Armani Privé - Vétiver d'Hiver Vétiver Babylone 2008

Armani Privé - Vétiver d'Hiver / Vétiver Babylone by Giorgio Armani
Armani Privé - Vétiver d'Hiver is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin orange, Citron
Heart Notes Heart NotesGreen cardamom, Coriander, Pink pepper
Base Notes Base NotesAniseed, Patchouli, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.10.2020.

In 2015 the scent was renamed Vétiver d'Hiver.

Wonderful!
This fragrance is just great!
The vetiver, as mentioned in previous comments, is very fresh and not musty or too earthy at all.
The top notes awaken the senses and I immediately get the desire to go out into the countryside.
Heart & base notes complement each other perfectly with this fresh, dry, clean vetiver.
For me one of the best summer/spring scents based on vetiver!
Green winter lantern
Slim, green, translucent like the light in winter, with a special touch that AugustA likes well, but I can't make it out more precisely. Something like green gas lantern maybe.
A slightly different vetiver, in which the emphasis is not on the sweet grass, but nevertheless lets cool and at the same time somewhat exotic green shine, albeit rather softly.
Surely a little more to the suit than to the dress.
Simple and likeable
I'm a little surprised he gets off so badly. I like it a lot, even though I have to agree with most of you about the price. The Privé fragrances of Armani are very expensive and certainly not all the money worth. Nevertheless, I find this one very successful. And as described by many, it is a perfect everyday fragrance. It doesn't catch on, it doesn't bother and has a pleasant, clean freshness, like a freshly washed shirt. I gave it to my husband as a present and I love to sniff it at him. For me, Vetiver d'Hiver is the male version of Farmacia Annunziata 450, which I consider one of my favourite fragrances. The drydown is very similar in both, with the vetiver remaining greener and fresher. But it also suits a woman, which is why I occasionally borrow it :)

What makes this fragrance special to me? Despite its superficial green notes, I find it very cuddly and cuddly. And even if it doesn't look spectacular, as you might expect from a fragrance in this price range, it still remains in your memory. I do not find Vetiver d'Hiver at all interchangeable. It has a high recognition value for me. But maybe I like simple knitted fragrances as well. Therefore they do not have to be worse.

Vetiver d'Hiver fits my business as well as my private life. He simply sniffs for a likeable gentleman, no wild daredevil or prolo. Maybe that's what I love about him.

I think Sillage and durability are really very good for a green fragrance. I can smell him on my husband all day long, into the evening hours.

Dull!
Vetiver Babylone opens with a fresh, tart woody-citrus accord, quite more tending towards dry and realistic notes of cedar than vetiver. The wood is here is sharp, aromatic, quite light also, and delivering that “pencil sharpener” feel of many cedar-based fragrances, while the vetiver here acts more like a salty and earthy subtle base. If it wasn’t for the name, I wouldn’t even guessed it contained vetiver at first. Not much else: zesty citrus notes and a vaguely Oriental mood with bright spices, something smelling like red pepper, a whiff of carnation. Basically a conventional citrus-woody cologne just more aromatic and floral than usual, with some similarities with Lutens’ Chene (taking away all its beauty and charme) ... Clean, lively and completely inoffensive. Projection is close and persistence is short. Too expensive for the quality, but nice enough if you manage to get it for free.

6,5/10

HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
More ripe citrus fruits than vetiver. A round, soft, quite pleasant everyday fragrance.

Schon ist der Sommer bald nur noch Erinnerung. Erinnerung weckt Sehnsucht.
by Gandix
by Pepper81
by Bertel
by Bertel

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Iris Céladon by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Fumé by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani