Attitude 2007Eau de Toilette

Attitude (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
Attitude (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Giorgio Armani for men and was released in 2007. The scent is woody-spicy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesCoffee bean, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCardamom, Lavender
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Opoponax, Patchouli, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 01.09.2020.

Coffee party with Zino
I'm rather skeptical about fragrances on which three perfumers have worked simultaneously, based on my experience with them so far. It's not for nothing that many cooks spoil the broth. This is not about porridge and the perfumers mentioned here are all quite experienced, but one wonders who contributed what and what compromises were finally made. At Parfumo there are several ways to filter for scents, but unfortunately not (yet) the function to find those created by several noses. Nevertheless, I think I know from memory that this does not necessarily lead to a top result.

Now Attitude by Armani is not a flop, but I'd still be interested to know what the task was called and how the cooperation with each other went. After all, the first thought that comes to mind when you take a sniff is a strong association with Zino von Davidoff and that should have been obvious - or it was intentional.

Attitude begins with a warm and spicy blend of lavender and cardamom, which is reminiscent of zino. However, the subtle shot of coffee makes the whole thing a little more unusual and refined. But even the manageable use of amber and extremely gentle patchouli cannot hide the fact that the spirit of Zino dominates, and you're more likely to find a flanker of it here than the Attitude is a fragrance in its own right, although it doesn't lack quality.
At drydown, when the coffee note has more or less disappeared, the proximity to Zino becomes even more obvious.

But if you first get to know Attitude and then later Zino, you will probably think the latter is a cheap imitation. It's too bad that this Armani fragrance was not a success despite its cool name and brand origin and the distinctive Zippo memory bottle. There must have been a lot of people who struggled with the olfactory end result. At least for the cooler days in the warm room or going out, it's actually ideal.

Restrained attitude
Armani attitude was a gift from my mother back in the fall of 2008 when I used to wear Chanel Egoiste platinum. I liked the cigarette -case like presentation and really liked the coffee in the top note that mixed well with cardamom and a little bit of patcohuli in the base. It always felt a bit restrained as I expected something bolder from a name like attitude, but I loved the casual attitude and was my go to in the evening. then I stopped reaching for it and the bottle had collected dust for a while. 13 years later as I joined Parfumo I reached for my Attitude again; I still have 85% of the juice left. I spray and volla! it smells exactly as I remember when I first got it, maybe slightly more restrained but the pleasant coffee that mingles with the cardamon is exactly as I remember - perhaps the black tinted glass may have helped with its passing of time. My Chanel Egoiste platinum was a year or two older than my Armani attitude but its top note has strong aldehyde smell now and it was spoiled (but then again the heart and base notes are quite good still). My time travel scent: Giorgio Armani restrained attitude.

Little attitude, but decent
One of the most decent Armani fragrances for man I’ve ever tried, mostly because 90% of the others except the original Eau is quite crap. Attitude isn’t really anything special in fact, but it is at least a bit far from the clichés the rest of the line is so stuffed with. Basically this a really mild, but perfectly versatile and classy sort of amber-patchouli-tobacco fragrance with a hint of coffee, blending the Armani Code type of inspiration with the earthy darkness of patchouli – quite the key here, as it is the most prominent note for me - and the “contemporary-urban” aloof warmth of ambroxan. A touch of citrus counter-balances the general feel of dusty darkness. Don’t imagine anything complex or rich though, all smells also quite flat and a bit synthetic in the negative meaning - like any cheap patchouli perfume you can get at the drugstore, layered with any generic woody-amber scent, with a hint of that sweet synthetic note they call “tobacco” and a generic mood of “dusty dark sweetness”. But as I said, there’s patchouli which makes some sort of difference, while most of other similar scents (the “self-confident middle-class 35/40-something coworker” type of scents) were/are just stuffed with tonka and cedar, this is a bit darker and earthier. Sort of a hybrid between Mugler’s Ice Men and Armani Code, maybe. Getting even more linear and simple on the drydown after a couple of hours. The result isn’t that bad overall, it is in fact quite “masculine”: warm, greyish, kind of dark, rugged at first, a bit heavy and kind of cheap, but it works if you are looking for something stressing your “masculinity” with no frills and no concerns for quality. Everlasting persistence. Completely unworthy the high prices now that it’s discontinued, but back then it was probably the best you could get out of Armani’s line.

6-6,5/10

Perhaps more 'attitude' is needed
I'm rather surprised to notice that this fragrance originated from 2007, I had presumed it had been around a lot longer than that. It appears to be a very popular fragrance for men, displayed quite often in the big department stores.

The scent itself is rather herbaceous and earthy. It has a real masculine vibe to it, that is incredibly sexy. Some reviewers are mentioning a chocolate accord, making it somewhat similar to Thierry Mugler B*Men. I can't say that I understand the gourmand reference. There is a subtle coffee note in the opening and the heart, but it is far from what I'd call foody.

Armani Attitude is a rather refined fragrance, one that would suit a fashion conscious man in a suit. Not to mock the fragrance at all, but I don't sense a bad-boy with 'attitude' in this particular fragrance.

I'm a little disappointed that since this fragrance was shaped like a cigarette lighter it didn't contain a note of tobacco, which I absolutely adore. I think the blend of tobacco with the coffee, citrus, lavender, patchouli and amber would have been divine.

Overall, the scent is lasting, however towards the drydown the sillage becomes less and less, taking on a rather intimate approach. This bothered me slightly because I wanted this fragrance to exude more confidence and power. Another interesting quality I found, was that it oddly became sweeter as the fragrance progressed. Take that how you will.

Dan81Dan81 7 months ago
As a smoker, the lighter case was an instant buy for me in 2007. It is versatile but a bit restraine despite its name
AkuninAkunin 2 years ago
One of my favorite night scents. Great combo of lavender and coffee , seductive, provocative , manly . Italian classic 10/10
FuzziKSAFuzziKSA 3 years ago
Love it. It is unique and bold. Sexy and dark.

Thank you for your words!
by R0din
Thank you for your words!
by R0din
by Taurus1967
by Taurus1967
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Iris Céladon by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Absolu Gold by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Fumé by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani