Eau Pour Homme 2013Eau de Toilette

Version from 2013
Eau Pour Homme (2013) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani
Bottle Design Rozenn Mainguené
Eau Pour Homme (2013) (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for men and was released in 2013. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesBasil, Bergamot, Bitter orange, Mandarin orange, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Jasmine, Coriander, Lavender, Nutmeg, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 07.04.2021.

La Dolce Vita
I have been looking for a fragrance for the modern gentleman for a long time. I like products with tradition, class and history. Unfortunately, I have found few classics in perfume that I like. I often don't get along with older fragrance DNAs. The Armani Eau pour Homme was a real bargain. Bought it at a 30% discount. The original came out in 1984. Sprayed and immediately I was thrilled with a very fresh, natural lemon. I have smelled so in this quality so far only with Aqua di Parma Colonia. Before my eyes appeared the sun and the sea .....Italy! Shortly after, green notes and lavender followed, developing the fragrance in the masculine direction. In my imagination appears Cary Grant with sunglasses and striped shirt, la Dolce Vita pure. Unfortunately, the pleasure is gone after 2-3 hours. The scent has the staying power of an eau de cologne, less of an eau de toilette as stated. Eau pour Homme fully met my expectations of a classic for the well-groomed gentleman. Classic, timeless, fresh. Rather recommended for the warm season. I am already looking forward to the summer
FvSpee
CoViD comments, twelfth piece: Lavender capitalized
With this fragrance in the lower to middle price segment (approx. 70 euros for 100 ml) we encounter a beautiful, pleasing, absolutely portable everyday and utility water without large corners, edges and special features. Not only the geographical origin, but also the design can be addressed as traditional and typically Mediterranean-masculine.

The top note is a beautiful "citric opening" with a light light green touch. Here in the first few minutes this Armani reminds me strongly of Annick Goutal's light summer waters like Eau du Sud, Eau d'Hadrien and especially Eau de Monsieur. This freshness is soon mixed with a minimal tingling and sharp note, just enough to create an interesting counterpoint to the hesperidic, stinky-suspicious spicy note that could come from coriander. While the citric note quickly recedes, the spicy notes then gain more and more space; in this intermediate phase between the top and heart notes, Eau de Monsieur is a beautifully light brown spicy fragrance. I couldn't identify individual notes, but cinnamon, nutmeg and clove are completely plausible.

But now, and we still haven't fully arrived at the heart note, a massive expansion of the lavender, previously only very easily perceptible, is taking place, which now has a very strong appearance, nicely flanked by the continuing spicy notes. Lavender is here in the fragrance pyramid only very small printed in the heart note: This does not correspond with my perception that the heart of this fragrance actually consists of a beautiful, soft, typically powdery lavender (with accessories, if necessary), which is why I (which I almost never do) just by clicking on the word lavender jazzed up this ingredient here on Parfumo (when voting in the voting booth, this would be something like cumulating). This huge heart of lavender beats (without too much projection) for at least eight hours, and towards the end, without falling silent, it runs out more and more into a spicy-woody, but at the same time quite soft and sweet base.

Depending on whether you like the fragrance intuitively or not, you will either find it too generic, boring and superfluous, or, which I have a slight tendency to do, plainly beautiful and understated. Something incredibly new, something never smelled before, is not to be expected here. For me, this is enough for a nice round eight, although I also briefly considered a slightly lower rating. With so much inconspicuousness in the fragrance, a more distinctive name would have been appropriate for the sake of contrast, so that at least something here is unmistakable. Therefore, the word combination "Eau pour homme" (yawn, snore) is only awarded 4 points
If you don't want to read more about Corona, you can also get off here. Because the scent review is actually over here, and my current thoughts about epidemics have no real connection to these beautiful toilet waters. So you won't miss anything but my stupid mustard for the epidemic if you stop now
But I can't resist the idea of getting rid of my conviction that keeping one's mouth shut is sometimes a virtue not only for hygienic reasons. How annoyed and ashamed I was a week or two ago when comments and editorials in the serious media, which I greatly appreciate, were stirred up by the fact that in Italy the mortality rates are so high and in Spain whole old people's homes are being transformed into mass graves. Then it was said that after the end of the crisis "we will have to talk about it". So instead of horror, sadness and compassion, some feel the need to teach these sloppy southerners, who habitually drown our EU funds in sangria, instead of organizing their health care system according to Prussian standards (where, as is well known, the German old people's homes in particular always offer first-class, personalized care for the elderly), a serious word about why they enjoy dying so much. But generously, only after the crisis, one doesn't want to be a monster and lets them finish their funerals properly. My God, how painful that was. And when yesterday I read about the old people's home in Wolfsburg and today about the hospital in Potsdam, where Gevatter Hain had a rich harvest (and unfortunately there will be more such cases in Germany), I thought once again: Si tacuisses. So the know-it-all was joined by the know-it-all, so you start out as a mere smart guy ** and end up as a stupid chatterbox.

And there again nothing more comes to mind to give the commentary a cheerful conclusion. Tomorrow the tone will be lighter again, I promise.
An Italian Monday
Yesterday, Monday, was one of those days when the fortunate individual circumstances come together in one installation to turn a normal day into a busy day. On the one hand, it was a holiday. Then it was the first day in a while that seemed to finally keep the spring promise that had been broken early by this year's weather ("But now..."). Cloudless and nineteen degrees. I was also in that tidy mood where I can only be when there is something to do that needs to be done, but could also wait a day without any disadvantages. So I had two little casual walks to do in town. I almost whistled.

Purely into the light blue shirt, then the grip to the most colourful tie, which otherwise always seems a little too loud. Finally into the cream-coloured, unlined jacket and off you go. In the city, the daydreaming feeling of living life for today that I wanted to live as a sixteen-year-old after reading a novel by Wilhelm Genazino for the first time: The life of a nameless, cheerful-melancholic flâneur. Between copy shop and post office (a fragrance letter to Berlin) the desire for a detour. With extensive steps into the nearby perfume department of a department store. You still don't know anything about anything. Something old from Armani? Early works by designers like to put whole shelf meters of current top sellers with their left hand in their pockets. "Eau pour Homme"? Sounds old and the shape of the bottle doesn't look new either.

I must have felt unconsciously reminded of something shortly after spraying, because the next sprayer on the still free back of my hand was "Eau Sauvage" (EdT). And indeed, if I had been asked to imagine an eighties variant of the old Dior classic - that would be how it would turn out: Take the characteristic, permeable-citric spice of 'Eau Sauvage' and, in keeping with the spirit of the times, carefully drill it with spices without suffocating the transparent, summery signature. From the airy "hole" that opens so elegantly in the centre of the model, clear but slender notes of cinnamon, basil and a little pepper rise in the Armani version. In the case of "Eau pour Homme", typical spices of the time were used surprisingly cautiously and "unpowerhousig" to give the wearer enough room for ego, casualness and listlessness despite all their presence - in fact a characteristic that makes a good Italian suit and which Armani still distinguished in early years (I don't want to comment on the design and quality of today's textile products of this house)
Reformulated? Sure, I'm sure. Attenuated? Maybe so. But that also applies to "Eau Sauvage". And in a direct comparison, "Eau pour Homme" clearly wins in terms of sillage and shelf life. Still in the late evening a tender, slightly woody peppery note was to be smelled, which reminded me wittily a little of "Blenheim Bouquet" of Penhaligon's a little. I'd never tell that Italian friend, he'd be way too proud for that
The scent of money
Autumn is coming today - and it is showing its best side.

The sun smiles mildly and there is already maturity in the air.
And I also feel Armani eau pour Homme suitably autumnal.

It's not a summery radiant man, not a sunny boy - but an elegant gentleman in a more sedate age.

My uncle could wear it in the bank, because despite his presence Armani does not seem intrusive.
I see Uncle in his wood-panelled office sitting attentively in front of the PC, following the stock prices.
A bowl of seasoned dried fruit stands on the heavy desk, and the aroma mixes with the wood and the smell of money.
Numbers buzz quietly through the air - rational, but not dry.

Uncle's bunch of keys rings gently in his hand, and we walk muted over endless carpet walks into the vault.
A diffuse tension surrounds me - accompanied by a feeling of security.
Locks click and meter-thick steel doors open silently.
We are in the sanctum of the bank - in absolute silence.
What treasures may be hidden in the glossy lockers?
This question inspires my imagination in the cool, unadorned room.

Armani conveys this feeling of secure solidity for me - but completely without boredom.
2.5
2.5

Still a classic?
I wonder why this has been reformulated. Yes i know the regulations and so, but i cant believe what was done to this fragrance.

I remember when i was a teenager i got a flacon of the original version with about 10ml left. I remember how heavy this fragrance was, one spray was enough for a day.

Recently i bought this 2013 version. Both versions are close in terms of smell, but this new version lacks of density that the old one had. This one smells like a very diluted version.

Opens with a huge smell of citric notes that are very natural to my nose. Then joins some herbal notes and nutmeg. The fragrance is quite linear after that - only a light woody note comes in the drydown.

Reminds me of YSL Pour Homme.

If you like Azzaro, YSL Pour Homme, Rive Gauche and this kind of scents, you'll like this one also.

Sillage, lasting power and projection are weak in my skin.

by R0din
by Miaw2
by Mikka01
by Mikka01

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Code (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Iris Céladon by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani