Emporio Armani - Diamonds for Men 2008 Eau de Toilette

Emporio Armani - Diamonds for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani
Emporio Armani - Diamonds for Men (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Giorgio Armani for men and was released in 2008. The scent is fresh-woody. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Sichuan pepperSichuan pepper
LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCocoa beanCocoa bean
CedarCedar
Base Notes Base NotesAmbroxAmbrox
Gaiac woodGaiac wood
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.11.2021.

Nostalgia
Armani Diamonds is among my first 3 fragrances, which I wore well over a decade ago at the age of 12-14.
Along with Le Male and Bvlgari Man, these simply shaped my enthusiasm for perfumes.
Due to the nostalgia factor and the memories and experiences I was able to make with and through the help of these fragrances ;-D ..they are close to my heart
This is uncomplicated and yet versatile.
fresh and slightly gourmandig. Not too sweet.
A little synthetic and smells not according to the name high-priced. But nevertheless he comes or came well.
As it is today I would like to try again....

Armani Diamonds EDT
This has become one of my favourites. And I think its criminally under rated. I've had many compliments wearing this. I love the Sichuan pepper and Lemon opening it's sharp and cuts through the air nicely. It works well in those cooler summer nights. Its one of them scents that you keep getting a lovely whiff of. I think its the chocolate cocoa and guaiac wood that gives it that moreish and strong base along with the vetiver and Ambrox that meld together to make a smooth and creamy and very sensual and seductive vibe. A certain lady used to love this on me and would make me feel really clean, sexy and confident wearing this. For a EDT lasts well and can still smell it on your neck the next day sometimes. Scent 9/10 sillage 9/10 longevity 9/10.

Taurus1967
Diamonds are not a boy's best friend
Giorgio Armani's a bit of a pain in the ass for me right now. I still like the brand, but I'm sceptical about fragrances after many years of loyalty to Acqua di Giò, Armani pour Homme and Black Code (now just Armani Code). Especially with the latter, the reformulation has given me a bitter taste, because quality including durability have decreased noticeably, so that I will finally refrain from a repeated purchase.

What would remain of Armani are the not exactly inexpensive Privé creations or the almost questionable Emporio fragrances. In 2013, I made the acquaintance of Flanker Diamonds for Men Black Carat. It even turned out really well. And I also found the conventional Diamonds for Men quite wearable at that time.

However, even that one has been polished to a very smooth finish, as the tests have shown. The first thought is that it goes strongly in the direction of the Armani Code, at least as far as spiciness and woodiness are concerned, but then shows up with lemon and cocoa, which distinguish it somewhat from its big successful brother. These are fine counterpoints that also contribute to the fragrance embodying something warm and subtly fresh.

Only then do you realize that both guaiac wood and the peppery note plus all the other things around it somehow seem a few carats too synthetic. This makes the wearing a little bit sad, because I think that Diamonds for Men was much more valuable when it was launched. You get the feeling that you've cut back on the ingredients.

With L'Instant pour Homme, Guerlain demonstrates how the theme of lemon and cocoa can be given a truly noble touch. No matter whether as EdT or EdP: everything is really right here and you show how a high-carat drink has to be sniffed and convinced.

But I haven't given up Armani completely yet, even though I don't have much hope there anymore.

Fresh Gourmand...

I was gifted this fragrance. I do like it. As a designer fragrance from a branch of the Armani house I think it does have an appeal to a certain target group. What I like about it is that it opens with citrus and then transitions into a slightly spicy cacao vibe. I do get the bergamot in the top, before it slowly fades into a powdery and ambery cacao vibe. I think this one will appeal to a majority of people out there. That said, I do also think that if you are a fragrance connoisseur who has experience with niche fragrances and houses etc. then you may be underwhelmed or even disappointed with this one.

I can think of a fragrance which does do a cacao-and-citrus theme much better than this one, and that is L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme in Eau de Toilette. That one is meant to have sandalwood in the base and this one may have guaiac wood, however I believe the Guerlain has the better quality ingredients, with a more "natural" feel to it. However if you are just starting out into fragrances, this would be a good one on your initial journey.

Overall, if you are looking for a light, fresh, and slightly synthetic gourmand, this would be an option. It's not bad, just not great compared to some other higher quality alternatives out there.

Diamonds for Men by Armani
This is a fragrance that's easy to reach for. You don't really have to think about it.

Sweet in the manner of a gourmand, but also kind of upbeat and light, Diamonds opens with a chocolate/cocoa note and some kind of fruit in the way of raspberry or strawberry. There's a smokiness to it as well, and maybe a hint of powder, but only to the extent that it softens the fragrance up and keeps the bergamot in check. Gaiac wood is used nicely here--it's sweet, and moderately smoky, and it enhances the chocolate, almost adding another dimension to it. I wouldn't describe this as spicy, it's more as if the pepper was used to cut it, and keep it from becoming sugary and overly soft. Overall, this is a happy scent with a sensual and romantic air. It seems like it would be a great date fragrance for a younger guy, as it's alluring and smooth, but never too serious or dark. Furthermore, it has moderate projection, so you don't have to worry about over-doing it. Diamonds also works well as a daily wear scent during the colder months.

I like this one, and find it a good alternative to scents like La Nuit de L'homme, Givenchy Play Intense, and Black XS. It's less aggressive than La Nuit, sexier than Play Intense, and more mature than Black XS. Unless your averse to sweeter, designer fragrances that play it safe but execute well, you'll probably like this too.

Masculine skin-scent
Since I wasn't a fan of the female version of Emporio Armani Diamonds I didn't have much in the way of expectations, however this fragrance has me pleasantly surprised.

This is one of my favourite clean masculine scents. It is very fresh and woodsy with hints of spice. Almost natural I would say, quite close to the skinscent of a clean man.

The drydown is quite musky, while the opening of bergamot and guaiac wood is quite fresh and enticing. This contrast I like immensely. I would even consider wearing this myself. I think this fragrance is unique, however with that being said I'll admit that I am no connoisseur of male fragrances yet there is a clean sexiness in this fragrance that I very rarely find in a female scent. It is this fragrance's composition which I greatly admire.

Emporio Armani Diamonds for Men gets the thumbs up from me.

by R0din
by Taurus1967
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Code (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Intensely by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Absolu Gold by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Absolutely by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani