Emporio Armani - Diamonds for Men (2008) Eau de Toilette

Emporio Armani - Diamonds for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani

Emporio Armani - Diamonds for Men (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Giorgio Armani for men and was released in 2008. The scent is fresh-woody. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Sichuan pepper, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCocoa bean, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesAmbrox, Gaiac wood, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.11.2019.

Fresh Gourmand...

I was gifted this fragrance. I do like it. As a designer fragrance from a branch of the Armani house I think it does have an appeal to a certain target group. What I like about it is that it opens with citrus and then transitions into a slightly spicy cacao vibe. I do get the bergamot in the top, before it slowly fades into a powdery and ambery cacao vibe. I think this one will appeal to a majority of people out there. That said, I do also think that if you are a fragrance connoisseur who has experience with niche fragrances and houses etc. then you may be underwhelmed or even disappointed with this one.

I can think of a fragrance which does do a cacao-and-citrus theme much better than this one, and that is L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme in Eau de Toilette. That one is meant to have sandalwood in the base and this one may have guaiac wood, however I believe the Guerlain has the better quality ingredients, with a more "natural" feel to it. However if you are just starting out into fragrances, this would be a good one on your initial journey.

Overall, if you are looking for a light, fresh, and slightly synthetic gourmand, this would be an option. It's not bad, just not great compared to some other higher quality alternatives out there.

5.0 5.0 5.0 7.0/10

Diamonds for Men by Armani
This is a fragrance that's easy to reach for. You don't really have to think about it.

Sweet in the manner of a gourmand, but also kind of upbeat and light, Diamonds opens with a chocolate/cocoa note and some kind of fruit in the way of raspberry or strawberry. There's a smokiness to it as well, and maybe a hint of powder, but only to the extent that it softens the fragrance up and keeps the bergamot in check. Gaiac wood is used nicely here--it's sweet, and moderately smoky, and it enhances the chocolate, almost adding another dimension to it. I wouldn't describe this as spicy, it's more as if the pepper was used to cut it, and keep it from becoming sugary and overly soft. Overall, this is a happy scent with a sensual and romantic air. It seems like it would be a great date fragrance for a younger guy, as it's alluring and smooth, but never too serious or dark. Furthermore, it has moderate projection, so you don't have to worry about over-doing it. Diamonds also works well as a daily wear scent during the colder months.

I like this one, and find it a good alternative to scents like La Nuit de L'homme, Givenchy Play Intense, and Black XS. It's less aggressive than La Nuit, sexier than Play Intense, and more mature than Black XS. Unless your averse to sweeter, designer fragrances that play it safe but execute well, you'll probably like this too.

5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Masculine skin-scent
Since I wasn't a fan of the female version of Emporio Armani Diamonds I didn't have much in the way of expectations, however this fragrance has me pleasantly surprised.

This is one of my favourite clean masculine scents. It is very fresh and woodsy with hints of spice. Almost natural I would say, quite close to the skinscent of a clean man.

The drydown is quite musky, while the opening of bergamot and guaiac wood is quite fresh and enticing. This contrast I like immensely. I would even consider wearing this myself. I think this fragrance is unique, however with that being said I'll admit that I am no connoisseur of male fragrances yet there is a clean sexiness in this fragrance that I very rarely find in a female scent. It is this fragrance's composition which I greatly admire.

Emporio Armani Diamonds for Men gets the thumbs up from me.

by R0din
by Michael
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code / Black Code (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Sì (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lei/elle/she/ella/女... by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lui/il/he/él/男... by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Profumo by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Essenza by Giorgio Armani Eau de Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani