Armani Privé - Vert Malachite 2016

Armani Privé - Vert Malachite by Giorgio Armani
Armani Privé - Vert Malachite is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesOrangeOrange PetitgrainPetitgrain
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine sambac absoluteJasmine sambac absolute Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesWhite lilyWhite lily VanillaVanilla BenzoinBenzoin

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 18.06.2022.

Harry Potter and the Russian version of a Philosopher‘s Stone
One day, in order to prevent Lord Voldemort from becoming immortal, Albus Dumbledore and his honorable friend, non other than alchemist Nicholas Flamel, decided to destroy the Philosopher's Stone once and for all.
Hah! That’s what YOU thought.
We all know that Albus Dumbledore never fully told anyone about his plans. Albus Dumbledore with an ace up his sleeve, one who doesn’t care whether one’s dead or alive. Still, he wants to tell us he wants nothing more than a pair of knitted socks while he keeps dirty secrets (which aren’t socks by the way).
This is one of them.
The Philosopher's Stone, which confers immortality, was disguised by Albus Dumbledore. Disguised so that Voldemort would never find it.
Disguised as a green malachite, so that after a week I can smell this scent on my scarf. I wore this scarf every day - on trips that went much farther than nearby Hogsmeade - and gave it a single spray of this green stone, right now admittedly to the chagrin of my nose.
Where’s the problem in that: I don't wear the stone every day, and have now been walking around the world with two different scents on me for a few days.
Wingardium Leviosa didn’t work, the scent wouldn’t go away.
I wonder if I should go to Professor Flitwick and ask him for an effective spell. Or could herbalism help? Madame Sprout doesn't like me too much, and the feeling is mutual. The pungent smell of flowers is just not my favorite one.
But this stone...
This stone is light and dark at the same time, mysterious yet seductive.
I’m standing in front of the cauldron... and I throw a lot of lily into it. Lily like Lily Potter.
A flash of inspiration! Maybe Dumbledore developed this stone to hypnotize Snape, or to make him compliant if he needs to be. This could work. Before the mixture of lilies becomes a stone, add a pinch of other green stuff and some orange for color. Fizzles out into vapor.
What remains is... with a hint of vanilla dancing in the background…
The green stone.
The stone of infinity.
Bliiiiin*, I would not have expected that and haven't found an antidote yet.
Perhaps I'll visit the Thinkarium again soon and see if Dumbledore has provided me with an antidote thiiiis way.

The scent is supposed to be a tribute to Russia. Well... my experience is: Russia doesn’t smell like that. It didn’t smell like that all the times I was there - although there’s still hope that one day… people will wave with flowers instead of… you know.
Russian women would or will love this fragrance for sure. Opulent, floral, elegant and of an INFINITE, ever lasting charisma.
I'm not really a floral type who loves to smell like soup made of 1000 or a million flowers. But this one got me enchanted.
Longevity: 13 out of 9 3/4 - at least on clothes.
Sillage: 11,11 out of 10
Flacon //okay, I don't like the top, but I love angularity and simplicity//: 9 3/4 out of 10.

Enemies of the heir, beware!
If you don't like flowers, a radius of =< two meters from this stone is your personal chamber of secrets. No escape.
Is it Amortentia's work or am I still in control of myself? I don't like to judge it. So: keep your noses open, this one will not pass you by without a trace.
------------------

*Note: Blin - Russian for "pancake", can also be used as a swear word and is then a friendlier version of "damn".
Giggs1980
Is he too feminine for me or am I too masculine for him?
With the Armani Privé fragrances it is always a double-edged sword.
Either they are really unisex and for that so lala, or they are Sackgut but too feminine.
A really good unisex fragrance I have not yet found.
So gehts me also with the Vert Malachite.
He smells really good, but I lack the masculine note.
Everything is too powdery for me, too flowery, too little tart.

I always imagine a woman and a man standing in front of me.
Then I let the scent work on the image. The man I automatically blend out and see only the woman.
I can imagine with the best will in the world no man with this fragrance.
Maybe I'm too old-fashioned or too conservative.
The quality and the H/S is as usual very good.
Women should have tested him definitely times.
Men.........eher not
Beige Rouge
In the prelude I smell directly jasmine....what a bomb! Phew, that's intense. The top note I perceive unfortunately not at all. After about 10min I smell white flowers, the fragrance becomes "green", the jasmine takes back. For the next half hour, I smell "Beige" by Chanel with a little splash of "Rouge Malachite". The "Malachite" DNA flashes through ever so slightly. After about 45min, it becomes creamier, buttery, but remains "green". It doesn't get sweet for me. Unisex I find him also not; he is yet very feminine.

Smells to me overall like a creamier "beige". Beautiful fragrance, different than expected, but because of the similarity to "Beige" no purchase candidate.
Vogue2011
Green is the color of fertility... If the right one smells it, it can happen ;-)
Ugh, what a headline.... So disreputable, so ambiguous, so TRUE?

I have discovered Vert Malachite 2 years ago during a shopping spree in the perfumery of my confidence (the one with the very eager saleswomen ;-)

So, one thing in advance: Who thinks of GREEN (Vert) of light, lovely, pure, fresh, etc.: NOEEEEE! The fragrance is rather a deep dark, sensual RED, so one, which is already again wicked!
My headline should clarify what this fragrance can do on one or the other "smelling".... From "UFF! HEFTIG!" to "WHERE? Here or at whose house?" ;-) These are experiences!

Vert Malachite is one of my favorite fragrances because it's how I like perfumes: THERE! PRESENT! TRUE! For me, one of the best from Armani's Privée collection (next to Musc Shamal, which is quieter, or Ambre Eccentrico, which is delicious).

So if you want to experience all facets and are open to where the fragrance leads you...;-) The should consider it to acquire ... And: It is not a fragrance that everyone has, for the pragmatic among you ;-)
5.5
Different than expected
After thinking for a long time, whether I should order it blindly or rather first try with a filling, I have decided thank God for the latter, because this one smells in my opinion 1:1 like the Amarige of Lancome.... and that I find unfortunately very disappointing....
In itself, the fragrance is not bad, but there you definitely have to be a big fan of Weissblütlern, because here you get nothing else. What yes also with the fragrance composition is not to be expected otherwise. BUT in my opinion, it smells almost stale and is not for the faint of heart. Because sillage and durability are monstrous. I can imagine the super and almost only as a spring and summer fragrance. On the skin, he develops not strangely different, but only becomes creamier.
So who is looking for a nice, creamy white flower fragrance, which can also reach for the alternative of lancome. Since the extremely high price is worth it if, then only because of the beautiful flacon.
Surprisingly totally mine...
I'm not really into flowery scents. I own them. I wear them. I don't love them. More like: "We haven't had flowers for a long time - can't hurt." I bought the malchite green as a opened bottle quite cheap (yes, sometimes I buy used bottles just because they are cheap) and I didn't expect too much. Something elegant for special work occasions, maybe.
Well- apparently I have a thing for flowers. At least certain ones. The malachite green is pompously floral, like jasmine soaked in cream. Much rounder than Alien (which I also like to wear often) and definitely not for the faint hearted. It smells okay from the bottle, but on my skin it does something magical and indescribable - that's why I don't spray it on clothes.
It is certainly not for everyone, can be perceived as too strong and lasts for 12+ hours on skin and probably months on clothes. But- it's special, unlike flower water- more like flower paste- so thick it gets into your nose. It has character! Warmth! Charm! And recognition value!
The king of flowers
And again a rating with over 9 points from me. Why do I always give away so many points?
Probably because I always get carried away to a rating when I am totally flashed by a fragrance.

So also here, with the fragrance creation from the house of Schorsch.

I would therefore like to apologize to the previous speakers in advance, because what is attributed to the fragrance here as a malus, makes the fragrance for me the most luxurious experience I have ever had in my fragrance history.

I won't go into the individual notes either, enough has already been written for that.

First of all, for those of you who do not yet know the fragrance, I would like to list my personal associations with the fragrance:

Creamy - White - Soft - Warm - Pompous - Floral - Sweet - Ripe - Aristocratic - Noble - Clean - Strong - Decadent - Graceful - Sublime - Superior - Unique - Sophisticated.

This is probably what Ludwig II of Bavaria would smell like. A fairytale prince who devotes himself to the muse in his castle garden. A conqueror who, after the battle he has won, slips into his finest and most exquisite clothes to take the daughter of his defeated arch-rival as his wife in a solemn ceremony accompanied by white flower arrangements. The sheikh who goes to his magnificent bathing temple after the falcon hunt. But also the Mafiosi, who in his spare time takes care of the family as a loving husband and father in the protection of his own four walls. The white knight fighting for his fair maiden. The minstrel named Walther von der Vogelweide. Louis XIV - the Sun King of France.

In short: The soft core of the (primordial) man - filled in a bottle.

Now I would like to address the points of criticism that are often levelled against the fragrance.

#1 "The smell is heavy, pompous and oppressive"
Absolutely! The air wafts creamy white. Just heavenly! Like a fluffy eiderdown quilt. Not too sweet and very natural.

#2 "The fragrance is for women only"
No way. Worn by a woman, the fragrance embodies pure, yet serious and mature femininity. In the man he brings out the graceful, calm and sublime side. The protective family man
#3 "pure white blood"
That's right. Someone who hates white bloods probably gets the lethal dose here. Nevertheless, I advise each of these people to at least try this scent. That's the way white-bloods should smell!

Remains to mention the accessories:

Durability: After showering still intensively perceptible.

Sillage: Two sprayers and Bon Jovi starts singing "Bed of Roses"
Flacon: pure luxury.

Did I mention that I have a new favorite scent?
5.5
Crushing Gemstone
Hello and welcome to a new comment from me, which you all have to read, as you are committed to it! Or is it? But you should!! D He he, so today we are talking about the Vert Malachite fragrance from the Armani Privé Collection.

Wait a minute, Vert Malachite? So green malachite? Malachite is green anyway, you'll say now, if you looked up two long minutes in Wikipedia like me! Yes, malachite is actually always green, but there is also a so-called red malachite on the market, which is only called red malachite, but the mineral is not a real malachite, but in reality jasper. Which is nice to look at, too. So, now you're a little smarter! :))

By the way, Armani tried to imitate his impressions olfactorily with this scent during his trip to Russia. It should be a fragrance for both sexes who want to live independently and according to their own rules, at least if you read the marketing text of it. Well, I tend to pay less attention to such marketing texts, because otherwise I would only be rolling my eyes, because every fragrance is always described as if it were the very best fragrance in the world (of course, why should the manufacturer also write that its fragrance is only mediocre or even bad?...). But I'm sure you all know that when you read such lyrics from time to time. You try to bring even the worst scent to the man (or woman), but if that succeeds is another question, because after all a scent is often tested before it is bought (blind buyer disregarded), and I am glad to have tested the scent here as well, because it starts nice, but in the end (for me personally) became unbearable...

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins with very strong neroli, intense jasmine and also strong (and unfortunately directly at the beginning sultry fragrant) ylang-ylang. However, the intensity of the ylang-ylang, or rather its sultriness, decreases a bit right after that, and hopefully it stays that way, because such sultry scents are really overwhelming (for me at least). But it still remains very flowery, because lilies are added and the whole scent smells very flowery-sweet because of the jasmine. The Neroli on the other hand is getting weaker and weaker, so that it can hardly be smelled in the base anymore.
For a while one smells mainly beautiful, sweet jasmine. But then, especially in the base, the fragrance becomes heavier and more humid. Neroli disappears completely and the jasmine also fades into the background, because now the really heavy, sultry and stuffy flower scents, especially the ylang-ylang, really hit the spot. So these become quite intense, dominate for the rest of the fragrance and smell, ... well, you know my opinion, not so great anymore, because the fragrance then very VERY overwhelming smells. If I have to be honest, I didn't hold out the base very long and even had to wash my arm again, because the oppressively sultry smell had only annoyed me...

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is strong, since one is wrapped by the intensive smell notes in a larger smell cloud, whereby one is to be smelled naturally very well. The scent lasts very long, that's what I think, because I washed the scent away from my arm later. This was so after six hours, after which the fragrance had still radiated quite intensely. I would therefore assume a shelf life of ten to twelve hours, if not more.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular, with the upper part slightly arching upwards. The entire bottle, including the label and the lid, which has a stony shape, has been kept in malachite green, with which one can also see the beautiful color transitions or gradients of the gemstone. All in all, a beautiful bottle rich in contrast.

Soo, Vert malachite would actually have been a nice scent. Although somewhat unspectacular, at least for a Privé fragrance, this is, as always, a matter of taste. But Vert Malachite became too stuffy in the end despite a nice beginning, a direction with scents that I really don't like at all. Of course all this is a matter of taste, but I simply don't like this stuffy scent. Oh and through all these flowers Vert Malachite is more a feminine fragrance than unisex.

It is best used in Siberia, where it is really cold and you could compensate the stuffy notes a bit... he he no :DD
However, the fragrance is actually only recommended on cold days in autumn and winter, as it should have a totally overwhelming effect on warmer days. But something tells me you ladies would probably use the scent on hot days. Because as the saying goes: "Women are crazy, perfumes on the other hand are brain-burning insane", or something like that :DD

Yes, despite the beautiful sweet jasmine at the beginning of the fragrance, this time I don't think that you crazy, uh... I mean that you ladies really smell to bite with,... no, on the contrary, I would rather go for the distance with such a fragrance on a woman!!! If you still like such scents and would like to use them, spray them rather discreetly so that they don't get on other people's nerves (I assume that this scent doesn't just seem stuffy to me).

There! That's it again. Sorry for calling you ladies crazy again, but I can't promise that I'll never do that again... :D
All have a nice evening, until then :)

ScentwitchScentwitch 2 years ago
Pure jasmin sambac!
TamavanjavaTamavanjava 2 years ago
Jasmine, and more jasmine but nothing more. I expected more uniqueness from a house like Armani. This one, unfortunately, is a pass.

by Entenradio
by Entenradio
Meine Lilie ohne Strauß :)
by Bratucha
by 4ajbukoshka
by 4ajbukoshka
by Sharleeze
by Sharleeze
by IrinaBerlin
by IrinaBerlin

Popular by Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Intensely by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Absolutely by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Absolu Gold by Giorgio Armani Sì (Fiori Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bleu Turquoise by Giorgio Armani