another try; and was surprised! I'm still of the opinion that he has nothing in common with Alien. But I was so happy all day when the scent crept back into my nose. It smells powdery, sweet and high quality. My new favorite fragrance! Definitely smells like a woman you turn back to when she walks by you
Xoxotushka
Fabulous, mysterious and with magical attraction....
...is the bearer of this fragrance on me, she could be the Lady of the Ural Mountains, from the book of folk tales and legends compiled and published by Pavel Bazhov. She is spirit of the mountains, guardian of precious minerals, including malachite. She assumes various guises. Sometimes she appears as a beautiful woman with green eyes and a black braid wrapped with copper ribbons. She wears a malachite stone dress that looks like silk on the outside and is studded with diamonds and copper. The mistress's appearance symbolizes the beauty of her possessions - mines of gems and metals.

A noble fragrance! This is femininity in all its depth and boundlessness. I can clearly smell orange blossom, some smokiness (I think benzoin gives that) and jasmine somewhere in the shadows. I've read that Rouge Malachite embodies Russian culture, so contradictory and versatile.

This fragrance is at the top of my wish list. I just have to have it!

Alien from the Nobel Galaxy
Yes, I can't deny it, Rouge Malachite definitely has similar DNA to Alien, however they have at least as many differences.

Head:
Initial I perceive the very noble and hardly pungent pepper, which does not occur at all in the comparison perfume in the pyramid. Personally, I like this pepper spice very much, it makes the fragrance "tastier", if you can say so.

Heart:
From here then starts to get more floral. Jasmine sambac and tuberose set the tone unchallengeable, but still leave room for the other components. My nose is probably not yet trained well enough, because the orange blossom I actually do not smell at all.

Base:
The foundation of benzoin and cashmere wood comes through from the beginning already, whereby the fragrance actually becomes more and more creamy with time.

All in all, it's a very gripping, tending to be feminine, intensely alluring scent. While there is development, it is a little too slight for me personally. Rouge Malachite is a more price-intensive, but also more finely worked out fragrance. I like it better than Alien, but the price is too high for me and on top of that I just can't smell Mugler's Alien anymore. Then would be the probably also only a dust collector more in my shelf and that would then probably also a shame.

My conclusion: beautiful but nothing for me
Shock-in-love
I became aware of the fragrance through the Youtuberin Demi Rawling.
She has titled the fragrance as her "Forever Fragrance" and even dedicated a video to it.

By chance I came across the fragrance in the souk and ordered a bottling from a dear perfuma despite the proud price. When the fragrance mail finally arrived I had to spray the perfume immediately on my skin because I wanted to know how it smells since my expectations were so high
My first thoughts were:
Sunscreen, Alien... SHOCK LOVED!

I was so blown away that I immediately wrote to the perfume company in question to buy the entire bottle from them, as they also offered it in the souk. (Many thanks again to you!)
I must say that this is my first fragrance in this price range and I have not yet found a perfume that I was willing to spend so much money on.

I would like to emphasize that "Rouge Malachite" does not smell the same as "Alien" or is a dupe to it. The scent is definitely worth a test, even if you are not a fan of Alien.

In my opinion, Rouge Malachite has definitely signature fragrance potential and can be worn almost on any occasion throughout the year.

When I wear "Rouge Malachite" I feel confident, elegant, beautiful and somehow special. And that's exactly what I find so fascinating about fragrances, that just spraying perfume on them has an effect on his own psyche and mood.
Mosaique Rouge
Strawberries with pepper and a spoonful of the classic blue fabric softener.
This masterpiece opens up to me in such a crazy way! And as crazy and abnormal as it sounds and snakes its way into my nose, it also seizes my senses and the sprayed spot on my arm. This composition literally inserts itself into my skin with this crazy prelude, like inlays in a piece of wooden furniture. And just as the sorcery started, so it stays with me. The only difference is that sage contributes a little bit of bitterness and thus catches the sweetness in time before it is too sweet. Nothing changes anymore, no course, no ups and downs, no yes times no. It'll just get a little quieter over time. And if you think he disappeared many hours later, you suddenly get a whiff of him, carried by a compliment. On fabric the softening note is clearly stronger and longer perceptible for my nose. The whole fragrance seems to have more fullness on the fibers at all. The skin in comparison has swallowed him up and lets him swing over warmly.
Rouge Malachite is a scent that I have not yet "gotten to nose". This has been missing in my collection up to now and fits like another mosaic stone into the portrait of those already present. It's funny that when I look at my objects, I can't tell what I've been missing until now, to the delight of my scent. But if I make discoveries like this, I know it's him. Sometimes I imagine that my different scents all represent a mosaic stone in a certain colour or with an independent picture on the front. Correctly put together, they form a picture again. One that you see in advertising or as art. From a distance you can make out a face or an object and from a close look you can only see the thousand miniature pictures that create the big one.
What does this big picture look like to me personally? A lot of red is clear, the choice of colours here couldn't be more appropriate. Some black pixels symbolize the pepper dust, a little strong sky blue as swab stands for the classic fabric softener. The colors rotate for a while in a circle. Heart and mind do the same to them, because the fragrance has a good radiance and must be well dosed. I perceive it densely interwoven and opulently and if I could feel it, it would be a high-quality, heavy and deep red velvet fabric in my hands. I also think that this is another one of those candidates who is overwhelmed by too much himself. Then he'd just be a single red-gruddy sweet lump that would only make you sick. But if you let him breathe, he'll show off his aromas. To me the crazy variant, to others perhaps elegance and again others a sea of flowers and sensuality. In the meantime, the colours in my mind's eye have changed from turning into a recognizable pattern. It becomes increasingly clear what the portrait brings to light until it finally comes to a complete standstill. It shows me a huge, deep red fantasy flower with spreading, multi-layered petals and black pistils in the middle. The wonder flower is framed by the azure of heaven. Everyone who will perceive the fragrance has his or her own idea of the colours that are inherent in it. A picture of their own, which is formed from them into a big whole. No matter how these colours or the picture develops with them, one thing is certain. Rouge Malachite is special. No mainstreamer, no imitator, but one way or another outstanding, whether you like it or not.
And for me personally he has opened a door to a new world of fragrance and with him I have been able to add another piece of mosaic to my little fragrance universe. I am curious to see what my picture will reveal to me once it has been started in tens of years of collecting. Maybe the arrangement of the little stones makes an image of me, who knows? I still have time. Time to lay down pebbles, replace pebbles or hand over pebbles. Until everything is coherent For the present moment, however, it is clear that there is a "Mosaique Rouge" in front of me....

TOPTOP 5 months ago
Pleasant perfume for universal wear, beautiful bottle
Ka3nKa3n 7 months ago
Nice but not must've for me. It has something screechy that I don't appreciate aside the fact it overlaps with TM Alien and BDK Wood Jasmin
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
At first I thought it was too feminine, but after two years I came to like it. Alluring jasmine like Zhujiajiao town in Shanghai.

by Entenradio
by Xoxotushka
by Nadiiine
by Nadiiine

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Iris Céladon by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Absolu Gold by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Intensely by Giorgio Armani